Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Homefront
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
DOOOOM

UnLeAsH DoOoOm's Gamercard
Is Homefront worth getting

I have been looking into this game for a while but not sure whether to get it or not any thought ?
DOOOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
binda11

KILLER BIN's Gamercard
Seriously you should get it now while theres lots of people playing it online. The campaign is short and sweet or not so sweet to some people. The multiplayer is different for sure and worth a blast. Allso the trade in price will still be about 30 until may.
binda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
DOOOOM

UnLeAsH DoOoOm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by binda11 View Post
Seriously you should get it now while theres lots of people playing it online. The campaign is short and sweet or not so sweet to some people. The multiplayer is different for sure and worth a blast. Allso the trade in price will still be about 30 until may.
Ok thanks i will look into that
DOOOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
bushmaster2000

Meh.... The campaign is very quick, like 5 hours per playthru and i went through it 3 times doing all the campaign cheevs. So if you want something more than playing the same 5 hours three times, then no not worth getting.

Multiplayer was broken for two weeks post-launch, you couldn't connect and couldn't play with friends. Two weeks later the servers actually work but all my friends have moved on so it doesn't matter that the servers have been fixed to me, i can still only game with randoms.

There's only a few maps and it seems like every day the system picks the two maps of the day and that's all you play again and again. WHich is good if you want to get to know the maps but it gets old fast.

On the plus side, 32 player matches run smooth and lag free.
bushmaster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
SubG3nius

SubG3nius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah the multiplayer is really great when it works and you get in a online game, the singleplayer is short but lots of action and still pretty decent if they fix the bugs and glitches it suffers from.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
No...I would recommend it, but you wouldn't be missing anything. So it's really not worth your time. Not to mention they haven't smoothed over their multiplayer issues in a months time, and skirmish (p2p) gameplay is p2p at it's worst. It's unplayable basically, I would avoid it. You should be having fun in your free time, and doing something you won't have second thoughts about putting hours into. Just my opinion...

Again, not great, not terrible, but definitely not worth your time.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
Eazynem Makaveli

Not worth getting. i've just finished the campaign in a day and i played the online for a while and well i don't like it also i don't like the online achievements. Now the shitty game is going back to Gamestop and i'm trying to see if i can get some money back.
Eazynem Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
If you like Bad Company 2 then you might like this game. You need to be tactical, cause if you want to run around a gun like COD then you wont have fun.

Battle Commander + Battle Tank = so much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
redassassin12

redassassin12's Gamercard
its a rent i personally think, short but fun campaign and some entertaining multiplayer, still, dont invest $60 or whatever dollars into it. rent it
redassassin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
Mega Mayo Man

Mega Mayo Man's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Can I just point out that if you do rent it you will NOT be able to play online without PURCHASING an 'EA Battle Code'.

And just to point out aswell that this game and any other EA game with a single-use activation code for multiplayer will no longer be in any 10 day exchange or money back guarantee scheme in any game shops (at least in the UK).

On-topic: I'm enjoying the multiplayer when I can get on lol it's brilliant just got to wait a bit to get the right game. The single player seems a bit bland so I stopped after level 1 for the moment, the graphics aren't amazing but the gameplay is fun which is what I go for personally. Hence why I traded in Crysis 2 for this instead.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:06 AM   #11
AoA Requiem

Personally I'm glad that I picked this up.. I have played Black Ops MAYBE twice since Homefront has come out and I much prefer this. If you're mostly into single player, I'd say no, it is way too short and not very challenging even on the hardest difficulty. There are a lot of people selling/trading the game in, so see if you can pick it up from someone that doesn't like it cheap..

Oh yeah and I believe you can still play multiplayer if you rent and don't use the code, but you can't go beyond rank 5.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:20 AM   #12
Mega Mayo Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoA Requiem View Post
Oh yeah and I believe you can still play multiplayer if you rent and don't use the code, but you can't go beyond rank 5.
Thanks for clearing that up
Old 04-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #13
SubG3nius

SubG3nius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Mayo Man View Post
PURCHASING an 'EA Battle Code'.
Quote:
any other EA game
EA has nothing to do with this game.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #14
Vanilla Coke Zero
Banned User

canzz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by binda11 View Post
very different? it's a CoD/BF clone. trade in price? those should be considered curse words. TS, just save your money and get the latest CoD when it comes out.
Vanilla Coke Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #15
Kayin

Kayin Amoh's Gamercard
Or you could buy this and forget the next CoD! Everyone wins!

Basically, great multiplayer and a decent but brief singleplayer campaign. It's not the best game ever, but I generally despise playing FPS titles online. This one's pretty decent.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
Eazynem Makaveli

Here is an Update..

i got rid of Homefront and sold it to another Games store and i'm now happy. i don't like the short campaign and the online. i played the weak online for a while and i got sick of it. The bad game made me realized i should rent out any future new military games except successful Call of Duty Modern Warfare games.

