PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #61
Denizens44

Guardsman Jacob's Gamercard
Crysis 2 can't compare to Call of Duty? Are you sure about that?

Thank you Audacious for the signature

Gamertag: Guardsman Jacob

Last edited by Denizens44; 04-04-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Denizens44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #62
Denizens44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFT 123 View Post
CoD is, by far, NOT the best game series ever created. While, yes, it may have had a few decent titles and lots of people may have bought it, but those people who bought it will only have bought it as they will be major fanboys of the series, and not see through the title as to what kind of game they are even playing.

Person above me made a good point about Spyro, and I honestly, hand on heart, agree with him. As a kid, I used to waste away hours upon hours on that series, and it just never got boring. I could replay the same level a hundered times, and still find enjoyment in the game. The only thing I regret about having an Xbox is that I'll never play a new title in the series.

Obviously though, the older games from past generations are usually going to be the most influential and best games, as most ideas for new games come from the past generations.
Are you saying everybody that bought it is a fanboy? Because I am not a fanboy, I play other games.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #63
LawlCake1214

LawlCake1214's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
Black Ops is the newest version and it doesn't have it...
I know. I was just pointing out the stupid stuff in CoD that makes it easy and the painkiller from Mw2 was mentioned.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #64
RFT 123

Big Beef Curry's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denizens44 View Post
Are you saying everybody that bought it is a fanboy? Because I am not a fanboy, I play other games.
No, I'm not necessarily saying that, as I do have it myself. But you will get a lot of people who will just see the words "Call of Duty" and instantly buy it. I was actually planning on not buying Black Ops, but I looked at a lot of videos and stuff about it online, and it swayed me. Still not really sure if it was a good choice or not.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #65
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizX View Post
First of all I don't think BO is the best game ever (though it's GREAT!!), or even the best CoD (if you look at it in time that is), but I do want to say that the AI in the BO campaign was completely retarded, and it almost made me cry at how shitty it was implemented, Honestly, they wouldnt cover you for shit and while they werent covering you they would take the best cover spots...
I don't think I mentioned black ops in my post once. So... why did you quote me??
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #66
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
But you will get a lot of people who will just see the words "Call of Duty" and instantly buy it.
That's what I do, but I'm not a CoD fanboy. If the game sucks, I'm not going to play it. The perfect example is MW2. Worst CoD to date. It's the only CoD that I sold before the next one came out.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #67
Denizens44

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfang1818 View Post
cod came out before halo was thought of
No, actually it didn't Halo came out in 2001. Call of Duty came out in 2003. [Facepalm]

Old 04-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #68
Denizens44

Quote:
No, I'm not necessarily saying that, as I do have it myself. But you will get a lot of people who will just see the words "Call of Duty" and instantly buy it. I was actually planning on not buying Black Ops, but I looked at a lot of videos and stuff about it online, and it swayed me. Still not really sure if it was a good choice or not.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was about to go insane due to the thought of me being a fanboy.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #69
L3git L4dle

L3git L4dle's Gamercard
In my opinion Call of duty is not the best shooter in any way. For the single player shooters, the Crysis series or possibly the Halo series. In terms of multiplayer, Team Fortress 2 is great (not the xbox version until they update it, if they ever do) and games of Halo online are usually less rage filled than call of duty.
L3git L4dle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #70
Blueprotoss
Banned User

Unwillingshadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlCake1214 View Post
CoD best game ever? No. To me its too easy. Easy as hell to get kills and not really skillful, most games dont really take skill, but CoD is just for casuals. Got killstreaks and shit to hold your hand and if you're doing bad you get rewarded with "painkiller" (Mw2). Hopefully Battlefield 3 will shit and spit out CoD. It look amazing.
CoD is easy to play while its hard to master. Don't forget that its easier to get kills inside a vehicle in Battlefield then using killstreaks in CoD. Btw you do know that "painkiller" was a deathstreak and was rewarded to bad players. I doubt that B3 aka MW3 would surpass CoD especially when CoD has held the title of best selling game for 2 years in a row. If graphics was a major issue then people would only own PCs and just play Crysis. Most of the videos showing off gameplay are usually the PC versions presented in HD because the PC version is the original version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizX View Post
Honestly, they wouldnt cover you for shit and while they werent covering you they would take the best cover spots...
It sounds like BO is the only CoD game that you have played because the AI has alyways been like that including the old days on unlimited enemies being spawned.

Quote:
That's what I do, but I'm not a CoD fanboy. If the game sucks, I'm not going to play it. The perfect example is MW2. Worst CoD to date. It's the only CoD that I sold before the next one came out.
I completely agree.

Last edited by Blueprotoss; 04-04-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Blueprotoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #71
Denizens44

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3git L4dle View Post
In my opinion Call of duty is not the best shooter in any way. For the single player shooters, the Crysis series or possibly the Halo series. In terms of multiplayer, Team Fortress 2 is great (not the xbox version until they update it, if they ever do) and games of Halo online are usually less rage filled than call of duty.
I completely agree with you.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #72
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3git L4dle View Post
I can't stand any of those games.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #73
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
I can't stand any of those games.
I have to agree. Of the other FPS games I've played, many are just annoying and I don't like how they play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #74
LawlCake1214

LawlCake1214's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
Btw you do know that "painkiller" was a deathstreak and was rewarded to bad players.
Yes, I am aware of painkiller being a deathstreak. But everyone who has played Mw2 has one way or another had painkiller activated atleast once. No matter how good you are. I get it a lot and I have a 2.00+ k/d. Once you have the painkiller on you're pretty much unstoppable for that 10 seconds.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #75
Starstrukk X360A

Nerdcrest's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
In terms of sales, yeah, unfortunately it's the best.

In terms of the game series itself..... far from it.

Follow me on the internet:

Starstrukk X360A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 AM   #76
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
MW2 was better
Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 AM   #77
Blueprotoss
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlCake1214 View Post
Yes, I am aware of painkiller being a deathstreak. But everyone who has played Mw2 has one way or another had painkiller activated atleast once. No matter how good you are. I get it a lot and I have a 2.00+ k/d. Once you have the painkiller on you're pretty much unstoppable for that 10 seconds.
Everyone does have it activated once in a while like being Spawn Camped, which that happened with me. The majority of the players use it are Bad players that use it as a replacement for Juggernaut in their perk line up, which its overpowered compared with Juggernaut anyways with the whole invincibilty for 10 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstrukk X360A View Post
In terms of sales, yeah, unfortunately it's the best.

In terms of the game series itself..... far from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs14 View Post
MW2 was better
Thats your Opinion while an explaination or reason comes with that Opinion of yours.

Last edited by Blueprotoss; 04-05-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:00 AM   #78
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
Thats your Opinion while an explaination or reason comes with that Opinion of yours.[/QUOTE]

Just thought the story was way better and more in depth. Love black ops online, but MW2 has way better maps. Thats just my opinion
Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #79
JON SPARTAN II7

halo 1 or final fantasy for me but everyone has their own ...it would be boring if we were all the same
JON SPARTAN II7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #80
Leone Phelps

Leone Phelps's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
No, call of duty is not the best shooter. There are many, many, many better shooters, as already mentioned. It wasn't the first, it was only influential for the control scheme, which I really am not in love with anyway, and the online always fills up with 12 year olds whose parents bought it for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Resolution
I find it mind-boggling that you openly admit to finding a crouching nut sack funny, call us all "vaginas" and then claim to be mature. .
LOL
Leone Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #81
StillTIPPIN187

The Sobriety's Gamercard

Thread is full of funny fanboys.

Black Ops sold off the success of IW and the MW brand..

Nothing else.. If the MW games had flopped, Black Ops would have to.

Engine is pure garbage compared to IWs in the MW games.. Treyarch is the Red Headed step-son to IW

MP is well balanced and great and all, but its very easy IMO.. and the SP is rankable in the Top 3.. But that stupid dark treyarch feel messes it up.

Blops belongs in the top 3 cod games right after MW and MW2.. But, i would accept anyone saying it is number 1, mostly because the MW games took a bit more work to handle tubers and campers and ppl exploiting perks.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #82
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTIPPIN187 View Post
Black Ops sold off the success of IW and the MW brand. Nothing else.. If the MW games had flopped, Black Ops would have to.

Engine is pure garbage compared to IWs in the MW games..

