PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #31
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Delta View Post
Also, gold starring every weapon would be a pain, I bronze starred all weapons in BC2 for the medal and some of them weapons are BAD.
I got to gold star 2 with every single thing in the game (excluding Vietnam) before I even got to L50. It's not that bad, really.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #32
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The m1a1 brings up some bad memories, and I know it's not included for the medal, but I tried to bronze the garand too and got creamed while using it

Grey Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #33
KAPiNG

KAPiNG's Gamercard
I dont mind expanssions really..It would be nicer IMO for a DLC of new maps and more weapons like a rmington 700 30-06 for recon, TAR21 for assault ect...
that is just me tired of WW2 lol theres a reason plp are tired of WaW cod..
KAPiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #34
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
The m1a1 brings up some bad memories, and I know it's not included for the medal, but I tried to bronze the garand too and got creamed while using it
The Thompson and Garand were better suited for use in the Vietnam expansion, in my opinion. In Vietnam, the Garand was a fantastic alternative to the assault weapons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPiNG View Post
I dont mind expanssions really..It would be nicer IMO for a DLC of new maps and more weapons like a rmington 700 30-06 for recon, TAR21 for assault ect...
It's much harder to add DLC for weapons. They can do it for maps that will be separate from the regular maps, but it's hard to add weapons and gadgets on after the fact because they would have to figure out a way to make them work for people who don't have the add-on content. The SPECACT kits in BC2 worked because they were part of the game's initial coding and were simply unlocked via DLC.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:42 AM   #35
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
The Thompson and Garand were better suited for use in the Vietnam expansion, in my opinion. In Vietnam, the Garand was a fantastic alternative to the assault weapons.
I struggled to do any good with the old school weapons. I don't know if it was balancing (the excuse i told myself) or pyschological, the idea of going up against an enemy player who is using an M4A1 or M60, i just felt out matched. I pop up spraying 9mm rounds only to be taken out by a few 7.62's

I personally hope there is no gold star every weapon achievement, only because i found some weapons suited my playstyle better than others, especially when it came to bolt action vs semi automatic rifles, i like the security of knowing i can double tap. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way, but getting a gold star for half of the weapons would be a breeze, but the other half would be a grind.

Last edited by DEG23; 09-20-2011 at 02:45 AM.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #36
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I personally hope there is no gold star every weapon achievement, only because i found some weapons suited my playstyle better than others, especially when it came to bolt action vs semi automatic rifles, i like the security of knowing i can double tap. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way, but getting a gold star for half of the weapons would be a breeze, but the other half would be a grind.
In preperation of BF3 i have been trying to get a gold star as a mininum of all my weapons, i have like some weapons with 2's/3's/4's but not all my guns as gold so i've began to use them. I find it good; sure it makes me have to completely change my play style and puts me way out of my comfort zone (SVU, VSS, NeoStead 2000 im looking at YOU!) but I like the fact that i would have to adjust my style. Thus now where i do a kit switch i know how exactly I like to play with them.

I completely understand the wish to not want to have to use a gun one doesnt like though, but i dont know; for me it changed my mind on a lot of weapons, especially the SVU. That thing with an ACOG is just mean, quick double/triple tap and you have an easy kill from almost all ranges... the Typer 88 on the other hand :/

Mother Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #37
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

A bit over a month till release, should have a list released soon

Old 09-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #38
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Quote:
A bit over a month till release, should have a list released soon
They'll probably never tell us. We'll have to find out the list when the game shows up on Major Nelson's gamercard like 3 days before release
Old 09-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #39
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Beef View Post
In preperation of BF3 i have been trying to get a gold star as a mininum of all my weapons, i have like some weapons with 2's/3's/4's but not all my guns as gold so i've began to use them. I find it good; sure it makes me have to completely change my play style and puts me way out of my comfort zone (SVU, VSS, NeoStead 2000 im looking at YOU!) but I like the fact that i would have to adjust my style. Thus now where i do a kit switch i know how exactly I like to play with them.

I completely understand the wish to not want to have to use a gun one doesnt like though, but i dont know; for me it changed my mind on a lot of weapons, especially the SVU. That thing with an ACOG is just mean, quick double/triple tap and you have an easy kill from almost all ranges... the Typer 88 on the other hand :/
The Neostead 2000, lol, i'm sorry no matter how much i try, i just can't get my head around a shotgun that pumps forward, that's voodoo or something.

