PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > You Don't Know Jack
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-23-2011, 04:52 AM   #1
snowboarder

Turncoat and other time related achievements

I've wanted to know for a long time but can never get a straight answer from anyone and hopefully i can now. My question is when doing these timed achievements like turncoat (play on july 4th) and doing the clock method (when u change your clock time and date to july 4th offline for the achievement) will microsoft ban/punish in anyway for doing this method in any games that have these types of achievements.
snowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
artphobia

CthulhuCalamari's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
No. And why would they?
Old 03-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
Dany1981Mtl

Dancsi27's Gamercard
as long as you earn the achievement legit (with the game and not by modding your gamertag, the gamerscore and the achievements with a PC software), you are fine, MS can't ban you for that. If you want to wait for the achievement and unlock it online that's fine, 10G is not that bad anyway.

Check the game Crystal Quest, it is very hard since the patch/update (reach 25,000,000 points and 250,000,000 ). With the update removed and by playing it offline, the score limit is reduced to 1M and 3M I think.

But no, MS will not ban for that. The only difference is that there is no date stamp under the achievement, like when it was unlocked.

100% Completed games (including DLCs)

100% Win8 games: 8
100% WP7/8 games: 31
100% retail games: 46
100% XBLA games: 49
Dany1981Mtl is offline   Reply With Quote