Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #31
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Absolutely not, they are a cheap way to force players to play a gametype they dont like or even want to play. Which ruins the game for people who actually want to play the games as they are intended.

One solution would be to incorporate a BOT system like CoD's combat training where any cheeve that focuses on multiplayer can be earned by playing against bots too. That way people can play the games without the bullshit like camping and noobtubing ect....

however my argument is always that Multiplayer should be about fun and fun only not bullshit boosting cheeves
Old 04-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #32
Mirari SDMF

Mirari SDMF's Gamercard
i prefer games without MP achievements.
there are some really good multiplayer games but there are also some games with a good campaign but sucky MP.
so if i'm going for the full 100% it's really annoying to have those MP achievements.
Mirari SDMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #33
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
offline achievements>>no achievements >>playing jumper>>satan>>online achievements.

some may argue that playing jumper is worse than satan but other than that im pretty happy with that comparison

to me putting online cheeves in games is just trolling on the devs part. all it does is encourage people to do strange things online, frustrate people to no end and make 1000g impossible for a large portion of people. im all for online multiplayer when my internet's working, but online cheevos have no place in my games.
couldnt agree more
Old 04-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #34
vmu

VMU's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I'm all for challenging achievements but I hate online achievements. For games with dieing communities its only hard to get them because only god-tier players play anymore. And games with huge communities have people creating lobbies specifically for the cheevos. I remember when people would boost for overkill in halo 3 when i just wanted to play. I hate to admit it but Call of duty 4, mw2 got it right with no online cheevos.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 AM   #35
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
I’m against them myself. For many of the same reasons people have already said here.

Its not that I cant afford them, but I simply don’t think most games are worth the $60 price tag they have when they are first released so I tend to pick them up a year or so later when they are more reasonable, but by then the online is usually dead.

Also I think a lot of them are simply ridiculous and are geared only towards getting people to play the game more. If I spend a week or so getting through the offline portion of a game playing in my free time, yet the online portion would take literally months of constant playing to get, I think thats pointless. There’s a lot of games out there I’d like to play, I don’t have time to invest hundreds of hours into one alone.

Probably the biggest reason I don’t like them is because I find most multiplayer games pointless. Take any FPS game for example, in the main game there’s a point, an objective. “Reach the airfield and take out the bombers” or something. However multiplayer basically amounts to nothing more than running around some map shooting everyone in site before they shoot you. I’m sorry but that’s about the most ridiculously boring thing I can think of. No objective, no plan of attack, just throw everyone in the ring for 5 minutes and see who’s left standing. You really have a boring life if you spend more than an occasional 30 minutes doing something like that.

Another thing I’d like to see Microsoft set up, or make mandatory for every game is separate servers for adults and kids. Under 21 should be on one and adults should have their own. I get so annoyed when I do go online only to find a bunch of damn kids playing in the same match as me. I honestly think I would play more online games if this were the case.

If its true that what you don’t know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #36
Kilo666Charlie

Kilo666Charlie's Gamercard
i'm not a big fan of Multiplayer-Specific achievements... mostly because i'm too cheap to buy GOLD, but also because those are subject to the whims of other players. if nobody decides to play a certain game online anymore, then it's nearly impossible to get those achievements, and seemingly difficult/nigh impossible online-only achievements (such as "Save This Film" for Halo 3 [15 kills in 1 game, 0 deaths]) can easily be "boosted" for by gathering a few XBL GOLD friends and putting forth minimal effort to set it up and guarantee it. making the achievement in essence pointless because it just brags that you have a few friends, and not that you actually have any skill.
Kilo666Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #37
Density Jo

Density Jo's Gamercard
Offline achievements are better because they are more relaxing and better and saves you some money, i really hate to admit it, but achievement boosting is a pain in the neck -_- only if all the achievements in the xbox 360 world were offline, i'd already have 500k gamerscore and beat everyone including stallion *evil laugh*

50,000G Achieved on 01/06/2011 by "The best pirate I've ever seen" Achievement (LEGO Pirates)
70,000G Achieved on 20/10/2012 by "Sage" Achievement (AC: Revelations)
Xbox Died in 2012 so I cant be bothered to buy a 4th one in case that one dies as well
Moved to PS3 now, sorry, PSN DensityJo if you want to get in touch

Density Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #38
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I don´t like MP achivements. Some kind of "getting 5 kills in a row" is very boring.

A level achivement is ok. You can reach these relaxed.

Overall i like single achivements much more then MP.
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #39
Kazuya86

Send a message via MSN to Kazuya86 Send a message via Skype™ to Kazuya86

kazzer86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
It all depends on what the achievements are like. Mostly I would prefer to have singleplayer ones, but if the online achievements are enjoyable and fun to get, then I don't mind getting them.

Kazuya86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #40
Strider16

DanHTFC's Gamercard
I much prefer singleplayer achievements. I don't so much like multiplayer achievements because it tends to just be a hassle. I don't mind them, but they sometimes drag, hence why I prefer singleplayer. They just seem to be much straight forward.
Strider16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #41
Snowwwwy

Snowwwwy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So, looks like the majority doesnt like multiplayer achievements, lets contact Microsoft. Haha.
Snowwwwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #42
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwwwy View Post
So, looks like the majority doesnt like multiplayer achievements, lets contact Microsoft. Haha.
I think the company´s will see that. I think the next Assasins Creed and the next Dead Space got no MP mode!
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #43
Muhnamana

Muhnamana's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I HATE multiplayer achievements. Please, please get rid of them!

Muhnamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #44
schism35

Schism35's Gamercard
MP achievements suck bad.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #45
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
MP achievements? ugh. If they have them and I stumble across a few great. The only game I actually tried for them was Bad Company 1. Not really an MP guy but in any game I'll dip into it to see how the experience goes. But achievements won't convince me to play MP if I find I'm not having much fun with it. More a campaign kinda dude.

I really dig online co-op mode ones though, zombies, horde, co-op campaign that sort of thing. Having to work with your friends as a team always makes them fun. Endure from ODST is still one of my favs of all time with my usual squadmates.

But getting X no. of kills in TDM or capturing X no. of objectives, reaching level whatever ... nah. When I do dip into MP, I'd rather focus on just playing.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #46
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
As a rule, co-op tends to be fun, while MP tends to be painful.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 56 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 11-6-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #47
BLOOdREDkN7GHT

BLOOdREDkN7GHT's Gamercard
in general, i dont like multiplayer achievements cause i rarely play online, however, i dont mind the easy ones like "get one win" or "get your first kill" cause it makes people who dont usually play mp play it to get the cheevos and maybe they will actually like it... i recently put some time into RDR mp to get a few cheevos and actually had fun once i played long enough to get a big posse and go around killing baddies

- Retail 1000+: [42] - Arcade 200+: [23] - Games Played: [341] -
- First Achievement: [Escaped the Imperial Sewers, OBLIVION; 4/27/2006] -
- Currently Working On: [Grand Theft Auto V] -
BLOOdREDkN7GHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #48
Delboy

x Nadzy X's Gamercard
I love multiplayer! Infact, I RARELY buy a game without it. I do just look to get achievements, however like MW2, I just played for the fun of it.

Completed Retail Games (3)
Fifa 11, Fable II GOTY, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Completed Arcade Games (5)
Harm's Way, Deadrising Case: Zero, Aegis Wing, Xbox Live Labs, Dash of Destruction.
Delboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #49
X ashes2ashes X

O ashes2ashes O's Gamercard
without mp achievements because they can be a pain in the ass and they force you to play game modes u dont enjoy
Old 04-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #50
Arduous Wolf

Arduous Wolf's Gamercard
Without.

I tend to buy games on release and then forget about them for months (even years, looking at you Oblivion). So when I come to play them the online is dead and I know I'll never get those achievements.

Also I am rubbish when it comes to competitive play, so I don't have much chance of getting those type anyway.
Arduous Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:53 AM   #51
Snowwwwy

Snowwwwy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
As a rule, co-op tends to be fun, while MP tends to be painful.
Yeh, I agree with you, coop has some fun achievements.
Snowwwwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #52
Lethal Dame

Espada Harribel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Most of my friends play PC so I don't have a lot of people to play Co-op or Multiplayer with on XBL. It is because of this that I prefer games without Multiplayer achievements, I don't like to rely on randoms.

"Prepare to die, obviously."
Lethal Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #53
AlphaGamer

Eldest Sniper's Gamercard
I prefer games without multiplayer achievements because when people eventually stop playing multiplayer then you cant get them, just leaves a bad aftertaste.
AlphaGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #54
AssassinGnome

AssassinGnome's Gamercard
i prefer single player games i dont like to depend on other players to obtain them example the bioshock 2 multiplayer maps i had to rely with 5 other players in order to obtain that achievement.

AssassinGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #55
TheDarkAvenger

Offline. My perfect type of achievement list is like Dead Space and Left 4 Dead, you just do fun, silly things. (Minus the kill a million zombies ones):P
TheDarkAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #56
Baylor05

SigTau Lwyr ESQ's Gamercard
Man people on here really hate online achievements.

I do prefer offline achievements, because then I don't have to worry about boosting or the servers going down like on Madden. However, I do think multiplayer achievements can add to a game's value. The online achievements for Gears of War 2 and Halo: Reach in my opinion are not impossible to get even without boosting, and personally give me incentive to play multiplayer when I wouldn't otherwise. I don't play Call of Duty multiplayer since there are no achievements, and I would if there were. If a game is going to be supported for a few years like Halo and Gears of War, then go ahead and put online achievements.

I think if the developers know their game isn't going to dominate the multiplayer scene, then yeah they should choose to leave them out. I know it can be hard to predict the future for developers, but at least make the online achievements achieveable without 100 hours of gameplay required. That's all I ask.
Baylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #57
Litejk

litejk's Gamercard
a combintion of the two of them
Litejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #58
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

I prefer games with good achievementlists and fun and enjoyable achievements, couldnt care less if they are online or offline tbh.

But then again i dont boost 99% of my games like most scorewhores seem to do

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #59
Braiiins

Braiiins's Gamercard

I don't mind them unless they're ridiculous. Maybe like a "reach maximum level" achievements are okay but stuff like "win x matches on these maps" or "get 100k kills".

My big problem is co-op achievements that don't allow online play but there's not many games that do that I think.
Windows Phone: 68
Braiiins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #60
Johnnyboy

Ohjohnnyt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Without for me !
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote