PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Crazy Taxi
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Sir_Lumbo

Sir Lumbo's Gamercard
Crazy Box S Missions Tips

Before I start, you only need to know one move for the S missions:

RT + B to get a boost
Then as soon as you feel the first boost, press A, then RT + B once more.

This will execute the Limiter Cut move, which is a prolonged, faster dash. You will struggle in the last mission especially if you cannot pull this off.

You do NOT need to be able to crazy drift for any of the missions.

S-1

This mission requires you to perform the 'crazy through' which is where you drive close the nose of the taxi close to another car.

Easiest way to do this mission is to drive on the orange line in the middle of the road. Take it really slowly, just tapping the accelerate button slightly now and again.

What you want to do is weave in and out onto the left hand side of oncoming traffif, then weave back out. Nice and slowly, no speed is required here.

When it says combo, you can have any amount of time between the 'throughs' but the combo is cancelled if you collide with another car. This shouldn't be an issue in the middle of the road.

S-2

I did this on my first attempt, unsure if I got lucky or not, but I did not use drifts at all. I just used the Limited Cut boost.

S-3

This may take a couple attempts until you learn where the passengers are.

You start infront of a brick coloured ramp.
  • There is a passenger to the left and to the right of this ramp.
  • Two passengers at the top of the ramp; one on the left and right.
  • One at the top of either of the large ramps
  • One in the middle of the two ramps, on the ground level, surrounded by cars
Dash up the ramp on the left. Continue up the ramp, using one, or maybe two, more dash(es). Pick up the guy at the top and dash off the edge, through the metal railings.

Head towards the ramp you start off facing and pick up the passenger by the phone-boxes. Contine and get the passenger to the right of the ramp.

Head up the circular ramp. Drive hard against the wall and use the dash heading up. As soon as you stop hugging the wall, stop dashing and slow down to correct yourself. Pick up the guy at the top.

Aim yourself for the first ramp you went up, dash towards it, and pick up the guy on the ground level surrounded by the cars.

Now time to pick up the two guys at the top of the ramp. Make sure you take a large enough run-up, using the Limiter Cut and dash up the ramp, aiming towards the left wall. When you cross the leap, you should hit the wall.

Pick up the guys and follow the path, using the Limiter Cut again.

S-4

This mission can be done comfortably if you learn to do the Limiter cut consistently. The aim of this mission is to complete an unmarked lap of the map.

The route is rather easy to learn, look it up on Youtube. Spam Limiter Cut and you can easily have 30-40 seconds left on the clock.

Gamerscore:
102,170 / 110,490
92.5%

Looking to Boost On:
GTA 4

Most Proud Of Completions:
Ninja Gaiden 2, Earthworm Jim, Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter II HF, Metal Gear Revengeance & HD Collection, Infinite Undiscovery

"All must bow and grovel at my feet, for I represent power you cannot dream of"
If only the great and bountiful General M. Bison had quotes as munificent as himself.
Sir_Lumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Thanks for this, sould help me as i'm stuck one of the S-missions.
Just to clear it up, what control setup are you using?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Sir_Lumbo

Sir Lumbo's Gamercard
What mission are you stuck on?
Can try and clarify things and help you some more?

I'm using default control setup, which is A, I believe.

Gamerscore:
102,170 / 110,490
92.5%

Looking to Boost On:
GTA 4

Most Proud Of Completions:
Ninja Gaiden 2, Earthworm Jim, Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter II HF, Metal Gear Revengeance & HD Collection, Infinite Undiscovery

"All must bow and grovel at my feet, for I represent power you cannot dream of"
If only the great and bountiful General M. Bison had quotes as munificent as himself.
Sir_Lumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
Monty111

MontyTP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I couldn't do 2-S at all just using the crazy drift but after using the limiter cut as well as the crazy drift i got it after a few goes! Thanks a lot!

Monty111 is offline   Reply With Quote