PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
halfiepint

greenturtle36's Gamercard
airstrike drums-- never again, never never never again

I'm so glad I finally got that one achievement that requires airstrike drums.

It took me four tries, playing on RECRUIT because those drums are such a royal pain in the @$$.

I hated every second of it. Those drums are completely UNfun. They don't register hits, or they hit the wrong one, etc.

I'm not sure it was even worth the lousy 20 point achievement but I'm glad I got it so I can sell the fake drums, pronto.
halfiepint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
halfiepint

anyway, here are a couple of tips: Hold the drumstick with your thumb in the thumb rest.

There's a tiny IR window on the end of the stick that has to be in line with the tiny IR window on the individual pad. You can't just hold the stick any old way, like you would a real drumstick. It has to line up just right.

it really sucks sucks sucks!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
lordthrash

Send a message via ICQ to lordthrash

lordthrash's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip. I need this one and my drums will be returned soon. Just 3 left to the 100%.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
MachineAres

AKB48xIDOLING's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Where the hell do you even get the drums? I've searched all over the vast internets and can't find even one for sale. Does anyone on here still need to sell theirs? This is ridiculous.

Retail Also 1K'd: Ninja Gaiden 2|Gears of War|Prince of Persia|Army of Two|Tomb Raider Legend|Tomb Raider: Underworld|BioShock|COD5|Phantasy Star Universe
MachineAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:55 AM   #5
halfiepint

the drums aren't sold separately, you have to buy the band bundle, your best bet would be a used one on amazon.

I actually sold my drums on ebay, try there, but more than likely you'll have to buy the bundle.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Murgatroyd7

Murgatroyd7's Gamercard
The band bundle was selling for $40 at BigLots the other week, but the deal is probably over by now.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:36 AM   #7
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It would appear that you can buy the drums from the official PowerGig webstore. The catch is that they're $100: http://store.powergig.com/products/airstrike-drums

You're better off trying to track down a band bundle at Big Lots, and hope its still $40.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
SFAL

sfal's Gamercard
Used on eBay the band bundle was $70. Considering the guitar bundle is $35 used, that's $35 for the drums. I didn't see them anywhere less expensive, maybe try craigslist or a trade with somebody.
SFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #9
squodge

squodge4's Gamercard
I'm in the UK, and I imported the band kit from EBGames.com for US$100, including shipping costs. Quite cheap in sterling, about 70. The guitar is tiny, the AirStrike is horrible to play on. In fact, only the vocals is anything resembling a music game.
squodge is offline   Reply With Quote