PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Portal: Still Alive
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Updated Portal Achievement Guide

This is an updated achievement guide for the arcade game Portal: Still Alive. All of the achievements can be obtained by playing through the storyline once and then playing the 20 advanced maps. Good luck and happy achievement hunting.

Go for the Gold 15
Win a gold metal on a challenge map.

Obtaining a gold medal on a challenge map requires you to exit the test camber using the fewest possible number of portals or steps or finish within a certain time limit. There are a number of different chambers where you can get this very easily.

Chamber 1

Chamber 4

Chamber 14

Out of the Blue 25
Once you have control of both portals, only enter the orange portal.

You obtain the advanced portal gun in chamber eleven. For the remaining levels, you have to make sure that you only step through the orange portal. Be especially careful not to sit in the middle of a portal because the game may consider that to be passing through the blue portal. Just move through the portal as quickly as you can. Save frequently, so you can reload if you accidentally step through the blue one. The achievement will actually unlock right after you destroy the last piece of GLaDOS to beat the game.

Rat's Tale 15
Find all the Rat Man dens.

There are five Rat Man dens in the game. They appear as scribbling and handprints on the wall. In addition to the typed descriptions, there is a video that shows all five locations.

The first can be found in test chamber sixteen. After you pass three turrets and you’ll find a platform with two cubes stacked on top of each other. Move the two cubes, duck down, and go into the space behind them. You’ll find the writing on the wall to the left.

The second is in test chamber seventeen. Once you’ve passed by the two energy balls, fall over the edge and shoot a portal behind the projecting wall panel. Shoot the other portal on the wall next to the portal and pass through to find the writing on the wall.

The third is in test chamber eighteen. Use the portals to get onto the platform across from the first one. Once there, crouch down and slip into the alcove on the left. You’ll find the writing on the wall.

The fourth is in test chamber nineteen. Fall down the deep pit that you crossed on a giant pipe earlier and then go right into an alcove.

The fifth is in test chamber nineteen as well. After the fourth Rat Man’s Den, you’ll find three turrets. Pass them and then go into an alcove to access another room with a turret. When you dispose of the turret, walk to the back of the room and look to your right to find the alcove with the den.

Is Anyone There? 20
Complete the game without ever taking a bullet.

To get this achievement, you have to avoid the automated turret fire. You can destroy turrets by knocking them over, but be careful because they will fire off several rounds before they are destroyed, so you can be accidentally shot. You can also pick them up and turn them, so they face the wall. In some cases, its very easy to just place a portal high on the wall or ceiling far away from you and then throw another portal underneath the turret, transporting it far away. It will almost certainly fall over and deactivate.

Turrets can be found in test chambers sixteen (12 turrets), eighteen (4 turrets), and nineteen (14 turrets). The achievement will unlock as you walk across the long catwalk leading to the chamber where you find GLaDOS. Below is a video demonstrating how to get this achievement.

Saw That One Coming 5
Cause a rocket sentry to destroy its own rocket when the rocket has been redirected back towards it.

To unlock this achievement, you have to place a portal behind a rocket sentry and then place another portal on an adjacent wall. Just stand in front of the second portal and dodge out of the way once the rocket is fired. The rocket should pass through the portals and hit the sentry. Below is a video demonstrating this on test chamber nineteen.

The Camera Adds 10 Pounds 10
Knock a turret over with a security camera.

Simply use a portal to knock a camera off of the wall. Then place one portal above the turret and the second portal under the camera. The camera will fall through the portal and knock over the turret, unlocking the achievement.

Turrets can be found in test chambers sixteen (12), eighteen (4), and nineteen (14) Below is a video demonstrating how to get this achievement with the first turret in test chamber sixteen.

Like a Rat 20
Trap yourself in a test chamber so that GLaDOS has to help you continue.

This achievement requires you to trap yourself in a room, so that GLaDOS has to help you escape. The first place where you can do this is in test chamber thirteen. Below is a video demonstrating how to do this.

A Feeling Like Floating 5
Dissolve a turret.

To dissolve a turret, you can throw it in a particle device, carry it through the force field that surrounds the exit to a test chamber, or throw it in the toxic sludge that you find in some of the levels. This can first be accomplished with the last turret in chamber sixteen. Below is a video demonstrating this strategy.

Tests Like Chicken 15
Find the chicken's test results.

The test chicken’s results can be found in test chamber nineteen. The achievement will unlock after you pick up the clipboard with the results on them.

Last edited by Andrew x360a; 01-14-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Cupcake 10
Beat 5 advanced chambers

See “Vanilla Crazy Cake”

Fruitcake 25
Beat 10 advanced chambers

See “Vanilla Crazy Cake”

Vanilla Crazy Cake 35
Beat all advanced chambers

There are twenty advanced chambers – fourteen new ones from Still Alive and six that are more challenging versions of chambers thirteen through eighteen in the game. These achievements do not require you to meet any requirements for taking the minimum number of steps or using the minimum number of portals. Below are walkthrough videos for all twenty maps from Dmbledore.

Still Alive 1

Still Alive 2

Still Alive 3

Still Alive 4

Still Alive 5

Still Alive 6

Still Alive 7

Still Alive 8

Still Alive 9

Still Alive 10

Still Alive 11

Still Alive 12

Still Alive 13

Still Alive 14

13: Advanced

14: Advanced

15: Advanced

16: Advanced

17: Advanced

18: Advanced

Last edited by Andrew x360a; 01-14-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
Infomouse

Infomouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Exceptional help on the "Is Anyone There", much better to do this with actual help rather than a generic "avoid turret fire". Once again, amazing guide by far.

"This was a triumph"
Infomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
YouTube Freak
Banned User

x SC Freak x's Gamercard
Wow, best guide ever seen.
YouTube Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Heners

Send a message via MSN to Heners Send a message via Skype™ to Heners

ACL Heners's Gamercard
cheers for the updated list man
Old 07-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I had the hardest time with portal because I have no idea how to work with my surroundings so I sucked ass on this great guide though
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
Likuid Flame

Likuid Flame's Gamercard
Great guide. The vids really helped

Complete Games:
Retail:
VII
Arcade:
III
"Music is like candy, you throw away the wrappers."
Likuid Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #8
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Out of the Blue 25
Once you have control of both portals, only enter the orange portal.

Is Anyone There? 20
Complete the game without ever taking a bullet.

can i unlock both if i start a new game on chamber 11?when i get control of both portals and then avoid to be hited by turrents..

edit: nevermind, already got both achievements and 200G

thanks 4 the guide, very helpful

Last edited by Achiever TM; 08-20-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 AM   #9
Tobes v1

tobes v1's Gamercard
Thanks for the great guide
Old 01-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #10
Drashie
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Drashie

StF ii StraFez's Gamercard
awesome lul
Drashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #11
Viper8828

Send a message via AIM to Viper8828 Send a message via Yahoo to Viper8828

Viper8828's Gamercard
for some reason its not registering me going into the rat dens - i went into the one on 16, good, then went into 17 and nothing, then went into the one on 18 and it registered again... :\
Viper8828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #12
Banneret

Banneret's Gamercard
Very very useful. Cheers
Banneret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:18 AM   #13
iceghost27

gordiant granny's Gamercard
Good job on the guide this game was so fun but short and that's probably why they made these hard out-of-the-way achievments. I finally have 200g instead of it being exsausting, and a pain in the ass I though it was real fun. I only used the guides for 17&18 advanced and the trapped like a rat so I am proud of myself.

DIE GLaDOS
iceghost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #14
Reaper Xan

Send a message via MSN to Reaper Xan

Reaper Xan's Gamercard
this is an awesome game!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #15
Corbyite

Corbyite's Gamercard
nice guide
Corbyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #16
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
For Tests Like Chicken, you can get it in Still Alive Chamber 7, too.
When you drop on the cubes, you can get through the broken pipe there and pick up a chicken clipboard.

Great guide, though
Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 AM   #17
breakfastninja

Send a message via AIM to breakfastninja Send a message via MSN to breakfastninja Send a message via Yahoo to breakfastninja

Vax0 Rmu's Gamercard
Great guide man, I wish I could have found a guide like yours when I was finishing the still alive achievements.
breakfastninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #18
Strifer

Strifer's Gamercard
Thanks for the awesome guide dude. It truly helped me out a lot through out the game.
Strifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #19
FA Q DA Badger

FA Q BADGER's Gamercard
the turrets deserve to get dissolved
FA Q DA Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #20
DubIaught

DubIaught's Gamercard
Awesome guide, I have to replay the game because i messed up on Out of the Blue somewhere, but that's ok it's a great game regardless.
DubIaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #21
Tampanation

Tampa Nation's Gamercard
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSPpGLvJjeo out of the blue walkthrough.
not my video but this guy kirby has a walkthrough to get all of the story mode achievements in one go.
the rest of the videos are on his video page.
maybe they should be an extra part of the guide
Tampanation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #22
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great Guide! thanks for the help you are about to give me.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote