PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age 2 > The Exiled Prince
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-24-2011, 06:36 AM   #1
trail blazer

IronFistNoLegs's Gamercard
I'm just going to stop buying games new.

im tired of all these buggy games. thats what they have testers for and not to mention the two to three fucking years it takes to make the game. i dont give a shit about fucking a free helmet of a fucking free dlc, I want my fucking game to work. heres an idea.... make the game first then worry about the dlc.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #2
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
You do know it is fixed now, right?
There was nothing broken about the game itself. The achievements for the dlc just wouldn't unlock for 2 weeks.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
heres an idea.... make the game first then worry about the dlc
I am pretty sure that the DLC was part of promotions and was worked on after the retail game was finished being made. Maybe you should spend less time bitching and more time checking your old saves to get these achievements in 25 mins (quicker than the Dead Space 2 DLC).
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
GoiiN Crazy

GoiiN CraZy's Gamercard
im not sure if anyone else has the problem but during the cutscenes on mine the people would twitch and it got annying but nothing to complain over i dont think and the achievement thing isnt that bad its not that hard to do them again
GoiiN Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
Firegod83

Firegod83's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKH8R View Post
You do know it is fixed now, right?
Edit: Helps if I read some of the topics before replying to one..

Firegod83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:54 AM   #6
PBALL

The Real PBALL's Gamercard
Quote:
im tired of all these buggy games. thats what they have testers for and not to mention the two to three fucking years it takes to make the game. i dont give a shit about fucking a free helmet of a fucking free dlc, I want my fucking game to work. heres an idea.... make the game first then worry about the dlc.
Do you have a specific bug you're complaining about, or is this just in response to things you've heard other people say?

Oh, fucking fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck.
PBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I guess the OP thinks repeatedly using profanities makes him sound smarter.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
tkhbecker

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoiiN Crazy View Post
im not sure if anyone else has the problem but during the cutscenes on mine the people would twitch and it got annying but nothing to complain over i dont think and the achievement thing isnt that bad its not that hard to do them again
I had the twitching to, like the frames per second was off... Im glad Im not an eptaleptic...

Pixels
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
Yaymez

Yaymez's Gamercard
Speaking from personal experience, it doesn't matter how many QA staff testers you throw at a game - there will always be a bug or two left behind when it releases. Because the internet is around nowadays it allows companies to patch games after they have shipped through online patching etc.

Games are far more complex nowadays both in creation and execution. There are also some bugs that will literally not be found until a huge amount of people have explored every avenue within it upon release. This is just the way it is currently and probably will be until the next next gen stuff comes out.

Also, in terms of commerce it is far more cost effective for any given company to release a game on schedule and patch it after it has hit the shelves, than to delay it indefinitely and lose profit/risk having it never released.

There are a few bugs in this game. Yes. I totally agree. But from what I can see only a few that severely break it for the user. Even then you have save functionality now so if you are savvy about it you can reload to an earlier point and carry on.

To the OP, you don't seem to have anything specific in terms of bugs that caused you to create this post. While there are quite a few issues with this game, there are quite a few issues with most of the games I've bought over the past couple of years. It really isn't a huge issue in the grand scheme of things.

I will say though, that complaining about a bug in a constructive fashion on the official forums belonging to any game that is bugged is a great way to bring it to the developers attention.

Bearing in mind "This is bullshit, fix this shit, i paid to play this shit" won't get you anywhere. "I'm having an issue with this bug, this is what happened when i was doing it. This is how i fixed it/currently unfixed" will get the ball rolling.

Quote:
i dont give a shit about fucking a free helmet of a fucking free dlc, I want my fucking game to work. heres an idea.... make the game first then worry about the dlc.
I think you might be confusing downloadable content with your actual point.

The free DLC, whether it is a pre-order sword, armor cluster to give you the extra edge or a fancy new skin for your character is decided on well before any testing goes on. In addition, it doesn't have anything to do with testers or any form of quality control. So it really is irrelevant to what you are trying so hard to say.

Retail 100%

Dragon Age:Origins + DLC, KoA:Reckoning, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3 + DLC, Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed II + DLC, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Lego Pirates, Dead Space, Dead Space 2 + DLC, Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom

Arcade 100%
Stacking, Beyond Good & Evil HD, Deathspank, Deathspank: T.O.V, Banjo Kazooie.

Last edited by Yaymez; 03-26-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Yaymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #10
AzraelPC

AzraelPC's Gamercard
Well said, Yaymez. 100% agree. Bitching and complaining is never constructive. Giving useful information about what/when/where/why/how in regards to the bug/issue you are having provides a more proper (and timely) solution.

Awaiting: BRINK, Gears of War 3, LA Noire
--------------
Remember friend, as you pass by.
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you soon shall be.
So, prepare for death, and follow me.

--------------
"God is eternal...this world is not. And neither are you."
AzraelPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
givemesomelager

givemesomelager's Gamercard
who makes dlc for a game before the release? why the hell does everyone just skip over that little fact. this game especially is horrible because u get recycled map after recycled map after recycled map. now all of those who cant admit this flame me now.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
ScReEmFaCe

Wookiee Hairem's Gamercard
^flames

The rehashed maps were disheartening, especially since you saw so little, if any, of that in origins.

To be fair, for those who preordered the dlc was free, I don't really mind when a game does that. Thought it was weird they even had achievements related to them, most launch dlc doesn't have anything above the original 1000 GS.

Way better than the BS Capcom threw at us with RE5.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
Rashaka1

Rashaka1's Gamercard
Just stop buying EA games new. They seem to have more problems with achievements than any other company on the planet. It drives me totally insane.

Rashaka1 is offline   Reply With Quote