Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Homefront
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #31
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not a bitch really, but I find it funny that shooting a heavily armed Korean takes 3-4 well placed shots, but shooting an American "rebel" wearing a T-shirt takes 6-8. LOL! If Americans are so tough, why are thy getting taken over?

Old 03-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #32
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
I hate how slow your character moves! GOD, it feels like you're trying to run through water.
That's the one thing I really don't like. I feel so slow going through the campaign. I feel like I'm controlling a 50 year old, severely obese character.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #33
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Give it a month? Fuck that... games should be good to go when they launch,

Have you played any FPS's lately? I am not saying its right, but nearly all FPS's are filled with glitchy bullshit when they first come out.

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #34
Justin11

Mieuxx's Gamercard
all the hype yet another let down, god thq make some terri games, i havent been this bored or glitched out since king kong the game
Rugby League Live Review: http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/...e-Live-Review/

Justin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #35
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
I am going to put this game down for at least a few days. The 3 games I have played in have been really fun, but its too hard to find a match. If i keep trying I will get pissed at the game, even though I think it has a ton of potential.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #36
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
I am going to put this game down for at least a few days. The 3 games I have played in have been really fun, but its too hard to find a match. If i keep trying I will get pissed at the game, even though I think it has a ton of potential.
Im with you man...will give me time to work on Dead Space, Wolverine and Bourne Conspiracy.

Glad I got the full boat achievement last night

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #37
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Have you played any FPS's lately? I am not saying its right, but nearly all FPS's are filled with glitchy bullshit when they first come out.
Games didn't used to be that way and I still think there is no excuse for it. Lazy developers. Game is so bad THQ's stock dropped lol. I would not be suprised is this is the last time THQ works with KAOS studios
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #38
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Games didn't used to be that way and I still think there is no excuse for it. Lazy developers. Game is so bad THQ's stock dropped lol. I would not be suprised is this is the last time THQ works with KAOS studios
I agree, they never were like that. It just seems like its the standard nowadays, and I think it has alot to do with the pressure of deadlines. Most games, even non-blockbusters, seem like they are rushed today.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #39
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
I agree, they never were like that. It just seems like its the standard nowadays, and I think it has alot to do with the pressure of deadlines. Most games, even non-blockbusters, seem like they are rushed today.
Deadlines... I don't think any game should have one. Don't release it until its finished. Would it be the publishers who set these deadlines?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #40
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Agreed, I thought that dude was level headed, but he has been posting how much he hates this game passively throughout the sub-forum. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I think we get yours...do you really need to keep posting it though?

That's my related bitching, people that feel the need to keep trolling this particular sub-forum and keep posting about how terrible the game is. If it is so terrible play something else, we don't wanna hear about it... Cheers.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #41
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Deadlines... I don't think any game should have one. Don't release it until its finished. Would it be the publishers who set these deadlines?
Both are guilty. A company like Activision sets stricts deadlines on Treyarch and IW. This allows a release date to be set, and then the pre-orders come flooding in from there. On the other hand, the devs are at fault too because they want the huge bonuses associated for meeting these deadlines. If people think its only the publishers are the money hungry ones, then you are too gullible. Both the dev and publishers are all about the money.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #42
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
If it is so terrible play something else, we don't wanna hear about it... Cheers.
It's a bitching thread...isn't that what it's here for?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #43
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
It's a bitching thread...isn't that what it's here for?
Yes, and I'm bitching about that fact that you and others feel the need to spray it all over, meaning not contained to this thread, like a dog with a serious territorial complex and a loose bladder. That's all...

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #44
ShaolinShadow
Banned User

GqxShadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
Yes, and I'm bitching about that fact that you and others feel the need to spray it all over, meaning not contained to this thread, like a dog with a serious territorial complex and a loose bladder. That's all...
LMAO, Hey what are you gonna do there's different threads for bitching or faults about this game, this game is in BIATCH MODE
ShaolinShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #45
Bl4nkShot

blurzieblurz's Gamercard
>this is my new favorite thread.

>to bad im about to beat campaign now and go see what money i can get back to get crysis 2 next week.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #46
Nithilius

xHairyCleavagex's Gamercard
All I have to say is that this game was a huge disappointment.
Nithilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #47
ThursdaysNoon

ThursdaysNoon's Gamercard
Probably one of my least favorite things about the game (among others) is the wait for the actual missions to start in campaign. If I'm trying to get through the level without dying, I don't want to sit through what basically equates to a cinema scene for five minutes before starting the mission proper.

ThursdaysNoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #48
Methionine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double2Seven View Post
Worst Fault of the Game !!
I was bored with the single player, it took me less than 4 hours , and it didnt make want more.

But the MP is quitte good , i dont mind the outdated graphic engine or the framerate or the animation of the soldieres , but as i noticed in the single player, bullet penetration is abssent , you cant kill 2 enemies with one bullet, neither you can shoot enemies behind thin sheet of metal or wood....

I hate that really so much.

Hope they solve it with a patch but i doubt it.
Both of these are completely untrue. I just beat it on hardest difficulty and 2 stages proving this is incorrect come to mind. On the stage where you go to the farm and walk through the water under the bridge and a soldier drops through the bridge hung, you can def line up a sniper shot and take out 2 enemies.

Also, on the goldengate bridge when you "fall" and have to work your way back up, after the first wave of enemies and you move to the second section, 2 enemies can be shot through the blue tarp or plywood or w/e that is as they try to rush you through the catwalk.
XboxLive: FFXItag (FFXI only)
LVL: 90 NIN/90 DRK/90 RNG/90 BRD/90 WAR
Server: Bismark
Ukonvasara "90": O
Methionine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #49
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
from everything i have heard most people are either over-bashing this game or over-praising it. its not that bad and its not that good. much better than MOH but not as good as black OPS. the 400 points for online achievements and the 800 microsft points to play are the thing that has irritated me the most so far
axeuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #50
Skilled

depressedwhales's Gamercard

I've enjoyed the game with what is on there;

I've had a few problems so far, I think the writing is really small, I don't want to have subtitles in case they are too small as well.

I think they should have put more background so they story, I think the rushed me into when they have all the news reports and then I get rescued.

Maybe they could have me (Before the war) go pick up a few things from the market, chat to my neighbors. They could tell me what I do for a living. I didn't know until the end why the rescued me?

*Possible spoiler?*

My neighbor could ask how its been? Flown much, just asking how my jobs been? So I know why they needed me.

*Spoiler end?*

Multiplayer seems to be a bit short on maps and game modes, and guns too... I hope they get some DLC out soon to give us at least double the guns maybe 2 or 3 extra modes and a couple of maps. Also I think there should be small modes such as 5v5 squad matches etc so maybe I could get a match with something other then a red bar?

I have no problem with the graphics, I think they are fine.

There is a lot of potential here and this would have easily been a triple A game if they put the effort in.

~

I really like the hunter modes though, they are fun and thrilling to get a kill streak going and hold it. I think they balanced multiplayer fairly well too. Good story line.

Quote:
How we survive, is what makes us who we are.

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Skilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:35 AM   #51
Epilogue of Euphoria

Gen Panzer's Gamercard
Mine isnít so much bitching as it is an expression of disappointment. Like the opening, yes its blatantly brutal but lacks the atmosphere to make you feel the gravity of the situation. I just think the game could have benefitted from a dark dank look and feel (like in Gears) to really convey the desperation of their circumstances. Maybe its just me though.

Bitching time! Why do you die so easily (even on the easiest setting)? Falling prey to enemy fire every two seconds really perturbs me. The graphics usually donít matter to me, but I do have to say that they are rather dated.

Epilogue of Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #52
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
Yeah forgot to add to my list of bitching. The constant grenade spam is ridiculous on the hardest difficulty. I constantly have grenade icons on my screen and if I try to move out of cover I'm shot to death by expert marksmen from across the map. They can even shoot me through cover sometimes. To make matters worse you can't throw any of the grenades back! So you have no choice but to run and get shot.

Also the checkpoints are GOD awful. They often checkpoint you before an unskippable scripted event or cutscene and then you get to the combat and as you know on Guerilla you can die in 1-2 hits sometimes and have to go through all the same unskippable crap. Sometimes I've contemplated not even trying for the rest it's too unbearable but I'm on chapter 5 now so I guess I'll persevere on till the end.

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #53
Dr Popodopolus

Dr Popodopolus's Gamercard

I've got something to bitch about.

