PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Shift 2: Unleashed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #61
luccaslm

HumpedMarinho's Gamercard
I need someone to do the achievement "Im Going To Hollywood" anyone interested in making me ADD

GT: HumpedMarinho
luccaslm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #62
41inuyasha

XD41INUYASHA's Gamercard
message to all

I am currently raising the difficulty level to a 7. People want it to be a 9. The game is hard, but not hard enough for a 9. The reason I am raising it is becuase the game has issues. It does difficulty depending on which vehicle you use. It can be easy and also impossible depending on what you use. Some of the corners are also very very very picky to master. Also do to the fact the driver duel championship acheivement alone will take much frustration and time do to the difficulty of finding races, having a 7 win streak, and the fact that people are dirty racers.

Thank you all for using my guide and helping anyone with advice.
41inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #63
41inuyasha

XD41INUYASHA's Gamercard
My next guide

Becuase of all of your support with my first guide. I will be making a guide for BRINK. You wont have to wait weeks for a guide. It will be up within 1 to 2 days after release.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #64
MrMascal4

Mr Mascal 77's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
All in all, this game is a very easy 1000G.
That is why you already have a 1000G on this game.
200,000 gamerscore on November 19th 2011.
300,000 gamerscore on December 31st 2012.

http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/Mr%20Mascal%2077
http://www.trueachievements.com/Mr+Mascal+77.htm
MrMascal4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #65
Sweating Bullets

Can this please be stickied?

Man I am terrible at this game. I have gotten like only one race where I finished 1st. Normally I am 2nd or 3rd and the lead car is waaaay out ahead of me
Sweating Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #66
Master SS x360a
Banned User

X360 GS Legend's Gamercard
I think this game difficulty is right,because Carbon is more difficult and challenging and has got only 6.If you give 7 at shift 2,where 900 and more g are medium-easy,at Carbon you must do 9 or 10,because level 50 and Prize Cards are extremely difficult and long
Master SS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #67
Furnace Inferno

Furnace Inferno's Gamercard
I'm about to write a guide for the driver duel championship for legit drivers in the other thread so i will post it in here as well in case you want to add it
Furnace Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #68
Furnace Inferno

Furnace Inferno's Gamercard
Ok, i thought i should right a guide for this if anyone wants to do it legit as i've helped 5 guys boost up by racing myself, i don't think i've lost a race against anyone in the DD for about 50 races now and got to mock plenty of rammers on my dummy accounts .

Anyway i will just break it down in to a per round guide so you know what to expect in the races and which tracks to be wary of rammers/cheaters.

So:

Round 1
Car: You will either get a stock D/C or with upgrades
Track: Always on one of the oval tracks

Round 2
Car: Same as round one except you might get a NO2 upgrade, if you do, make sure to use it off the start line to build up a good lead, remember you only have 1 lap to win so don't worry about over doing it.
Track: Shorter circuits like Cataluyna Club, Suzuka East, Autopolis short etc. Be careful of Riviera short as people will try and take you out on the 1st hairpin.

Round 3
Car: Always a Toyota Supra, however you will either get a slightly upgraded version or very upgraded version, the latter of the two handles like crap and slides all over the place, so requires good throttle control to remain in a straight line. Just like Rnd 2 you may also get NO2 so make sure you use it, most people don't.
Track: Sam as round 2 with a few longer tracks scattered in like Nurburgring Sprint and Cataluyna National. On these two tracks specifically people can and will cheat with no repercussions.

The 1st corner on Nurburgring and Catalunya are big ramming spots so either hit an early apex but staying out wide and quickly cutting in or brake late and completely straight and wait for them to fly up the inside and miss before turning in for a late apex.

On the final chicane on Nurburgring people can cut on the left side without penalty and carry enough speed to the final corner that the 5 second penalty does nothing you gain about 4-5s, so watch out for people who might try or just avoid the track all together. The same with Cataluyna, the right turn which leads into the chicane you can just drive straight onto the slip road and carry enough speed that the penalty doesn't effect you.

Quarter-Finals
Car: Always a BMW M1 Procar so just try it out and get used to it's handling.
Track: A few longer tracks, mainly street circuits and ambush canyon. The riviera track that looks like a U/N is one to be careful/avoid as it is easy to get rammed off on the two hairpins. The London tracks with the long straight into between the two barriers followed by a hairpin, watch out for people who wall ride that corner and don't brake or again avoid.

Semi-Finals
Car: Will always be a Modern GTX car which includes the Pagani Zonda R, Radical SR3 etc, or a works modified supercar, usually the ones which are hard to drive such as Zonda F, Koenigsegg CCX, Apollo etc.
Track: A combination of longer street and real world tracks, but you can also get a few shorter street tracks, which are best to avoid since if you get taken out there you aren't going to catch up.

Final
Car: Always a GT3 car so get familiar with those.
Track: Same as Semi's plus a few full length circuits.

Championship
Car: Always a GT1 car so again get good with those.
Track: Full length tracks mainly on circuits with a few street tracks.

If you are good on a track then try and get it at night on tracks like Dubai where most people don't know the track well as it will help you to pull out bigger leads and overtake when they go wide. If you aren't good a night then just stick to day tracks and get good at those as there is no penalty for quitting the lobby.

Last edited by Furnace Inferno; 04-26-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Furnace Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #69
R a z z a

Send a message via MSN to R a z z a Send a message via Yahoo to R a z z a Send a message via Skype™ to R a z z a

CrowderPleaser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice little guide inferno hopefully i can win a few more races without getting wiped out everytime

R a z z a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #70
Lumabizz

Lumabizz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41inuyasha View Post

Race License 50G
Won 75 Career events on Hard difficulty

Alright this one is simple. This one can be done on the same event 75 times . load off our shoulders. Just go to options on the main menu and gameplay. Then select hard and remember to SAVE! Do not just back out or it will not stay on hard. What i did was go to drifting and select Drifters Smokem Tour, then select the miyatomi track, and did it 75 times. U have to make 1st place for it to count. Even an amatuer drifter can make 1st on this every time with some practice first. Get a pen and paper and keep tally, do to the fact there is no way to keep track of how many you have. If you absolutey suck at drifting, just pick any level you can do, and do it over and over again.
Great guide, thanks.

After finish first place, will it count towards if i press B button
to play again? or do i have to go to the menu and choose the
race again to make the wins count?

My Website | Xbox | My GamerCard Website
Lumabizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #71
Krueg70

I Krueg I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I can personally confirm that you can just hit B to do the race again and it will count towards the achievement.

Krueg70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #72
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41inuyasha View Post
not here to teach everyone reading and writing skills. i no my writing is bad. But im just here to help others that need it.
Submission Rules & Guidelines

Guides are meant to be completely user friendly. If a person has never picked up a controller in their life, they should be able to at least follow your guide.

Fix the grammar, please. And, try not to be so difficult to other members. Take it as constructive criticism.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #73
Younicorn

younicorn's Gamercard
The guy's just trying to help. Let's all just relax, and regardless what we think the guide SHOULD look like, everything is laid out here and explained, and that's all I can ask for.

Thanks for the guide my man. I appreciate the effort and wish you luck on your way to 1,000!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #74
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm just pointing him in the right direction. Obviously, he's working hard on the guide so he should be able to submit it.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #75
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Great guide.

Bumping this up so I don't have to go through several pages to find it.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #76
41inuyasha

XD41INUYASHA's Gamercard
Came back to upgrade and correct this guide. Hope people still use it

Crysis
Mass Effect 3
Counter-Strike GO

Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #77
Indrago

Draxias's Gamercard
I just started playing this and after reading through your suggestions, I tried some...Problem I'm running into is on the damn japanese retro. Eibuso (spelling) in fact...can't seem to place higher then 3rd and it's annoying at best.

I bought the Nissan SX or whatever and didn't upgrade anything like suggested and still cannot catch up to the pack. AI smashes me, but 1st, 2nd and 3rd place AI just kind of roll along without trying to pass one another. I'm taking a stab at the creators just made it that way to make peoples heads explode and with a crying baby every 5 minutes in the other room...all I can say is "BOOM"!!
Indrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #78
Indrago

Draxias's Gamercard
Scratch that...Turned off brake assist and nailed it 1st try. Always forget the simple things.
Indrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #79
DarkGolbez

It's a good guide, don't worry about the douches that are cynical. People that would otherwise be decent in person are complete a-holes online because they know they're not going to get punched in the neck when they mouth off for no good damn reason.

I didn't make a guide. You did. I'm sure it took a lot of time and I found it helpful. Folks, before you decide to complain, put yourself in the others' shoes. It's pathetic that cynicism has become such an epidemic.
DarkGolbez is offline   Reply With Quote