Last edited by Eazynem Makaveli; 04-04-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Eazynem Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
It's a good game, so much better than COD could ever be, yeah story is short in SP but MP is great and dedicated servers are so much better than P2P.
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:16 AM   #18
djhepcat

DJHepcat's Gamercard
I would say rent it
djhepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #19
JMStroud3

LeavingSage's Gamercard
I agree...rent it
JMStroud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #20
Kuruma Zenichi

Send a message via AIM to Kuruma Zenichi

Kuruma Zenichi's Gamercard
DO NOT BUY. do not give thee jokers your money. the price dropped from 60 to 40 in a week and there is a reason for that, this game really sucks. period. i cant believe there are people in this forum that said its better than COD. yea, black ops was a let down, but no way, this game doesnt even come close to bad company or medal of honor, and those games were barely average. campaign is short, and in mutltiplayer, there is just way too much going on, between tanks and airstrikes and choppers and drones and wolverines and infantry, just way too much to keep track of, yea call of duty has these, but its different when they do it, its better the way cod does it. this game is a joke. people who take this game seriously are a joke. people who think its better than cod are a joke. i rented it for 3.50 and feel i got ripped off. and i finishe dit and reached level 50 in multiplayer before i made any posts about it. i put 30 hours into it before i made my judgement, and i play all shooters.
Kuruma Zenichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #21
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I freaking love these missions!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #22
DrizzlyKOREY420

DrizzlyKOREY420's Gamercard
borrow it like i did if you can then all you gotta do is pay ten bucks and boom youll have fun but if you buy it you might look in the mirror say your worthless and stick your finger down your throat.
DrizzlyKOREY420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:18 AM   #23
AoA Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazynem Makaveli View Post
The bad game made me realized i should rent out any future new military games except successful Call of Duty Modern Warfare games.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #24
Anji

xx anji xx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I would say rent it, but it is a good game that could be great with polish.

Multilayer is were it is at in home front and it isn't the run of the mill corner campers dominating affair.

Anji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #25
Mega Mayo Man

I like the Battle Commander feature the most from this game, and although I may sound like a fanboy when I say this, I REALLY hope future multiplayer games implement this to counter-act the camping side of things.

I don't think it's overpowering for people who are genuinely good, but to highlight an area where an enemy has achieved anywhere from 3 to 15 kills is a great way to get the corner-scouting campers a lesson learnt
Old 04-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #26
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
I like the Battle Commander feature the most from this game, and although I may sound like a fanboy when I say this, I REALLY hope future multiplayer games implement this to counter-act the camping side of things.

I don't think it's overpowering for people who are genuinely good, but to highlight an area where an enemy has achieved anywhere from 3 to 15 kills is a great way to get the corner-scouting campers a lesson learnt
wow...I wondered why I loved BC so much and that just clicked...it stops campers....love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #27
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
made me sad i paid for it. will end up trading it in for mortal kombat and gamefly it for the last couple of achievements and send it back
Old 04-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #28
damtalldylan

damtalldylan's Gamercard
The single player shows an extreme lack of effort filled with Cliche characters from the badass who doesn' play by the rules to the woman with a sensitive side up until the point where her friend is killed. The multiplayer is unique. That's about the best word I can describe it as. Save your money for good games like Battlefield 3 or L.A. Noire.
R.I.P Xbox #1 10/1/08 (Cause of death: E 74)
R.I.P Xbox #2 8/30/9 (Cause of death: Faulty Disk drive)
Xbox #3 Retired 6/27/11 (Sold)
Xbox #4 (Slim) Alive

128th RANKED in MASSACHUSETTS

eBay auctions HERE
damtalldylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #29
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
No. Short, dissapointing campaign, and tedious multiplayer don't make a good buy. The graphics are about three years behind the competition, and both SP and MP are full of bugs and glitches. The terrible achievements serve only to distract from the fact that there's very little than repeat, repeat, and repeat the same crap over and over again. Especially if the buggy servers wipe your progress.

Having high hopes, I pre-ordered the game, but I can't give more than 2 out of 5 stars.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 56 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 11-6-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #30
MLG=Most Likely Gay

Send a message via MSN to MLG=Most Likely Gay

Che Guayaba's Gamercard
Do not buy it used, you will have to pay an extra $10 to unlock multi player. very upset when i found this out.
5.An Hero Plz 6.Fux My Lolipooper
7.BRB Losing Game 8.Projectile Dump
9.MR Butt Predator 10.Butter On My Balls
11.Anal She Wrote 12.Beyond The Labia 13.OnceYouGoAnal 14.Rectal Prowess
15.She Comes First 16.WARHAMMER 40GAY 17.FellatiOwnd 18.I Came She Cried
19.Areola Cola 20.Balls On Lips
21.Ballsdeep Lovin 22.BRB ButtFisting 23.ButtDEVASTATION 24.AssRomance
MLG=Most Likely Gay is offline   Reply With Quote