Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #1471
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I may not give it a 3/10, but it would more likely be a 5.5-6/10, in all honesty.

CoD = Over rated (says the GoW fan )
It hard to say a game is overrated when it set the standard for the genre it's in. That means something. I will say the everything after World at War is overrated, but Call of Duty 4 is perfection.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #1472
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD View Post
Gears of War is boring and frustrating. Couldn't stand it. That's why i only have 4 achievments in GoW2. If one of them becomes a free game with xbl gold, i'll get it but until then, fuck gow
Dem's fightin' words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
It hard to say a game is overrated when it set the standard for the genre it's in. That means something. I will say the everything after World at War is overrated, but Call of Duty 4 is perfection.
Actually, it's quite easy. The game is definitely over rated. You calling it perfection attests to that very statement

We all have opinions, and then there are facts. For example:

Opinion - I think GoW is awesome!
Fact - GoW > CoD

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #1473
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Quote:
I agree, the addiction I developed when that game first came out and 9 gameplay days later after hitting 10th prestige online I was still playing says a lot. At the time it was ground breaking, but beyond that i've almost developed a hatred for the entire series because it's now just ongoing carbon copies and milking the fresh new idea that went sour after World at War. No new game engine, no new leveling concept, it's just the same thing over and over and over with new maps and weapons.

Call of Duty 4 was pretty much flawless. World at War set itself apart from most of the other WW2 shooters but had it's issues. Beyond that, the concept wore down fast, and how it still draws so many people to it at this point is completely beyond me. As long as suckers continue to pay $60.00 for essentially the same game with new maps they will continue to mass produce generic versions of that same old concept.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #1474
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
007 Legends
2 out of 5 - Disappointing

Same boring QTE's for the bosses.
"What is your name?" "James Bond"
Old 09-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #1475
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
I agree 100% call of duty 4 was absolutely fantastic game. By far the best cod I've played hands down.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #1476
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Dem's fightin' words.

Actually, it's quite easy. The game is definitely over rated. You calling it perfection attests to that very statement

We all have opinions, and then there are facts. For example:

Opinion - I think GoW is awesome!
Fact - GoW > CoD
I'm not letting this one go. You say it's overrated, so give me an example. Again COD 4 set the table for every first person shooter (except Battlefield) in the industry. Before COD 4 the console market had nothing like it. You had sub-par WW2 shooters and Halo. That's pretty much it. CoD 4 changed the way developers made games.

So your opinion is that it's overrated, and you can't even give an example of why it is. I like gears and if you are saying the GoW series is better then the CoD series, then yeah I agree. But none of the Gears games come close to Call of Duty 4.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #1477
PenderPowguin

Quote:
I'm not letting this one go. You say it's overrated, so give me an example. Again COD 4 set the table for every first person shooter (except Battlefield) in the industry. Before COD 4 the console market had nothing like it. You had sub-par WW2 shooters and Halo. That's pretty much it. CoD 4 changed the way developers made games.

So your opinion is that it's overrated, and you can't even give an example of why it is. I like gears and if you are saying the GoW series is better then the CoD series, then yeah I agree. But none of the Gears games come close to Call of Duty 4.
Okay, CoD4 set the table for every first person shooter? That's an embellished statement, and your own statement gave reasoning why. Halo, for example, could be said to have set the table for every first person shooter, since it came out 2 years (Combat Evolved, in 2001) prior than the original Call of Duty (2003).

You asked me what makes it over rated? Statements like, "CoD4 set the table for every first person shooter" comes to mind. I'd ask, what did CoD4 do that every first person shooter today is doing? Aside of the 1st person view, which of course, wasn't initiated by CoD (as shown above, Halo wasn't the first game doing it either, but it definitely came before CoD).

All of this is moot if what you really meant to say is, "CoD4 set the tables for every modern try-to-be-realistic Warfare first person shooters." I might be inclined to believe that, perhaps. But saying every first person shooter, period. That's purposely ignoring concepts from other games, that even CoD 4 borrowed, that truly revolutionized the genre.

- Raistlin Majere

Old 09-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #1478
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Okay, CoD4 set the table for every first person shooter? That's an embellished statement, and your own statement gave reasoning why. Halo, for example, could be said to have set the table for every first person shooter, since it came out 2 years (Combat Evolved, in 2001) prior than the original Call of Duty (2003).

