PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #2551
UCanCallMeDuckey

I've been playing PVZ:GW on the X1 and I really like the game, I think it has great graphics and they went above and beyond on the movement for the plants. I just wish that the split screen options were a little better, I would have really enjoyed being able to play all the game types on split screen, and being able to play offline, also that all players playing split screen would get achievements.

Additionally this game is really making me want a PVZ game that is kinda like Conker or Spyro, I think it would lend itself to that kind of gameplay amazingly.

I Fink you Freaky and I like you a lot

UCanCallMeDuckey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #2552
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Civilization Revolution went free for gold members so that's what I' currently playing and I have to admit, I'm actually pleasantly surprised. Didn't think it would be that fun for me since that's not my type of game genre. But I actually like this game quite a bit.

I would give it an 8.5/10. Definitely worth playing and is really fun.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!
Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:12 AM   #2553
Unknown Kai

Unknown Kai's Gamercard
Fable 2.

8/10.

I'm a massive fan of Fable 1 but Fable 2 isn't as good for many reasons.

The breadcrumb trail is more of an insult than useful, basically its like the developer implying we can't make our own way around.
The fact that the game has no mini map is ridiculous, trying to navigate around and explore while not doing a quest is very frustrating as unless you know each area like the back of your hand you'll get lost. Why did they think this was a good idea? Why remove a perfectly normal and working feature?
The combat is too simplistic and dieing holds little consequence (except a few scars).

I could go on. You may be wondering why I still gave it an 8 despite its problems? I gave it an 8 because despite the problems I still loved the game. It still has the Fable charm but it certainly isn't Fable 1. Also, I love the dog
Unknown Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:47 AM   #2554
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Kai View Post
Fable 2.

8/10.

I'm a massive fan of Fable 1 but Fable 2 isn't as good for many reasons.

The breadcrumb trail is more of an insult than useful, basically its like the developer implying we can't make our own way around.
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you disable the trail that tells you the route to wherever you have to go?

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!
Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #2555
Emfulz

Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (Xbox One) - 8/10

This is nothing like the other PVZ games you have played, it's a 3rd person shooter with 4 classes per team that you can set goofy customization options to your characters. It's very fun even with only 2 Game Types plus a Horde-like mode called Garden Ops. It shows a lot of potential with small fixes to the servers and slight balancing, but aside from that this game is very fun with some friends or even by yourself. I recommend anyone and everyone to try this game out at least once before judging a book by its cover.

*Technically there are 6 game types including garden ops. Welcome Mat, Team Vanquish, Gardens and Graveyards, Classic Team Vanquish, Classic Gardens and Graveyards.

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #2556
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Team Fortress 2 (Orange Box) 8/10

I basically skipped TF2 when I first got the Orange Box years ago and focused on Half Life and Portal, traded the game in having only played a couple quick matches. MP PvP games outside Battlefield aren't my thing and even back in my original run the community wasn't very active.

Well that changed. Jumped into some randoms matches before a few more secluded matches with some of the gang here and had a blast. The game is dated but that hasn't detracted from the silly fun in any way. Knocked out 11 achievements I never thought I'd get, bringing me up to 87 of the 99 in the game. Figuring out the hard way that X is NOT reload, and dying for that mistake, was a fun learning.

TF2 has a great sense of humour, easy play control, great class balancing where every one has a distinct role, and the maps are very well thought out for the modes assigned to them.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #2557
Floorkiller

threehaddock62's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymt View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you disable the trail that tells you the route to wherever you have to go?

Yeah, it can be disabled.
Floorkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #2558
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Team Fortress 2 (Orange Box) 8/10

I basically skipped TF2 when I first got the Orange Box years ago and focused on Half Life and Portal, traded the game in having only played a couple quick matches. MP PvP games outside Battlefield aren't my thing and even back in my original run the community wasn't very active.

Well that changed. Jumped into some randoms matches before a few more secluded matches with some of the gang here and had a blast. The game is dated but that hasn't detracted from the silly fun in any way. Knocked out 11 achievements I never thought I'd get, bringing me up to 87 of the 99 in the game. Figuring out the hard way that X is NOT reload, and dying for that mistake, was a fun learning.

TF2 has a great sense of humour, easy play control, great class balancing where every one has a distinct role, and the maps are very well thought out for the modes assigned to them.
Agreed. In a full game of 16 the game is an absolute blast, long as the battles are close together. Spy ftw too.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #2559
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thief 6/10.

Too disappointed with it to even bother writing about it. Buy it. Don't buy it. I don't care.

South Park: Stick of Truth 8/10.

So far only put about 2 hours in. It's funny as fuck and deeper than I expected, yet still very simple to play. The combat is a bit awkward at first, but you'll pick it up quick. It would be nice to play a uncensored version, but I'm not going to rate the game down because of it. May rate -1 or +1 upon completion.

Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #2560
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
South Park: Stick of Truth 8/10.

So far only put about 2 hours in. It's funny as fuck and deeper than I expected, yet still very simple to play. The combat is a bit awkward at first, but you'll pick it up quick. It would be nice to play a uncensored version, but I'm not going to rate the game down because of it. May rate -1 or +1 upon completion.
Am getting more and more interested in that game....

"Hit it"
Old 03-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #2561
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Warface Beta - 8/10

I was surprised at how this turned out. I think it was fun, but couldn't see myself buying it at release price.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #2562
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I watched PewDeePie play it and it looks awesome. I'll wait on a price drop....and my backlog to shrink.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #2563
PiixL

Send a message via Skype™ to PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Loco Cycle wasn't bad but it was very repetitive and just a generally stupid storymode. Even though I bought it just to 100% it I tought the gameplay would be in somewhat decent but damn, I was wrong. 5/10!!

Xbox One: FIFA 14 & Titanfall (For Fun)

Arcade/DLC: Left 4 Dead: Crash Course & The Sacrifice DLC's & The Walking Dead Season 2

Signature & Avatar Created By Mr Chaotix
PiixL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #2564
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I watched PewDeePie play it and it looks awesome. I'll wait on a price drop....and my backlog to shrink.
Wait. Backlogs shrink?

Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #2565
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Wait. Backlogs shrink?
It is a difficult task to accomplish, but possible.

"Hit it"
Old 03-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #2566
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Impossible, they only grow. :/

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:05 PM   #2567
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
Impossible, they only grow. :/
Yupp. That's what I find..

Old 03-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #2568
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Wait. Backlogs shrink?

"Hit it"
Old 03-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #2569
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Quote:
Spam bot much?
Old 03-07-2014, 10:20 PM   #2570
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
My problem clearly lays within my 'finished games to purchased games' ratio. It's like 2:3

You know how it is. See a game you've wanted for a while super cheap, have to buy it - Backlog grows. New, awesome multiplayer game - Backlog grows. Try to commit more time to social life - Backlog grows....

Old 03-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #2571
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Backlogs can shrink, if the effort is put into it. Basically, you stop yourself from playing/watching new things...and put your effort into completing old stuff first. For me, what I'm trying to do is go and complete all these unplayed PS3 games first. Then, I'll go and get a 360 again to clean up the backlog there...and finally move onto games I want to pick up before moving to next gen.

It's a long haul...but there's really nothing that I want next-gen that's out yet. I mean, other than ports...and Dead Rising 3. Everything else is meh, including Titan Fall (I'm not big on multiplayer games).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
R.I.P. Random Thought of the Day...Thread - Take 1.
5/13/2013 - 8/15/2014 - 15,243 Posts of Awesome.
Never forget.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:32 AM   #2572
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 2 - A House Divided - 10/10

Another great episode in the series. I love seeing how far Clementine has come with each new entry. I found there to be far less player input than last episode when it comes to the action, but there were plenty of dialogue choices in there to make up for it. I like how you can just play through and get all the achievements without having to worry about missing stuff like collectables and other 'missables'. Hopefully not too long until the next episode!

