PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
GNB

xxxx Daddy xxxx's Gamercard
Do you prefer games with or without multiplayer achievements?

Do you prefer games with or without multiplayer achievements? I am asking because typically I like to play older games when I can get them used for a good price. I make a few exceptions for some blockbusters (CoD Black Ops, GoW, etc...) but typically I like saving some $$$.

Also, I am typically an offline gamer. I prefer single player campaigns, just relaxing, and being able to play at my own pace.

Both of these preferences combined pretty much makes it impossible for me to complete games with online achievements. As an example, I played Prey recently (about 300 years after everyone else stopped playing it) so getting the online achievements was never going to happen.

Please share you thoughts.
GNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
XYMistman

XY Mistman's Gamercard
In my perspective, it depends on if you have xbl friends or not, its easier and more fun to get multiplayer achievements with friends, without them, you just have to be lucky.
XYMistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
Snowwwwy

Snowwwwy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think Ive seen a thread similar to this a few times now, anyway, I might be wrong. I prefer offline achievements.
Snowwwwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:18 AM   #4
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNB View Post
As an example, I played Prey recently (about 300 years after everyone else stopped playing it) so getting the online achievements was never going to happen.
As long as the servers are still open, you can always find people in the achievement trading thread(s) and boost the multiplayer achievements.

Personally, I prefer multiplayer achievements. Mainly because it's a great way of determining cheaters and it adds replay value to the game.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:03 AM   #5
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Without defiantly!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:36 AM   #6
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
offline achievements>>no achievements >>playing jumper>>satan>>online achievements.

some may argue that playing jumper is worse than satan but other than that im pretty happy with that comparison

to me putting online cheeves in games is just trolling on the devs part. all it does is encourage people to do strange things online, frustrate people to no end and make 1000g impossible for a large portion of people. im all for online multiplayer when my internet's working, but online cheevos have no place in my games.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:06 AM   #7
GNB

xxxx Daddy xxxx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwwwy View Post
I think Ive seen a thread similar to this a few times now, anyway, I might be wrong. I prefer offline achievements.
You probably have, but I didn't search for it. I figured I would just start a new one. Also, I don't take directions well.
GNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:08 AM   #8
Duizendjes

Duizendjes's Gamercard
Without, I do not like to be in the position to use other to get some achievements. I know what I can and can't do when I play alone. For GH it is more fun though...
Old 04-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
SubG3nius

SubG3nius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I enjoy some games woth multiplayer cheevos, for example - Battlefield, it works perfect with some online cheevos. Some games should stay far away from them though.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #10
Savvi

Savvi McWin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubG3nius View Post
I enjoy some games woth multiplayer cheevos, for example - Battlefield, it works perfect with some online cheevos. Some games should stay far away from them though.
agreed, I think Battlefield got the online cheevos right in Bad Company 2, you have to work for them, but they aren't crazy hard to get, just takes some playing.
Savvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #11
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Without. Because eventually the game will get old and the online community dies. Take NBA LIVE 06, the online servers got shut down, thus making it impossible to get the play online achievement.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #12
MJGB

I don't like multiplayer achievements AT ALL.

Single player achievements are fine, as it requires you to play the game, which is fair enough.

Multiplayer achievements however rely on many variables, the most important being that you need an online community. Something like Call of Duty is okay with them, as people will always be online, but for smaller titles, there could be no online community with which to get the achievements!
MJGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #13
Mongolian Beef

cRow Dance's Gamercard

Without. I hate all online achievements.

Mongolian Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #14
albino marv

albino marv's Gamercard
Im replying to original post I dont really like the multi pleyer games I prefer single player games where you can play at your own speed and do what you want and your not getting the shit blown out of you by some gamer who is on the game 24 hours a day. I play when i get the time so single player games in my mind are better and I love the assasins creed series and I think adding a multi player to it has ruined it as a challenging but great single player game I think it would of made the same ammount of money any way.
albino marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #15
Odiumruse

Send a message via AIM to Odiumruse Send a message via MSN to Odiumruse Send a message via Yahoo to Odiumruse

OdiumRuse's Gamercard
Completely depends on a few factors.
What type of online achievement, how popular the game is. & leaving the servers open.

I.e: Halo 3: Shoot 2 people with on Spartan Lazer. Or whatever it is just led to every damn lobby asking for people to boost it with them, and the chances of getting it legit were low. That type I don't like.
Forza 2, Earn 1mill credits online I didn't like.

But achievements like in blur online, Get 3 race awards in a row, Reach level 50 etc. I find them fun and find it adds more incentive to play the multiplayer past a few tries.

To add some I would like to see, for example Call Of Duty: Black Ops... Destroy 100 Bomb sites, 30gs, capture 100 flags & return 100 flags. 30gs. Earn 50 kills with every primary gun. 10gs. Not Reach 15th Prestige. Level achievements are okay if they take 20/30 hours. Not 15 days of gameplay time.

Last edited by Odiumruse; 04-10-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Odiumruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
CyanideSpirit

Send a message via Yahoo to CyanideSpirit

CyanideSpirit's Gamercard

I actually prefer a little of both kinds. I just don't think there should multiplayer achievements that take forever to complete in games!

First on x360a.org to complete Zeno Clash 2!
CyanideSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
DemoMCN

Send a message via MSN to DemoMCN

Demo MCN's Gamercard
Mostly without, but depends what game is it.. AC: Brotherhood is one of those that i prefer.
Collection 201 CDs & 259 DVDs
Goodbye Theatre Of Tragedy 1993-2010 we'll miss you..
DemoMCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #18
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Nah they distract from the experience of playing online, everyone has a motive (like people non stop c4ing buildings in BC2 to get demo2.0).

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #19
WipeoutBoy1

xenomorphs's Gamercard
Prefer without online achievements as I can enjoy the game without been forced to play a crappy online mode to get achievements.
WipeoutBoy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #20
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

I'd rather have all offline cheevos without any online. The problem with online ones is that certain games just don't have online communities anymore. If you're buying an older game that isn't Halo or COD, you'll have to find people online to boost with, and that can be a pain in the ass. I've always liked that the COD series, for the most part, didn't have online cheevos, and even the ones that did are still easily obtainable.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #21
Ac3 Milla

Ac3 Milla's Gamercard
No achievements in multiplayer or you can achive them in both,
like some achievements in "Red Dead Redamtion"
Ac3 Milla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #22
Zer0runner

zer0runner's Gamercard
I prefer WITHOUT achievements online. I've gotten older, my reaction times have slowed down, and it costs me in vs. play. At least I can usually outsmart single player campaigns, or memorize spawn points.

Last edited by Zer0runner; 04-10-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Screwing up basic spelling again.
Zer0runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #23
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Definiately prefer them without online achievements, EA sports games definiately fall into this catagory.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #24
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

I prefer them without MP. It's partly because communities die very quick in most MP games, but some of the achievements requires you to ''boost'' them, or be ridiculously lucky.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #25
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I can't say that I am a big fan of mulitplayer achievements, especially when they include killing x amount of people or win x amount of games on ___ map etc. If they are creative then I will go ahead and do them, but if they are boring or bland then I wont.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #26
Andarion

Col Andarion's Gamercard
without. that way i dont have to worry about there being no one to play with later on down the road. that, and im generally pretty awful at games online anyways
"I love multiplayer as much as the next guy, but the day that games start becoming multiplayer only on a wide scale is the day I find a new field to hold my interest and cash. I can't see myself staying in a genre where K/D ratio is the measure of a person's worth, and trash talk is the norm."
~Arkalivan
Andarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #27
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R's Gamercard

without

i mean i dont like playing games past the campaign

online is usually full of assholes and the online achievements are usually really dull. for people playing multiplayer it must also be annoying trying to play and have 6 players or whatever blow you from king of the hill because they want to boost or stuff like that.

i dont mind co-op achievements though, as long as its possible to do them offline aswell, just adds to the fun.
AVP

Arcade Games Boosting
splosion man
metal slug 3 & dx
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #28
theduke1

ShadowBCFC's Gamercard
I dont Mind Multiplayer Achievements as long as its not a grind or like the medal Of Honor Fire Controller Achievement You had to be exceptionally Good to get that
theduke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #29
ARCANEVALORE
Banned User

arcane x knight's Gamercard
If the multiplayer is good i expect them, Games like Fear 2, Prey, Even Lost Planet 1 is empty I am glad they had online achievements and for the most part I enjoy them. I was more shocked that CoD didn't have any so i never played online Plus i dislike CoD except Zombies... Zombies is a plus!
I Think only certain games should have them. but either way i'll get them
ARCANEVALORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #30
Kievah

Kievah's Gamercard
My experience is limited at the moment, but I prefer achievements without the online multiplayer achievements. It's frustrating when I play older titles and nobody is available online, or, worse, accessing the game server from my country gives a horrible connection, at best (SFIV comes to mind).
Kievah is offline   Reply With Quote