Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #541
MrSnict

DEATH WATCH 962's Gamercard
FullHouse Poker

Some season Achievements are not attainable any more.

(As Of October 21st 2012)

Unabtainable one's:
Hot pot Master, spring 2011
Gold Medal Champion Spring 2011
Winner's Circle, Spring 2011
Hot pot Master, Summer 2011

Still possible:
Extra Tricky
Stylish Host
Pull the Trigger
Holywooding
Ding! Double Digits!
You're Not the Boss of Me
Took Down A Pro
Big Dog
Bucket List #12,472
Headshot
Gone Fishing
I See the Future
I Hate ATM Fees
Cardrack
Trickster
Ding! Grats!
Its Like the Wave
The Final Tabel
Ding! Top Dog!
Rollin'

Old 10-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #542
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKER 513 View Post
While not unachievable yet TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED servers are closing September 29th, 2012. So either dust off your copy of the game, or head over to your local game shop and buy a used copy. 8 online achievements will be affected.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n104...-down-soon.htm
goddammit. Wish I saw this earlier.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #543
Ragleyman

Famous Scoose's Gamercard
Me no likey glitched achievements
Old 10-23-2012, 03:21 AM   #544
Soldiercloud9

Count Aizen's Gamercard
The Social Addict achievement in the Apples to Apples game is currently unachievable. Since the company shut down on the 12th no one can register the game on Facebook. THQ did say they are looking into it but they're track record is kind of bad when it comes to that.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #545
natho420

xDevilsMagiic's Gamercard
FIFA 12 Challenge Accepted, As Challenge Are Not Up Dated Any more.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #546
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Glad that there is a thread for this! Too bad I missed out on Army Of Two. Oh well.

credits to DEG23
Old 10-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #547
Negative Creep

negativecreep08's Gamercard
Forza 2 - they seem to have removed all the DLC from the marketplace. Since I had them installed before my old Xbox died it now means I can't play the game at all so cannot get the remaining achievements. No sure if the servers are still running and there are no achievements specifically linked to the DLC, but just a heads up
Old 10-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #548
SandMan NL1

SandMan NL1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The following achievements aren't attainable anymore due to the closure of the DirtNet servers in DIRT 2 for X360 and PC:

I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost! (Choose a ghost, download and beat it!) 10 G

Tourney (Take part in four tournaments.) 20 G

Max gamerscore in DiRt 2: 970/1000

Old 10-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #549
Goblin93

damn this was such a great idea to make this post can def check out games with closed servers...i dislike the whole idea of shutting servers down though
Old 10-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #550
AkaPsycho

Phycho Snidget's Gamercard
This list was very helpful, thanks!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #551
xGhost237x

Ghost237's Gamercard
Full auto isn't on the list? i don't think it's possible :S
Old 11-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #552
GLOCKGLOCK

DRUNKZ 27's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Looks like 2K Sports snuck this one by us:

http://www.2ksports.com/news/2ksports/416

Only online servers for NBA 2K13 and MLB 2K12 remain active. Looks like they barely supported NBA 2K12 for a year.

No blank friend requests! Please send a message with the game/achievement you want to boost!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #553
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Creep View Post
Forza 2 - they seem to have removed all the DLC from the marketplace. Since I had them installed before my old Xbox died it now means I can't play the game at all so cannot get the remaining achievements. No sure if the servers are still running and there are no achievements specifically linked to the DLC, but just a heads up
get the DLC Disk (platinum edition) and reinstall them. or if you purchased them through your gamertag look up your download history and redownload them.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #554
RIIIPPER

RIIIPPER's Gamercard
Great list! I often pick up older, cheap titles at a pawn shop, so it's good to know which ones I'll never be able to complete! And I agree with Goblin93 -- I hate the idea of them shutting down servers to games. I UNDERSTAND why they do it, I just hate the idea. Now, if the game is a few years old and not played, fine, but EA (especially) seems to shut stuff off pretty darn quick.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #555
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
For me the worst unobtainable acheivements would be the last 3 "Aperture Science" acheivements in Portal from The Orange Box. People claim that these can be acheived through trial and error and countless amounts of preserverence, but for me, It's quite clear that these 3 acheivements were designed with the Mouse and Kb in mind, not the controller.

I have simply givin up on trying to complete The Orange Box due to these last 3 acheivements, and since then, I absolutely refuse to buy another game from Valve as long as a I live.

Sure I have countless other reasons why I don't like or respect Valve Software, but this shit just pushed me over the edge. I wish I never spent the time bringing that stupid garden nome around with me in half life 2 if I would have known there was no way for me to get these last 3 acheivements. Even "Mile High Club" in COD4 was easy compared to these 3.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #556
VisionsOfDemise

Inferno XR3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delow317 View Post
For me the worst unobtainable acheivements would be the last 3 "Aperture Science" acheivements in Portal from The Orange Box. People claim that these can be acheived through trial and error and countless amounts of preserverence, but for me, It's quite clear that these 3 acheivements were designed with the Mouse and Kb in mind, not the controller.

I have simply givin up on trying to complete The Orange Box due to these last 3 acheivements, and since then, I absolutely refuse to buy another game from Valve as long as a I live.

Sure I have countless other reasons why I don't like or respect Valve Software, but this shit just pushed me over the edge. I wish I never spent the time bringing that stupid garden nome around with me in half life 2 if I would have known there was no way for me to get these last 3 acheivements. Even "Mile High Club" in COD4 was easy compared to these 3.
This post, it's full of butthurt.

I don't know you, but I get the impression that this is all you do. Rant and rave about things you dislike. Your signature, good God...
Old 11-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #557
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionsOfDemise View Post

I don't know you, but I get the impression that this is all you do. Rant and rave about things you dislike. Your signature, good God...
Lets get something straight pal.. I don't give a damn what your first impression is of me and quite frankly I find it very immature of you to make assumptions bout others here... PERIOD.

My signature is based on facts that I've experienced with that gimped console since day one. I also stand by the fact that I can easily back up my claims in my sig with ease with anyone. You wanna try me? LOL Either way, thank you very much, but I stand by my signature.. as it couldn't be any more truthful. Especially coming from someone who bought all 3 consoles on their respective launch days.

Also how is this post filled with butthurt? Valve simply doesn't optimise their games for console.. PERIOD. And now that the PS3 is valve's lead console development platform, I no longer support them for their bullshit.

Next time try growing up yourself before posting such a stupid comment as you did above. And if you want to call me out on my sig, I suggest contacting me via XBL (my gamertag is "Delow317") and I'll be more than happy to explain to you exactly why my sig is based on facts and experience with the PS3.. all of which can't be refutted because it's based on personal experience with the console since 06.

Seriously calling me out for my sig.. especially when everything in it is a fact that I've witnessed first hand was a bad call on your part. Especially when I can back it all up in spades.

Seriously what is with you message board guys and making assumptions? It's like that's all people do on the internet is ASSUME and LABEL others.. especially those who you deem to have an opinion different than yours. Next time try being nice for a change and never assume.. atleast not untill you see a pattern anyways!

Last edited by Delow317; 11-07-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #558
KillerBEA
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Not unobtainable though..
Old 11-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #559
danihendrixx

danihendrixx's Gamercard
It has an easy solution. Games with only offline achievements.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #560
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danihendrixx View Post
Thanks for that great bit of wisdom.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #561
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:

Yeah, so, if you don't know someone, why try to analyze them based on a solitary post? And then pull in their signature, of all things, to support your assertion? A glance at my signature would bring someone to the conclusion that I'm a megalomaniac with a messiah complex and is amused by indecent exposure. It's arguable I'm not any of those things; it's just a little extra flavor to otherwise dry posting. Try it, sometime. Find something that amuses you, a thought, a quote, whatever. Express yourself. Put yourself out there.

Dive into Delow's last 10 posts, even. Probably only one has a negative tone, not counting this one. The rest are positive or discussion related to accomplishing/setting up something. That's not a bad ratio.

Quote:
Valve simply doesn't optimise their games for console.. PERIOD. And now that the PS3 is valve's lead console development platform, I no longer support them for their bullshit.
This is absolutely true; rarely does Valve ever do something wrong so it's rare that anyone has to rush to their defense, but The Orange Box was pushed as a $60 AAA title in 2007 and for about 3 years they promised support for TF2 on 360; never came. It's just not a huge priority, and so even though it leaves a bad taste in our mouth, complete discontinuing is a bittersweet victory; we're not going to drug along on a chain hoping and praying that support will one day come. It's fini and we'll just have to make do.

As for the Aperture Science achievements... they'll take 10s of hours and hours. It is super crazy pants. Would they be easier with a mouse? Absolutely. Otherwise do we have to tweak the settings inbetween labs to get the desired effect (throwing cubes, etc.)? Afraid so.

Quote:
Seriously calling me out for my sig.. especially when everything in it is a fact that I've witnessed first hand was a bad call on your part. Especially when I can back it all up in spades.
Fun fact: I used to troll people super hard for sigs.

It's far more satisfying to troll people based on their post history, because sometimes a sig is 100% fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
Not unobtainable though..
Yeah, so not in the spirit of the thread. I suppose it could be argued that Delow could say "I'll believe it when I see it", but I've not accomplished it since '07: I doubt I'd be able to film myself redoing it to prove it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danihendrixx View Post
{sigh}
Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #562
Cmpunk

NanoEdge EX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:

Well its funny you say butthurt. Cause that is most likely what you are over his opinion.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #563
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
Yeah, so, if you don't know someone, why try to analyze them based on a solitary post? And then pull in their signature, of all things, to support your assertion? A glance at my signature would bring someone to the conclusion that I'm a megalomaniac with a messiah complex and is amused by indecent exposure. It's arguable I'm not any of those things; it's just a little extra flavor to otherwise dry posting. Try it, sometime. Find something that amuses you, a thought, a quote, whatever. Express yourself. Put yourself out there.

Dive into Delow's last 10 posts, even. Probably only one has a negative tone, not counting this one. The rest are positive or discussion related to accomplishing/setting up something. That's not a bad ratio.

This is absolutely true; rarely does Valve ever do something wrong so it's rare that anyone has to rush to their defense, but The Orange Box was pushed as a $60 AAA title in 2007 and for about 3 years they promised support for TF2 on 360; never came. It's just not a huge priority, and so even though it leaves a bad taste in our mouth, complete discontinuing is a bittersweet victory; we're not going to drug along on a chain hoping and praying that support will one day come. It's fini and we'll just have to make do.

As for the Aperture Science achievements... they'll take 10s of hours and hours. It is super crazy pants. Would they be easier with a mouse? Absolutely. Otherwise do we have to tweak the settings inbetween labs to get the desired effect (throwing cubes, etc.)? Afraid so.

Fun fact: I used to troll people super hard for sigs.

It's far more satisfying to troll people based on their post history, because sometimes a sig is 100% fiction.

Yeah, so not in the spirit of the thread. I suppose it could be argued that Delow could say "I'll believe it when I see it", but I've not accomplished it since '07: I doubt I'd be able to film myself redoing it to prove it can be done.

{sigh}
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmpunk View Post
Well its funny you say butthurt. Cause that is most likely what you are over his opinion.
Thanks guys.. both of you! I'd buy you both a beer for defending me, but I don't think Mr. Punk Drinks.. being straight edge and all? Or am I wrong? LOL

Bottom's up fellas!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:29 AM   #564
Cmpunk

NanoEdge EX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Thanks guys.. both of you! I'd buy you both a beer for defending me, but I don't think Mr. Punk Drinks.. being straight edge and all? Or am I wrong? LOL

Bottom's up fellas!
Indeed. It goes deeper than my current 360a set. I am straight edge. Oh and np.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #565
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
The bottomline is that Aperture Science is NOT unobtainable, no matter how impossible is seems to be for some people. This is a thread for completely glitched achievements, either right out of the box, or due to server shutdowns, not "this achievement is too hard so I think it should be considered unobtainable".
Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #566
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Metal Jim View Post
The bottomline is that Aperture Science is NOT unobtainable, no matter how impossible is seems to be for some people. This is a thread for completely glitched achievements, either right out of the box, or due to server shutdowns, not "this achievement is too hard so I think it should be considered unobtainable".
Maybe so but I never claimed it was unattainable, it just is for me. Btw, Have you tried going for those aperture science ones yourself? If you have you would know exactly what I'm talking about. You literally cant exit an elevator without taking too many steps, and like I said, It just seems like the acheivements were designed with a mouse and kb in mind, not a controller. Because of this I think these actually will be unattainble for most though.

Regardless though, I simply gave up on them and the game will remain forever 96 out of 99 achievements. And this is coming from someone who perservered for 2 weeks before finally getting the "Mile High Club" acheivement in COD 4. Lets just say, despite it taking me 2 weeks to do a 60 second acheivement, it's still far less headache and far less frustration than those aperture science ones were.. thats for certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmpunk View Post
Indeed. It goes deeper than my current 360a set. I am straight edge. Oh and np.
Well I'll buy you a non-alcoholic brew instead! Also tell Mr. Heyman to hurry up and bring Brock Lesner back to the WWE, I miss the brute, no matter how many arms he breaks! haha!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #567
KillerBEA
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
But you posted in the unobtainable achievements thread, there for creating the assumption that you thought they were in some way unobtainable. Your post while outdated information would of been better suited for the tough 1ks list or a in the orange box specific forum.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #568
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
any chance the list gets updated soon?

Old 11-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #569
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Maybe so but I never claimed it was unattainable, it just is for me. Btw, Have you tried going for those aperture science ones yourself? If you have you would know exactly what I'm talking about. You literally cant exit an elevator without taking too many steps, and like I said, It just seems like the acheivements were designed with a mouse and kb in mind, not a controller. Because of this I think these actually will be unattainble for most though.
Yes, I already unlocked them. Yes they were a pain in the ass. And yes, my gold portal challenges were reset from 15/18 to 1/18 when my console froze, making me have to redo almost everything INCLUDING Test Chamber 16 least time, which was the most difficult one IMO. I'm pretty sure we had a previous discussion on this a few months ago.

I also agree with KillerBEA. This thread should only be for true unobtainables. An example being Arcania: Gothic 4. The achievements Master Chef and Geek were glitched right out of the box and have never been patched. These are true unobtainables. If we're going to list every game that has difficult as hell achievements then I might as well list God Of Arctic Drillers in Mr. Driller Online. I must have tried over 200 times to get that achievement and still haven't been able to. But do I believe it's unobtainable? No, it's just difficult as fuck, just like Aperture Science was. Difficult and unobtainable are two different things my friend.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #570
AustinH

Austin Le Brony's Gamercard
I cant get Art Connoisseur in Assassin's Creed 2, even though brought all paintings.. God damn 990 out of 1000 >
Closed Thread