PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Armored Core 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #31
Dude Rain

Dude Rain's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despised Icon View Post
Sorry for the confusion, I forgot to state that you need to go through a few chapters with the mech you choose in the beginning. Doing so allows you to unlock the parts and weapons used in the mech specs. Than can start buying and building the mechs I used, which will than make it easier to go back and get S-ranks with ease. I will try to clear up the guide, and hope it helps you.
Yeah, I'm around chapter 4 now, and I pretty much have your builds.

It was basically a matter of figuring out what types of weapons the model numbers in your guide were referring to. A little research at gamefaqs allowed me to find lower-grade substitutes until the right part was available in the game.

The builds are quite helpful at this point. Thanks!

360voice || TrueAchievements
Dude Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #32
ThorAxe911

Send a message via AIM to ThorAxe911

ThorAxe911's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Man i only have TWO achievements for AC4 and hopefully this guide will help me i'll have to give it a shot! my only quesion is, to build that first mech, how much money am i gonna need??? cuz if i cant build the mech most of your guide is centered around...im screwwwed! haha
40k Gamerscore! - 12/11/2011

Xbox #1: March 25th 2008 - February 15th 2009
Xbox #2: February 25th 2009 - ?

ThorAxe911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #33
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorAxe911 View Post
Man i only have TWO achievements for AC4 and hopefully this guide will help me i'll have to give it a shot! my only quesion is, to build that first mech, how much money am i gonna need??? cuz if i cant build the mech most of your guide is centered around...im screwwwed! haha
Just start over, pick the starting AC that has most of those parts already. You will have to complete a few chapters to unlock all the weapons anyway.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:17 AM   #34
chrisnottm

Send a message via MSN to chrisnottm

DirtyChris89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Just start over, pick the starting AC that has most of those parts already. You will have to complete a few chapters to unlock all the weapons anyway.
Right... I've tried twice already without reading the info in this guide.

I'm gonna do what you say there, 3rd time's a charm

chrisnottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #35
Jonbuu2008

Jonbuu2002's Gamercard
seriously this guide is ace, i was completely stuck but just the mech creation guide allowed me to advance loads! great guide!
Jonbuu2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:38 AM   #36
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Nice guide looking good
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:18 AM   #37
Pfc Hoskins

Pfc Hoskins's Gamercard
ok despised icon i love ur mech suggestions i have been having trouble running through simulation but ur mech just run me through all that i can do now in like 5 min lol ty...but what i need to know is im only on ch 3 on normal and when u talk about tuning ur mech im completely lost cause u said u max this and this and this.....explain to me please how u max out...maybe its where im still not far into the game that i cant do some of these things but i think i just need a little more explanation that would be great thnx
Pfc Hoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:28 PM   #38
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
Pfc Hoskins - At the end of each chapter you get some FRS points (it says "You get X FRS points or something like that). If you are on chapter 3 you should have about 50 (I think). You can spend these on the last mech customization screen to improve certain aspects fo your mech. Click "manual" and tweak it however you want.

There aren't many points available in the beginning of the game, but towards the end you get tons, plus points for every data pack completed, plus 1 point for every hard mission you get an S on... so you end up with around 300 points, enough to max out a bunch of attributes.

AND, as deathbypig suggested on the first page, tweaking where your points are (once you have a lot of them) can make the difference between an A and an S rank.

Hope this helps.
Shaftiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:19 AM   #39
Hente

Optima Shift's Gamercard
If I did the last mission of a Chapter without completing all the missions, will I need to go back to do those missions that I didn't complete in order to unlock the normal playthrough achievement?

Hente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #40
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hente View Post
If I did the last mission of a Chapter without completing all the missions, will I need to go back to do those missions that I didn't complete in order to unlock the normal playthrough achievement?
Yes. Personally, I unlocked "Complete Chapter 6" (the last chapter) 2 days before I got the normal playthrough achievement.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #41
Hente

Optima Shift's Gamercard
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ;___;"
Is there any way to tell if I completed a mission or not?

Hente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #42
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure that if you hit RB/LB on the mission select screen you can replay missions. I also believe that after you finish it reorganizes all the missions in a big chart and tells you the ranking (if any) that you got on each mission, so it's really easy to tell.

Sorry I'm not sure, but I don't have it anymore. I am 100% sure that at some point it's easy to tell, though.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #43
Running Pinata

Running Pinata's Gamercard
2 cents

I'd like to throw my 2 cents in and point out that for the mission Internal Purge(hard), I had an easier time with the BurnMoon schematic. It seems the Next that appears in the end doesn't really shoot at you if you hover next to her and slash her with Moonblades.

Running Pinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #44
Zenith94x

ArkticZenith's Gamercard
How do you get the side booster, S02-001-EGA?
Old 12-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #45
AdiAins

Dayvan ilo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Great guide went from 3 achievements to all but i believe 5 in 8 hours. Was stuck so i traded it in, saw this guide and rebought it 2 years later. Only having trouble on Silent Avalanche on hard (Ogotos burn through the snipers but Helix I/Ii rape me).

AdiAins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #46
Shaftiel

talkstogod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiAins View Post
Great guide went from 3 achievements to all but i believe 5 in 8 hours. Was stuck so i traded it in, saw this guide and rebought it 2 years later. Only having trouble on Silent Avalanche on hard (Ogotos burn through the snipers but Helix I/Ii rape me).
The build I used for was Madness arms, 047AN05, and a single OGOTO. Max out Lock Speed and Radar Refresh. Get cover and pop up and shoot the snipers with the OGOTO until they are all dead, then use the madness arms on the NEXTs. Just don't miss. Dunno if you've been using the Madness Arms, but 2 hits pretty much kill everything... I found them fantastic against all the annoying, evasive bosses.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #47
AdiAins

Dayvan ilo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I'll have to try this when I get my xbox back. My daughter broke my brand new 360 with Kinect today.

AdiAins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:23 AM   #48
Kra Shaon

Kra Shaon's Gamercard
Great guide man it really help me to get Sus, 14 Sherring and 01 Berlioz Achievements
Kra Shaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:42 AM   #49
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
How am I supposed to get an S rank on Icebreaker Defense?

I've done it close to 10 times now, and I can never get over an A.

Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #50
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Alright! Just completed the game! This guide was a giant help, I doubt I could have completed this game without it!

Thanks!

Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #51
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
White lance is much easier just to use two Moonblades and a quick mech to boost past everything and blade the white ship. It took me less than 30 seconds to complete the mission with almost no damage taken on hard.

Also the SIRIUS cannons are much better for fighting the fast-moving mechs on a few stages than the OGOTOs as suggested here.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #52
Drunken Swede

Drunken Swede's Gamercard
This guide was extraordinarily helpful, though it took me a while to unlock the SIRIUS energy weapons. I think it's unlocked after passing Chapter 4 or so but I cannot be sure.

Whether you're still around or not, I thank you for creating this guide Despised Icon. It's gotten me out of a few tight jams.
Drunken Swede is offline   Reply With Quote