PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Crysis 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #31
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Think I'm done on the guide!

Over the last few days I've added a fair bit of info. Supersoldier achievement now has what best upgrades to buy, so I recommend using them if you want a smooth right!

I think I've added a fair few locations on where to grab the 'microwave' gun. So look out for them as most are near the end of the game!

I've updated most of the MP achievements with much better info. I've gained all achievements in the MP now, so I've had a good time to look at everything in detail and add it to the guide.

If there is anything else you guys think may need to be added or fixed just let me know, but I'm quite happy with the outcome!

Happy hunting!

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 04-03-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #32
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Will be using this when I start the singleplayer, its looking good so great job!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #33
kog2902

Caoinan's Gamercard
Has no one realized some of the map names are wrong
kog2902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #34
IceeDesertEagle

IceeDesertEagle's Gamercard
I think this waiting 6 month thing has been discussed a lot and I have figured out why it could be less than March 23rd to September 23rd. I think people are saying that Crysis is considering a month 30 days and they aren't taking in to consideration that some months have 31 days. I think it makes sense and I think it would be much more difficult to program the game to count months as there actual length instead of just a basic 30 days.
IceeDesertEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #35
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceeDesertEagle View Post
I think this waiting 6 month thing has been discussed a lot and I have figured out why it could be less than March 23rd to September 23rd. I think people are saying that Crysis is considering a month 30 days and they aren't taking in to consideration that some months have 31 days. I think it makes sense and I think it would be much more difficult to program the game to count months as there actual length instead of just a basic 30 days.
It's way easier to program months versus 30 day periods.

The game has to save your original save date. (03/22/11). It then unlocks the achievement when the month that you originally played on increases by 6, so (09/22/11). That's a few lines of code. Otherwise, it would need to count (6x30) 180 days from the day you started, which makes less sense to me at least.

I'll be signing in on september 22nd. You can discuss however you like, but if I'm proven wrong, I don't really care, that just means that Crytek are tool bags who don't know how to count months properly.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #36
AreUPokey

AreUPokey's Gamercard
Let me throw an alternate suggestion in the 6 months debate.
Crytek may simply be using the general month distinction as opposed to specific days. So if you play any day in the month of March the game considers that month 1. Six months later is September. In this scenario you would simply need to login on September 1st to be counted as having played 6 months later.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #37
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
TBH, there's no way I'm going to know if I've/we've got the right description until the time comes!

All I'm going to do is take all theories under my wing and try them! So I'm going to log in on Sept 1st, the 23rd and the 25th depending on when it unlocks! I'm then safe guarding myself.

Doing the way you think is the right way would be a silly thing to do unless the truth behind it all came out. Saying it'll be silly for Crytek to do it this way may lose you the achievement at the end of the day!

Be clever and safe and do it on all 3 possible dates it may unlock! I'm going to edit that into the guide to make it clear!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #38
TRICKY1976

Send a message via ICQ to TRICKY1976 Send a message via MSN to TRICKY1976

TRICKY1976's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

Great guide Nozza cheers

TRICKY1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #39
Resident Jesus

Resident Jesus's Gamercard
I don't know if it was overlooked, or if you simply don't need to unlock it. But what about the Flashbang? Do you need to unlock it for the cheevo?
Resident Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #40
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident Jesus View Post
I don't know if it was overlooked, or if you simply don't need to unlock it. But what about the Flashbang? Do you need to unlock it for the cheevo?
I though the flash bang was automatically unlocked?

If not then yes. To get the achievement you must buy EVERYTHING that was originally locked!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #41
Resident Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I though the flash bang was automatically unlocked?

If not then yes. To get the achievement you must buy EVERYTHING that was originally locked!
Unless the game hates me, it's locked from the start

Thanks for clarifying.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #42
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Flashbang (Nova 17 or something) is locked at the start.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #43
Resident Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Flashbang (Nova 17 or something) is locked at the start.
"M34 Flash Bang (Concussion Grenade)"
Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #44
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Well I've added it in. I think because it actually unlocked with the default classes it was a bit confusing.

I've completed the game except for 2 achievements, So I've think I've got all possible information down. Unless there's anything minor I think its done!

Thanks for all the help!

