PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
The Nonexistenc

Agonist Sigma's Gamercard
Difficult?

Maybe I'm just not playing right somehow, but I feel like I'm playing one of those brutal Nintendo games where you die every 2 minutes. I will illustrate using Level 3's Slime Abomination as an example.

For one thing, there's no upgrade system to boost your health, defense, revive speend, or even power of your equipment. So the damage I take just increases as I play the game. Sure, level 1 was hardly a problem, but by level 3, I'm either swarmed by too many enemies or one big enemy (The Slime abomination...) is fast enough and strong enough to take out 3/4 of my team in one run. Getting hit once is enough to take out 1/3-1/2 of my health.

The AI is atrocious. They're always grouped together, making it all too easy for one strong dude to get them all at once (The yellow abomination is especially bad since he just runs straight at them; if someone is still alive, he'd just puke on them afterwards since they'd just stay right by him and blast). Not to mention that they'll ALWAYS try to revive you, even if there's 4-5 swarmers on them. Then he'd drop, then the remaining 2 would get stuck in a loop of revive attempt, get hit, revive attempt, get hit, die, start over, repeat.

The only saving grace is that if you all die, you just respawn in the same room and start over. But that means unless you get lucky (which I don't...), you'd be playing it over and over until a miracle happens. That yellow slime Abomination would run and cream 2 of the AI, trap another in a corner due to his slime trail and I'd be left either trying to revive someone or trapped also. I can get past the swarm of red and yellow ghosts, and I'd clear out the blue ones, but one monster always gets me.
The Nonexistenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Freddy Flintoff

Sounds like you need some human help online coop is on this game
Freddy Flintoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I agree, it is hard due to the fact the AI is pretty shitty. The only problem for me is completing the final boss because of this very fact, I wont be able to get the storyteller achievement without being able to defeat the last boss in single player.

Damn you Atari... -_-

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Maximus 1482

Maximus 1482's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
I agree, it is hard due to the fact the AI is pretty shitty. The only problem for me is completing the final boss because of this very fact, I wont be able to get the storyteller achievement without being able to defeat the last boss in single player.

Damn you Atari... -_-
Just so you know, you can beat the final boss in coop then right when he is beaton have ur partner quit out. Ull still get the comic at the end. Thats what I did.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
Ace Attorney 86

Ace Attorney 86's Gamercard
Your AI partners don't contribute much offense but they are quick to revive fallen team members. Where you can really run into probelms is when they run right into danger to revive someone. This game is a lot more fun in co-op.

The weapons other than the proton beam felt underpowered and not much fun to use. I agree this game needed more power-ups and upgrades.
Ace Attorney 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
The Nonexistenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Attorney 86 View Post
Your AI partners don't contribute much offense but they are quick to revive fallen team members. Where you can really run into probelms is when they run right into danger to revive someone.
That's the main problem with the AI. Is it so hard to clear the room a little before trying to revive me/everyone else?

And if the last person is an AI, may as well kiss that room's progress goodbye.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
Magespower
I've Got The Power!

Magespower's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yeah I started up the game with 4 player co-op last night and was breezing right through it. Then two people left and that's when the trouble began. It must have taken me and the one other person at least 20 tries to pass that slime abomination in level 3. I would agree that this game is much more simple with 4 human players.

Twitter TrueAchievementstumblr.
Magespower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
crazy W01f 816

crazy W01F 816's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Angry

It's absolute bullshit how much damage enemies do. Most times you'll get hit twice, get knocked down, and your friendly "AI" will try to revive you only to be raped by the 20 or so enemies surrounding your corpse. Playing single should just be you playing cause it's already like that anyway. The funny thing is the boss battles are incredibly easy while the regular fights are a swarm of enemies surrounding you while your teammates die. It's really dampening an otherwise fine experience.

crazy W01f 816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:14 AM   #9
Treball

Gocolingo's Gamercard
This game is totally brings me back to the good old days of Nintendo and Super Nintendo where I would be so ridiculously frustrated with a game that I damn near have an aneurysm. Especially in, I think, level 10. The second round of cemetery. Holy cow. I haven't been this angry at a game since the first Driver. I was going bananas.

Is it just me, or is the blue shooty thing (whatever they call it, too mad to turn it back on to find out) pretty much useless? I'm not saying I'm the king of video games or anything, but I'm not terrible either. But I struggle with using that stupid weapon.
Treball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #10
The Nonexistenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treball View Post
Is it just me, or is the blue shooty thing (whatever they call it, too mad to turn it back on to find out) pretty much useless? I'm not saying I'm the king of video games or anything, but I'm not terrible either. But I struggle with using that stupid weapon.
Not just you. The proton stream is good for continually hitting enemies, while the Fermion Shock acts like a shotgun (close range has more damage, but spreads out at longer distances with less damage) but the wonderful thing is that it also has a stun effect on smaller enemies.

The Plasma Inductor is useless, since it's only useful against blue enemies and even then, it needs to bounce off walls just for decent damage. Maybe if it had the stun effect instead of the Fermion Shock, the weapons would be more balanced...
Old 03-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #11
nateeasy

nateeasy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Level 10 is the only level i havent beaten. Extremely hard. Beat the final boss solo but cant finish level 10
nateeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #12
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Level 10 is damn hard even with 4 person co-op. It is ridiculous.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 PM   #13
nateeasy

nateeasy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
IT ended up finishing it with 2 player coop. I had 4 originally but 4 people made it lag so bad.
nateeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:45 AM   #14
Treball

Gocolingo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nonexistenc View Post
Not just you. The proton stream is good for continually hitting enemies, while the Fermion Shock acts like a shotgun (close range has more damage, but spreads out at longer distances with less damage) but the wonderful thing is that it also has a stun effect on smaller enemies.

The Plasma Inductor is useless, since it's only useful against blue enemies and even then, it needs to bounce off walls just for decent damage. Maybe if it had the stun effect instead of the Fermion Shock, the weapons would be more balanced...
Friggen. I REALLY want to love this game as I loves me some Ghostbusters, but I really dislike the different colour business. Wouldn't be sooo bad if blue was a little bit more useful....and if I could actually determine what the difference between the blue big things and the blue shots were. Gawd dammit, I hate blue now. Everything blue. A little too tricky for my blood. I only have the last 2 levels left to do, but I'm a little hesitant, what with being so angry with it. Keep in mind, I have been doing it all on my own so far.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #15
The Nonexistenc

Wow, you got farther than I did by myself. I couldn't do it in lvl 3, so I just kept setting up matches so it would unlock levels in my save file.

Lvl 10 is definitely the stage that you need co-op in. Even with 3 players, my group was getting swarmed.

It really does feel like blue enemies are the worst of them in the later levels. Especially the Snombies. They not only run, but throw slime that slows you down, allowing you to be overrun by the other slower zombies. Not to mention the statues.

I try to aim in the opposite direction to bounce the plasma balls, but it's much harder than one would think.

At least I finally beat the game. Sadly, beating the final boss is a breeze compared to trying Lvl 10 by yourself.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #16
Treball

Gocolingo's Gamercard
Quote:
Wow, you got farther than I did by myself. I couldn't do it in lvl 3, so I just kept setting up matches so it would unlock levels in my save file.

At least I finally beat the game. Sadly, beating the final boss is a breeze compared to trying Lvl 10 by yourself.
Dude, I can only imagine. My lady friend was napping while I was playing that level and she did mention that it was the most she's ever heard me swear. Ever. There should have been an achievement for completing that level in single player for sure. The only thing that super cheeses me off now is that I only have 3 of the 4 collectibles from that level. Which means I have to do it again someday. Someday being probably never. Sooo angry....

Although I could always play with other people online...but that would require me to be somewhat social. Yuck.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #17
Greggyson

Chillin Chilean's Gamercard
Quote:
Maybe I'm just not playing right somehow, but I feel like I'm playing one of those brutal Nintendo games where you die every 2 minutes. I will illustrate using Level 3's Slime Abomination as an example.

For one thing, there's no upgrade system to boost your health, defense, revive speend, or even power of your equipment. So the damage I take just increases as I play the game. Sure, level 1 was hardly a problem, but by level 3, I'm either swarmed by too many enemies or one big enemy (The Slime abomination...) is fast enough and strong enough to take out 3/4 of my team in one run. Getting hit once is enough to take out 1/3-1/2 of my health.

The AI is atrocious. They're always grouped together, making it all too easy for one strong dude to get them all at once (The yellow abomination is especially bad since he just runs straight at them; if someone is still alive, he'd just puke on them afterwards since they'd just stay right by him and blast). Not to mention that they'll ALWAYS try to revive you, even if there's 4-5 swarmers on them. Then he'd drop, then the remaining 2 would get stuck in a loop of revive attempt, get hit, revive attempt, get hit, die, start over, repeat.

The only saving grace is that if you all die, you just respawn in the same room and start over. But that means unless you get lucky (which I don't...), you'd be playing it over and over until a miracle happens. That yellow slime Abomination would run and cream 2 of the AI, trap another in a corner due to his slime trail and I'd be left either trying to revive someone or trapped also. I can get past the swarm of red and yellow ghosts, and I'd clear out the blue ones, but one monster always gets me.

First off the AI is a joke.. Second off it does have its moments where it is a pain in the ass.. All in all no to hard..
Greggyson is offline   Reply With Quote