PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Shaun White Skateboarding
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
GaryYEAH

Absolutely pathetic controls!

Am I missing something here or are the controls completely shit? They're absolutely abysmal!

Am I honestly doing something so wrong that I can't control the skater properly?

xx
GaryYEAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryYEAH View Post
Am I missing something here or are the controls completely shit? They're absolutely abysmal!

Am I honestly doing something so wrong that I can't control the skater properly?

xx
Ummm...the controls aren't great, but within an hour or so of playing you should more than be able to get used to them. Once you get used to them you will find this is quite possibly the easiest skating game to land tricks on. As long as people are pushing the limits too much, it is nearly impossible to fall.

Are you playing this game for enjoyment, or for gamerscore. If for gamerscore, just keep doing the same tricks over and over again. In the achievement guide I described a couple tricks which are good for points and very easy to land. I just kept doing the same tricks over and over again. If you are playing this game for fun only, then maybe it can be a bit difficult to land all the different types of tricks. Other than that spinning, jumping, landing, and grinding are rediculously easy in this game. Also, make sure to turn on the balance meter.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I can probably help you.

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
GaryYEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
Ummm...the controls aren't great, but within an hour or so of playing you should more than be able to get used to them. Once you get used to them you will find this is quite possibly the easiest skating game to land tricks on. As long as people are pushing the limits too much, it is nearly impossible to fall.

Are you playing this game for enjoyment, or for gamerscore. If for gamerscore, just keep doing the same tricks over and over again. In the achievement guide I described a couple tricks which are good for points and very easy to land. I just kept doing the same tricks over and over again. If you are playing this game for fun only, then maybe it can be a bit difficult to land all the different types of tricks. Other than that spinning, jumping, landing, and grinding are rediculously easy in this game. Also, make sure to turn on the balance meter.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I can probably help you.
Many thanks for the reply, my friend, but I have sent the game back to the rental company. I would have killed someone with a block of cheese otherwise .
GaryYEAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:26 AM   #4
CobaltZ Minsk

yes, agreed.
CobaltZ Minsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
i have the same problem. the controls are absolutley shit. im playing for gamerscore, but cant take it. i hate not having 1000/1000's on my list, but when its a game thats this bad, i seriously just cant play it. best controls where the old american wasteland or project 8 controls. fuck that analog stick bull crap
300,000 Goal: Sep 2014

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 168
Xbox One 1000/1000: 7
Put gaming away for nearly 8 months in 2012, but I'm back in it again.

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote