PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #271
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Smile Metal sonic unlocked!!!

2/28/12 - Finally finished the last 3 A ranks and finished Sonic Adventure's 200 Gamerscore

2/28/12 - Deleted old 1.5 file and downloaded both the full version and the Dx DLC

2/28/12 - Upon loading up the the game and clicking "Trial" the Metal Sonic cheeve popped up!

I'm nearly certain I don't need to worry about the last two dx acheivements since it appears the only cheeve some people are having problems with is the Metal Sonic cheeve.

I guess I'm in the clear, because there is no way on earth I would do those trials again.

Either way, I'm extremely happy now! :=
Delow317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #272
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted poke View Post
I keep returning hoping to see that this issue has been resolved for those of us who own the Dreamcast collection. I'm beginning to think it will not be happening.
I know how you feel , i gave up on the Dreamcast version and just downloaded it from the marketplace , i couldn't be bothered to wait another year just for SEGA to make a patch for it.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #273
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
So there's a 21st anniversary sale for SA/ DX right now, and so I bought it, but now I'm running into this glitch, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to download the 1.5gb version, and I just keep getting the 1.6gb one.
chaoschao222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #274
vaux8

vaux8's Gamercard
sonic adventure director's cut dlc

hi, same problem here, cleared cache, downloaded both twice, even on another harddisk, but no luck,
thanks to searchmaster for the update,
I guess we'll all have to wait to get a solution
vaux8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #275
Fried Cola

add me to the fresh batch of people with none of the DLC achievements unlocking. So far I've only tried getting Metal Sonic. I'm not wasting my time farting around with the other 2 if that one won't unlock. I -KNEW- these had a tendancy to glitch so I kept a save right before the last emblem I needed to collect.

started playing the game with the DC collection disc. I don't get how the achievements won't come up, the DX dlc works fine with it!

since then: bought Sonic Adventure on XBLA (thanks DotW). Went to the trial mission select

nothing

replaced the save with an earlier one. Recollected the 130th emblem. Went to trial mission select.

nothing

cleared my system cache. Went to trial mission select

nothing

recovered my gamer card. trial select

nothing.

tried some of the seemingly made up solutions here. Downloading the DLC from the title selection. Selecting Super Sonic, selecting his ending, skipping it. Went to trial mission select

nothing

(EDIT: deleted the DLC, loaded up an old save, collected the last emblem, redownloaded the DLC. Trial select.

nothing! Based on the game's size in my system memory, I'm thinking some ass put the broken old version back up on XBLA. I've deleted and redownloaded the game 3 times, its 1.6 gb every time)

WTF! I really DON'T want to play this steaming pile of poo start to finish all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarris View Post
SEGA LISTENED TO US , which is more then could be said about other companies.
I kno you've overjoyed you got the achievement, but no they didn't listen to you. This shit is still bugged. They never released a proper patch for the game/DLC/whatever, Sega still sucks, they've sucked ever since they went bankrupt because of the DC and were bought out by Sammy who turned Sonic into every furry's wet dream and he started making out with human chicks.

and yeah, the download for the game off of xbl is screwy. It will download at 1.5 gb like the solution(? I'm still not sure if that is what this thread claims is the 'fix') says but checking it in the memory, it says its 1.6 gb.

no random friend requests accepted.

Last edited by Fried Cola; 06-25-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #276
LoneCynic

LoneCynic's Gamercard
I read through this thread and caught up on all the happenings around Christmas where people actually got the achievements to unlock. I was thrilled and decided to see if mine would finally pop. This 21st Anniversary sale version doesn't get it done. It is 1.6gb and I waited forever for it to download again. Really irritating that I seemed to miss the window of opportunity for this to get fixed. I somehow got the mission master one way back when, but neither of the Metal Sonic ones have ever unlocked for me. Guess I'll just have to wait until this sale is over and see if the 1.5gb version appears ever again to give this another try..
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #277
Fried Cola

only thing you can really do is go here
https://segaofamerica.zendesk.com/an...s_requests/new
and file a complaint with them and hope enough people get on their case that they finally get off their keisters and fix it again.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #278
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
Quote:
Evan, Jun 28 11:57 (PDT):
Hi,
I would first suggest going into the 360's dashboard, pressing home and going into the system settings on the right. Then select 'memory' and delete any updates related to the game. If that doesn't resolve the problem and there is nothing in your system's hard drive relating to the game, then the issue may be with the system update. In that case, you may need to contact Microsoft's support team.
Best Regards,
SEGA Customer Support
Well that solved nothing...
Old 06-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #279
R3vengeance

R3vengeance's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoschao222 View Post
Quote:
Hi,
I would first suggest going into the 360's dashboard, pressing home and going into the system settings on the right. Then select 'memory' and delete any updates related to the game. If that doesn't resolve the problem and there is nothing in your system's hard drive relating to the game, then the issue may be with the system update. In that case, you may need to contact Microsoft's support team.
Best Regards,
SEGA Customer Support
Well that solved nothing...
I'll be damned. I got the same response, from the same dude.

Pretty cool that Sega can't confront MS about something they worked out prior. I have a feeling that if I take this advice and try to get Microsoft to solve it, they'll just direct me back to Sega, at which point I'll be a messenger bearing news that each believes it to be the others problem.
R3vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #280
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
I cannot believe this problem has come up again . We solved this problem in December and they fixed it . How the hell can they go and mess it up like this? unbelievable. They know what the problem is , it's quite frigging obvious because of the amount of complaints they got last time.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #281
Fried Cola

Quote:
Hi,
Best Regards,
SEGA Customer Support
got the exact same e-mail from the exact same guy at the exact same time lol-I MEAN

Not only did I write to say I did this several times, I even wasted my time trying to explaining the buggy vs. fixed difference in file size and the borked version is the only one you can download.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #282
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   Subscriber - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Alright guys I submitted another ticket (#19238) to Sega support explaining what the problem is at length. If you care to read it, it's in the spoiler.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Hopefully they will actually fix it this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #283
Tyba11s

Tyba11s's Gamercard
Veedrock has contributed more time and effort to fixing this problem than Sega and Microsoft have. I hope you get a relevant response this time.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #284
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   Subscriber - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
If I was in this situation I would be infinitely frustrated that the achievements were broken, so I have no problem trying to help get this fixed.

I did get a reply last week, I just don't check that particular email account very often. Seeing as the response is from "Segavision" instead of a named representative like previous tickets, this may have been escalated above an entry-level support representative. I know customer support can't actually fix this problem themselves, so hearing that the info was passed along is good news. As long as they actually did get this to the developers, then hopefully it will be fixed for good (and with luck, so with the Dreamcast version).

Quote:
Segavision, Jul 02 17:27 (PDT):
Hi,

Thanks for the details and the information that was sent along from the forum post. I will be sure to pass this along and make sure that this gets to the right people in order for us to make sure we can get this issue solved as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Sega Support

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

Last edited by Veedrock; 07-09-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #285
Urox

In Europe, the same problem. I contact with sega-europe support and nothing because the sonic adventure version in marketplace is 1.6 yet...I don´t understand , Is so difficult for Sega change the versions in the marketplace ???
Urox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #286
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urox View Post
In Europe, the same problem. I contact with sega-europe support and nothing because the sonic adventure version in marketplace is 1.6 yet...I don´t understand , Is so difficult for Sega change the versions in the marketplace ???
It's lazy from them and i take back my praise that i gave them back in December.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #287
Urox

I wait the answer for part of Sega Europe yet because the broken version is still in the marketplace of Spain !!! This is intorelable, Sega not is proffesional with his users. In america the problem is ok ?
Old 07-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #288
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
nope. still a lot of nothing.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #289
Urox

This situation is terrible. Never I lived nothing as this. I really enjoy unloking alls achievements of my games...but with this game I live a hell because is incomplete until Sega decides solve it. All my games of Sonic are complete 100% achievements except sonic adventure, of course. I love this saga, is sad when I see Sega makes this to Sonic.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #290
Davidian09

Davidian09's Gamercard
1,5GB Version

I've all the Sonic Adventure achievements completed besides the Metal Sonic Achievement. Unfortunately I have the 1,6GB version and the only version I can find in the marketplace with 1,49GB is the Demo.
I have two saves one with 130 Emblems and another with 129. The first I completed before purchasing the DLC and I've created the second one with a backup after I got 129 emblems, just to try to unlock the Metal Sonic Achievement with all the solutions posted here. Non worked and I assumed the only way I can get this is with the 1,5GB version of the game.
Will they replace the 1,6 version by the 1,5? I seriously hope so, I really want to have this game complete.
Davidian09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #291
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian09 View Post
Will they replace the 1,6 version by the 1,5? I seriously hope so, I really want to have this game complete.
At the very least it should switch when it goes on sale again, so just make a mental note to check on it again when that happens. Can't say for sure when that will be, though it's probably safe to assume there will be one around SA2's release or at the very least during the Holiday sales.

