PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Where's Waldo?
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-05-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
eXciter1

Maybe a new solution for the glitched achievements. "Edit Gamer Profile"

Sorry if you guys heard this one before. I was getting a little desperate and I already finished Tinker, so I didn't have anything else I wanted to start to pop an achievement to try the other solutions.

I finally got "The Journey Ends" to update by going into my profile "Edit gamer profile" and I changed my gamerpic to one of the default pics that comes with GFWL. I waited like 5min and Xbox.com updated with the 30 pts "The Journey Ends". I will be curious to see if it works for the other 2 glitched achievs, but post a comment here if it works for you.

Edit 4/9/2011 - This also worked for "Friend of the Stars", since it did not update my gamertag on XBox.com (Live). I changed my gamer picture again in the GFWL interface and it updated XBox.com about 5 min later. Hopefully this will help cure any woes you've been having in finally getting this achievement to update correctly.

Last edited by eXciter1; 04-10-2011 at 03:19 AM.
eXciter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
BazGC

BazGC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXciter1 View Post
Sorry if you guys heard this one before. I was getting a little desperate and I already finished Tinker, so I didn't have anything else I wanted to start to pop an achievement to try the other solutions.

I finally got "The Journey Ends" to update by going into my profile "Edit gamer profile" and I changed my gamerpic to one of the default pics that comes with GFWL. I waited like 5min and Xbox.com updated with the 30 pts "The Journey Ends". I will be curious to see if it works for the other 2 glitched achievs, but post a comment here if it works for you.

Edit 4/9/2011 - This also worked for "Friend of the Stars", since it did not update my gamertag on XBox.com (Live). I changed my gamer picture again in the GFWL interface and it updated XBox.com about 5 min later. Hopefully this will help cure any woes you've been having in finally getting this achievement to update correctly.
This worked for me Thanks
BazGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #3
SKIN RIP

Skin Rip's Gamercard
Hi, Did u change your pic first or did u get the achievement then changed your pic ?

SKIN RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
eXciter1

I got the achievement first, then changed my picture in the Games For Windows Live interface in order to update the gamerscore on XBox.com.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
SKIN RIP

Skin Rip's Gamercard
Cheers, tried both and still won't stay unlocked

SKIN RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
eXciter1

That is so bizarre...
Old 04-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #7
Honeycut1ddp

yeah I also tried this and the achievement still won't sync to my profile, but I'm always grateful for new ideas.

I'll go now, to make bigger mistakes and to embarrass this fine institution even more. But let me leave you with one last thought: If you can laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you're drunk.

Thank you.

~ Conan O'Brien
Honeycut1ddp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
mehateme

mehatemex's Gamercard
WOUW!!!

I got my GFWL score to show 230/200 GS. Change gamer picture and profile picture to something standard. Complete last mision again, change both pictures to something new stanard.

AND NOW IT STAYS THERE!!! . FINALLY DONE WITH THIS CRAP GAME.

.\/.
Complete Arcade: 24
Complete Arcade + DLC: 1

Goal 2011: Complete

Working on:
GMT+1 (Denmark)

mehateme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
eXciter1

Great to hear! Not sure why it doesn't work for everyone.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #10
Dragon Weew

dragon weew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for posting this solution it finally unlocked 'The Journey Ends (Kids)' for me. First I changed my gamertag picture to one of the default GFWL pictures, then I played the last level. After the achievement message appeared I changed it to another default picture then went to check xbox.com to see if the achievement had stayed unlocked and it had. I'm so glad that I'll never have to bother with this glitchy game again.
Dragon Weew is offline   Reply With Quote