) + Kinect

PlayStation Vita

& other gaming platforms

PSN ID: OceanH / Xbox Live gamertag: Ocean H
OceanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
Total Shinobi

Grey Kiryu's Gamercard
I had Faith and look what happened. I have been blessed by the Gaming Gods this day! I am so excited
Total Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:33 AM   #3
Ceris
Why So Ceris?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
YES!!! I cannot wait for this to come out!

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
I'm so happy and excited this is finally come..to next gen consoles! Yay!

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
It's been a while my old friend!

Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sweet, finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Hands down, best piece of news from E3 so far, although I'm yet to check out any PS4 stuff.
I'd show my primary life-taking asset, but I don't think I can post dildos here.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #8
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So glad to see this amazing series finally making a comeback. Faith, never leave me again ^_^ Can't wait to see actual gameplay and see what changes they've made (Please no guns. Please no guns. Please no guns.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:08 AM   #9
Ceris
Why So Ceris?

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
So glad to see this amazing series finally making a comeback. Faith, never leave me again ^_^ Can't wait to see actual gameplay and see what changes they've made (Please no guns. Please no guns. Please no guns.)
Agreed! If they put emphasis on guns, it'll ruin the game... the trailer did show more hand-to-hand combat though. That's a good sign!

Quote:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #10
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
Agreed! If they put emphasis on guns, it'll ruin the game... the trailer did show more hand-to-hand combat though. That's a good sign!
I don't really agree with no guns, but no emphasis on firearms seems good. Definitely don't want them going overboard but I don't like the idea of no guns. And no gratuitous dark/smoky stealth part where there are a tonne of dudes with huge-ass rifles and laser sights

Trailer looked amazing though, and is honestly, pretty much the only thing to come out of E3 that has grabbed my attention this year. That and the stuff about 2 free games every month. Hopefully we can get some good'uns out of that and I'll be enjoying them on my 360

Saying that, I hope this game is on current-gen, and I'm assuming it is, since I figure DICE must have had a smaller team working away on it for the last few years.

Would look great on next-gen though.
I'd show my primary life-taking asset, but I don't think I can post dildos here.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
It's been a while my old friend!
Damn straight! Faith, we missed you my dear. Pull up a chair, stay a while and share a story with us.

Two (three really) thoughts on the teaser there:

1) Damn Frostbite 2 sure as hell is pretty.
2a) Tattoo on the eyelid, Faith has some serious lady balls to get it done that close to the eyeball (and she knows a damn good artist with a super steady hand )
2b) They must have cured hepatitis in the future, tattooing with no glove on one hand....

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
I went through the game with no guns. I'd assume most people here did too, because there was an achievement for it. It was great, guns are boring. If they make that impossible by having gun sections or something, not only will it be insultingly stupid; it will almost defeat the point of the game. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. This is pretty much the one E3 announcement I'm genuinely hyped for.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #13
Inebriated Jedi
Sith Happens

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff - Community and Events Team   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
If you don't feel anything after watching that trailer, then you are dead inside.

I've been waiting for this for years. I can't believe it's finally happening!

Friend requests without messages will be ignored!
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #14
Big Stoz

big stoz's Gamercard
The first one was the best gaming soundtrack ever.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #15
Blue PLanet CorPoRaTiOn

Send a message via AIM to Blue PLanet CorPoRaTiOn
f#%k yes!!
Love the music too!

[Currently Offline Boosting]
Blue PLanet CorPoRaTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
I went through the game with no guns. I'd assume most people here did too, because there was an achievement for it. It was great, guns are boring. If they make that impossible by having gun sections or something, not only will it be insultingly stupid; it will almost defeat the point of the game. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. This is pretty much the one E3 announcement I'm genuinely hyped for.
I tried and failed. Have been playing with the thought for years to try it again without guns for Test of Faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
If you don't feel anything after watching that trailer, then you are dead inside.

Me too! I cried happy. Though I don't think anyone was hoping for it as much as this guy :

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 06-14-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #17
Skorpion XBA
Prepping for Battle

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Wow, this looks amazing! I can't wait for this to come out.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Me too! I cried happy. Though I don't think anyone was hoping for it as much as this guy :
Wow.
Sounded like he said "goodest day of my life" both times he said it, but then I went back and he definitely said greatest.
It also sounded sexual.

