PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3: ODST
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #1
justG0Twicked

justG0Twicked's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Firefight Points?

I skipped all of the firefight cheevos when I played through this when it first came out. All of the cheevos require 200,000+ points to unlock - is this a lot? I am very familiar with firefight in Halo:Reach, so I am wondering how long this will take to unlock them all.
justG0Twicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:08 AM   #2
DKS BLU3D3MON

DKS BLU3D3MON's Gamercard
Are you talking about Halo 3:ODST. I have done two i believe and done them on easy. They take about 1-2 hours depending on how you kill the grunts and what not. I haven't finished them all because I haven't found any to play co-op with.
DKS BLU3D3MON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
Nightjar

Nightjar's Gamercard
Does anyone know if there is a profile you can download like Halo Reach to do these levels alot easier
Old 07-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
um if you do want to do these achievements they will take you like someone already said 1-2 hours. I think the hardest part about this is that in reach you can really change the stats where you can give yourself unlimited lives and such but in ODST you can't really do that.. but it also makes it better b/c getting the achievements is more worthy b/c you didn't have to cheat and change the lives and such
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
SaberBlade

SaberBlade's Gamercard
200,000 points is fairly easy. With a decent team, you can do them in about 35 to 50 minutes on normal.

There are a few factors in determining how fast it will go. Amount of players, skill of players and difficulty you are attempting. The players don't have to be great, but you can easily go through them quickly if players remember to go for headshots. The pistol is easily the best weapon for these.

I've checked my times on Bungie.net and gotten;
  • Windward, 4 players, normal, 40 minutes.
  • Crater, 4 players, heroic, 31 minutes. Did it twice, as other friends needed it, on normal, took 43 minutes.
  • Chasm Ten, 4 player, normal, 1 hour 15. (it took about 50 minutes to get the score, but for some reason, no one really thought to say stop after it popped so ended up with nearly 400,000 points).
  • Lost Platoon, 4 players, normal, 40 minutes. Has Spartan Laser and Wraiths which make it easy. This was the first time I did it. I've done it slightly faster (38 minutes), with 3 people on same difficulty. I've also done it longer with 3 people in 52 minutes. So this goes to show just how varied times can be based on how good the players are.
  • Alpha Site, 4 players, Heroic. Hard to say how long this took. This was my Vidmaster:Endure map so spent 2:15 getting that achievement, I think the Firefight achievement unlocked about 45 minutes in as it took us a bit of time to settle into how were doing it.
  • Last Exit, 4 people, normal, 36 minutes. I redid it for friends and we did it with 3 players on normal and took 51 minutes.
  • Security Zone, 3 people, normal, 43 minutes. Again, takes less with more people. Has Spartan Laser and Wraiths so good way to build up points.
  • Rally Point (night), 3 people, normal, 39 minutes. Once again, took longer because of less people. I've done this twice with 3 people, second time took 49 minutes.

Last edited by SaberBlade; 07-11-2011 at 08:58 PM.
SaberBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:00 AM   #6
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
No this is not difficult for this game. You cannot 'cheat' however, like in Halo: Reach. You will need a friend, and I recommend playing on Normal. It will take 1-2 hours depending on how good you are. If you've played Halo before and are halfway decent you should have no problems with this.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
If you get a real good team then 200,000 is nothing. Communication helps a lot too
Old 09-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
I3lackMaqic

I3lack Maqic's Gamercard
i will help need to do all fireflight

add me: I3lack Maqic
I3lackMaqic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
Ionic Fox

Ionic Fox 9114's Gamercard
Having Trouble

I am still having trouble with the firefight achievements.
I need to join up with a few friends and play on herioc
Ionic Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #10
Madhafaca

Madhafaca's Gamercard
You can go solo on Heroic and have the 200,000 in like an hour and a half. If you stay in one place and wait for them to come. I try to go for multi-headshot kills. Like killing 4 grunts with headshots, that really boost you points.
When facing brutes I use plasma pistol to EMP'em then a headshot, immediately after I go for headshots to kill the grunts around that Brute. This will give you like 2,000 points in the blink of an eye!

If you do this routine every time, once the skulls start to strike in, you'll be making tons of points.
Madhafaca is offline   Reply With Quote