PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Full House Poker
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Mounting Jew

Easy way to win All-Pro Tournament?

Anyone got a plan, I get so far then ruin it everytime due to them all having loads more chips and me being bored.
Mounting Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
M 0 R T I K I A
Banned User

M 0 R T I K I A's Gamercard
I got as far as having me and 2 other people left just by doing this;

-Bet on every hand
-if they raise, then you raise right back (doing minimum)
-they normally fold on the final bet, but may go all in... if this happens just hope for the best.
M 0 R T I K I A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
pX I Atticus

dI Atticus Ib's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounting Jew View Post
Anyone got a plan, I get so far then ruin it everytime due to them all having loads more chips and me being bored.
always see the flop if u miss fold thats what im doing and ive got 717,000 vs Johnny Spade we are the last 2 left

pX I Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
pX I Atticus

dI Atticus Ib's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah just won get in!!!!!!

pX I Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Always let the Flop show up, if you have at least ONE pair someone will take a nibble and fight back regardless of their hand for some reason. Just hope you win, if you don't and you don't have the Max. Cash Advance just play Daisy/Spade and rack up chips to go at it again.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
AmericanGrizzly

Grizzly Bear's Gamercard
I just assumed it would be easier to let some of the players take each other out.
AmericanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
Bistric

bistric's Gamercard
I won the tournament by starting with folding every single hand in which I didn't have a high pair, only checking my big blinds hand.
Waited until 3 or 4 players took each other out, then started to plan my battles and aimed at defeating the players with the two highest chip counts. I called into the flop only if I had a face card, low pair, or two of the same suit. If the flop turned crappy, and others bid, I'd fold. If the flop was promising, I'd stick with calling, and if the AI didn't make any rediculous bets, I'd go all-in at the river. If they started raising like crazy, I'd just follow if I was 100% sure I'd win.
Once there were 4 players left, I already had half the money on the table, and it was easy just planning to wait out the hands, and bullying them with all-ins when they were making small bets. It took me about an hour and a half this way, but I won the tournament my first try.

Bistric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
Mounting Jew

I finally won it on WP7 to finish the 200GS, What I did was try to get ahead by raising very hand and when they fold you get the cash then when I had a good hand I went all in and took out one player so I had double the next player and always raised like 40,000 and hoped for the best. At one point vs the last player I was down to 100000 chips but still maanged to win.

Now for the XBLA version lol.
Mounting Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounting Jew View Post
I finally won it on WP7 to finish the 200GS, What I did was try to get ahead by raising very hand and when they fold you get the cash then when I had a good hand I went all in and took out one player so I had double the next player and always raised like 40,000 and hoped for the best. At one point vs the last player I was down to 100000 chips but still maanged to win.

Now for the XBLA version lol.
My experience is it is a lot easier getting the WP7 AI to fold. I'm really getting annoyed trying to beat this pro tournament on XBLA. I've tried it about 4 times now. This last game went over an hour for sure and I only came in 4th or 5th place.

Thankfully I've reached level 41 and can get the cash advance to go right into the tournament.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
I've played 2 more games in the last 2+ hours. This pro tournament sucks!!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #11
Hurball

Hurball's Gamercard
Won this first time, using the strategies that have been posted by various people.

Basic plan here: don't ever raise until the final card.

The computer either fold instantly, or stay in. If they stay in, they'll keep raising each time a new card is drawn, seemingly regardless of what they've got in their hand. So you won't ever be able to bluff them.

So if you get a good hand (AA, KK, etc, maybe even AK, AQ same suit), keep calling their raises, and then on the final card re-raise them a couple of times, and they'll go all in 99% of the time.

Obviously if there's a good chance you won't win, just fold. But if you've got 3 of a kind, straight, flush, 2 pair, chances are you've already won. Just use the same trick to get them to go all in, and take them down.

Did this one by one throughout the game. Folded anything remotely poor without even betting, then as soon as I got anything good, managed to take an AI out.

Took about 30 minutes. Playing good poker won't get you this. Instead, only ever bet on great hands, and even then, only call their raises until the final card is dealt. Then coax them into going all in, and win.

Last edited by Hurball; 03-21-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Hurball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #12
nugletman

nUgLeTmAn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurball View Post
Playing good poker won't get you this. Instead, only ever bet on great hands, and even then, only call their raises until the final card is dealt. Then coax them into going all in, and win.
yes, words i understand. thank you kind person.
nugletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
watchmefly420

watchmefly420's Gamercard
ive found you will never get lucky on a all in before the computer, when i finally got down to one person( the hippie) when i hit two pair on the river pushed all in and he had made a straight with my card for two pair,next hand i get A5 pushed all in before the flop, he calls and flops a king high straight, next hand pissed off i get the same hand and do the same thing he cant call it again WRONG, bam get two pair and he rivers a straight again, after having a commanding lead, completely turned around in three hands. i ended up slowing my self down and bring it back for the win, this one table took me 3 HOURS! All i can say to help is see the flop if you hit and they don't raise to crazy call, if they don't raise more than twice the blind raise them five times the blind if they call they probably have you, if they don't they'll fold.
watchmefly420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
I finally did it!! I just practiced extreme patience. The game probably took me 2 hours to complete. If you beat the pro tourney quickly, you are very lucky.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #15
BehindTimes

Behind Times's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
I finally did it!! I just practiced extreme patience. The game probably took me 2 hours to complete. If you beat the pro tourney quickly, you are very lucky.
I would say that beating the AI in about 30 mins is very doable. I think that trying to let the AI take itself out is what's causing a lot of time to elapse. Fortunately, it's not too hard to bully them into making all in bets to have them eliminate themselves.
BehindTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #16
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindTimes View Post
I would say that beating the AI in about 30 mins is very doable. I think that trying to let the AI take itself out is what's causing a lot of time to elapse. Fortunately, it's not too hard to bully them into making all in bets to have them eliminate themselves.
Problem is whenever I tried to bully them out, even when I had a good hand, they ended up winning with a better hand.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #17
watchmefly420

watchmefly420's Gamercard
Quote:
Problem is whenever I tried to bully them out, even when I had a good hand, they ended up winning with a better hand.
yes like three straights in a row! Two of which were on the river, and the other on the flop!
watchmefly420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #18
BehindTimes

Behind Times's Gamercard
Quote:
With the AI, bully means bare minimum bet. Pay attention to how much they bet to know what they have. Shoves are suicide.
BehindTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #19
JLDUNC

JLDUNC's Gamercard
This is a joke...at the end of the tournament, I lost three straight hands where I had Full House, 3 of a kind, 3 of a kind in that order. The computer beat me on 4 of a kind (8's), 3 of a kind (8's), and 3 of a kind (8's again). Really?! That many 8's in three straight hands...someone forgot to shuffle!! The statistical possibilities of that are mind blowing!!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:11 AM   #20
JLDUNC

JLDUNC's Gamercard
OK...so I just won the tourney...and the only thing I can say is have patience--which is something I don't have a lot of. I got over the whole 8's issue I had earlier and basically just buckled down and got it done.

I called to see every pot, unless someone raised before the flop above the amount of the Big Blind. If only one person bet after the flop and their bet was under twice the amount big blind, I would raise two amounts (Hit Y and then RB once). 95% of the time they would fold--the other 5% of the time, they would raise...and lets just say it would not be a good idea to call them out and see what they had.

Other than that, I picked my spots and was very, very, very patient. I only won a total of 18-20 hands for the entire tournament....out of 70 or so I think. The AI folks will pretty much tell you when they have a good hand by how much they bet and how much they raise their bets. If you call a raiser and they immediately re-raise you, go ahead and fold and save your money. Don't get fooled into thinking that you could take them down because you "think" you have a better hand (see my post above)--only try to take them down when you know that you have a better hand...again, their betting will tell you everything you need to know.

But, above all...be patient...I can't tell you how many times I folded (which was the smart play) and then saw that I could have won the hand after watching everything unfold. Oh well, that's life...just don't get too excited about that and pick your spots!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #21
SteveDaPanda

steve da panda's Gamercard
Smile

I agree with that guy above me this is just allot of patience it took me 3 times. but what i came up with is just do something on your computer and every time it vibrates press B then X to fold and then fast forward. do that and just check it every once and a while to see how many people are out and when you check if you have a good hand play it so you don't get left behind in the game. hope this helps any one else who finds this thread like i did
SteveDaPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #22
Space Cowboy X

Space Cowboy X's Gamercard
Unhappy Not finding this easy

Still cannot get this one. The AI always gets incredibly lucky on the river.
Space Cowboy X is offline   Reply With Quote