If Koas Studios make THQ more cautious with future release (A LA SAINTS ROW 3) then fuck Kaos Studios. By the looks of things, this game flopped just like I knew it would.

Price drops already? Don't make me laugh, bargain bins soon for this one.

Haha I knew this was going to happen! You guys should have listened to me!

I even started bitching when the achievements were announced!

See: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...Homefront.html

But seriously, if the decrease in the value of THQs shares makes SR3 get less investment then I am going to send a nuke in on Kaos Studios' HQ.

Last edited by Dr Popodopolus; 03-18-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #54
JonathanT32

Send a message via AIM to JonathanT32 Send a message via Yahoo to JonathanT32

Jonxthxn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVodka View Post
this is a bullshit game on the highest difficulty.

Can't throw back grenades, you move slow as shit, enemies can fucking shoot through your goddamn cover, and the checkpoints are awful.

just all around horrible waste of $60. Fuck THQ, this is going on ebay.
LMFAO, man you just gotta take it slow on the guerilla difficulty. You can't rush through it expecting not to get fucked up.. lol

JonathanT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:22 AM   #55
nappster187

Nappster187's Gamercard
my bitch is about the fact that the multiplayer is soooooo glitchy. I missed out on the full boat achievement, and of course everyone in the party got the achievement... then only hosts were getting the achievement, and I couldnt connect when i was the host..

Total BS. I just hope they fix this before everyone trades in the game....

Completed Retail & DLC: 28
latest: Madden NFL 25(xb1 & 360)

Completed Arcade: 7
Latest: Uno Rush
nappster187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:04 AM   #56
ShaolinShadow
Banned User

GqxShadow's Gamercard
and the servers go Neeeeeeoooooowwwwww brakkkkkkkkk booom
cant get into a single damn match
ShaolinShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #57
dknoxefr

d knox efr's Gamercard
when they said this game was penned by the same writers of red dawn they should have told the truth and said "well we were blowing coke with the writer of red dawn and he was like 'dude u should make a game like my movie red dawn except the Koreans take over....yea man'"
Old 03-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #58
TGRico72

TG Rico72's Gamercard
Anyone else experiencing some really bad spawn killing in this? I was playing a territory control match and the other team had a chopper and tank and it was impossible to get from the spawn to the closest building with out being blown up by one or the other. Maybe my team just fails at taking those down but I couldn't even get BP to buy a rocket launcher. Seems like there is some balancing issues to me.

I also just finished the campaign. It was really nothing special. I knew this would be another MoH with all the hype but my friends convinced me to get it. Damnit
TGRico72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #59
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanT32 View Post
LMFAO, man you just gotta take it slow on the guerilla difficulty. You can't rush through it expecting not to get fucked up.. lol
i dont know what your LYMAO about. the poster was not asking for help. on guerilla difficulty i dont care how slow you go you are going to get checkmate grenade spammed multiple times. try going slow through the infinite respawn sections also. your greater than though response just shows me you did not play it on the highest difficulty because you clearly did not understand what the poster was talking about
axeuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #60
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Popodopolus View Post
I've got something to bitch about.

If Koas Studios make THQ more cautious with future release (A LA SAINTS ROW 3) then fuck Kaos Studios. By the looks of things, this game flopped just like I knew it would.

Price drops already? Don't make me laugh, bargain bins soon for this one.

Haha I knew this was going to happen! You guys should have listened to me!

I even started bitching when the achievements were announced!

See: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...Homefront.html

But seriously, if the decrease in the value of THQs shares makes SR3 get less investment then I am going to send a nuke in on Kaos Studios' HQ.
It's nice to hear your perspective on a game you haven't played. Thanks for the helpful input. Did you not expect to find people bitching in the bitching thread? The game has only been out a few days and connecting to multiplayer matches has gotten much better. It still needs alot or work, but in 48 hours the improvements have made the game mostly playable. Give the game another week or two, and I am sure it will be much better. Does anybody remember what Black Ops, was like during the the first week of release?????

Edit: did you actually open up and read the price drop threads? It was a mistake and the prices are back up to within $1-$2 of the retail price.

Last edited by MC B0B x360a; 03-18-2011 at 03:16 PM.