PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Family Game Night 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
graemelunn

kotor legend's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Gamer Score League, MVP, Season 3   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Yahtzee Hands Down - Utterly Clueless....

Hey all,
Am trying to nail these achievements for this damn game but I dont even understand it.
How the hell do you even get a combo card? Do you have to get it exactly like in the centre, including colour?
How do you go "hands down" - the tutorial is poor...
Can you trade needed cards with other players? If so, how?

Sorry for needing hand holding through this but I really just dont understand what to do or how...
Old 04-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
toops

toopskittles's Gamercard
join the club. this game sucks.
toops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Maunick23

MAUNICK23's Gamercard
To go hands down press A+B at same time
To get rid of unwanted cards press A on the ones u dont want and then B
Maunick23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
o D M C o

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
Im clueless aswell, the game doesnt tell you how to play the game, both in terms of the rules and the buttons you need to press
o D M C o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:57 AM   #5
I Gil Galad I

I Gil Galad I's Gamercard
The combo card tell you what you need to get with a timer around it (the red dashes) for how long you have to get that specific combo. (It does help if you know the basic rules to Yahtzee).

For example: The middle combo card is 4 of a kind. You need to have four of the same number in your hand, of the same colour.

Wild cards count for any number in that colour. Some numbers have 3 colours in the background meaning they count for that number but for any colour. And some have 2 numbers eg 1/6 and they count for either number for that colour.

Another example: The middle combo card is Full House.
To get this, you need to have 3 numbers in one colour and 2 different numbers in a different colour.

Each combo is worth a certain amount eg. 4 of a kind - 4 points
Full House - 5 points

If you go hands down (A+B) you get the points and the middle combo card is renewed. If you were working towards the middle combo and someone goes hands down, bad luck, you will have to work towards the new one.
Once the time in the bottom right runs out, it adds up the points each person has got, the winner is the person with the most points.

Note: You can go hands down any time, it doesn't actually have to be your turn. So if you get the right cards but you turn runs out, still press A+B and you'll get it.

Hope this helps.

100% (inc. DLC): 95 Retail. 53 Arcade. 39 WP7.

Last edited by I Gil Galad I; 06-16-2011 at 07:49 AM.
I Gil Galad I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
MKLKT

MKLKT's Gamercard
It's also lame that the CPU player seems to beat out my hands even if mine were higher in #, it goes by quickly but doesn't look right. I just can't get over how skewed the "luck" is. Complete garbage, I'd feel sorry for any small kid who received this as a present or worse yet, bought it.
MKLKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Play original Yahtzee quick game! The games go by fast and you can EASILY get "combo knight".Trust me, you will rack up wins in no time.In about 30 min or so I already have 4 wins.As for the get 6 combo cards in a game..your best bet is to use 3 other controllers or play online against 3 other people.

You can use any conbination of players in Yahtzee to unlock the other 2 combo card cheevs.

P.S..in quick game, the game basically tells you when you get a hands down.When you see hand prints over any number of your cards just press A+B.The 6 card cheev may take some time.Even if you use 3 other controllers,getting the right cards is a crapshoot at best.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!

Last edited by Baki54; 06-23-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote