PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
BPBJessePMG

My kinect experience...

Warning I hate kinect. This is my rant. I have reasons to back up my beliefs. Please no trolling.

I have only played one kinect game, but owned two. I have to say though I hate it. Personally I hated it from the start, but hey I thought I'd give it a shot before I made judgement calls. Personally after owning a wii I hated motion control games and missed a controller, so that is why I got my first xbox: my xbox 360. Then they make a kinect and I was like this will ruin everything gaming is fundimently based on, but hey maybe they can make it work. I would never have bought it but my little brothers had gotten one for Christmas so I tried kicent adventures and quickly reliezed why my wii is gathering dust in my little brothers room. Maybe though kinect adventures was just not one of their better games. My little brothers birthday comes around and he is into dance so I get him dance central as a chance to redeem kinect. He played it 5 minutes and said it was to hard, let's get kictanimals. Reading the gamestop repceit (sorry if I've been spelling stuff wrong) saying you can return new items in seven days I go to switch. They tell me I only can if the game is broken and they only take it for 20 dollars so I lost 30 dollars and didn't get kincectanimals. At that point I completely give up on motion control and hopeful big name brands stick to controls.

Please don't yell at me for my opion. Personally I think the kinect technology wise is a pretty advanced for it's time but gaming wise needs to go away. I like all the weight losing stuff for it and it can be helpful but I can't see big name games going to it. I'm sorry if you disagree with me. Recommend me a game I'll give it a shot and maybe it will change my mind but from my experience (gamestopm is part to blame here) I doubt it. Let me here your experiences, hopefully they are better than mine.
BPBJessePMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
JeJans

Je Jans's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPBJessePMG View Post
Warning I hate kinect. This is my rant. I have reasons to back up my beliefs. Please no trolling.

I have only played one kinect game, but owned two. I have to say though I hate it. Personally I hated it from the start, but hey I thought I'd give it a shot before I made judgement calls. Personally after owning a wii I hated motion control games and missed a controller, so that is why I got my first xbox: my xbox 360. Then they make a kinect and I was like this will ruin everything gaming is fundimently based on, but hey maybe they can make it work. I would never have bought it but my little brothers had gotten one for Christmas so I tried kicent adventures and quickly reliezed why my wii is gathering dust in my little brothers room. Maybe though kinect adventures was just not one of their better games. My little brothers birthday comes around and he is into dance so I get him dance central as a chance to redeem kinect. He played it 5 minutes and said it was to hard, let's get kictanimals. Reading the gamestop repceit (sorry if I've been spelling stuff wrong) saying you can return new items in seven days I go to switch. They tell me I only can if the game is broken and they only take it for 20 dollars so I lost 30 dollars and didn't get kincectanimals. At that point I completely give up on motion control and hopeful big name brands stick to controls.

Please don't yell at me for my opion. Personally I think the kinect technology wise is a pretty advanced for it's time but gaming wise needs to go away. I like all the weight losing stuff for it and it can be helpful but I can't see big name games going to it. I'm sorry if you disagree with me. Recommend me a game I'll give it a shot and maybe it will change my mind but from my experience (gamestopm is part to blame here) I doubt it. Let me here your experiences, hopefully they are better than mine.
First of, how old are you´re brother? I agree that motion gaming probably isn´t something for everyone. I personally thinks that kinect adventure is a good start and a okey game if you play with friends. Dance central is just awsome imo, but depending on how old you and you´re brother are it can be to hard yes. I don´t know if i can suggest a game for you atm, i love your shape but it´s a fitnessgame and if you´re not got a positive attitude towards gaining achievements in real life it won´t be much fun for for you. I would say you should but Kinect Sports. I think it´s easy enough for anybody and you can have fun with it even if you´re 5 yo or 99.
JeJans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Well sounds to me like you dont like kinect because you lost money because of your brother.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I just ordered Kinect and I think I'm going to really enjoy it.

Lets face it though, it's still early days so not a lot of developers have gotten in to the frame of mind of 'creating motion games' have they now? Though you have got the likes of Forza who are bringing out the fourth installment for Kinect (able to look at the cars inside and out, move around etc) which is a good start.

You have to give things like these time..

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
BPBJessePMG

I know what you mean but I just don't see how big name games like CoD, Halo, Gears, Elderscrolls, etc can be made kinect capatable, and what I'm afraid of is these games are going to try and to more causal gamers it works, so the companies stick with it. I will admit my kinect experience is a little unfair and more gamestops fault (or mine for not understanding the reciect) but with out contollors like the wii or move have I dont see how kinect can work other then silly mini games, dance games, etc. Maybe in the future add-on equipment is the only logical thing I can see like guns for shooters and swords for dynasty warriors and elder scrolls with anolog sticks attach but then it's just more money to waste on it. Maybe it is still way too early in kinects life for me to judge but there is my opinion. I kind of hope they make it work. Playing an RPG would feel even more realistic then.

Sorry if first post was an unfair reasoning or if you misunderstood but that was my experience.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #6
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
I was just putting my point forward, Kinect is still young yet and will grow in the next couple of years. Big titles I am sure will make there way on to it I am sure, but the way in which they do this will have to be thought out carefully. I doubt they will go as far as putting RPG's on to it as they will need a controller, but shooters (decent ones) will come on to Kinect in the next few years time.

Otherwise there would have been no point of creating Kinect, if they keep doing casual games such as dance or mini-games it will just be like a better version of the Wii, really no point in competing when the Wii has titles such as Madworld and House of the Dead etc. Kinect was made with a purpose in mind, in the next 10 years we should see a few good titles be brought out for this... and good titles I am sure.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
BPBJessePMG

Sorry if I seem like I was putting down your opinion. I wasn't trying to be mean, and actually I know what you mean and when you are saying "Otherwise there would have been no point of creating Kinect" are you saying if they add controllers? Also I can see some shooters but I don't see how you can move your character without the analog stick. I'm not trying to start a fight so please don't take this the wrong way I am actually enjoying this discussion so sorry if I am coming off as a jerk.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Quote:
Sorry if I seem like I was putting down your opinion. I wasn't trying to be mean, and actually I know what you mean and when you are saying "Otherwise there would have been no point of creating Kinect" are you saying if they add controllers? Also I can see some shooters but I don't see how you can move your character without the analog stick. I'm not trying to start a fight so please don't take this the wrong way I am actually enjoying this discussion so sorry if I am coming off as a jerk.
Nah it's okay, beats talking to some people on here, they just look for an argument.

What I was trying to say was Microsoft wouldn't try and challenge the Wii in the motion market if there was no intention on creating better games than what the Wii currently has. So I'm guessing they are going to save the 'big guns' until Kinect has matured a little.

I guess you could in some form, there are always gadgets you could buy (similar to wii) but obviously which would work better with Kinect's motion sensor capabilities.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:41 AM   #9
BPBJessePMG

I agree but maybe I jumped the gun on judgement. Also this is solo play because all my friends are too cheap to go buy it. Then again I only got it through my brothers. By the way to respond to earlier post the are in middle school. I want to say 12 and 13.

Big question here, is kinect sports any good. I remember first getting my wii and wii sports was probley the best game I had played. I had over 2000 scores in all the games. Ashamed they didn't have achievements for that. Or in general. So my question is kinect sports the wii sports of kinect?
Old 03-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #10
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Quote:
Big question here, is kinect sports any good. I remember first getting my wii and wii sports was probley the best game I had played. I had over 2000 scores in all the games. Ashamed they didn't have achievements for that. Or in general. So my question is kinect sports the wii sports of kinect?
I got this today with my bundle and I've been playing it all morning, I love it. Much more varied than Wii Spots; football, table tennis, volleyball, track and field etc.

They also have a bunch of mini games relating to each main sport, so you can never get bored and the achievements for those can be really tough as the mini-games speed up as you play! Exciting stuff in all honesty, yet to play it with more players than just myself but I will try that later tonight hopefully!