PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #391
lonehorn78

lonehorn78's Gamercard
Both, but depending on the game type, for example online vs achievements on a game like dead rising 2 is useless but is convenient for games such as gow or cod or similar
lonehorn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:07 AM   #392
dothtmaster

DoThtMaSteR's Gamercard
Without! i never seem to have time to get them if they're online.
dothtmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #393
TheOceanHasEyes

TheOceanHasEyes's Gamercard
Definitely without. I am terrible at multiplayer, except Gears of War. I don't mind Gears of War online achievements. Every other game that has multiplayer I usually go like 2-10.
TheOceanHasEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #394
CarwashNUMBER9

CarwashNUMBER9's Gamercard
no on line. i like how ME3, most online can be do in campain
CarwashNUMBER9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #395
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Out of all these dislikes for MP achivements maybe some DEVS are reading this thread and decide to not add any MP achivements in their future games.

COD 2 and 4 did it right. They had MP but all SP achivements.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #396
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Out of all these dislikes for MP achivements maybe some DEVS are reading this thread and decide to not add any MP achivements in their future games.

COD 2 and 4 did it right. They had MP but all SP achivements.
Maybe we should send the thread link to all Devs. That would get them straight.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 AM   #397
sk83rty

Send a message via AIM to sk83rty Send a message via Skype™ to sk83rty

Host Change's Gamercard
We'll put it this way. Tonight, I was going for an achievement on Halo 4 that requires healing 5 people (total, not in 1 game) near death with the regeneration field. The teammates I was getting were so bad that it took almost 2 hours. And one kid that knew i was going for it was intentionally not going in there and he was trying to make me mad in game chat.

Online achievements can be ok if it's something like: "rank up" or anything that isnt based on teammate/opponent behavior. Anything that requires cooperation of other people that aren't your friends usually is a lot of trouble with how the Live community in general is, and usually ends up in me getting angry. Achievements shouldn't be "kill person that is doing X" because that means you have to match a person that is actually doing that particular activity. Also, only competent people play the game correctly anyway, so finding somebody doing what the developer actually intends to happen in their game might actually be hard to come across on some titles.

I've pretty much lost faith in the average random person I come into contact with on Xbox Live, so generally online achievements are bad.
Arcade: 14

Last edited by sk83rty; 04-22-2013 at 05:47 AM.
sk83rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #398
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
Maybe we should send the thread link to all Devs. That would get them straight.

Maybe,not all,you cant please everybody

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #399
Robs95

THC Robs95's Gamercard
online achievements can make the 100% way harder, i think rank up achievements and do x kills with y weapon is ok but nothing like win 50 games in a row or heal 5 teammates at onces! its to hard and everyone is going to boost it anyway
Robs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #400
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robs95 View Post
online achievements can make the 100% way harder, i think rank up achievements and do x kills with y weapon is ok but nothing like win 50 games in a row or heal 5 teammates at onces! its to hard and everyone is going to boost it anyway
I agree with you. Mildly difficult achievements are ok, but having to spend hours online in a game that's not cool at all.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #401
Y2JEH

Y2JEH's Gamercard
I can't stand games with multiplayer achievements. There are a few exceptions, when done right, like others have said...an achievement that involves naturally ranking up and such, but other than that I hate multiplayer achievements...
Y2JEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:06 AM   #402
Firebrand SigilForge

I prefer knock-down co op for most games. Local multi-player with the added online benefit.
Firebrand SigilForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #403
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle View Post
I agree with you. Mildly difficult achievements are ok, but having to spend hours online in a game that's not cool at all.

Yeah I know. It'll be a bitch to get to rank lvl 50 and a few michelenious online achivements in Brotherhood. Atleast the guide says Revelations online achivements are MUCH easier.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 05-22-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #404
Rossco7530

Rossco7530's Gamercard
Without for me. Some games in multiplayer are fun, but most of the time they are horrendously unbalanced.

I think multiplayer is the wrong way around - when you start, you don't know the game, the maps and the tactics. You're learning and that's when you should have all the bonuses and good weapons, etc...

One you progress, you learn how to play the game and can be competitive without all the extra skills and toys. Having developed the skills and with all the weapons, advanced players tend to wipe the floor, usually ruining the game for noobies.

Multiplayer is not single player, but developers haven't worked that out yet, and they stick to the tried and true leveling-up system. No wonder people can't be bothered slogging through the lower levels of MP games, getting their asses handed to them - its just not fun!
Rossco7530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #405
augusto17381

Augus173's Gamercard
Withouth, I don't use multiplayer that much, I'm more a single player guy
augusto17381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #406
DarthNyx

DarthNyx's Gamercard
Without, I can't ever seem to find anyone to play multiplayer with.
DarthNyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #407
HyperShot12

HyperShot12's Gamercard
Although I do like Multiplayer, I like it when there are only singleplayer achievements as they are easier to get.

HyperShot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #408
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperShot12 View Post
Although I do like Multiplayer, I like it when there are only singleplayer achievements as they are easier to get.

Yeah Duke Nukem Forever,COD II,COD 4 all had MP but only SP achivements.

Why can't many games be like this. I hate boosting. I have to boost Revelations,Brotherhood,Kane and lynch 2 when all 3 would already be at 1000 gs if they didn't have MP achivements.

Time SHift will be another once I finnish up Elite SP.

I plan on getting Bioshock 2 when I finnish off Bioshock 1. 5 achivements to go. I know that game will be a pain to boost.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #409
TheShadowKws84

TheShadowKws84's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
I plan on getting Bioshock 2 when I finnish off Bioshock 1. 5 achivements to go. I know that game will be a pain to boost.
I still need to play the multi on BioShock 2. A friend and I were just discussing it last week and we were wondering how many people still play it.

http://www.facebook.com/mrjones1984
TheShadowKws84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #410
kutpurse

kutpurse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNB View Post
Do you prefer games with or without multiplayer achievements? I am asking because typically I like to play older games when I can get them used for a good price. I make a few exceptions for some blockbusters (CoD Black Ops, GoW, etc...) but typically I like saving some $$$.

Also, I am typically an offline gamer. I prefer single player campaigns, just relaxing, and being able to play at my own pace.

Both of these preferences combined pretty much makes it impossible for me to complete games with online achievements. As an example, I played Prey recently (about 300 years after everyone else stopped playing it) so getting the online achievements was never going to happen.

Please share you thoughts.
I don't like mp cheevos either. I am single player fan.
kutpurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #411
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowKws84 View Post
I still need to play the multi on BioShock 2. A friend and I were just discussing it last week and we were wondering how many people still play it.

I doubt there would be too many people playing for fun on Bioshock 2's online.

I hope to get Bioshock 2 and Fallout 3 (GOTY,just for the DLCS) tommorow.

I don't have much to do in Bioshock 1 and maybe I can take a break from it and experaince Bioshock 2. I always stayed away from 2 because I was scared it would ruin the first's greatness. If ever there was a game that didn't need a sequel it would be Bioshock.

But after looking it up on Youtube it looks great. Many people have said the MP boosting is a pain in Bio 2.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #412
TheRamboPanda

A Rambo Panda's Gamercard
Easily without unless it really is suitable and not too stress-worthy to get online.
TheRamboPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:13 AM   #413
exbawks

xsrw's Gamercard
Depends on what the achievements are like.

I prefer ones that require unique tasks as opposed to:

"Reach level 50 in Multiplayer"
exbawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #414
Maximum Sawfish

maximum sawfish's Gamercard
I see a lot of people moaning about online achievements but i think thats the problem people don't want to play the likes of Max Payne 3 and Tomb Raider online, which i think are ok (not played Max Payne 3) but i think as a result of people not wanting to do online play because they can't be assed with the achievements the game suffers despite being perfectly entertaining. I do not mind online achievements but i don't think they should be rank based or nigh impossible to get.
However i'm sure most people are ok with it and the cod community maintain this perspective, i like cod but people that are religiously cod are moronic most the time and i think what they say has to much sway with producers.
Hope that helps, if not it got somethings of my chest.
Maximum Sawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:39 AM   #415
Galarzaa90

Galarzaa90's Gamercard
I prefer games with online only achievements, specially because servers get shutdown over time, leaving a lot of unobtanaible achievements.

If there are online achievements, I hate "win X times in a row" achievements and I hate a little bit less "Reach the highest rank" achievements
Galarzaa90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #416
monkeyunderpants

Without. I'm not a fan of competitive multiplayer.
monkeyunderpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #417
EarthFool

KodoSoup's Gamercard
if multyplayer cheevos are just there to make you try the multyplayer, which is not fun at all (rdr is a bright example of that), then I'd rather have all sp cheevos. If the multiplayer is entertaining, though, i would play it anyway and getting some cheevos while enjoying the multiplayer side of the game is something I like.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #418
RoffleWoffle

Nick der Weiss's Gamercard
Definitely without. If the multiplayer is fun, people will come to it. Making achievements that depending heavily on there being real people available to get means that you need to get a bunch of your friends together and grind them out, eliminating the fun of getting achievements and making it more of a chore.
RoffleWoffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #419
soldier95

TearfulPrawn77's Gamercard
I prefer games to not have multiplayer achievements since I generally dont play multiplayer except for COD or Halo. However, some games multiplayer achievements i really enjoyed like GTA IV even though I never got them all.