Old 03-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #2573
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Doodle God (WP) 1/10

Shit is boring. Shit is barely a game. Only good for gamerscore.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #2574
UCanCallMeDuckey

South Park the Stick of Truth - ELEVEN

I Fink you Freaky and I like you a lot

UCanCallMeDuckey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #2575
BossKeloid666

BossKeloid666's Gamercard
COJ Gunslinger. Great game, spot on gunplay and really love the setting. I didnt really expect much from this after playing The Cartel ( not too bad but nothing to write home about ) but seeing as it was going cheap i thought i might as well give it a go. Great fun and a good story to boot, liked the narration aspect and there havent been a huge amount of wild west games so it was quite refreshing. I was a bit put off with the duels but after completing the game i feel a bit more confident and started to enjoy them. Overall a cracking game specially for the price 9/10
Old 03-09-2014, 04:23 AM   #2576
nayfnayf

Snugglepuss93's Gamercard
south park - the stick of truth

it gets an 8. it is such a fun game.
nayfnayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #2577
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Dead Rising 3 - 8/10

So I finally got around to finishing DR3. While it sure is a fun game to play by yourself or with a friend. I think it's weakest point once again is it's story. While not terrible, it's just another silly DR story that probably could have been a whole lot better.

Gameplay is really were the meat is. Sometime the controls suffer from slight input lag which can be a little annoying, but not game breaking. Graphics I think are pretty good when compared to the previous games and the zombie count is more than any other game out there. Sound is top notch and I find it's another game that benefits having the stereo turned way up when playing.

Replayability is there like any other DR game, but this one focuses heavily on collectibles that are scattered all over the map. The included Nightmare mode is up next for me with my New Game+ character currently at Level 26. Dead Rising 3 is definitely worth checking out just to show off the console's power I think, but really it should be part of your gaming library if you ever purchase a One.

Now to figure out if the Season Pass is worth getting and playing through..

Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #2578
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
Spam bot much?
Copy paste much

I dunno, maybe my browser was having kunnipshuns that day.

"Hit it"
Old 03-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #2579
WoodsMonk

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons - 9/10

Picked it up awhile back (first time it went on sale) finally got around to playing it, What a good game it is.

Wonder how many people stopped playing after they got all the achievements and didn't see the story out..?

WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #2580
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsMonk View Post
Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons - 9/10

Picked it up awhile back (first time it went on sale) finally got around to playing it, What a good game it is.

Wonder how many people stopped playing after they got all the achievements and didn't see the story out..?
I stopped after the last one popped for me. Controls hacked me right off.

Anyway, Dead Island Riptide.

Graphics: Not the best in the world for the people, as they use the same few skins and have the same big eyed cardboard look. The zombie/infected/mutants, are all looking the same too. Well, after U club them to death at least. I do like the flooded jungle/swamp/shanty town on the first map.

Sound: Eerie menu music works well. The noise from an incoming infected is never nice, but at least they will never go ninja on you. The slushy splat as you take off a head is very satisfying, but not as much as when you stamp their heads into the floor.

Playability: I am using Sam B. Slow and clunky when trying to strafe during an attack from the horde. Not to easy and you die a lot. Losing cash when you die is pretty odd, as its like being mugged by the undead. Swinging any weapon at the infected, then seeing them waltz right through it and grabbing you is annoying, but a quick QTE later and they taste fist, so not all bad.

Game world: Pretty big, and easy to navigate with the map if you get list. Plenty of open world fun, and its my sort of game for that reason aside from it having zombies. Plenty to loot as well across the huge landscape.

Achievements: Only 35, and just 2 related to online co op. So that's not bad going. There are 3 worth 90g and 1 worth 100g. So that's a large chunk of Gs just for them 4 achievements. Aside from them, its most story related or collectables. So despite needing a decent amount of hours invested, its good for a huge chunk if not all 1000g in 1 play through.

Overall, its not perfect. But its an open world zombie apocalypse. So despite its shortfalls, it really is a good game. Not great, but good. Just doesn't feel polished, and the new character is a wee bit lame. Something tells me that this game is going to be much better with friends. I will score this game a healthy 7/10. Could do better Techland.