Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctagonQontrol View Post
I would guess the will activate the DRS just before entering the tunnel although it could also be on the pit-straight. Short run, I agree, but hopefully more do or die action on the track.
The tunnel at Monaco is not a straight, it has a pretty sharp high speed turn right in the middle of it. Putting it there would wreck every car. It will be on the pit staright for sure.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #32
pined5551

Thought people may like to see this if they haven't already.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:27 PM   #33
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Looking forward to Istanbul and the inevitable car improvements for the European tour

Gears of War 2 boosting - FR me!
Extreme Washing Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #34
pined5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Washing Machine View Post
Looking forward to Istanbul and the inevitable car improvements for the European tour
I know every team will be bringing updates, but im really hoping Lotus can improve more. I had a bet with my mate that the team would score 5 points during the first 5 races. Lotus say they have a massive update coming in Barcelona, where they expect to score points (possible pipe dream still though), Barcelona being the 5th and final race. With any luck, a lot of luck, maybe they can make a start at scoring in Turkey.

And also, maybe Mark Webber can have more than just a shell of a car for this coming race
Old 04-30-2011, 03:56 AM   #35
jacobite

Jackobite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post

And also, maybe Mark Webber can have more than just a shell of a car for this coming race

Dunno about that, the more they mess up his car the better he goes

Roll on Turkey, one of my fav tracks to drive!

I don't eat, I don't sleep, I don't wash and I don't care.

jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #36
pined5551

Ok, So TURKEY!!! I rate the race aroun 7/10! The first 10 laps were like no other race I have seen before. So much action the cameras couldn't keep up! The McLaren drivers displayed some of the best racing i've seen for a while... continuious at least, the overtakes were pretty standard but it was back and forth for longer than we (as an audience) usually see, and it remained clean!

Alonso was a surprise, as much as I hate him, Vettel needs more cars to challenge him. Koybayashi was awesome, just a shame about the flat tyre, for which the BBC did not make aware to viewers I don't think.

Schumacher, well off form. I thought what Martin Brundel said was slightly out of order. DC said he just didnt know when to give up, to which Brundle asked 'you mean in his carrer?' Obviously knowing DC just meant about a loss of a place on the track. And talking of Mercedes, what a shame for Rosberg. I had him down for a podium, and that oppening lap really got me hopefull I think the team just need more high fuel data, and an aero package to match.

Webber, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd... He's very quick at Barcelona, we all know that! Could it go all the wayt to 5, 4, 3, 2, 1?? Can't wait to find out!

As for Sebastian Vettel. Someone needs to break his legs! All he has proven to me so far is that he is a time attack champion. I want to see what happens when he is out in Q1 like Webber in China, and to see how far up the pack he can get. I think he is single handedly destroying F1. There is no way he will leave Red Bull, and unless they develop a crapish car, he will own. McLaren and Ferrari need to step up there game and provide their drivers with matching performance cars, otherwise 'The Ferrari years' will become 'The Red Bull years' and nobody wants to see one man/child dominate the rest fo the field.

As much as I hate Alonso, I would be happy to just see a 2nd place battle between Hamilton, Ferrari (if they develop the car more, FAST!), Button and Webber.. But only if it is to be the case that Vettel just does a Sunday drive each week. We need some genuine fights for the lead though! That is the principle reason I only rate Turkey 7/10, none of the action was for the lead... and the DRS was off! Too easy.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #37
RickyD31

RickyD31's Gamercard
C'mon Ferrari! the best Team in the world! __Italian Pride__
Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #38
Nanbag

Nanbag's Gamercard
so the DRS activation zone....im not a fan of it, i would prefer to see it used in the race as it is in quali, that way its not as easy to overtake as it has been in some races. It would take more skill, for example, we saw vettel opening it half way around the last bend in spain, drivers which didnt have the confidence in the car or tyres during quali did not do that and only deployed it when the car was straight.

i believe allowing the drivers to deploy it whenever they feel would make for much more interesting racing rather than having a specified "zone" to open the rear wing.

at catalunya i feel that wouldve made the difference up between hamilton and vettel and wouldve made for a much more interesting last few laps watching vettel try to defend both the KERS and DRS of hamilton all around the track rather than just in the pit straight.

what do you guys think?

keep it the same
have it like in quali
not have it at all
Nanbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #39
Jackal99

T1M1's Gamercard
^^ I assume you mean that they can have it open whenever they want but only as long as they are within 1 second of a car in front and not just everyone can use it anywhere they want, otherwise that would be too easy I think. Im happy with the zone being there, its just a case of the FIA getting it right. In Turkey it was too easy, the chasing cars were flying past the driver in front and being well ahead of them by the time they reached the braking zone. And in Spain it was too difficult. The lead car had already reached the braking zone by the time the following car had got any speed advantage. If the original final turns had been in place im sure it would have been different but as it is now the final turn is just an acceleration zone and the lead car would have great traction off that turn and the following car would be compromised through the chicane and final turn being in the dirty air zone. I think its a good idea, especially somewhere like Catalunya where overtaking isnt an easy thing, but for it to work properly the activation zone needs to be in the right place which, as we have seen so far this season, is a very difficult thing to judge. However the tyres are turning out to be great this year. Its great to see people using different strategies again and so far Catalunya has been the best race for that this year what with Button three stopping while the rest of the front runners were on four stops and yet they were still doing similar lap times, the Force Indias sacrificing top 10 spots by going out on the hard tyre in Q2 so that they would have a new set of options for the race and despite the hard tyre being slower than expected, the lead drivers having to use 2 sets of primes because their last stint was simply too long for the options to last. Its turning out great this season, even when the DRS isnt in the right place, and with Vettel dominating, simply because of the way the tyres behave.
Jackal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #40
Nanbag

Nanbag's Gamercard
will be interesting to see where the zone starts at monaco, considering the last corner is too slow for "dirty air" to have an effect on the car behind and the pit straight is one of the shortest if not the shortest on the f1 calender.
Nanbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #41
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
An interesting couple of days at Monaco. I'm glad they've decided not to use DRS in the tunnel, and Perez seems to be okay. The headcam view from Nico's car as it flew towards the wall was really scary.

Can't wait for the race tomorrow, come on Kamui!!!

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #42
sardonixs

sardonixs's Gamercard
Defiantly the best Monaco race I have seen for a very long time, just a shame that it ended as it did, if it had carried on i think it would of been luck of the draw who won out of the top three.

Lewis's new managers need to get hold of him and tell him that drivers who alienate other drivers and make unnecessary comments that cause negative publicity for their teams, will soon find themselves falling down pecking order of the top teams.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #43
pined5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardonixs View Post
Defiantly the best Monaco race I have seen for a very long time, just a shame that it ended as it did, if it had carried on i think it would of been luck of the draw who won out of the top three.

Lewis's new managers need to get hold of him and tell him that drivers who alienate other drivers and make unnecessary comments that cause negative publicity for their teams, will soon find themselves falling down pecking order of the top teams.
Im not sure that is the case. If the teams care about winning they'll employ a driver who can win, not a straw man who can please share holders.

Anyway, it is more that the world needs to get a grip and stop being so desperate to be politically correct all the time. He made a comment that was OBVIOUSLY a joke, yet the BBC responded by going, 'Oh were sorry, im sure he didnt mean it, sorry, sorry, sorry.' They acted like they had something that needed to be apolagised for. It really frustrates me how it seems im the only one in the world who knows what racism actually is. It requires hatred, somthing that was clearly not present in Lewis's interview, he laughed and made reference to Ali G for gods sake! Seriously, who cares.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #44
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I couldn't give a damn what Lewis says, as long as he continues to be competitive. He had a pretty poor showing in Monaco, it was like a demolition derby, but I'm sure he'll bounce back in Canada.

What the hell happened on Webber's pitstop? I get the feeling that he always planned to come in on that lap, but Vettel reacted to Jenson coming in and got in before him. There should have been some communication, a 15 second pitstop (well tyre change) is not acceptable.

I want to smack Sutil and Alguersauri, for ruining what was a thrilling battle between Vettel, Alonso and Button. Vettel's tyres couldn't last another 6 laps, surely. Alonso's mentality was to go all out attack, so anything could have happened. I've never been an Alonso fan, but I found myself rooting for him yesterday. So over seeing Vettel take the win.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #45
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
I want to smack Sutil and Alguersauri, for ruining what was a thrilling battle between Vettel, Alonso and Button. Vettel's tyres couldn't last another 6 laps, surely. Alonso's mentality was to go all out attack, so anything could have happened. I've never been an Alonso fan, but I found myself rooting for him yesterday. So over seeing Vettel take the win.
Yeah it gets annoying when the same person starts winning everything. It's good to see someone on top of their game, but as we know from the Schumi days it can ruin F1 for quite a while. Can't blame Vettel for doing what he's doing though.

Yes it's a pity that the battle at the end was cut short, but I'm more annoyed at the stupid rule that says you can put new tyres on during the red flag.

Most of the race was amazing, and if we'd had a proper ending I think it would've gone down as one of the modern-day classics.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #46
pined5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Bugs View Post
Yeah it gets annoying when the same person starts winning everything. It's good to see someone on top of their game, but as we know from the Schumi days it can ruin F1 for quite a while. Can't blame Vettel for doing what he's doing though.

Yes it's a pity that the battle at the end was cut short, but I'm more annoyed at the stupid rule that says you can put new tyres on during the red flag.

Most of the race was amazing, and if we'd had a proper ending I think it would've gone down as one of the modern-day classics.
I know, it wasn't so much as a race resume, than a race re-set. The stewards handed this win to Vettel on a silver platter.

And the magic stategy that won Vettel the race was a mistake. The soft tyre was meant for Webbers car, but the team sent it to the wrong side of the garage. Subsequently the communication errors continued to Webber after Vettel left as the pit crew had not been informed promptly on what tyre they were to put on Webber's car. I also, despite being an Alonso hater, was rooting for him yesterday. I love the underdog and Alonso was just that yesterday. Lewis better win in Canada.

EDIT: Im tipping Hamilton for the win, possibly even pole as well!

Last edited by pined5551; 06-09-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #47
jacobite

Jackobite's Gamercard
[QUOTE=

EDIT: Im tipping Hamilton for the win, possibly even pole as well![/QUOTE]

If it rains....
JB!...... yeah ok mabye it will be Vettel hes really hard to beat in this form.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #48
Quicksand Jesus

quicksand jesus's Gamercard
Unhappy

This is kinda off-topic but does anybody know of a website or something where i can watch the races?
I live in america and F1 isn't really popular over here it's all about NASCAR (unfortunatly)
Quicksand Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #49
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand Jesus View Post
This is kinda off-topic but does anybody know of a website or something where i can watch the races?
I live in america and F1 isn't really popular over here it's all about NASCAR (unfortunatly)
I watch it online on BBC iPlayer, so you can try that. I have no idea whether or not it will work for someone outside of the UK, but hopefully it will. I think they show it live from the BBC's F1 website too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/default.stm

Old 06-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #50
Dragon86

Draco86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand Jesus View Post

Speed shows all the races live on TV. So far I've seen everyone of them except for Monaco and that was only because I was working.
Dragon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #51
Quicksand Jesus

quicksand jesus's Gamercard
That was one helluva finish i think Button would have passed Vettel even is he hadn't lost control in that corner.
Quicksand Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #52
jd070993

Jack DC 93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
The Canadians may have left it late, but fuck me, that was a brilliant race!

Button's race today definitely overtakes Webber's drive in China as the best drive of the season so far. Pitting in 6 TIMES (with 1 being a drive-through) and still winning the race... Unbeliveable. What happened with him and Lewis was a shame, but I'm sure they'll understand it was an accident. Still, credit where's it due. Button was fantastic today. Plus, it's nice to see Vettel NOT win for once

I'm not a big fan of Schumacher, but I would have loved to see him on the podium today. Still, 4th place was great and we saw the greatest glimpse of his former glory coming through today. Let's hope that remains for the rest of the season

I would talk more but I'm still a little speechless, so I'll let you guys discuss. But overall, a 9/10 for this race (would be 10/10 if we didn't have to wait 90 minutes for the real action to begin). Next stop, Valencia.

(Also, LOL at the dead heat between Massa and Kobayashi at the end )

YouTube Twitter Blog

Something will go here when I think of something.
jd070993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #53
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Easily one of the best races of the past few years. I don't jump into the air yelling at the TV very often, but the last two laps with Seb and Button was too exciting to stay sat still. I'm so glad Seb didn't win.

Lewis is racing so poorly lately.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #54
pined5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
EDIT: Im tipping Hamilton for the win, possibly even pole as well!
Well then, lol. Couldn't have been farther wrong, he was first out I'll start tipping Vettel for the win from now on!

As for Schumacher, yes. I was really hoping to see him make it onto the podium. Likewise with Kobayashi!! Haha. I actually was quite annoyed by Massa in the end, but I guess that was revenge for last year at Valencia!!! hahaha! (Where for those that don't know, Kobayashi overtook him on the final corner, lol) But I think Massa one up'd him on that today for sure

Last edited by pined5551; 06-13-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:17 AM   #55
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
One of the most exciting races I've seen. I was cheering like a madman for Button through those final laps. I think it could have gone either way had Vettel not lost it, DRS could have been the deciding factor. Glad Jenson didn't need to go off the racing line in the end to overtake though. How he won after entering the pits 6 times is beyond me, totally flabbergasted. An amazing drive.

Schumacher showed some good form in the wet. I too was hoping that he would make his way onto the podium, even at the expense of Webber, who is my favourite driver. No way he could defend against DRS, which is a shame. I do need to question the second DRS zone. If the driver is truly faster, they shouldn't require a second speed boost.

There were a lot of incidents in the race, you can expect that in the wet but so many of them were avoidable. How did Sutil drive up the back of Rosberg under safety car conditions? Seriously? Heidfeld didn't see that Kobayashi had made a small error and thus ran up the back of him. Unfortunate, but entirely avoidable. I thought there was enough room for Webber and Hamilton at the start, as well as Alonso and Button, although mid chicane probably wasn't the best place to go side by side.

All in all it was an excellent race and I can't wait until Valencia.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:32 AM   #56
Dragon86

Draco86's Gamercard
Is sad to think that the best race of the year came at a track that Herman Tilke has neither designed or re-designed?
Dragon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #57
jacobite

Jackobite's Gamercard
Its an impossible sport to watch at times, didnt know whether to laugh or cry when Lewis hit Button, I cheered when Seb (one of my fav drivers) fell off the track on the last lap, Mark taking third was prob deserved but even tho I dont like the Schumonster I did feel for him, he would have stolen Buttons thunder tho, if he made the podium.

Bad call to start under safety car and the first 6 laps wasted ... joke, waiting after the rain till a dry line another joke by the time the safety car went in it was time for inters.

was a shame for a few drivers, Nick, Di Rista (sp) Kobiashi 2nd and finished way down 7th or 8th, all in all a fantastic race.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #58
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobite View Post
Bad call to start under safety car and the first 6 laps wasted ... joke, waiting after the rain till a dry line another joke by the time the safety car went in it was time for inters.

was a shame for a few drivers, Nick, Di Rista (sp) Kobiashi 2nd and finished way down 7th or 8th, all in all a fantastic race.
Yeah it was definitely a joke to start that race under the safety car. Yes they're trying to do what's best for the drivers, but we've all seen a ton of races start normally in much worse conditions. The only reason other than "visibility" for the SC start is how crazy the Canada first corner can be at a race start sometimes, and it was pretty wet so maybe they just didn't want a first corner incident at all.

It was a shame for Kobayashi to not capitalise on his 2nd place start, but to be honest he just wasn't in a fast enough car to hold off the others on that track; maybe he could've at Monaco or Catalunya but not there.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #59
pined5551

Did anyone else spot the evil glare that Vettel gave Webber in the drivers confrence when Mark had said that the right man won, lol. Priceless haha!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #60
jd070993

Jack DC 93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Well, after the amazing race we had in Canada, Valencia would probably be considered the world's biggest snore-fest. It wasn't the worst race, by any means, but nothing of interest really happened. Probably the only talking point is that someone has to maim Vettel in some way or another. I thought Schumacher was bad, but this is ridiculous...

YouTube Twitter Blog

Something will go here when I think of something.
jd070993 is offline   Reply With Quote