MP is well balanced and great and all, but its very easy IMO
Doesn't every CoD bank off of the success of the previous game? It sounds like you are saying that to bash Black Ops because Treyarch made it. If that's the case, the word fanboy comes to mind.

Haha, what's garbage about it? It has good graphics and handles the same as the other CoD games. I can't wait to hear your answer.

What's easy? To do well? If that's what you're saying, I completely disagree. They made it so you can't use cheap things like OMA/Noob tubes. So no, it isn't easy to do well, especially against a team that knows what they are doing.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #83
cldStrife7777

Master Knight 9's Gamercard
*SPOILER*

Disregarding what I think is the best game ever made, due to this being a Call of Duty forum, personally I think it is a tie between FF7, Chrono Cross, or Legend of Dragoon), when it comes to the actual storyline, Black Ops is pretty darn amazing. No other Call of Duties captured my attention and the split personality aspect, something I love especially in psychological thriller movies, with Reznov was great. Reznov was my favorite character from all COD's and seeing him again was fun. =]
cldStrife7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #84
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Doesn't every CoD bank off of the success of the previous game? It sounds like you are saying that to bash Black Ops because Treyarch made it. If that's the case, the word fanboy comes to mind..
Nope World at War didnt have the success the other 3 games in the franchise did.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #85
Blueprotoss
Banned User

Quote:

Engine is pure garbage compared to IWs in the MW games.. Treyarch is the Red Headed step-son to IW

MP is well balanced and great and all, but its very easy IMO.. and the SP is rankable in the Top 3.. But that stupid dark treyarch feel messes it up.

Blops belongs in the top 3 cod games right after MW and MW2.. But, i would accept anyone saying it is number 1, mostly because the MW games took a bit more work to handle tubers and campers and ppl exploiting perks.
Personally its filled with people with a clear picture while some of the people like you are Blind or Ignorant.

You could say that about every AAA title like Mario, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Halo, MoH, Rainbow 6, Street Fighter, and Half-Life to name a few.

Again that could be said about every AAA title while speculation doesn't work.

Thats your Opinion while the Engines in WaW and BO are better especially when people moan about Treyarch for no reason other then Fanboyism.

Again thats your Opinion especially when you're part of the Minority and don't forget that BO is #1 for Sale Records. Treyarch took away most of the power from Tubers and Campers by removing OMA. Btw you won't get rid of Campers especially when scoped weapons are in Shooters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
Nope World at War didnt have the success the other 3 games in the franchise did.
WaW didn't do well as the other CoD when it was released while WaW sales exploded when everyone unlocked Zombie Nazis and each map pack release. Either way WaW is a successful title especially when it was a close match to CoD4.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=call+of+duty&keyword=&console=&reg ion=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&r esults=50&order=Popularity

Last edited by Blueprotoss; 04-07-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #86
fax5jrj

fax5jrj's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwIsTeD mInD42 View Post
I'm not saying BO in particular although it's my favourite, I'm talking about the cod series being the best ever made. I know a lot will disagree and there are several faults with the cod games, there are numerous things that annoy us players, but it's better then any other shooter. Battlefield, Halo, Medal of Honor, recently Crysis, Homefront, they just can't compare to cod.

I'll admit it makes me angry, I get bored occasionally, but the cod games are better than any of games, and I doubt they'll ever be beaten.

I'm in no way a nerdy fanboy, I play several different games on the go, and I play about 6 hours of cod a week, only weekends usually. People that say Battlefield, Halo are better than cod, I won't say what I call these players, but my words aren't positive. Rejects of cod hate cod

Battlefield? Crysis? They both own Call of Duty in all ways. Halo is totally different, so you cannot compare them. Medal of Honor? From what I heard, yes. (Which surprises me because DICE made it.) Homefront? SP hell yeah. MP hell no.

You clearly don't have the maturity or common sense to even post. Why don't you go whine about it in TDM. Maybe your squeaker friends will comfort you.

(I am not a Halo fanboy. My sig is just of Halo because I thought is looked badass.)

Quote:
Doesn't every CoD bank off of the success of the previous game? It sounds like you are saying that to bash Black Ops because Treyarch made it. If that's the case, the word fanboy comes to mind.

Haha, what's garbage about it? It has good graphics and handles the same as the other CoD games. I can't wait to hear your answer.

What's easy? To do well? If that's what you're saying, I completely disagree. They made it so you can't use cheap things like OMA/Noob tubes. So no, it isn't easy to do well, especially against a team that knows what they are doing.
Honestly? The person you are quoting is right. Black Ops is so full of bullshit that I never encountered in COD4. However, I've barely played MW2. From what I hear, it's worse.

The gametype with the least amount of Bullshit is S&D. But when it does happen, it is rather frustrating. (In other words, I have small baldspots on the sides of my head from tearing it out, to put it dramatically.)

Last edited by fax5jrj; 04-07-2011 at 01:33 AM.
fax5jrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #87
Blueprotoss
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fax5jrj View Post
Battlefield? Crysis? They both own Call of Duty in all ways. Halo is totally different, so you cannot compare them. Medal of Honor? From what I heard, yes. (Which surprises me because DICE made it.) Homefront? SP hell yeah. MP hell no.

You clearly don't have the maturity or common sense to even post. Why don't you go whine about it in TDM. Maybe your squeaker friends will comfort you.

(I am not a Halo fanboy. My sig is just of Halo because I thought is looked badass.)
Battlefield and Crysis being better then CoD is Opinion especially when those two titles borrow heavily from CoD and comparing sale reords. Halo Reach is comparable to CoD because of Armor abilities, class system set up, and a faster gameplay while you can't say tha about the other Halo games. MoH is easily the most comparable because CoD was influenced by MoH while the reboot of MoH was influenced heavily from CoD. Thats not hard to beleive because DICE made Battlefield into CoD by making BC.

That guy was Mature especially when he is mainly a Neutral. The one that sounds like whining is you because you feel to be an Internet tough guy for no reason.

Your sig is cool while I didn't think you were a Fanboy anyway.
Quote:
Honestly? The person you are quoting is right. Black Ops is so full of bullshit that I never encountered in COD4. However, I've barely played MW2. From what I hear, it's worse.

The gametype with the least amount of Bullshit is S&D. But when it does happen, it is rather frustrating. (In other words, I have small baldspots on the sides of my head from tearing it out, to put it dramatically.)
Thats not True especially when every Online Shooter is filled with BS because of a couple things called a Community, Lag, and Hackers. If you played MW2 and didn't assume things then you wouldn't have said that.

If you're getting that frustrated then don't play S&D while its that simple.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:59 AM   #88
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Battlefield? Crysis? They both own Call of Duty in all ways.

Both of them are good, but the main reason I don't like them is how the game handles. The controls aren't as I would like them and they aren't as responsive as CoD, in my opinion.

No need for insults.

Well, I can't just know what kind of bullshit you are talking about. I can't think of any bullshit in Black Ops that isn't in every other CoD. You need to elaborate as to what you are talking about.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:08 AM   #89
ZacAttack159357

AtR ZacAttack's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs14 View Post
MW2 was better
can u please expand on this?
Quote:

WaW used CoD4 engine, and black ops used an improved version; i do not know what engine mw2 used but i doubt it was very different from CoD4, so they seem to be exactly the same, if i am wrong please correct me
30000 Gamerscore: A Knife to the Heart-50G (AC: Brotherhood)

GT: AtR ZacAttack

Last edited by ZacAttack159357; 04-07-2011 at 04:14 AM.
ZacAttack159357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #90
a888bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
To say Call of duty has had minimal influence is just stupid. Its had a massive affect on how console games are made and played, nearly most if not all console shooters now implement the killstreak and create a class systems implemented by Cod4. No console shooters had those before Cod4 we was made to play as a pre-set class.

Games devolopers strive to make better FPS games in order to get one up on CoD. In one of the new MoH's trailers there was a statement saying "The game to take Call Of Duty down" not Halo not Battlefield but CoD. The franchise has paved the way for devolopers to better themselves and make more solid FPS games.

Also without Doom there would no Call Of Duty and is the mother of the FPS, you forgetting Wolfenstein 3D?.... Without Call Of Duty, MoH, Half Life Etc. there would be no Halo fact.

Is CoD the best franchise? No, is Halo? No. Imo Half Life or MoH is the better (Not best) FPS franchise to date, without them we wouldn't be where we are today.
halo came out 2 years before cod but without cod it wouldn't exist

seems legit
a888bomb is offline   Reply With Quote