PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Samurai Difficulty: Vampire vs The DW.

Which one is harder?

I personally never finished the first one in Samurai difficulty because I didn't know about the method back then, it was insanely annoying and frustrating which made me think mastering Mutant Storm was probably easier.

Now it's back to that achievement, I purchased the game earlier today but I hope that the Samurai completion is actually 'doable' which hopefully won't let me prefer to watch paint dry than to try mastering the game.

Thoughts?
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
I use the Dishwasher right now, mainly because he feels more abusable. Up+YXYXYXYXY... with the guillotine is very good at getting rid of everything from zombies to those dudes with trenchcoats, hooks and shotguns. It also deals great damage to bigger enemies and bosses (The Lich went down in seconds).

The default sword is also very good, mainly "XXXY", or "XXX, Down+X, XXXY". When you manage to launch some durable enemies, you should just keep hitting them in the air until they're dead though, unless other enemies are threatening you. The best way to launch someone is to grab them, then just pressing XXX mid-grab.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
The Reaper0

The Lavirix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
I use the Dishwasher right now, mainly because he feels more abusable. Up+YXYXYXYXY... with the guillotine is very good at getting rid of everything from zombies to those dudes with trenchcoats, hooks and shotguns. It also deals great damage to bigger enemies and bosses (The Lich went down in seconds).

The default sword is also very good, mainly "XXXY", or "XXX, Down+X, XXXY". When you manage to launch some durable enemies, you should just keep hitting them in the air until they're dead though, unless other enemies are threatening you. The best way to launch someone is to grab them, then just pressing XXX mid-grab.
As I put in the guide, DW's cleavers are fantastic against the masses, as in every enemy except bosses. But Yuki's conviction/chainsaw XY combo is THE boss killer, no exceptions. Warp/XY/XY/warp/XY/XY. The boss is dead in no time. I haven't had that much experience with the guillotine though. My overall experience with it is that it's very slow and costs quite a few hits before you can get a combo going.

This campaign is not as hard as the first game. You could probably do just as well as either character.
Rush 'N Attack: Ex-Patriot

Do it proper or go home.

The Reaper0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
Shadowiii

Scand3licious's Gamercard
This game is atrociously easier than the first one, by far.
Probably because the combat is more refined, and also because you have infinite continues. And heal magic. And beads that heal you.
So yeah, I'd say you could totally do it. Arcade mode is easier too.

Recent 100%s - Deathspank ("Greetings, Taco Wench!")

Shadowiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Perax

Send a message via MSN to Perax

Perax's Gamercard
Vampire Smile is much more easier than the first one.

Well, or maybe the first one was too difficult (Samurai mode was insane single player)!

Perax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:25 AM   #6
Smash XL

Smash XL's Gamercard
I just beat Samurai today. Difficult, but very doable. I could barely get passed the first stage on my own in the first game. This one only gave me brief moments of frustration.
Smash XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #7
The Lazy Pyro

TheOnlyDoctorG's Gamercard
Vampire Smile is the easier of the two. I only just beat Dead Samurai the other day on Samurai, but I got Vampire Smile's 200/200 a few weeks after I got it. Love both games though.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Is it sad that I made it through the entire first level on Samurai difficulty before I realized that you could upgrade your stuff? Yeaaaaah. 'Tis much more manageable once you've done that. /facepalm

Last edited by Buruma; 08-22-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Buruma is offline   Reply With Quote