But i agree with you in forcing yourself to play with all guns, and i'm tempted to to that with BF3. I think with me it's more the psychological effect. Considering when it's a close much and i'm part of a very competitive team, i can't help but thinking i need to switch back to a gun i know i can use well in order to win, but like you said there may be a hidden gem i am yet to master and truly rain destruction with
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #40
Zm4rc0

Zm4rc0's Gamercard
Any weapon is good enough if u know ur map and know how to aim.
Zm4rc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #41
Harrison06

Tyrionbannister's Gamercard
With all the bickering between EA and Activision it wouldn't surprise me if they included an achievement with a nod to Call Of Duty/Infinity ward etc.
Life was good. A house on the Jersey side across the river. The smell of freshly cut lawns. The sounds of children playing. A beautiful wife and a baby girl. The American dream come true. But dreams have a nasty habit of going bad when you're not looking.

Harrison06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #42
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison06 View Post
With all the bickering between EA and Activision it wouldn't surprise me if they included an achievement with a nod to Call Of Duty/Infinity ward etc.
Good call! Some sort of little indirect reference maybe. Anybody have any fun suggestions along these lines?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #43
Convas

Convas's Gamercard
Yeah, so, we're 34 days away from launch.

WHERE DA LIST AT DICE?!

Most game's lists are out a good 2-4 months before the game. Hell, even Modern Warfare 3's list got out, and it's due a few days after Battlefield 3.

No leaks, no hints, nothing. /Anxious

Most Recent 100%:
Modern Warfare 3, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
, Fez

Last edited by Convas; 09-21-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Convas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #44
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Disappointingly no references to COD on the list

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=330982
Old 09-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #45
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
I am pretty sure the game will have some ridiculous multiplayer achievements, but I don't care, I will get them anyways. <3

Betting on those kind of stuff:
-10.000+ kills in MP
-Unlocking A LOT of stuff in MP (they said each class needs 100+ hrs to unlock everything for it, I personally don't think you have to unlock EVERYTHING for that achievement, but a lot tho.)
-Destruction 3.0????
-Maybe some vehicle Achievements like in Vietnam.. dont think it gonna be something stupid like a Helicopter Roadkill again.

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:27 AM   #46
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by head0r Inc View Post
-Destruction 3.0????
NO, NO, NO, NO and NO!. Burn that idea in the firey depths of hell. I despised Destruction 2.0 achievement; it was cool in theory, but considering how easy it is to get out of a collapsing building, it came down to simple luck/hope that the person inside was a moron and could hear-
1- The foundations of the building collapsing
2- The character shouting "This place is coming down, we gotta get the fuck outta here!"

I got it eventually after 80hrs of (amazing) playtime, but every time i went to try and get the achievement i would nearly cry in frustration as people would simply jump out of the building :/

Mother Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #47
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Now I've seen some leaked lines I'm happy to see no D.3, and even happier to see rank 45

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #48
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
and even happier to see rank 45
I'm glad so many people are responding positively to the news about this achievement. I thought for sure the majority of the people on this forum would bitch about that.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #49
General Boredom

general boredom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
http://imgur.com/a/LCHD1#hPzZp

Leaked achievements; I only counted 34 including the secret ones, so this probably isn't the entire list. Majority are campaign related. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Roadkill (20G) - Kick the car to kill the soldiers in Uprising

M.I.A. (20G) - Obtain your first enemy Dog Tag

Most Valuable Player (30G) - Finish as MVP in a ranked match

1st Loser (30G) - Finish as 2nd MVP in a ranked match

It's better than nothing! (30G) - Finish as 3rd MVP in a ranked match

Scrap Metal (25G) - Destroy 6 enemy tanks before reaching the fort in Thunder Run

This is the end (20G) - Secret

Not on my watch (25G) - Protect Chaffin from the soldiers in the street in Operation Swordbreaker

Involuntary Euthanasia (25G) - Kill the 2 soldiers before the building falls on them in Uprising

Army of Darkness (30G) - Shoot out the 4 lights with 4 bullets in Night Shift

Practice makes perfect (15G) - Headshot each of the targets in the gun range in Kaffarov

Where the hell *are* you? (20G) - Take a russian Dog Tag in the forest ambush in Rock And A Hard Place

You can be my wingman anytime (30G) - Complete Going Hunting in a perfect run

Float like a butterfly... (25G) - Take down the jet in one attempt in Rock And A Hard Place

Twofor (15G) - Take down 2 enemies with 1 bullet in Night Shift

Ooh-rah! (30G) - Complete the campaign story

Between a rock and a hard place (15G) - Beat Soloman, flawlessly, in The Great Destroyer

Semper Fedelis (50G) - Complete the campaign story on Hard

Push On (20G) - Reach the garage without going into man-down state in Hit and Run

Two-rah! (30G) - Complete all co-op missions

Lock 'n' Load (30G) - Unlock all unique co-op weapons

Car Lover (20G) - Complete the mission without losing a humvee in Opertation Exodus

In the nick of time (20G) - Disarm the bomb in under 20 seconds in The Eleventh Hour

Bullseye (20G) - Reach and save the hostages without alerting any enemies in Drop 'em Like Liquid

Untouchable (20G) - Complete the mission without using the fire extinguisher in Fire From The Sky

Army of Two (50G) - Complete all co-op missions on Hard

Ninjas (20G) - Reach the VIP without setting off the alarm in Exfiltration

Vehicle Warfare (30G) - Obtain all 3 vehicle warfare ribbons

Infantry Efficiency (30G) - Obtain all 4 weapon efficiency ribbons

Decorated (50G) - Obtain one of each ribbon in the game

Support Efficiency (30G) - Obtain all 4 support effeciency ribbons

Colonel (50G) - Achieve rank 45

Secret (10G)

Secret (15G)
General Boredom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #50
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Boredom View Post
Sorry if this has already been posted.
It has, in it's own thread. This is the achievement discussion thread though, so it never hurts to have it here too.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #51
NeuroticAlias

NeuroticAlias's Gamercard
They don't really mean nothing until the game is played,but some interesting achevo's there!

Sorry,no random friend requests please.Please include a message etc. Ta.
NeuroticAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #52
Off The WaLL

Xx NicH xX's Gamercard
i dont really want to see a reach level 50(max rank) achievement because most of the people will find a way to boost it up.

then the leaderboards gets full of cheaters & shit.

so yeah if you are like:

Who cares about the leaderboards?

Yeah well, I am the kind of person who actually cares about the leadersboards & competitive stuff so deal with it bro.
#1 on MEXICO #16 Worldwide
#1 Worldwide 1500G skate 3
100% Retail 44/47 - 100% Arcade 16/17
Working on: STATE OF DECAY LIFELINE 0.00% COMPLETED
Off The WaLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #53
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
I'm glad so many people are responding positively to the news about this achievement. I thought for sure the majority of the people on this forum would bitch about that.

If the game is good, there is nothing wrong with playing it a long time over a long period..that's where high ranks come in..and getting achievements just for playing what you enjoy? even better!

Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #54
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
If the game is good, there is nothing wrong with playing it a long time over a long period..that's where high ranks come in..and getting achievements just for playing what you enjoy? even better!
Oh, I totally agree. It just seems that the norm on this forum is people whining that multiplayer achievements like that one take too much time. But, these are the people who only play for achievements and don't take the time to actually enjoy a game.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #55
Kai Freefall

Kai Freefall's Gamercard
http://bf3nation.com/2011/09/battlef...ements-leaked/

Didn't want to just start up a new thread, so, i thought i would bring the link here, they look pretty legit, but, until 360achievements put up a list im still a little skeptical.

enjoy

EDIT: Nuts, just had a chance to have a look over the thread, got beaten to the punch it seems

OT: From what i have seen so far, its got your usual batch of SP achievements with a few special conditions thrown in, which are always fun for replay value.
Coop's are a good idea me thinks

If you send me a FR, please say where you got my tag and what games you want to boost, I don't add people randomly

Last edited by Kai Freefall; 09-28-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Kai Freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #56
Anthonymrb
Banned User

Anthonymrb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Freefall View Post
http://bf3nation.com/2011/09/battlef...ements-leaked/

Didn't want to just start up a new thread, so, i thought i would bring the link here, they look pretty legit, but, until 360achievements put up a list im still a little skeptical.

enjoy

EDIT: Nuts, just had a chance to have a look over the thread, got beaten to the punch it seems

OT: From what i have seen so far, its got your usual batch of SP achievements with a few special conditions thrown in, which are always fun for replay value.
Coop's are a good idea me thinks
I was just about to tell you a thread was already made. The achievements don't seem too bad. Pretty basic.
Anthonymrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #57
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

Official list is up - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

List looks easy enough with not too many multiplayer achievements (secrets could be though)

A rank 45 achievement in there, will be interesting to see how long that will take after they tweak the XP gains.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #58
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

I guess now the list is official! All ribbons and rank 45 is gonna be sick!

Old 10-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #59
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

I'm really glad it's ribbons and not medals

Old 10-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #60
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
Funny to see where they get their inspiration for the cheevs...
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote