awesomeninjak

Awesome Ninja K's Gamercard
Fable 2 : 9/10
awesomeninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #1112
kutpurse

kutpurse's Gamercard
Far cry 3. 8/10

Good, solid game. The only bad thing was having to hold down X or Y for certain actions.
kutpurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #1113
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Kazz View Post
9/10 - The Last Of Us, fantastic game, great story, atmospheric.
I finished The Last of Us this afternoon and I'd give it the same score, I might even go with a 9.5/10. The ending was abrupt but absolutely fitting for the narrative as a whole and when you start processing the entire journey, you realize it's a masterpiece. The Winter portion of the campaign was for me one of the best sections of a game that I've ever had the pleasure of playing. The voice acting, music and overall presentation was outstanding and I don't think I've ever enjoyed cut scenes more. This is right up there with Bioshock Infinite for me.

If you can't stop thinking about the game, give this roundtable a look, it's worth the time.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #1114
B1SK3TS N GR4VY

B1SK3TS N GR4VY's Gamercard
Well my last game was Gears 3 so 10/10
B1SK3TS N GR4VY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #1115
Billamus

Billamus's Gamercard
I played the new Tomb Raider just to boost my game count for the Bean Dive event on TA and that game was amazing cant wait to finish it. Very well done.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #1116
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Scourge Outbreak - 4/10 - Game is a pretty generic shooter, quite hard but only worth playing if you have some friend's as co-op makes the game so much better.

F1 2011 PC - 8/10 - Love me some Formula 1. Nearly done so can smoothly move onto 2012 while I'm still in the F1 mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #1117
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billamus View Post
I played the new Tomb Raider just to boost my game count for the Bean Dive event on TA and that game was amazing cant wait to finish it. Very well done.
Speaking of Tomb Raider, The Last of Us has a Trophy for performing all available conversations like Tomb Raider did. Those kinds of achievements are officially on my shit list.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #1118
ghost223x

ghost223x's Gamercard
Excellent Game

The Last of Us is a great game.
ghost223x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM   #1119
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost223x View Post
The Last of Us is a great game.
Yeah. It's great. Hope there isn't a sequel. Don't you hate it when a dev does that? You think it's all over, on a fantastic ending, but nope. Time to kill more of those clickers, this person dies, that guy who you thought was your friend betrays you, and turns out there's no vaccine for the motherfucking infection. Boo hoo.

Prey

Wow, really surprising game. Not a total generic FPS. Considering the game came out in like, 2006, the spirit mode, gravity craziness, and those portals were all pretty innovative for the time. And I'm not playing as an ordinary white male who thinks he's got a great set of cajones.

The game's puzzles are tame and you don't need an IQ of over 200 to figure them out, and it did make me feel a little queasy now and again, but other than that I was fairly impressed. Prey 2 has my attention. Wonder what's gonna happen with that one. Delays, man, delays.

7/10
Old 07-12-2013, 04:25 AM   #1120
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Yeah. It's great. Hope there isn't a sequel. Don't you hate it when a dev does that? You think it's all over, on a fantastic ending, but nope. Time to kill more of those clickers, this person dies, that guy who you thought was your friend betrays you, and turns out there's no vaccine for the motherfucking infection. Boo hoo.
They have come right out and said that they have no plans to make a sequel. Time and checkbooks will tell I suppose. I hope they don't make one personally. It doesn't even need DLC as it is. I have no idea what will be in the season pass.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #1121
fvkasm2x

Y2Kasper10's Gamercard
Went and saw World War Z the other day and got into a zombie craze.

Picked up Dead Island, Riptide and Lollipop Chainsaw and played them all for 2 weeks straight.

Dead Island - 7/10 Nothing too original or interesting about this game. Some cool wep mods and a decent storyline, but only slightly above average on the whole IMO. A notch or two below DeadRising and Left4Dead.

Riptide - 5/10 Exact same as the first pretty much, so I was completely bored with it after playing the first one for a few days straight before jumping into this. Maybe I'd have liked it better if there was some spacing between play times.

LPC - 5/10 Too "Japanese" ish. By that I mean the stupid dance moves you make as Nick when you put his head on a body. I know she is a cheerleader, but why the hell is he dancing? No other weapons except a chainsaw (that also shoots) made it fairly boring as well.

fvkasm2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #1122
mehatt

mehatt's Gamercard
Assassin's Creed II - 9/10

One of my favorites, overall great game and story to go along with it.
mehatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #1123
KillerBEA
New Job!

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Dark Souls PC

9/10

The control scheme bites; but you can customize it so its better. Game really is designed from the ground up to be played with a controller/on a console. I didn't have my wired controller handy since I am in the process of moving and its at the other place. So I gave it a go with a keyboard, only was able to beat the Asylum Demon after changing the controls around a bit.

I am also having framerate issues which have improved with settings tweaking. But other than those 2 issues its still Dark Souls and I fucking love Dark Souls.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #1124
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Prey - 8/10

Wow. For a game that was released in 2006, it looks sooooo good. Great visuals, nice gameplay. I was really impressed.

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #1125
Th4g x Ezi

Th4g x Ezi's Gamercard
Metro 2033: 7/10
Th4g x Ezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #1126
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Mass Effect 2 - 8.5/10

Story...awesome!
Gameplay...awesome!
Music...awesome!
Characters...awesome!
Insanity...bloody annoying!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #1127
Dexter010

Claptrap NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter010 View Post
Max Payne 3 - 8/10
The difficulty 'Hard' is really hard in this game. Especially when you have a checkpoint in the middle of a gun fight. Good graphics, probally a good story (currently in the first part of the game).
Batman: Arkham City - 9/10
Great graphics. Good story. Still enough stuff too do when you've finished the storyline. Famous enemies of Batman passing by.
Dexter010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:16 AM   #1128
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Catherine. 7/10

Love the story, etc. But too fricken hard!

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #1129
rdskns170

the only IS's Gamercard
Oblivion 7.5/10

+Thieves Guild/Arena/Shivering Isles/Final 2 missions were best quests
+Collecting weapons and armour was enjoyable, always trying to find the better one

-Besides those it was quite dull and repetitive, go find something or bring it back to someone or kill someone for someone else.
-Leveling system was complicated and took forever to level up
-Sound would come and go and it wasn't because of my hdmi or tv as I checked
-All the caverns/tunnels etc were too dark as I played with high brightness and always used hunters sight consistently just to see where I was going.
-Fighting with allies you could easily miss and hit them
-Combat system wasn't entertaining no matter a high or low setting

I could think of worse ways to spend 70 hours and better ways.

But before I hit around hour 30 I was steaming just for the achievements, finding little fun after the arena which I did in less than an hour.

If I rated it off my the Areana/Theives/Shivering Isles/Last 2 quests it probably would've been a 8.5

rdskns170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:14 AM   #1130
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 8/10

Really enjoying this game so far, love the fact that I can play through the campaign with my brother. Just finished the Soviet campaign, last level was a bitch lol. 2 more Campaigns to play through though than the MP achievements. This game will probably be the one that gets me to 300k
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #1131
BiggD
20 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdskns170 View Post
Oblivion 7.5/10

+Thieves Guild/Arena/Shivering Isles/Final 2 missions were best quests
+Collecting weapons and armour was enjoyable, always trying to find the better one

-Besides those it was quite dull and repetitive, go find something or bring it back to someone or kill someone for someone else.
-Leveling system was complicated and took forever to level up
-Sound would come and go and it wasn't because of my hdmi or tv as I checked
-All the caverns/tunnels etc were too dark as I played with high brightness and always used hunters sight consistently just to see where I was going.
-Fighting with allies you could easily miss and hit them
-Combat system wasn't entertaining no matter a high or low setting

I could think of worse ways to spend 70 hours and better ways.

But before I hit around hour 30 I was steaming just for the achievements, finding little fun after the arena which I did in less than an hour.

If I rated it off my the Areana/Theives/Shivering Isles/Last 2 quests it probably would've been a 8.5
The combat, cave/dungeon design, and leveling system were all whack in that game. I didn't care for it either to be honest.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZakpak
You would be Satan not to buy Halo: MCC if you have an Xbox One.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #1132
N00delsuppe

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
BioShock Infinite. 9,5/10.
An awesome game, great story, totally kick-ass 1999 mode, fun as hell! Would have been a 10/10, if it didn't glitch on me twice. Once Elizabeth wouldn't pick a lock, so I had to reload the last checkpoint, which happened to be before a relatively hard fight (it was on 1999 mode). The other time Elizabeth just didn't move anymore after the endfight, also on 1999 mode. But reloading the last checkpoint fixed it, thankfully without having to redo the whole last fight

N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #1133
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Tomb Raider (seeing a lot of Ultimate Game Sale games popping up recently in this thread)

9/10

I don't own a PS3 but i'm assuming this game is about as close as we Xbox folks will get to Uncharted. I was pretty blown away multiple instances and had a few thrills playing a game since Bioshock Infinite. It was really well done, and not being much of a Tomb Raider fan previous to this title, I was rather shocked by the direction it took and how much better the overall game really has become. Highly recommended.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #1134
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by otaking live View Post
Catherine. 7/10

Love the story, etc. But too fricken hard!
Atlus derives sadistic pleasure from your repeated failure while playing their video games.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #1135
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West 8/10

It's be awhile since I played this game. I rented it again to get the last few achievements I need to complete it. I almost forgot how fun this game really was. Not to mention Pigsy is straight up hilarious.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #1136
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Battle: Los Angeles - 2/10

It's balls.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #1137
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Spartacus Legends: 5/10I only got this because it was free. It isn't very good, and it has annoying achievements and the game itself is hard.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #1138
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Bulletstorm - 8/10 so far

Really good game. The skillshots are just awesome. Plus, it looks very good too. Really enjoying it

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #1139
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
Ghostbusters - Sanctum Of Slime

4/10

Incredibly average game ... only bearable in co-op for the laughs.
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #1140
BiggD
20 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Borderlands 2 - 7/10...for now

Very fun, but not far enough in yet to give a final score. Really love the RPG elements and Co-Op in this game is a blast. I'm on Chapter 8 (I think) and it's really overwhelming though in terms of content, achievements, and quests.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZakpak
You would be Satan not to buy Halo: MCC if you have an Xbox One.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote