PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Prince of Persia
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
daninthemix

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So, Epilogue was the trainwreck we all knew it would be

What a great idea - take the very shittest aspects of a fairly poor game, and amplify them into DLC.

I can only hope that developers feature in this year's Darwin awards.

Last edited by daninthemix; 06-01-2009 at 09:51 PM.
daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
KNUCKS x360a

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
That cack huh?

I DL'd it the day it dropped - played for about 30 secs - then buried it again!!

At least now i know not to expect too much other than 250 points!
KNUCKS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
Wavemaster

Wavemaster Ed's Gamercard
My thoughts exactly.. I actually enjoyed the game up till the most crappy ending in game history... But i thougt that the DLC (because its name..) would make the bad taste go away and give the ending I could live with... After two of the most frustrating hours of my life I came to the conclusion that it only gets worse... Its a shame to see this kind of uninspired game making
Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
JamKaBlam

JamKaBlam's Gamercard
Ehh i didn't find the DLC as bad as you guys are saying but it definitely wasn't fantastic. It did fill in the craptacular ending but my main gripes with it were:

1. Dark and grungy. The best part of Prince Of Persia was transforming the world into colour and seeing things the way they were meant to be. The DLC was one long blue/grey grog fest.
  2. The boss fights. One boss was just a remix of a previous boss and the final segement was just a rehash of the ending to the retail game.
After that though i still enjoyed it. I liked the main game so i was a sucker for the DLC and enjoyed that too, except those two points i mentioned.

RE-GOD DAMN-LOADING!

JamKaBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
KNUCKS x360a

Thumbs down Killed the Franchise

Well i finally put PoP back in to try out/finish the DLC again.... now i know why i buried it.
I rarely ever post negative views on games but i'm sorry, i just have to say it....

They killed the Game, then they desecrated the grave with this DLC...
I remember thinking the main game was cheap for using the SAME boss over & over, & with a stroke of amazing creativity, they've done Exactly the same again with this. I'm not even done with it & i must have fought the Warrior King/Hunter & Mourning King combo boss 4 -5 times already (oh sorry, i mean the shapeshifter, cos thats different, honest..)
I CANT WAIT for this playthrough to be over so i can get my points and delete this trash from my HDD...

To anyone thinking of buying this, Dont.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
LausDomini

LausDomini's Gamercard
I usually keep my cool while playing video games, but this epilogue drove me insane. I wanted all 250 points, so I reloaded when I would get saved, which generally happened within 10 seconds of the latest reload.

Much longer paths without solid ground, usually finished off with either a blob of corruption that I couldn't see that just ate me or requiring a gauntlet slide down a wall to get to a plate or ring you cannot see until you've tried double-jumping multiple times into thin air, expecting to be able to see the next obstacle, and finally just hoping that it's below you. All of this happened at once when going for the 4th fresco for 75 minutes, only to reload thirty times to an inexplicable checkpoint much earlier than where you saved.

The achievement requiring reload-mania killed this game for me. There is no reload option. It takes 45 seconds to back out, load up the Bonus menu, load the Epilogue menu, select Load Game, choose a file, and wait, wait, wait for the reload. Then it may put you at a checkpoint before an unskippable cutscene that you have already watched.

And the final shapeshifter fight. I didn't like the fighting in this game because the Prince moves based on how the opponent attacks and not really based on controller input, and speaking of controller input, you often do not want to press the button on screen when it tells you, anyways, so while I am trying to retreat to open a closed gate I am getting thrown about, only to have to knock the Warrior off a ledge four or five times because he is only a nuisance in preparation for the Hunter who will not go off the ledge. Finally victorious, I save, do some acrobatics only to get eaten by a blob like always, reload, and have to do the entire boss fight again. Terrible.

After a couple days I will probably look upon Prince of Persia fondly as a fun game, because I need to block out the frustration of that epilogue playthrough. If you have the time, don't worry about the 20-deaths or 2-hour achievements until a second playthrough. It may actually work out to about the same amount of time as my one long fustrating one.
LausDomini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:59 AM   #7
ScottC1s

ScottC1s's Gamercard
I don't want to buy the Epilogue but I really want to know how the story ends. Can anyone tell me via message or on the forums here? Thanks ^_^
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 AM   #8
KNUCKS x360a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottC1s View Post
I don't want to buy the Epilogue but I really want to know how the story ends. Can anyone tell me via message or on the forums here? Thanks ^_^
The Epilogue is literally, a stretched out version of the End of the game...

Mourning King kicks off.....
Ahriman's free & getting stronger.....
Bitch is alive again - Prince is still a chump...
The bosses are EXACTLY the same as the game...

So at the End of the Epilogue, its all the same as the main story...
Old 04-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #9
ScottC1s

ScottC1s's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka KNUCKL3S View Post

So I take it that in the end you don't stop Ahriman and he is now free and now your just trying to escape the palace? Is it set up for a part two?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #10
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
From this advice I am staying away from the DLC...
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #11
CytotoxNic

I have compleated the game (didn't get all the achievements) and have traded it in, do you need the game to play the epilogue?
CytotoxNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #12
titan4

RocketTitan's Gamercard
Yes you need original game, but if you want to play it because of achievements...trust me it is not worth it.
titan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #13
EEMIV

Thought I'd throw in my two cents here: yup, this was annoying. I found the Warrior to be the most annoying enemy in the original game; his presence, and having to line him (and then the final boss!) up against a ledge juuuust so, then tip him over, repeatedly, is old hat. The first time in PoP, there was a sense of satisfaction at figuring it out; at this point, it's just a chore.

Ditto, two, the bit about long stretches of jumping and invisible rings and opposite walls -- it went from being a fun game to just memorizing button pushes to get to the next waypoint. Add onto that the <20 saves achievement? Yeesh. This is one DLC I have absolutely zero interest in replaying; doing it was once was a supreme act of frustration, not gameplay.
EEMIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #14
Oinkness

Oinkness's Gamercard
So I'm not getting the DLC but seriously, that is all the more they did with the ending? Are you serious?
Oinkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:47 AM   #15
kakuzu745

Kakuzu745's Gamercard
lol.....wow i didnt think the DLC was as bad as u guys described. Hopefully it will eventually get a huge 50% off or something cuz id like to 1250/1250 the game :S

Last edited by kakuzu745; 06-11-2009 at 03:50 AM.
kakuzu745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #16
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
I've at some point gotta force myself to play this DLC again to get the last 2 Achievements, I know the not let any enemies spawn one is going to be a complete bitch ... can't wait lol.
I really hated this DLC though ... Just frustration after frustration ...
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:10 AM   #17
R6soldier

R6soldier's Gamercard
i guess its not worth 800msp...maybe if it goes on sale i'll try the DLC
Old 06-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #18
TheDeadspace

Dr Deadspace's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
If i'd bought the retail game, I would have waited for the DLC to be on sale before I bought it. As it was, I only had a rental, so I wanted to get 100% before it had to go back.

Still, very disappointing.

XBLA/WP7 Games Completed (47)

Now Playing - Darksiders (430/1000), Arkham Asylum GOTY (PC) (235/1000) Diablo 3 - 975/1000
TheDeadspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:15 AM   #19
superink

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNUCKS x360a View Post

100% agreed, you said what i wanted to say exactly.

I can't figure it out why this game is so high-rated, the story sucks, the characters are so dull, the whole gameplay is so repetitive, combat system sucks as well, and a general letdown is NO ending! well the only thing that didn't make me sick is the graphics.

I am so regretful for wasting the 800 MSP on this Epilogue crap, even I have 1250/1250 for this game. I would say this game is for those who bargain for the cheap 1250 points. I hope I won't be captivated by other high rated but factually crappy games from now on.
superink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:10 AM   #20
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I read the reviews for the DLC and while I love the retail game, it sounds like the DLC isn't really worth another $10, nor is it really anything special. Apparently from the sound of this thread, it is not $10 well spent. Is it really worth avoiding?
What I sort of loved about PoP was that it was sort of a relaxing, flowy, minimal-effort kind of game. It sort of gave off a zen feeling. If it's more frustrating and annoying, it sounds like I won't have a good relaxing time anymore.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:37 AM   #21
suko

Suko Suikoden's Gamercard
The worst part for me was the speed kills, some times i had to reload 40 ot 50 times because they would spawn as soon as I landed. This DLC has made me hate the game.

suko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #22
bunny survivor

Zombie Chimaira's Gamercard
I had no intention of downloading the dlc but now I'm even more certain to give it a very wide berth. I thougtht PoP might be a little like Assassins creed in some respects with the free running and climbing and that, but this game literally made me fucking cry with stress. It made me so frustrated at some points where you spend absolutely ages climbing or sliding down only to mess it up near the end and have to go back 3 minutes worth of paly to start the whole thing again!
Nearly got the whole lot of achievements though as I am bearing with it, but the light seed glitch will most prob get me so more annoyance will insue lol
bunny survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #23
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Wow. Amazing the hate people had for the DLC. I thought it was decent. Definitely better than most of the shit DLC we get these days.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #24
Jabbawocky

Jabbawocky2004's Gamercard
Seriously I've just finished the DLC and wow, I didn't think that the main game was to bad but this really made it sink in my estimation. It took all the really cheap shot which would ocasionally come in the main game and packaged them in a <2 hour package. The amount of times I died from corruption I couldn't see, areas I couldn't have possibly know I was mean to wall slide down and wall jumps that were overly picky to when I pressed the button.

Jabbawocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #25
samjustsam

sam just sam's Gamercard
i sure am dissapointed to hear that most everyone on here didnt like the game or dlc cuse i just bought both yesterday. i will still try the game and the dlc if i finish the game. i got the game for only 30 bucks new and the dlc cuse it was on sale for 7 bucks. i hope the game and dlc are atleast worth what i spent on them.
anyone know how to unlock the assassins creed outfit for the game? thats one of the main reasons i got it.
samjustsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #26
Jabbawocky

Jabbawocky2004's Gamercard
I think your priorities are wrong if a main reason for buying a game was an extra costume. lol.

Jabbawocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #27
samjustsam

sam just sam's Gamercard
yep i know. lol but i liked the game tho. i got the altair costume. i actually have all the costumes now.
epilogue was a pain in the ass tho, now trying to get those runner chievos.
samjustsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:35 AM   #28
smudgedhorizon

smudged horizon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Wow I really wish I had read this before I bought the dlc.

I'm really enjoying the game so far though (admittedly Im not very far into it yet. Will definitely edit this with my thoughts on the dlc when I finally reach that part.

TrueAchievements | Raptr | 360Voice

BT Progress 42.00%: Edge:53% Reimi:31% Faize:33% Lymle:49%
Bacchus:48% Meracle:30% Sarah:28% Myuria:44% Arumat:62%
smudgedhorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #29
tfangz

tfangzz's Gamercard
I actually didnt think it was that terrible. But I do think that it might not really be the ending, this is just leading up to the real ending which might be a new game or a new DLC.

But what I really wondered is why the hell is this guy "the prince of persia?" not much detail was explained as to why he's the prince where as all the previous ones were actual prince(s). I do hope they will explain it in the one coming up
tfangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #30
GrindingFarmer

Send a message via AIM to GrindingFarmer Send a message via MSN to GrindingFarmer

edureboucas's Gamercard
Plus I did everything right, saving before every stretch of platforming, and still did not get the achievement for being saved less than 20 times... sigh
GrindingFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote