PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Unreal Tournament 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-16-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
EASIER 20 kills against Godlike BOt

Ok so I tried the method of going on heatray a few times, and had been horified when the bot would either find me before the walker showed up, or would find bio gun, get invisible, and destroy me within my time. I had to find an easier way, and I did once I beat the game!

Instant Action Duel

Set up the game with the weapon replacement to impact hammers

Put the time to 60 mins and 20 kills

Level: Deimos

If you beat the game you will recognize this level as the last one in chapter 4. If not, then you might wanna run around the level to get a little familiar, but really don't have to.

At the start, rush for the portal that leads to the ship way out in space. It is at the end of the level on the second floor up above that one mini nuke gun.

Anyways, teleport and get on the big gun. It now suddenly feels like a mini game, in which you are searching for the bot and using him as target practice. He never once in the whole match went through the portal, and I did keep an eye out just in case. He grabbed the mini nuke gun 3 times, and shot it, and was denied so very easily. The rocket comes at you at an extremely slow pace, and you shoot it once and it blows up.

Anyways, yes, very very easy! You dont have to wait around at all to jump into the portal. You can then kill him over and over. I had put low gravity on as well, so when he was doing his tricky jumping around, he would fly in the air and be an easy target, sometimes even flying off the level.

I hope this helps anyone who was having trouble on the heat ray level, I did this on my first try and it was a breeze. I would normally zoom halfway to the level, then zoom in to kill him when needed.

Good luck!
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
xxN3CROMANC3Rxx

xxN3CROMANC3Rxx's Gamercard
lol insane.
xxN3CROMANC3Rxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
CHRIS4763

u guys do know that if u play on sentinel, weapon replacement to hammer, no powerups, and SLO-MO, LOW GRAV, then all u have to do is camp the b-rifle and get it, even if they do get the rifle they jump and dodge so much u can easily hit him with ur rifle because they will be floating. this method is way easier then the walker way.
CHRIS4763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
NTA RazmaGT

NTA RazmaGT's Gamercard
Worked like an absolute charm!! Thanks TC
NTA RazmaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well tried it twice and both times failed, 1st time bot came on got me at 10 frags so make sure to watch that Portal! and well 2nd time he got me with that damn rocket at 16 kills

But on a happier note this method seems to work very well I just happen to be unlucky and well 3rd times the charm
Gun-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #6
VeNGeD

Captn Cabinet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
i havnt tried this, but i dont see how people can get killed by a bot with a BioGun when in a Darkwalker.
sorry no offence to the people who couldnt do it, but i got it first time no problem.
but nice find tyger, im sure it will help alot of people.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:11 PM   #7
PanTh3r

Send a message via AIM to PanTh3r

iAmMaximusPrime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS4763 View Post
u guys do know that if u play on sentinel, weapon replacement to hammer, no powerups, and SLO-MO, LOW GRAV, then all u have to do is camp the b-rifle and get it, even if they do get the rifle they jump and dodge so much u can easily hit him with ur rifle because they will be floating. this method is way easier then the walker way.

easiest way, gg

[16] Completed Arcade: |Dig Dug|Pac-Man|Small Arms|Track and Field|Frogger|PaperBoy|
Spyglass Board Games|3D Ultra MiniGolf|Rocky and Bullwinkle|Bomberman Live|Marble Blast Ultra|
Spongebob Underpants Slam|Roogoo|Uno|Dash of Destruction|Live Score Tracker
PanTh3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
xxN3CROMANC3Rxx

xxN3CROMANC3Rxx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNGeD View Post
i havnt tried this, but i dont see how people can get killed by a bot with a BioGun when in a Darkwalker.
sorry no offence to the people who couldnt do it, but i got it first time no problem.
obviously your a retard then.
xxN3CROMANC3Rxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #9
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
In all fairness I never tired it, did not feel like running around for 3mins just for it to spawn.

And Woo 3rd time worked like a charm since had the bots pattern down

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxN3CROMANC3Rxx View Post
Wow, Really any need for that?
Gun-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 PM   #10
VeNGeD

Captn Cabinet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
waw, that didnt seem necessary but w/e.
i never tried this because i got it the other way a**hole.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:33 PM   #11
Cold Marine

Quote:
You spelt "you're" wrong. Who's the retard now?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:42 AM   #12
s2l_soldier

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
I tried the darkwalker, and got into with no problem. However, the damn bot kept running from me and after 10 minutes with no kills, just quit the game. I'll try this method next.

**Is stupidity contagious?**

** Game Saving is no different than boosting: it's just people trying to justify laziness.**
s2l_soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 AM   #13
Ashley B Sivorn

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Ok so I tried the method of going on heatray a few times, and had been horified when the bot would either find me before the walker showed up, or would find bio gun, get invisible, and destroy me within my time. I had to find an easier way, and I did once I beat the game!

Instant Action Duel

If you beat the game you will recognize this level as the last one in chapter 4. If not, then you might wanna run around the level to get a little familiar, but really don't have to.

At the start, rush for the portal that leads to the ship way out in space. It is at the end of the level on the second floor up above that one mini nuke gun.

Anyways, teleport and get on the big gun. It now suddenly feels like a mini game, in which you are searching for the bot and using him as target practice. He never once in the whole match went through the portal, and I did keep an eye out just in case. He grabbed the mini nuke gun 3 times, and shot it, and was denied so very easily. The rocket comes at you at an extremely slow pace, and you shoot it once and it blows up.

