Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shmup > Death Smiles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
nukes

Gota b fresh's Gamercard
Has anyone 1000/1000 this game?

I have 905 achievement points in this game and im real proud of it. I dont know if they update the leaderboard, but the top score was less then 700, and i was wondering if anyone out there had a higher score then mine? (im not bragging, i just know how hard this game is and as mad as it makes me i love it) Did anyone, anywhere in the world that visits this site get the bloody jitterbug yet? I know ill never get it....
nukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nope, I too have the same 905, and may not get the last 3 (possibly ever, since its hard for me too.), although, I'm in 1st on MBL 1.1 (Ex On/Off) in the NA version, so yes, they update the leaderboards, but I know who does have 1000 (and 1500 in the JP ver. too), But I can't say for certain if he/she got them legit.

Sig by Setsuna

The Stray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I think Sampson has 1000 in Death Smiles, but don't hold me to that. My memory isn't as total as it used to be.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
LilAnalAnnie

yes sir I know of 3 people that have 1000 on this game. They are all active in trueachievements. You can view their profiles here:

http://www.trueachievements.com/A+3+LEGG3D+HOBO.htm
http://www.trueachievements.com/Tidas26.htm
http://www.trueachievements.com/IamTHEgodOFhell.htm
LilAnalAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
...and all 3 have glitched it.

Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #6
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
You can tell, can't you Helgor, but at least you're legit, getting "The True Tyrant" is the more or less the least of your worries though (and ours as well).

Sig by Setsuna

Old 04-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
LilAnalAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helg0r View Post
...and all 3 have glitched it.
How do you know they glitched?
Old 04-23-2011, 07:06 AM   #8
demphra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnalAnnie View Post
How do you know they glitched?
i want to find this out also and what evidence proves it. im convince hobo got bloody jitterbug to appear properly as he didn't die with sakura on his run here

demphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #9
Farrmark

Farrmark's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I really need to go back to this game and mop up some of the simpler achievements....

Some of them are insane though!!

About to Start - Duke Nukem!!

Struggling Through - Dark Souls, but I think it's bloody awesome!!
Farrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #10
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by demphra View Post
i want to find this out also and what evidence proves it. im convince hobo got bloody jitterbug to appear properly as he didn't die with sakura on his run here
Ok to set things straight: That run is done on MBL 1.1 with all stages at level 1. In MBL 1.1 you get Bloody Jitterbug to appear regardless of level as long as you 1cc the game, however it will not unlock the achievement! Period. To unlock the achievement you have to do it in MBL with all stages at level 999, 1cc stage 1-6 and then don't die during Ice Palace, Gorge and Hades Castle up to Tyrannosatan.

And if you watch that video and see how miserably he fails even at that low level you will understand that he doesn't have the capabilities of unlocking the True Tyrant. He just made that sorry excuse of a video to fool people into believing that he actually did it when he did not.

Another thing: Everyone on TA who has this achievement has unlocked it offline and can't provide a proper video. Surprise, surprise.

e
Old 04-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #11
GrimReaperX4

GrimReaperX4's Gamercard
A 3 LEGG3D HOBO is a well known cheater. This is not his first account and he's had others that have had their gamerscore reset due to cheating.

He has 200/200 in Robotron as well. That one he cheated too. Now, can I prove he didn't do it legit? Yes, as it turns out I actually can.

For those who are interested, here's the proof:

His Wave 100 achievement is unlocked online and he doesn't have a score recorded on the leaderboard.
In Robotron your score will be uploaded to the leaderboard even if you disconnect from the game before you get a game over. Therefore he didn't do it the way it's supposed to be done.
The only other option is that he lagged up a game in Versus or Co-op. Now, this is something you can't do with only the game. You have to use external equipment to lag it up.
He could also have glitched it with a time stamp.

For Deathsmiles, yeah what Helgor wrote is true.

Last edited by GrimReaperX4; 04-23-2011 at 10:32 AM.
GrimReaperX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #12
Johnny Jerkweed

Johnny Jerkweed's Gamercard
What Helgor said. The video that was posted is MBL 1.1 and making Bloody Jitterbug appear by playing rank 1 in that mode is easy for anyone to do. If that was the requirement (which is isn't since the achievement description clearly says MBL and not MBL 1.1) everyone would have it by now. Try it yourself, it's not that difficult to test.

Last edited by Johnny Jerkweed; 04-23-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Johnny Jerkweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #13
demphra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helg0r View Post
Ok to set things straight: That run is done on MBL 1.1 with all stages at level 1. In MBL 1.1 you get Bloody Jitterbug to appear regardless of level as long as you 1cc the game, however it will not unlock the achievement! Period. To unlock the achievement you have to do it in MBL with all stages at level 999, 1cc stage 1-6 and then don't die during Ice Palace, Gorge and Hades Castle up to Tyrannosatan.

And if you watch that video and see how miserably he fails even at that low level you will understand that he doesn't have the capabilities of unlocking the True Tyrant. He just made that sorry excuse of a video to fool people into believing that he actually did it when he did not.

Another thing: Everyone on TA who has this achievement has unlocked it offline and can't provide a proper video. Surprise, surprise.
oh man i thought it looked official oh well poor baby
Old 04-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #14
deexor

deexor's Gamercard
SinMoon's MBL Lv999 ALL replay with Bloody Jitterbug should show you the level of play required for the True Tyrant achievement. It's quite high.

Original source: http://sinmoon.sakuraweb.com/movie.html (with nice replays for other games as well)

There are some surprising early mistakes, but the end is pretty much flawless, from what I can see. A suicide near the end of the sixth stage A-2, giving a full bomb stock. No-miss through the Ice Palace and the Gorge, using three bombs at the Gorge boss. No-miss the Castle. The fourth bomb is used with Jitterbug, power-up at 1000 during Jitterbug's EX attack, finishing him with no-miss (Bloody Jitterbug requirement). No-miss Tyrannosatan using the damage boost from the previous power-up. Finish by no-missing Bloody Jitterbug.

There are many interesting details and strategies you can pick up from the replay, for other modes and difficulties as well.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #15
LilAnalAnnie

So let me get this straight

No American has 1000'd this game yet?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

It has come to my attention that (Toxic) Helgor has legitimately 1000 DeathSmiles (PAL ver. though), and gave me a WTF message to prove it, and also messaged me that he needs a shower after all that, lol.

All done in Score Attack MBL Arcade, but I'll wait to see if he has any way to upload that gameclip.

Sig by Setsuna

Old 05-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #17
demphra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stray View Post
It has come to my attention that (Toxic) Helgor has legitimately 1000 DeathSmiles (PAL ver. though), and gave me a WTF message to prove it, and also messaged me that he needs a shower after all that, lol.

All done in Score Attack MBL Arcade, but I'll wait to see if he has any way to upload that gameclip.
holy shit! im hoping he have a video to share for all of us props to him huge props. i'll check the lbs though to see if i could download his clip.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #18
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Sorry, PAL Version, not NA, if only he has a way to record it though.

Sig by Setsuna

Old 05-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #19
oO CurrY Oo

oO CurrY Oo's Gamercard
I could record it if I can find the replay.
oO CurrY Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #20
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO CurrY Oo View Post
I could record it if I can find the replay.
Yes that would be helpful as I neither have a capture card nor a camera nor any knowledge of video editing. You'll find the replay on the MBL Arcade leaderboards, position 3 (obviously not a high scoring run ).

e
Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #21
Corwin613

Send a message via AIM to Corwin613 Send a message via MSN to Corwin613

Corwin613's Gamercard
Hmm I just started looking at this game again and I have noticed I don't even have the opening Salvo achievement unlock even tho I have others unlocked.... So I am not even close to having the 1000 needed yet.

Sounds like its quite difficult to get all 1000 even without a problem like mine

XBLA 100% - 5 - Spare Parts, A Kingdom for Keflings, Dash of Destruction, The Maw (250/250), Crystal Defender

90%+ - Penny Arcade Episode 2, At World's End,
Corwin613 is offline   Reply With Quote