[Guide submitted]
Old 04-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #45
MasterOfDimac

MasterOfDimac's Gamercard
Before I say anything great guide

I've kinda put my self in a hard position, I'm trying to get jack of all trades, I only need the Instant action win, but I'm level 24 and kinda finding it tough to win a game as most are full and have pretty high level players. In hind sight I should have played when I was low level in the beginners type match. Anyone know if private match wins count??

edit: private matches don't count as far as I can see, and lucky enough after posting this I won an instant action,lmao

Last edited by MasterOfDimac; 04-06-2011 at 08:47 PM.
MasterOfDimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #46
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDimac View Post
Before I say anything great guide

I've kinda put my self in a hard position, I'm trying to get jack of all trades, I only need the Instant action win, but I'm level 24 and kinda finding it tough to win a game as most are full and have pretty high level players. In hind sight I should have played when I was low level in the beginners type match. Anyone know if private match wins count??

edit: private matches don't count as far as I can see, and lucky enough after posting this I won an instant action,lmao
Yeah I stated in the Roadmap that they can't be gained in a PM (best to read it before you start the game), but I've now added this:

Quote:
These cannot be gained by playing in a Private Match.
To each achievement it'll relate to.

-----------

There seems to be 2 glitches going around at the moment. So I've now added in the 'Glitches' part to the Roadmap. So please read it before you proceed.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 04-07-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #47
II PETCH II

II PETCH II's Gamercard
Thanks Nozza, Great guide!
II PETCH II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #48
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
Nozza x360a

i got the TRY ME achievement on 4/2/11.

if i play multiplayer just to get the DOGS TAGS, say 4/13/11, does that reset from 4/2/11 to 4/13/11 or what.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #49
stig360

PlaayFuuL's Gamercard
Guide was really useful, I will have the game finished soon. It was overrated but I didn't mind it.
stig360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #50
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
maximun module, what is the "max level" some people have said 3 but it sure looks like there are 6 unhighlited blockes under each.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #51
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Great guide but for the Sempa fi or die achievement can you add how many marines you have to have alive at the end to get the achievement?

Thank you Audacious for the sig
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #52
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

i think its 4, just run ahead of them and do your best
Old 04-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #53
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
maximun module, what is the "max level" some people have said 3 but it sure looks like there are 6 unhighlited blockes under each.
I think it is 3. I know there's un-highlighted ones, but after you get 3 they're just extras I think. I got it once I reached the 3rd bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
Great guide but for the Sempa fi or die achievement can you add how many marines you have to have alive at the end to get the achievement?
I don't actually play the game anymore so I wouldn't know. To my knowledge I'm guessing there's about 2 you need to really make sure that they don't die and they're both right at the bottom fighting.

Though it could be just the one guy who's no the turret. if he dies, then restart! The guys you start off with should be able to handle themselves but don't take anything for granted!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #54
TheToiletBrush

TheToiletBrush's Gamercard
In your Modern Art description, you talk about the dog tags taken from in-game opponent kills. These do not count towards the 150 tags to unlock this achievement, these in-game pick ups only count towards "The Collector".

LOOKING FOR BOOSTING PARTNERS: Singularity, Wolfenstien, F.E.A.R. 2, Crysis 2, Frontline: Fuel of War, Call of Juarez, Prey, Turning Point, The Darkness
TheToiletBrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #55
redsmoke7

redSmoke7's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide
Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #56
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToiletBrush View Post
In your Modern Art description, you talk about the dog tags taken from in-game opponent kills. These do not count towards the 150 tags to unlock this achievement, these in-game pick ups only count towards "The Collector".
The description:

Quote:
To unlock the Mystery set you need to collect in match Dog Tags from your downed opponents. Once you've collect some, the figure will be shown in the bottom right corner of the Mystery tab. When you have some to unlock some Displays, simple hoover over a tile and press A to reveal and unlock it.
No where in there do I say the Dog Tags you get from downed opponents go towards the achievement. I do say collecting them can be used to get new DTD's that then goes towards the achievement, but nothing about them specifically going towards it.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #57
TheToiletBrush

TheToiletBrush's Gamercard
Then what you wrote was not clear.

LOOKING FOR BOOSTING PARTNERS: Singularity, Wolfenstien, F.E.A.R. 2, Crysis 2, Frontline: Fuel of War, Call of Juarez, Prey, Turning Point, The Darkness
TheToiletBrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #58
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToiletBrush View Post
Then what you wrote was not clear.
I haven't changed it since I originally made the guide. Its clear and with no mistakes...

I'll break it down for you:

To unlock a Mystery Dog Tag Displays (DTDs) you need to obtain downed enemy Dog Tags while you play online. Once you've acquired one, the total will be shown in the bottom right hand corner. If you've grabbed one DT then you have one to unlock a Display.

Collecting the in match Dog Tags (from downed enemies, by your gun) do not go towards the achievement 'Modern Art'. I think you're either not realising that the Dog Tags and Dog Tag Displays are two completely different things or just not reading it correctly.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 04-19-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #59
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

So can someone post exactly what levels do you get unlock points.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #60
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
So can someone post exactly what levels do you get unlock points.
What do you mean by 'points'. Question doesn't make sense...