First impressions

Herr Shaun

So far I'm loving DW7. At first, I noticed a bit of choppiness in the framerate (compared to DW6's 60 FPS), and the new mechanics are taking a bit of getting used to. The framerate issue is now barely noticeable amidst all the action. The Story Mode is freaking fantastic and very engaging. I haven't tried the Conquest modes or anything yet.

I'm having a ton of fun. How is everyone else liking it?

I started with the Wu storyline, and the opening battle was awesome. I like how they integrated the cutscene into the game so it's a smooth transition. The fighting style is MUCH better than DW6 and I'm loving the feel of the classic combo system of the older DW games. The weapon change system is a bit weird, but it's a nice addition to the game and opens up for more combo possibilities and variety.

My only complaint thus far is the way names are pronounced. They pronounced Sun Jian "soon-g-an-n" instead of the "soon-g-on" that I'm use to since DW2 lol. I hope the other names haven't been butchered up too :(

Overall though, 20 minutes into it, I'm loving it.

My only complaint thus far is the way names are pronounced.

I'd Have to agree with that, Sun Quan is another one they screwed with. In DW6 is was (soon-quan) and in dw7 its (soon-jewan) or something close to that. It also happened with Dong zhou, but I found this one a little funny, sinse its pronounced now (Dong Zhewa).

Overall though, the game is fantastic

Yeah the pronunciation of the names is getting alittle annoying but if I remember right the way they are pronounced now is the correct. My brother took a history class in college that focused on ancient China and he mentioned that the way that some of the names were pronounced in the old games weren't correct. Like Cao Cao being pronounced Cow Cow instead of Sow Sow. But besides that and some really over the top hairdos (Xiahou Dun... what happened to you) the game is great.

Ok, about 3 1/2 hours into it now and only at the battle for the Wu territory part of the story. I'm REALLY impressed at how lengthy the story is thus far, assuming they go all the way to the end of the Three Kingdoms' eras now. I also really like how they integrate the cutscenes into the game and how they transition into the stage perfectly, it's a really nice touch. I'm still trying to get use to all the weapons and the weapon change system, but so far, it's a really nice system and opens up a lot. Although I can see where people are coming from when they complain about how the moves are essentially the same aside from EX attacks.

Overall, very very awesome game thus far. I'm extremely pleased and impressed at the work KOEI did for this entry after the failure that was DW6. Can't wait to try out the Jin Kingdom!

Also, for the names, it's not a matter of what right or wrong. To me, the reason it bothers me is the fact that I've been playing since DW2 over a decade ago and I've been accustomed to the way they use to be said. It's all fine that they're pronounced correctly now, but I just can't shake the feeling of awkwardness when they pronounce the names of characters that I've grown so attached to my whole life lol.

I'm not really sure how far into the game I am now. I've started as Wei and I'm about 5 missions or so into it. I'm really enjoying the game so far. There is a little learning curve compared to the older games and it kinda throws you off as soon as you start, but it quickly comes back to you once you get used to the new looks and a slight change in feel.

A friend got me into playing these games back on the PS2. I watch him play for about 5 minutes and said it looked pretty cheesy. Later that night I decided to give it a try and spent about 9 hours straight playing it. I've been a fan ever since.

I'm glad the difficulty isn't quite as aggressive as DW6 was. I kinda like the idea of a hack and slash that's fairly mindless. DW6 required you to really pay attention event at lower difficulty levels else you might end up dead.

I'm going to see how it turns out, but so far my only complaint is that you can't choose your characters in story mode thus far. I'm sure that Conquest will be different. It's still a little strange though.

I really want to pick this game up havent had the chance to play it since dw on the ps2 (I forget which number game it was apologies) it looks great from what Ive seen would like to ask if it has a character creator similar to the one I played on the ps2? alos apologies if its a noobie question and also for bad grammar :p

I'm not sure if they do character creation anymore. I haven't noticed it in a while, however I've always liked the pre-built characters myself.

You can do some weapon customizing, such as you can give a bow and arrow to Cao Cao if you like. Each character doesn't have a set weapon that they always have to use.

ok the weapon customizing sounds good will still pick it up like thanks ^^b