PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Homefront
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
sir_taugs
 
sir_taugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 198

The Taugs's Gamercard
Most recent update on servers. Please read.

I found from their home page the most recent updates to the servers.

Here is the link for proof http://www.homefront-game.com/blog-p...80%93-more-way

and here is what they have said. So all you whiners can understand what is really going on and there trying their hardest to make everyone able to join and enjoy multiplayer.

We’re currently experiencing massive demand for dedicated Homefront servers during peak playing hours (between 19.00 – 24.00 EST).

Those players who secure a slot on a local server should be enjoying a smooth, lag-free experience with no wait times between matches. However, once local servers reach capacity, players are assigned to more remote servers - and eventually, if all servers worldwide reach capacity, any remaining players trying to join a game could be faced with a lengthy queue.

What are we doing to address this problem? We are configuring more servers right now for all formats, across the globe, in order to meet demand. We have already doubled our capacity in the past 24 hours, and we are continuing to bring even more servers online over the next few days.

We expect that most players will be able to join a dedicated server today, but if you still experience connection issues, there is another option.

Our ‘Skirmish’ playlists are capped at a lower player count (16 max) which means they do not require a dedicated server. Our peer-to-peer networking code runs great, and the performance will be similar to what you’d expect from any FPS with a solid peer-to-peer infrastructure, like the Halo series. You will certainly be able to get a queue-free taste of the full Homefront experience, until our dedicated server capacity is high enough to support demand.

So, why did we not foresee this problem you ask? Actually, we thought we had... Homefront’s huge pre-order tally had given a good idea of how many copies would be sold in the first 24 hours, first week, and first month. We then estimated our required server capacity as a percentage of total sales, based on information we have from both THQ and competitor titles. We increased our estimate further to be ‘safe’ – specifically to avoid issues like this!

So what’s happened? It turns out our estimate was still too low. Homefront has sold faster than we expected (which we are thrilled about) and more users are spending more time trying to access multiplayer (which we are also thrilled about). The thing we are not thrilled about is the fact that some gamers are currently having to wait for a match, for which we can only apologise.

Rest assured, we are doing everything in our power to cope with the extraordinary demand for servers, and thank you for your continued patience and support.
__________________





sir_taugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Venomized
 
Venomized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,615

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_taugs View Post
I found from their home page the most recent updates to the servers.

Here is the link for proof http://www.homefront-game.com/blog-p...80%93-more-way

and here is what they have said. So all you whiners can understand what is really going on and there trying their hardest to make everyone able to join and enjoy multiplayer.

We’re currently experiencing massive demand for dedicated Homefront servers during peak playing hours (between 19.00 – 24.00 EST).

Those players who secure a slot on a local server should be enjoying a smooth, lag-free experience with no wait times between matches. However, once local servers reach capacity, players are assigned to more remote servers - and eventually, if all servers worldwide reach capacity, any remaining players trying to join a game could be faced with a lengthy queue.

What are we doing to address this problem? We are configuring more servers right now for all formats, across the globe, in order to meet demand. We have already doubled our capacity in the past 24 hours, and we are continuing to bring even more servers online over the next few days.

We expect that most players will be able to join a dedicated server today, but if you still experience connection issues, there is another option.

Our ‘Skirmish’ playlists are capped at a lower player count (16 max) which means they do not require a dedicated server. Our peer-to-peer networking code runs great, and the performance will be similar to what you’d expect from any FPS with a solid peer-to-peer infrastructure, like the Halo series. You will certainly be able to get a queue-free taste of the full Homefront experience, until our dedicated server capacity is high enough to support demand.

So, why did we not foresee this problem you ask? Actually, we thought we had... Homefront’s huge pre-order tally had given a good idea of how many copies would be sold in the first 24 hours, first week, and first month. We then estimated our required server capacity as a percentage of total sales, based on information we have from both THQ and competitor titles. We increased our estimate further to be ‘safe’ – specifically to avoid issues like this!

So what’s happened? It turns out our estimate was still too low. Homefront has sold faster than we expected (which we are thrilled about) and more users are spending more time trying to access multiplayer (which we are also thrilled about). The thing we are not thrilled about is the fact that some gamers are currently having to wait for a match, for which we can only apologise.

Rest assured, we are doing everything in our power to cope with the extraordinary demand for servers, and thank you for your continued patience and support.
Dont bother posting if you are going to be a dick. You could just say "so everyone who is complaining" or "everyone who doesn't know what is going on"


Edit: On topic now, glad to hear that. Currently playing single player to pass the time.

Last edited by Venomized; 03-16-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
sir_taugs
 
sir_taugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 198

The Taugs's Gamercard
Ha i'm not being a dick. They are for all the bitching they are doing and not trying to research the problems. Too many threads here about how the game sucks so i'm putting something positive up.
__________________





sir_taugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
MC B0B x360a
 
MC B0B x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA (EST)
Posts: 4,294

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Well at least the devs recognized the problem, and seemed to have made an honest statement about what is going on. I will give them credit for that. Most games have problems for a few days, but in order to hang with the big boys (halo/Cod/BF) they need to have a near flawless experience from day one. Lets hope everybody gives this game a chance when things get fixed.
__________________

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
sir_taugs
 
sir_taugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 198

The Taugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
Well at least the devs recognized the problem, and seemed to have made an honest statement about what is going on. I will give them credit for that. Most games have problems for a few days, but in order to hang with the big boys (halo/Cod/BF) they need to have a near flawless experience from day one. Lets hope everybody gives this game a chance when things get fixed.
I don't know if you play Bad company 2 but they had server issues for a couple weeks. So THQ is more on the ball then EA games was.
But i'm glad that they inform us about the issues.
__________________





sir_taugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
solo07
 
solo07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Taxachusetts, USA
Posts: 221

solo07's Gamercard
Glad to see that they are doing something about it.
__________________

75k Before Dec. 2011.
solo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #7
ShaolinShadow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 592

GqxShadow's Gamercard
So far I been fine on the mp, The only problem that bugs me is the movement is way to slow, I think if they had updated the graphics the sound it be way up to par with other shooters out there, The MP is a lot of fun I honestly don't mind the SP being so short because that way I can sit back and enjoy the MP =o)
ShaolinShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
Spanish Assault
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,521
Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
honestly this is a good problem....that means more people are playing this game then they thought....
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
ShaolinShadow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 592

GqxShadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
honestly this is a good problem....that means more people are playing this game then they thought....
Its actually better IGN has a post up saying the game has sold over 375,000 copies...
ShaolinShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #10
Spanish Assault
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,521
Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinShadow View Post
Its actually better IGN has a post up saying the game has sold over 375,000 copies...
really thats it?....yikes...thats not a lot at all.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
sir_taugs
 
sir_taugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 198

The Taugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinShadow View Post
So far I been fine on the mp, The only problem that bugs me is the movement is way to slow, I think if they had updated the graphics the sound it be way up to par with other shooters out there, The MP is a lot of fun I honestly don't mind the SP being so short because that way I can sit back and enjoy the MP =o)
Yeah I agree. It is slow moving but I don't mind the unlimited running. Still slow but not the slowest running has been in games. And from what they are saying there have the most problems at night. So if you don't work or go to school I say play during the day and the issues will be happening less. Or just wait a few days and everything will be good to go.
__________________





sir_taugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 PM   #12
ShaolinShadow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 592

GqxShadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_taugs View Post
Yeah I agree. It is slow moving but I don't mind the unlimited running. Still slow but not the slowest running has been in games. And from what they are saying there have the most problems at night. So if you don't work or go to school I say play during the day and the issues will be happening less. Or just wait a few days and everything will be good to go.
I have no commections issues so far, be honest this might make me end up with a purchase since amazon had dropped it 40$
ShaolinShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:49 AM   #13
BWF SmokeBudnSF
 
BWF SmokeBudnSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 58

BwF SmokeBudnSF's Gamercard
these servers fucking blow the update did nothing!
BWF SmokeBudnSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:26 AM   #14
ShaolinShadow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 592

GqxShadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
really thats it?....yikes...thats not a lot at all.
yea tech its not that high but its a good start for a game that everyone had high hopes for even though it flunked 1/2 way
ShaolinShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:38 AM   #15
falconkeeper99
 
falconkeeper99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 24

Falconkeeper79's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_taugs View Post
I don't know if you play Bad company 2 but they had server issues for a couple weeks. So THQ is more on the ball then EA games was.
But i'm glad that they inform us about the issues.
HA, better than EA, there is a shocker. EA's customer service and user support blows. All EA cares about is their next title and paycheck. Bringing down their servers on 2010 sports titles to force people to buy the 2011 version to play online, what a pile of steaming crap that was. I honestly hope that EA tanks or people boycott their games until they fix their customer service department....
falconkeeper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 AM   #16
ShaolinShadow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 592

GqxShadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconkeeper99 View Post
HA, better than EA, there is a shocker. EA's customer service and user support blows. All EA cares about is their next title and paycheck. Bringing down their servers on 2010 sports titles to force people to buy the 2011 version to play online, what a pile of steaming crap that was. I honestly hope that EA tanks or people boycott their games until they fix their customer service department....
I agree ea Customer service is crap, as for them canceling the servers for old games not exactly a good move its like canceling bad company 2, When battlefield 3 comes out kinda dumb thing to do especially when people would like to go back to bad company, like MW1 and MW2 majority of the people who did not like MW2 are playing MW1 again........
ShaolinShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05 AM.