Anyways, yes, very very easy! You dont have to wait around at all to jump into the portal. You can then kill him over and over. I had put low gravity on as well, so when he was doing his tricky jumping around, he would fly in the air and be an easy target, sometimes even flying off the level.

I hope this helps anyone who was having trouble on the heat ray level, I did this on my first try and it was a breeze. I would normally zoom halfway to the level, then zoom in to kill him when needed.

Good luck!
Nice Tactic Pal
I Got My Untouchable On HeatRay With The Dark Walker
The Achievement Seems Glitchy Because It Took Me 3-4 Attempts
Anyway I've Got 5 More Achievements To Go

Gonna Take A While

Bots Are Useless On CTF (Even Godlike)

Time Consuming

Also Time Consuming

Achievable From 21/08/08
Ashley B Sivorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #14
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
The bot shoots me while invisible, and over time I was dying because he would only rush me when he had that gun. He even ran inbetween my walker legs and was (i think) damaging me with the impact hammer! Godly indeed! Though I admit to not being so great at this game
Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #15
Steelhead

SG Steelhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2l_soldier View Post
I tried the darkwalker, and got into with no problem. However, the damn bot kept running from me and after 10 minutes with no kills, just quit the game. I'll try this method next.
I had the same problem. Plus, he seemed pretty tough to hit with the darkwalker.

Tyger's method, however, worked flawlessly on the first attempt. Definitely give this one a shot.

Thanks for the tip, Tyger. Worked absolutely perfectly!
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #16
AVENGER305

MathewMk2's Gamercard
OMG Man you rock! The way with the walker sucks! Survive for 3 min against a GODLIKE bot? im poossible. Your way i got it first try! Thanks!
AVENGER305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 AM   #17
s2l_soldier

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post

I had the same problem. Plus, he seemed pretty tough to hit with the darkwalker.

Tyger's method, however, worked flawlessly on the first attempt. Definitely give this one a shot.

Thanks for the tip, Tyger. Worked absolutely perfectly!
Yup, I just got it.

**Is stupidity contagious?**

** Game Saving is no different than boosting: it's just people trying to justify laziness.**
s2l_soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 AM   #18
Yogurt Top

Yogurt Top's Gamercard
got it first time, thanks :]
Yogurt Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #19
Nightmare792

HauntedxShadow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
definately the easiest way to do it...except that one time when i was about to go in the teleporter to get to the turret and they came out and dominated me and i was like "what the @#$%..." lol
Old 07-19-2008, 08:26 PM   #20
Kermad

Kermad's Gamercard
thanks man. worked the OP's way very easily. He didnt shoot at me with anything whilst i was gunning him down, so i don't know why some people encountered a 'mini-nuke'???

Kermad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #21
SlayerFan71

SlayerFan71's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post

Instant Action Duel

Good luck!
By far the easiest method posted here!
thx for the tip!
SlayerFan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #22
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVENGER305 View Post
OMG Man you rock! The way with the walker sucks! Survive for 3 min against a GODLIKE bot? im poossible. Your way i got it first try! Thanks!
I'm not trying to single you out, as a lot of people had a difficult time with the Heatray method, but it's definately not impossible. I did it 4 times straight. 1st time I forgot to set the time and got to 12-13 kills and the match ended. Second time I fell off the platform for whatever reason. Third time I had it set to deathmatch instead of duel. 4th time, achievement unlocked. This method was easy, but I have noticed that you have to have a little luck on your side or else he will bring the bio over and mess you up pretty quick.

Well done Tyger on finding this out. I'm sure it will help a lot of folks.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #23
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Thanks, haven't checked this in a while glad it helped people out
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Old 03-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #24
nWo Member69

nWo Skyline's Gamercard
yea thx for the tips man

***80,000 Gamerscore - 07-20-10***
***70,000 Gamerscore - 12-30-09***
***60,000 Gamerscore - 08-25-09***
***50,000 Gamerscore - 02-20-09***
nWo Member69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:32 AM   #25
killer420toker

killer420toker's Gamercard
Awesome dude got it first try much easier than heatwave method thanx
killer420toker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #26
XDesertClawX

XDesertClawX's Gamercard
worked the second time, thanks man.

My Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/XxDesertClawX?feature=mhee
XDesertClawX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #27
NKSX

Send a message via Skype™ to NKSX

sir bagel's Gamercard
thanks! gonna try it out now unreal is one of the more time consuming games for cheevos, but it's still mind numbing fun to play
NKSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #28
Blink

JDS Karma's Gamercard
Just tried this and he destroyed the turret with a sniper! I'm going to turn off the gravity like you said now.

Edit: Tried this with low gravity on, still getting destroyed.

Last edited by Blink; 08-25-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #29
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
Just got 21 kills in a row since I got -1 at beginning. NO ACHIEVEMENT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HiddenLongshot?feature=mhee
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #30
Aeternox

Aeternox's Gamercard
I know im bumping a very old post, but this method works great!, I got it on the very 1st try.
Also to anyone who is going for this method make sure your have impact hammer on I see some older posts here where people might of had the wrong weapon set up, this method works like a charm!

Thanks again tyger!
Aeternox is offline   Reply With Quote