If it gets fixed before that, you'll definitely read about it here.

Quote:

Old 07-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #292
Davidian09

Davidian09's Gamercard
Then I'll keep checking here for news and the marketplace for any sales. Thanks

Last edited by Davidian09; 08-09-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Davidian09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #293
Hyuzeni Pattasan

HUKU177's Gamercard
I completed "Sonic Adventure" achievement, except for the dlc. I did collect all 130 emblems, but it didn't unlock "Metal Sonic" achievement. I did download both Full and Dlc game on 21st anniversary sale. We not stupid, it does say collect all 130 emblems to unlock Metal Sonic on Sonic Adventure DX. Then, I heard a rumor that the 1.6gb version broke the dlc achievement. Ever since I first purchase this, it says 1.5gb. When I went to Sonic Adventure file game on my xbox 360 memory system, it says 1.6gb. Redownloaded, cleared my system cache, and still no luck to unlock dlc achievement. I had no problem playing this because it too easy and I lasted play this in 5 years ago on Nintendo GameCube verison. This problem similar on Blazblue: Continuum Shift for DLC: Additional Playable Character ''Valkenhayn R Hellsing'' Well, we just have to wait until the Sega Company to fix this problem.
Hyuzeni Pattasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #294
chaoschao222

chaoschao222's Gamercard
The difference between this and BBCS was that once that got fixed, it stayed fixed, SADX was fixed and then they went and broke it again...
Old 08-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #295
Urox

I revised my hotmail yesterday. Nothing. Sega Europe is one zero to the left. More People must write to sega america for explain this problem...
Old 08-09-2012, 04:05 AM   #296
Fried Cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyuzeni Pattasan View Post
I completed "Sonic Adventure" achievement, except for the dlc. I did collect all 130 emblems, but it didn't unlock "Metal Sonic" achievement.

The Metal Sonic achievement doesn't unlock at the same time as the 130 emblems, you have to go to the character select in the trials for it to pop. If you did that, and you didn't get the achievement then welcome to the club!

I'm relieved to hear other people are having the same problems with the DLC, it may get fixed eventually if more people begin to vocalize that the DX achievements are buggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
At the very least it should switch when it goes on sale again, so just make a mental note to check on it again when that happens. Can't say for sure when that will be, though it's probably safe to assume there will be one around SA2's release or at the very least during the Holiday sales.

If it gets fixed before that, you'll definitely read about it here.
I really hope so, but I'm extremely skeptical. Sega's support wasn't helpful, it seems they don't care or don't want to deal with how retarded XBL policies are.

I tried re-dling the game last week and they still haven't put the fixed one up.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #297
Mysticalwarlock

Mysticalwarlock's Gamercard
I registered a complaint with Sega on their website, Like a week ago and I just got the response. From what I read they believe it's already fixed. Now I haven't tried to get the Metal Sonic Achievement since I've gotten their response. Which I'm going to do right after re-downloading the game.

The exact quote was: "Our staff has indicated that they believe this issue is resolved."

I doubt it, but here's hoping

If anyone is successful, please reply.
Mysticalwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #298
Davidian09

Davidian09's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticalwarlock View Post
If anyone is successful, please reply.
I re-downloaded the game but it still was the 1,6GB version. Still, I tried to get the achievement by going to the Trial menu with my both saves and nothing

I don't know what they did, but the problem I guarantee that it's not fixed. Do something SEGA!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #299
TomJeh

TomJeh's Gamercard
Just enquired about a fix again for this, hopefully with enough e-mails they will eventually help us out ^^
TomJeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #300
Davidian09

Davidian09's Gamercard
SEGA Ticket

I just sent a ticket to Sega now too. The more, the best so I hope it will make a difference. I'll wait for the answer and then I'll say something here.