PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #31
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFreakinCabbag3 View Post
Clearly never played the newer ones they killed the fun factor. Spyro 2 is where its at tho that and Crash team racing I must of played those 20 times through a piece. PS2 gd times.
Oh no I have, I meant the older titles such as Spyro Gateway to Glimmer and Spyro Year of the Dragon, the latest ones are pants.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #32
donny514

XxxItzDonnYxxX's Gamercard
List of best-selling video game franchises.

1. Mario 240 Million
2. Pokemon 207 Million
3. Tetris 125 Million
4. The Sims 125 Million
5. FIFA 100 Million
6. Need For Speed 100 Million
7. Grand Theft Auto 100 Million
8. Final Fantasy 97 Million
9. Madden NFL 85 Million
10. Sonic The Hedgehog 75 Million
11. Winning Eleven 69 Million
12. Gran Turismo 61.41 Million
13. Zelda 59 Million
14. Ape escape 58.9 Million
15. Dragon quest 57 Million
16. Tom clancy 55 Million
17. COD 55 Million
18. Bejeweled 50 Million
19. Nickolodeon 50 Million
20. Lego 50 Million

So as you can see from this Call of duty is not even in the top 15. Now some might say that it still beat halo. But, what you need to remember is that halo is only on xbox and was once on pc. Compare it to Cod which is on i believe every popular system.
BTW, Battlefield is 35th and halo is 37th.
donny514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #33
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle Elite View Post
Because Call of Duty is more popular doesnt mean it's better than Halo? My definition of the best shotoer ever, is the game that has had a lot of influence. Therefore, Doom might aswell is the best shooter (looking at when it was made)

This is like saying, China is the best country in the world. Why? Because it has the largest population on earth. It makes no sense linking quality to the amount of people that play it.

People vote with their wallets man. You think if the games were not good people would still buy it? Nope unless its a wii title that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by donny514 View Post
List of best-selling video game franchises.

1. Mario 240 Million
2. Pokemon 207 Million
3. Tetris 125 Million
4. The Sims 125 Million
5. FIFA 100 Million
6. Need For Speed 100 Million
7. Grand Theft Auto 100 Million
8. Final Fantasy 97 Million
9. Madden NFL 85 Million
10. Sonic The Hedgehog 75 Million
11. Winning Eleven 69 Million
12. Gran Turismo 61.41 Million
13. Zelda 59 Million
14. Ape escape 58.9 Million
15. Dragon quest 57 Million
16. Tom clancy 55 Million
17. COD 55 Million
18. Bejeweled 50 Million
19. Nickolodeon 50 Million
20. Lego 50 Million

So as you can see from this Call of duty is not even in the top 15. Now some might say that it still beat halo. But, what you need to remember is that halo is only on xbox and was once on pc. Compare it to Cod which is on i believe every popular system.
BTW, Battlefield is 35th and halo is 37th.
Argument for halo fails as MArio and Zelda are one console maker specific.

Not to mention look at CoD is at 17 with only 7(SEVEN) games released. It should also be noted that not until CoD4 have they started selling like gang busters.

Im just saying I do not agree that ANY call of duty game is the best ever. Actually i thought the OP was actually only calling Black Ops the best CoD ever not the best game ever.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #34
darkfang1818

Darkfang1818's Gamercard
Quote:
Definitely not. Seeing your name, you probably arent mature yet. Anyone who has experienced games like Doom and Halo, will agree with me that Call of Duty has had barely any influence on the gaming world, whereas Doom perhaps was the mother of all shooter games, and Halo was the mother of console shooters.

Without Doom, there would be no Call of Duty. Without Halo, there might would have been no Call of Duty as we know it. Without Call of Duty, there would be no difference in the gaming world.

In short terms: Call of Duty's influence is minimal, therefore not the best game ever

And to end this post with, I'd like to say that there is not such a thing as the best game. Best shooter, or best sandbox yeah, but a ''best game'' cant exist, because you cant compare completely different games. It's like saying, Real Madrid FC is a football club, Green Bay Packers is a NFL club, which one is the better club?
cod came out before halo was thought of
darkfang1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #35
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I would say my best one had to be COD4 by far. FANTASIC

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:46 AM   #36
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt
People vote with their wallets man. You think if the games were not good people would still buy it?
I agree that this many people wouldn't have purchased the game if they didn't like it, but as the world's population increases, the amount of sales for a game in the 90's can't possibly beat a game sold in 2010 assuming everyone buys a copy.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.

Last edited by AOS Puck; 03-28-2011 at 02:07 PM.
snipingheadshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 AM   #37
transformer809

MyAssAffect3's Gamercard
Call of Duty games really are the best when it comes to shooting games.

Borderlands 2
Ninja Gaiden 3: RE
transformer809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #38
TpYourHouse

Send a message via Yahoo to TpYourHouse

TpYourHouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one." In terms of copies sold the best game is hands down Super Mario Brothers on the NES. You certainly can't say a game is the best because a biased magazine (or fan) reviews it and rates it 10/10. And its definitely not a Call of Duty or Halo game... Hell, some of the best games aren't even multiplayer ones.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #39
MACdanstaface

MACdanstaface's Gamercard
1) Do those numbers take into account the Atari 2600 version of Mario? Also, it was real hard (if not impossible) to get a NES in the days without getting a copy of SuperMario - but granted, the game was great, and probably one of the reason why people bought consoles in the first place

2) the market for video games was much smaller 20 years ago - which just makes the numbers around Mario, Tetris and Zelda all the more impressive....

Thx to SeedyEvil for the Sig

MACdanstaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #40
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Best one is COD: 4
Old 03-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #41
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Do DLC and peripherals count for sales, or is it just the game itself?
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #42
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfang1818 View Post
cod came out before halo was thought of
Umh...no it didn't. It actually was released 2 years after Halo: Combat Evolved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #43
donny514

XxxItzDonnYxxX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
Umh...no it didn't. It actually was released 2 years after Halo: Combat Evolved...
i actually brought that up already but someone said i needed a chillpill and then it got deleted along with his post
donny514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #44
BUZZARDIO 1080

BUZZARDIO 1080's Gamercard
i personally think cod games are the best, although thats mainly because 4 was so good, imo they still havent bettered it.
BUZZARDIO 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #45
Bill IV

FlashpoinT IX's Gamercard
Quote:
Hmm... Halo CE has similar controls I believe. Left analog stick to move, Y to swap weapons, A to jump, RT to shoot, right analog stick to aim.....only difference is the grenade button
And Sprint, Aim, Melee, Crouch/Prone. And yes I know Halo didn't have most of those abilities.

Bill IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #46
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Definitely not. Seeing your name, you probably arent mature yet. Anyone who has experienced games like Doom and Halo, will agree with me that Call of Duty has had barely any influence on the gaming world, whereas Doom perhaps was the mother of all shooter games, and Halo was the mother of console shooters.

Without Doom, there would be no Call of Duty. Without Halo, there might would have been no Call of Duty as we know it. Without Call of Duty, there would be no difference in the gaming world.

In short terms: Call of Duty's influence is minimal, therefore not the best game ever

And to end this post with, I'd like to say that there is not such a thing as the best game. Best shooter, or best sandbox yeah, but a ''best game'' cant exist, because you cant compare completely different games. It's like saying, Real Madrid FC is a football club, Green Bay Packers is a NFL club, which one is the better club?
Great post agree completely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
didnt take long for the halo fanboys to roll in....
Quote:
And the truth is that all halo's after the original have inferior. CoD has surpassed halo in popularity. If you dont like its too bad man its the truth
CoD may be more popular but that is because it is played by a bunch of kids that dont understand how classic games are great ad CoD is well CoD, ow I love the series have played all of them but it doesnt come close to THE best game ever. Like Rifle said, you cant have a best game EVER. Doesn't work that way. And im not a Halo Fanboy although I love the series more than CoD I have probobly played CoD more overall.
Just my 2 cents.
Achievements-86% Points-84%
70,000 on 3-8-14
dragonpwnr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #47
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpwnr99 View Post
CoD may be more popular but that is because it is played by a bunch of kids
So the majority of people that play CoD are under the age at which one needs to be to purchase the game? Sorry, but I don't follow your logic.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #48
KillTheft Gator

KillTheft Gator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
So the majority of people that play CoD are under the age at which one needs to be to purchase the game? Sorry, but I don't follow your logic.
Have you ever seen these parents? Their kids have no respect for them or anything else for that matter, and they get what they want. I will hate myself if my kids ever end up that way.

Also a good portion of smokers are under 18, how do you think that works?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:43 AM   #49
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillTheft Gator View Post
Have you ever seen these parents? Their kids have no respect for them or anything else for that matter, and they get what they want. I will hate myself if my kids ever end up that way.

Also a good portion of smokers are under 18, how do you think that works?
Still, I don't understand his logic. Sure, they make up a portion, but they certainly aren't the majority as he is implying.

You're right that a portion of smokers are under 18, but it would be ridiculous to say that the majority of a cigarette sales are from people under 18.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 AM   #50
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpwnr99 View Post
CoD may be more popular but that is because it is played by a bunch of kids that dont understand how classic games are great ad CoD is well CoD, ow I love the series have played all of them but it doesnt come close to THE best game ever. Like Rifle said, you cant have a best game EVER. Doesn't work that way. And im not a Halo Fanboy although I love the series more than CoD I have probobly played CoD more overall.
Just my 2 cents.
40 million kids combined didnt buy MW2 and Black Ops man, just because you beleive it that doesnt make it true. Also had you looked deeper I NEVER said CoD was the best game ever, I also did not create the thread. Had you looked i was trying to defend the OP's intention in stating that I beleive he was trying to say BO is the best CoD ever(you can see that i also disagreed with) not the best game ever.

Just for the record here is Last Weeks XBL activity CoD takes spots 1/2 and 10 thats pretty god damn amazing if you ask me.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6305831.html

Quote:
The week's top 10 list of Xbox Live games is below.
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
3. Halo: Reach
4. FIFA Soccer 11
5. NBA 2K11
6. Homefront
7. GTA IV
8. Dragon Age II
9. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Old 03-31-2011, 07:27 AM   #51
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chathams Finest View Post
Lets see, CoD has sold more copys than any other series ever. Has more players then any other game ever..except maybe Wow. Don't give me the doom is the grandfather bs, yeah been there played that. CoD is the best game franchise by the numbers period, love it or hate it.

Numbers doesnt mean much when it comes to how good a game is, just because Cod now finally reached ultimate fucking mainstream doesnt make it close to the best game ever.

Shen mue 2 didnt sell very good which prolly means no Shen mue 3, then why am i still waiting? because it sold bad its not a good game

And for even thinking about calling Cod the best game ever is just fucking sad overall, so i can only assume that you are either 15 or didnt own any of these Nes-Snes-Genesis-ps1-n64-Dreamcast

The thing that makes COD good is the weapons and the settings, but it has fucked up more then its done good aswell.

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #52
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_loel View Post
Numbers doesnt mean much when it comes to how good a game is

And for even thinking about calling Cod the best game ever is just fucking sad overall, so i can only assume that you are either 15 or didnt own any of these Nes-Snes-Genesis-ps1-n64-Dreamcast

but it has fucked up more then its done good aswell.
That doesn't make sense. If a game isn't good, then why would it receive billions of dollars in sales?

I'm an adult, I have played most of the above older consoles, I have played many orginal FPS games including Doom, and I think CoD is the best series ever. Now that I proved all of those points wrong, I must be an idiot then, right?

Okay, I'll bite. What has CoD fucked up? (waits in anticipation to see hilarious response)
Old 03-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #53
Seraph Xii

Seraph Xii iiX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwIsTeD mInD42 View Post
People that say Battlefield, Halo are better than cod, I won't say what I call these players, but my words aren't positive.
And you say you're not a fanboy? I can't even find the words to describe how stupid this thread is.

Seraph Xii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #54
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwIsTeD mInD42 View Post
People that say Battlefield, Halo are better than cod
The new Battlefield has a chance and for halo...pshhh

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #55
Sabre Captain

Mortal Kasey's Gamercard
Black ops is by far my favorite COD game to date. For my 2 cents worth...this is why. I am not a fan of vehicle FPS. I would rather have player vs player in a level playing field. Which I feel BO has down pat. However...I would have to say the least or most let down extension of this game...was the First Strike DLC. I didn't really care for the maps much. Not to say they weren't all bad...I do like 2 of them alot. And love the ascension zombie map.( I actually hated the zombie mode up until this map).
In all honesty...the best game by far for me personally was COD4 Modern Warfare. That had some of the most fun maps I have ever played on. If those maps were on BO...that would make my all time fav FPS already even better. I'm not a halo fan and not a Bad Company BF2 fan.
Sabre Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #56
Chathams Finest

Chathams Finest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_loel View Post
Numbers doesnt mean much when it comes to how good a game is, just because Cod now finally reached ultimate fucking mainstream doesnt make it close to the best game ever.

Shen mue 2 didnt sell very good which prolly means no Shen mue 3, then why am i still waiting? because it sold bad its not a good game

The thing that makes COD good is the weapons and the settings, but it has fucked up more then its done good aswell.
Lawl, oh boy going back to the "kid" line. Explain to me how any dreamcast/64/(s)nes game stacks up to any cod game? Graphics? game play? Dont give me this nostalgia bs, im glad you enjoyed mario good for you. Is a 64 Ford Mustang better than a 2011 Ford Mustang? No, it might be more sought after by a certain crowd, but by no means better. And Lol about made things worse..Open mouth, insert foot

Last edited by Chathams Finest; 04-03-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Chathams Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #57
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I believe it is the best FPS game. Halo, you can't ads which is a big turn off point for me. BF, I don't like the feel of the game. Homefront is good but has a ton of issues. So on and so on. Cod shooters are made like they know what they are. If that makes sense?

Quote:
Sp = mw2
mp = mw

. . .

MW2 single player was crappy. The AI were stupid. Your allies were named after kitchen supplies, and it was way to easy. Half of the actions the British did were pointless. Then the Americans are ALWAYS telling you to go do stuff...
RAMERIEZ! GET ME A SANDWICH!

On another note, I can not agree nor disagree with your cod4 statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #58
LawlCake1214

LawlCake1214's Gamercard
CoD best game ever? No. To me its too easy. Easy as hell to get kills and not really skillful, most games dont really take skill, but CoD is just for casuals. Got killstreaks and shit to hold your hand and if you're doing bad you get rewarded with "painkiller" (Mw2). Hopefully Battlefield 3 will shit and spit out CoD. It look amazing.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #59
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlCake1214 View Post
if you're doing bad you get rewarded with "painkiller" (Mw2).
Black Ops is the newest version and it doesn't have it...
Old 04-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #60
ScizX

ScizX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I believe it is the best FPS game. Halo, you can't ads which is a big turn off point for me. BF, I don't like the feel of the game. Homefront is good but has a ton of issues. So on and so on. Cod shooters are made like they know what they are. If that makes sense?

. . .

MW2 single player was crappy. The AI were stupid. Your allies were named after kitchen supplies, and it was way to easy. Half of the actions the British did were pointless. Then the Americans are ALWAYS telling you to go do stuff...
RAMERIEZ! GET ME A SANDWICH!

On another note, I can not agree nor disagree with your cod4 statement.
First of all I don't think BO is the best game ever (though it's GREAT!!), or even the best CoD (if you look at it in time that is), but I do want to say that the AI in the BO campaign was completely retarded, and it almost made me cry at how shitty it was implemented, Honestly, they wouldnt cover you for shit and while they werent covering you they would take the best cover spots...
Dead or Alive 4
Devil may Cry 4
ScizX is offline   Reply With Quote