You asked me what makes it over rated? Statements like, "CoD4 set the table for every first person shooter" comes to mind. I'd ask, what did CoD4 do that every first person shooter today is doing? Aside of the 1st person view, which of course, wasn't initiated by CoD (as shown above, Halo wasn't the first game doing it either, but it definitely came before CoD).

All of this is moot if what you really meant to say is, "CoD4 set the tables for every modern try-to-be-realistic Warfare first person shooters." I might be inclined to believe that, perhaps. But saying every first person shooter, period. That's purposely ignoring concepts from other games, that even CoD 4 borrowed, that truly revolutionized the genre.
I actually agree with him for the most part POWDER PENGUIN.

Call of Duty 4 introduced the perks system and the carrot on the stick of leveling and prestiging and doing it all again and again which has been emulated by nearly every game with a multiplayer component this generation. Halo even jumped on board with Halo 4 to a degree and a whole bunch of other games that don't have any business having multiplayer like Tomb Raider, have also ripped off this formula. It set the bar for the format of multiplayer that we're now stuck in. Someone needs to come along and rewrite the book again though because it's beat to death.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-07-2013 at 10:36 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #1479
MabusScarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I actually agree with him for the most part POWDER PENGUIN.

Call of Duty 4 introduced the perks system and the carrot on the stick of leveling and prestiging and doing it all again and again which has been emulated by nearly every game with a multiplayer component this generation. Halo even jumped on board with Halo 4 to a degree and a whole bunch of other games that don't have any business having multiplayer like Tomb Raider, have also ripped off this formula. It set the bar for the format of multiplayer that we're now stuck in. Someone needs to come along and rewrite the book again though because it's beat to death.
THIS is why Call of Duty is now among the most hated franchises by gamers. They beat it to death, reanimated it, blew it's head off and somehow it's still walking around mindlessly. It's to the point that the games are so annoyingly unoriginal that people like myself have begun to hate it. Maybe if the masses would stop sinking their money into their games they might come up with a completely new concept, but little fan boys continue to eat it up like it's candy so nothing changes because it sells regardless of how similar the next game is to the previous.

Its like Vanilla Ice, when he came out with his Ice Ice Baby and his Ninja Turtles movie appearances everyone was all omg he's so awesome. Now you see him on television or on the internet you wanna say stfu Vanilla Ice no one gives a shit anymore about you. Call of Duty 4 was the late 80's early 90's Vanilla Ice. Modern COD Games are the washed up has-beens that no one wants around anymore but they still try to cling onto their past moment of fame.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #1480
PenderPowguin

So... perks, and a prestige system. That set the table for every 1st person shooter post-CoD4?

Perhaps I am biased. You won't see very many shooters on my Gamercard that deal with perks earned by playing the game more than others. I think that's one thing that irks me about CoD in general (that people seem to eat up), and that also is probably why I enjoy GoW more. In GoW, all weapons are accessible by everyone from the get go, and skill determines the winner... not the person who has better perks/weapons because they play 13 hours a day to reach the ultimate level to gain the ultimate weapons/perks.

Welcome to CALL OF DUTY, PenderPowguin! You get a stick, and a rock. Here is your opponent, 5th Prestige LVL50 Guy with dual rocket launchers, and a perk that makes his corpse into a proximity mine! Good luck, and HAVE FUN!

- Raistlin Majere

Old 09-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #1481
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MabusScarab View Post
THIS is why Call of Duty is now among the most hated franchises by gamers. They beat it to death, reanimated it, blew it's head off and somehow it's still walking around mindlessly. It's to the point that the games are so annoyingly unoriginal that people like myself have begun to hate it. Maybe if the masses would stop sinking their money into their games they might come up with a completely new concept, but little fan boys continue to eat it up like it's candy so nothing changes because it sells regardless of how similar the next game is to the previous.
Yeah the game is fun don't get me wrong, but that pretty much describes how I feel about it too. After playing every year since 2007 I'm just not terribly motivated to keep going, it's just the same thing over and over.

Quote:
So... perks, and a prestige system. That set the table for every 1st person shooter post-CoD4?

Perhaps I am biased. You won't see very many shooters on my Gamercard that deal with perks earned by playing the game more than others. I think that's one thing that irks me about CoD in general (that people seem to eat up), and that also is probably why I enjoy GoW more. In GoW, all weapons are accessible by everyone from the get go, and skill determines the winner... not the person who has better perks/weapons because they play 13 hours a day to reach the ultimate level to gain the ultimate weapons/perks.

Welcome to CALL OF DUTY, PenderPowguin! You get a stick, and a rock. Here is your opponent, 5th Prestige LVL50 Guy with dual rocket launchers, and a perk that makes his corpse into a proximity mine! Good luck, and HAVE FUN!
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm saying. They introduced that format for multiplayer and it's been copied to death, I don't know how else to put it.

Haha, the second part is funny. That's not really how it works though, there's no advantage to a higher rank or the higher guns really. A level one new guy can play just fine against a level whatever prestige ten guy unless they just don't know the game. Take me for example, I'm not a Gears of War online player so it wouldn't matter if I was level one or level one hundred, I'll still be getting my ass kicked.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-07-2013 at 11:54 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #1482
MabusScarab

Quote:
This is exactly how I felt when I started playing Dark Souls and I was a SL 22 getting invaded and raped by a 150+

Call of Duty 4 you are provided with arguably the best weapon in the game from the get go with the M16. It wasn't that much of an imbalanced compared to what most 55's were using especially considering a lot used the M16 anyway.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #1483
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
If you say to the gallows for a 7/10, what would you say to someone who wouldn't even go as far as 3/10?
I'd just simply say they're lying. I don't see how someone could dislike the simplicity and addictive fun that CoD4 had to offer back in 2007 and 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MabusScarab View Post
Call of Duty 4 you are provided with arguably the best weapon in the game from the get go with the M16. It wasn't that much of an imbalanced compared to what most 55's were using especially considering a lot used the M16 anyway.
It can be argued that the MP5 and M1014 (or whatever that sniper was) were 10x better than the M16. But I'm not here to argue. I don't even know why I brought this up lol.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.

Last edited by BiggD; 09-08-2013 at 01:17 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #1484
probot

torchlight: 9/10

i wish they still made games like this.
probot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #1485
Spanish Assault

Quote:

Sales of all the Call of Duty games kind of makes my point. I am not saying you have to love the game....I am just saying FPS were for the most part boring (with the exception of Halo, but it's safe to say that has it's own following) until CoD 4 broke on the scene. So maybe I should of said Modern shooter, but imitation is the best form of flattery. So every game trying to copy COD is proof that it set the table.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #1486
PenderPowguin

Quote:
Sales of all the Call of Duty games kind of makes my point. I am not saying you have to love the game....I am just saying FPS were for the most part boring (with the exception of Halo, but it's safe to say that has it's own following) until CoD 4 broke on the scene. So maybe I should of said Modern shooter, but imitation is the best form of flattery. So every game trying to copy COD is proof that it set the table.
Sales most definitely have nothing to do with this conversation. FPS being boring prior to CoD 4 is pure opinion, and has nothing to do with 'setting the table'. Every game is not trying to imitate CoD, and that was my point

I'll meet you though, I agree that CoD did bring to the table some ideas that many other games utilized in some way, shape, or form. But to say that every first person shooter post-CoD was influenced by the game is false, and exaggerated. Would you agree that CoD utilized features, ideas, concepts that were already done in the past? If so, what makes a game a 'table setter', so to speak? Do the perks and prestige system constitute as 'table setting'?

- Raistlin Majere

Old 09-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #1487
godsandm0nsters

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard
Crysis 3 is a 6/10 for me, no way near as good as Crysis 1 and 2. Feels rushed, the multiplayer is dead and the campaign just isn't as good in all areas. Disappointed.

Retail Completions: 60 | Arcade Completions: 24
Last Completion: BioShock Infinite (1695)
Currently Playing: Halo CE Anniversary, Spec Ops The Line
godsandm0nsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #1488
Jeesp

Jeesp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, 9/10.

Awesome game. Really funny dialogue, charming cutscenes and good gameplay mechanics.
Jeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #1489
BitterMelonFarm

BitterMelonFarm's Gamercard
The Bourne Conspiracy. 8/10. Everyone was right. This game is surprisingly very entertaining. I particularly liked the gun combat. I wish Matt Damon had agreed to play Jason Bourne in the game, as the generic Bourne is a bit of a drawback. Other than that, great game. It was well worth my $3 and I only have 125 left to mop up.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig!
Back after a lengthy hiatus
Latest Completion: South Park: The Stick of Truth
PSN - kingslayer52 (Vita and PS3, PS Plus)
BitterMelonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #1490
Balloonhead

ejlane11's Gamercard
Bully: Scholarship Edition-8/10. I beat it 3 times on Wii (of all systems, I know) and it's easily one of my favorite games. I bought it a few weeks ago when it was on sale on the marketplace & after beating it and getting 80% in-game completion 1st run through, it still lives up. Only thing I don't like about it is that it's glitchier on 360.

2500th achievement: Black Ops 2-Mazed and Confused. 7-10-13.
Balloonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #1491
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Deadlight - 7/10

Started the game way back in January and only just finished it off today. Pretty great game but way too short. An easy completion at least but not wroth 1200msp! :/

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #1492
rdskns170

the only IS's Gamercard
Lets see, is a windows 8 review allowed?

oh well here it is along with a 360 game review:

Cut the rope(W8) 8/10
I say for the most part is is quite difficult to rate windows 8 games on a points scale as most aren't designed to be magnificent just good enough to play in some free time while wasting a quick amount of time, ie waiting for someone to get ready before leaving the house.

That being said I have played cut the rope when it first came out on the ipod touch/phone and loved it, especially since it was only 99 cents, whereas on windows 8 it is $4.99 for the full version, which is a bit expenisve and it should be 2.99 or 3.99 at most.

It is a fun puzzle game where you must use different methods to get the candy to your new pet?(creature lol) via bubbles ropes(duhh), while avoiding spiders and other objects, while collecting stars to move on to the next level.

I'm not really sure what to say else, it was fun, I managed to get a perfect 200 in about one hour, and still have about 3-4 boxes to go through, but I won't rush through them now and will play it as it was meant to be(not rushed) and enjoy it more as well. I envision my sister will be sneaking my laptop away from me to play it as well so I guess there is some more value. Gameplay wise I never had any issues unless I try using 10 fingers. The graphics are nice, cartoonish and bright, but crisp and not bad what so ever.

I give it a 8/10 because I think it is a great game to have on your laptop to play whenever you need something to do for 5-10 minutes or if you're just eating your lunch in your dorm room and want to entertain yourself. I think the replay value is quite high, as they are a lot of levels and also the fact that you can/should go back and try to earn 3 starts on each level.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Dead Space 9/10

First off let me say if I wasn't so damn skittish I would have give it a 9.5 or 9.75, but I am not a fan of horror games, and this being my first horror game I managed to get through 1 playthrough without killing myself or breaking anything.

I really like the controls and gameplay, shooting was great, and the way the controls were set up worked great, although I would have preferred the ability to edit sensitivity as it seemed a bit slow but it didn't have a huge effect on me overall. Interfaces were nice as well, with it not pausing the game it added to the "horror" as if you were trying to add a med pack you had to make sure you killed everything and nothing was going to jump out and rip your fucking body in half.

Music was freaking amazing. It was played perfectly along with the lighting, and in the early levels really emphasized the horror!

Now my favorite part had to be the story with the gigantic twists at the end, it left me dumbfoundedly staring at my tv in disbelief(in a good, wtf is going on holy shit!) like watching inception, but having it actually make sense. With the twists and story I felt it was one of the most dynamic/advanced stories I have played and yet one of the best in terms of being able to follow along as I don't believe I ever felt confused or not understanding of what was going on.

Definently a high recomendation and if you enjoy horror/shooter games you MUST play it! Even if you are jumpy like me still play it, just keep the lights on and have someone in the room with you like I did(took me about 2 weeks as I spread it out only playing when my roommate was in the room watching netflix or something as I peed a little on the first 2 levels(yes it happened, also at the very last cutscene after Issac takes his helmet off and is sitting in the ship and looks over, and since I had the volume low I had gotten up right in front of the tv, so i fucking sprinted to the bathroom and changed my pants...)

Sorry for the long messy post, but enjoy!!

Co-Op Partner Needed: Borderlands 2 GoW1(Hardcore), Halo 3(Legendary)

BUCKEYE NATION
rdskns170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #1493
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just Cause 2: 8.5/10

Causing explosions, blowing shit up, escaping in a jet. Yolo. But seriously I love how huge the game is. It seems bigger than GTA IV at times. I just hate how there's no cover button and how awkward it feels to aim in and target someone.

CoD 2: 7/10

Really hard and frustrating but the sound design is flawless. It makes it seem like an actual war is going on and it makes me feel like I'm a part of WWII.

Last edited by Slaughter.; 09-12-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #1494
IDarK VorteXX

IDarK VorteXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD View Post

CoD 2: 7/10

Really hard and frustrating but the sound design is flawless. It makes it seem like an actual war is going on and it makes me feel like I'm a part of WWII.
This is exactly the feeling i got when i played this game. I think CoD 2 is one of the best CoD games out there. It a shame it doesnt get the recognition it deserves. Fair enough its old but its better than the current CoD games. 7/10 is a bit low in my opinion.

The last game i played was Scene It: Lights, Camera, Action. 8/10

It is really fun with friends and has high replay value. The achievements are easy but one of them is luck based and another two are glitchy. Other than that, the game is fun and consistently tests your movie knowledge.

*Thanks to Audacious for the great signature*

I wear a mask. And that mask, is not to hide who I am, but to create what I am. I'm BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” – Abraham Lincoln
IDarK VorteXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #1495
PenderPowguin

Injustice 7/10

I think that's a pretty generous score since I don't really care for fighting games (they get a little repetitive for me). Honestly though, it's a fun game. The scenery looks nice, and it's neat that it's interactive. The final move/large attacks are really cool (but also get old after a while). This will be a great game for my son and I to play just to past time for fun.

- Raistlin Majere

Old 09-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #1496
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Saints Row IV - 9/10

Damn good game, if not for the bloody crashes. Even more over the top silliness than Saints Row: The Third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #1497
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I don't think much needs to be said here, everyone and their mother knows how horrid and bland the boss fights were. And there was a bit of a coincidence weird time jump thing that felt like a shit ton of content was cut from the game right when Jensen arrived at Omega Ranch.

8/10, from a critical standpoint, but a 10/10 from me.

I love this game. I love the atmosphere. I love the music. I love the theme. I love the stealth, the takedowns, everything.

If you haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, PICK UP THE DIRECTOR'S CUT when it arrives in mid-November. Not gonna be a WiiU exclusive anymore! It features improved graphics, A.I., redone boss battles, and The Missing Link DLC, all for $29.99 (USD). I think that's 18.89 GBP.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #1498
Spanish Assault

This might be an update but:

Dragons Dogma - 6/10

This game could of been so much better if some sort of fast travel was implemented early on. Having to travel across the whole map to escort someone to one place....then travel at night all the way back to turn it in, only to get ambushed by a dragon is not cool.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #1499
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
This might be an update but:

Dragons Dogma - 6/10

This game could of been so much better if some sort of fast travel was implemented early on. Having to travel across the whole map to escort someone to one place....then travel at night all the way back to turn it in, only to get ambushed by a dragon is not cool.
I completely agree with this. Could've been better than Skyrim, but it wasn't unfortunately.

Dark Souls: 8.5/10

A treat to look at (backgrounds specifically) and punishing, yet rewarding, combat system. Only thing holding this game back is the inability to pause and the lack of NPCs/cities.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #1500
Triblade

Triblade's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Dishonored - 8/10

Started off really slowly and, as I don't really like slow-paced stealth games, thought I would never get into it. I did though and ended up really liking it - that is until I finished my first playthrough and excitedly went to start a second, new game plus run... which doesn't exist. In fact, they have no way of taking your upgrades through to another playthrough. That made subsequent playthroughs tedious and, unfortunately the game's achievements force you to play in a very specific way (which is crap for a game built around freedom). Story DLC was similar too: Very good, but let down by rigid achievements. Hated the Trials DLC though (decided not to finish it, in case I ended up snapping my controller in two).

Overall really good game, let down by its meta-game and a few minor gameplay issues.
Triblade is offline   Reply With Quote