I also like the way he still sounded confused when he saw the tattoo gun and Faith's arm.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #19
hydrosugar

Quote:
I tried and failed. Have been playing with the thought for years to try it again without guns for Test of Faith.
What difficulty were you playing on? Because iirc it can be done on easy.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #20
Ceris
Why So Ceris?

Quote:
I can be. I did it on normal and it wasn't that hard. I can easily play the game now without guns. I never use them.

Quote:
Old 06-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #21
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Yeah, I think it can be done on easy. There was that achievement for doing it without guns and one for doing it on hard. I remember I had a friend who thought that it was just one achievement and went through on hard without guns.
Haven't played Mirrors Edge 1 in years, I'll have to go back and do a hard playthrough.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #22
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Pretty excited, i knew it was mirrors edge before they even showed her face.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
Ivo

dutchMau5z's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post

Exactly! And it's great to see that they stick to the original game. Free roam will be a massive addition.
It's nice that they are taking their time to make it perfect, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stoz View Post
The first one was the best gaming soundtrack ever.
THIS. Hope they'll ask Solar Fields again, and I wouldn't bother remixes for the main theme again...

Last edited by Ivo; 06-17-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Ivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #24
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Quote:
I can be. I did it on normal and it wasn't that hard. I can easily play the game now without guns. I never use them.
Normal. There was a couple sections I just went shooter through for giggles. I loved the game, but just never that good at it, some of the more complex freerun/jumping sections scared me off from a second play at the time. Think it's time I re-acquired the game and gave it another go.

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 06-17-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #25
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Quote:
Normal. There was a couple sections I just went shooter through for giggles. I loved the game, but just never that good at it, some of the more complex freerun/jumping sections scared me off from a second play at the time. Think it's time I re-acquired the game and gave it another go.
I'd recommend it, I've just started my hard playthrough and it's great. The visuals look a little poor at first but give it an hour and it's like being back in 2008!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #26
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
I'd recommend it, I've just started my hard playthrough and it's great. The visuals look a little poor at first but give it an hour and it's like being back in 2008!
Hahaha, can't be all that bad. I just played FEAR not long ago, enemies look like they're made of lego, 'twas 2006 alright

"Hit it"
Old 06-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #27
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Opiate, I take it all back it's awful. There's a certain QTE and on Hard, there isn't a prompt because there's no Runner Vision. It sucks.
Other than that though it's still great.

EDIT: Just did this bit, first try after posting this comment. I was starting to get fed up with it, so I initiated it, started reading a comment over on a different thread, took a casual look up and thought; "Oh, about time to press now" and it worked. Crazy.

Last edited by Jardinho; 06-17-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #28
hydrosugar

Quote:
Hahaha, can't be all that bad. I just played FEAR not long ago, enemies look like they're made of lego, 'twas 2006 alright
I might play it again myself. Though for me it would be the Hard playthrough, as I never did a full playthrough after the no guns one. I often booted up the game to do speed runs or just mess about, but never ran through the campaign a second time. I've played a few old games recently, so I'm sure the slick 2008 graphics will blow me away.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #29
Ceris
Why So Ceris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Opiate, I take it all back it's awful. There's a certain QTE and on Hard, there isn't a prompt because there's no Runner Vision. It sucks.
Other than that though it's still great.

EDIT: Just did this bit, first try after posting this comment. I was starting to get fed up with it, so I initiated it, started reading a comment over on a different thread, took a casual look up and thought; "Oh, about time to press now" and it worked. Crazy.
At the QTE you can spam the button with no consequences, that's what I always did.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #30
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Quote:
At the QTE you can spam the button with no consequences, that's what I always did.
Didn't feel like that was the case. But, I'm past it now and onto the last level.
I just want the second one NOW. And also, I would like a less shallow story.
"Who could this be? Oh, I don't know, is it one of the four characters I've met so far that aren't dead?"

What do people think of all the hints towards an Avian Flu outbreak in the first game? Just a parody of GTA 4's collectibles or does it have more significance?