PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Terminator: Salvation
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
Fonck07

Fonck07's Gamercard
help in level 3 hard

hi everyone i need a couple of pointers here, im at the part of the t-800 and some guy is making me pipe bombs to kill them but i ran off bombs and i'm prety much surrounded, what do i do?
Fonck07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:43 AM   #2
XxHektikxX

XxHEKTIKxX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
ya this part gave me some problems too, seems like if i went out to grab pipe bombs then id get destroyed. I followed this strat, and it worked like a charm:

When they bust through the wall and you are told to run upstairs, hug the outer wall (away from railing), you seem to take a bit less damage.

When you get to the area where the guy is making the pipebombs, take cover behind the broken table that overlooks the stairs and yard area. Don't bother with the L shaped file cabinet cover or behind the refrigerators.

Ignore the first T6 that comes up the stairs, he will come all the way to your side, but will be unable to shoot you behind the table. The second T6 will stop his patrol directly across from you. Grab one pipebomb (actually gives you two) and throw them at the T6. His chest will malfunction and all you need to do is finish him off with any gun, or grab another pipebomb stack.

When he dies, a door will open and another T6 will appear where the first one that you ignored is at. Get out of cover, but stay near the table, and just get a position (I had to autorun against the railing) to get a clean shot on the final 2 terminators. You can either grab another pipebomb or just lay into them with your guns. 99% of the time they will concentrate on your AI friends and won't attack you. If you do go out into the open to grab pipebombs, they will shoot at you. Once you kill both of them, make your way into the next area.

This trick almost just abuses the line of sight that the terminators have on you, and is absolutely doable on your first try with this strategy, given they dont mow you down as you run up the stairs.

Credit goes to SEMP PI

XxHektikxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
xxXI Dave IXxx

xxXI Dave IXxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Just be sure to use the shotgun here. Using the rifle and pipe bombs I was dying everytime. The first time I used the shotgun, I cleared this and the next part with no pipe bombs. The shotgun is where its at against these dudes. You can blind fire, and will hit them everytime with the shotty.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:49 AM   #4
Fonck07

Fonck07's Gamercard
THANK YOU! your strategy worked like a charm, I lost my temper a couple of times with this t-600
Fonck07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
StolenKyle/

Send a message via AIM to StolenKyle/ Send a message via MSN to StolenKyle/

KyleDDx's Gamercard
This was honestly the hardest part for me.

The rest was a breeze.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
I know he passed, but I have a small tip.

First, run up the stairs, staying against the wall, come all the way around and to the farthest cover point on the left. Throw all your gernades at the first 600 coming upstairs facing away from you. This should kill it, or slow it get it close to dead. Then turn around and pick up the bombs and throw them at the next 800 coming up the stairs, which should kill it. Then just throw bombs at the other and your done.

Just keep throwing bombs/gernades at the glowing red spots.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #7
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
The first Terminator that stands on the other side of the balcony always shoot the guy doing the pipe bombs... when you climb the stairs, just take the first pipe bom, and go to the barricade in the middle of the screen, on the left side, behind the column.

From there you can shoot freely the Terminator of the other side, he will not shoot you, and can take your time on taking out the remaining 2 Terminators...with the cover of the column that should not be a problem.

In this game when you die a lot, it's just a matter of changing your location to take out the enemies.
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
Da CRU Mughhh

CRU x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
This helped alot got it on my first try. Where i was sitting here for 30mins trying to figure out what to do. It never crossed my mind to shoot the guy across from me first lol.. DOH

<--Click to follow me on Twitter
Da CRU Mughhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHektikxX View Post
When they bust through the wall and you are told to run upstairs, hug the outer wall (away from railing), you seem to take a bit less damage.

When you get to the area where the guy is making the pipebombs, take cover behind the broken table that overlooks the stairs and yard area. Don't bother with the L shaped file cabinet cover or behind the refrigerators.

Ignore the first T6 that comes up the stairs, he will come all the way to your side, but will be unable to shoot you behind the table. The second T6 will stop his patrol directly across from you. Grab one pipebomb (actually gives you two) and throw them at the T6. His chest will malfunction and all you need to do is finish him off with any gun, or grab another pipebomb stack.

When he dies, a door will open and another T6 will appear where the first one that you ignored is at. Get out of cover, but stay near the table, and just get a position (I had to autorun against the railing) to get a clean shot on the final 2 terminators. You can either grab another pipebomb or just lay into them with your guns. 99% of the time they will concentrate on your AI friends and won't attack you. If you do go out into the open to grab pipebombs, they will shoot at you. Once you kill both of them, make your way into the next area.

This trick almost just abuses the line of sight that the terminators have on you, and is absolutely doable on your first try with this strategy, given they dont mow you down as you run up the stairs.

Credit goes to SEMP PI
All I can say is thank god for these tips as this area was really starting to frustrate me. I just couldnt get anymore pipe bombs without being mowed down. Worked like a charm.

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
stevedb79

steve 090706's Gamercard
thankyou...saved me alot of swearing!!!!
stevedb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #11
jobys

Inbred Friend's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Dude, this has been p***ing me off for ages - THANK YOU!

jobys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #12
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Yes this had been the hardest part of the game, so far, for me as well. However, I just started level 5. The strategy above is good. I hid in the L shaped thing, but you can get hit inside there and on Hard you will not last very long there. Once I took care of that guy on the right I hid behind the fridge on the left in front of the table with pipe bombs. The most frustrating part is when you die and have to restart - the checkpoint reloads you need to take off because half your health will be gone by the time you reach the pipe bomb area. However, sometimes my health regenerated upstairs..dont ask me how as it should not until the battles are over.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
EngineerTheDead

o Shadowlaw o's Gamercard
This was the only part of the game I found hard. It was stupidly frustrating, until I worked out the same strategy as has been mentioned. The rest of the game on hard has been a breeze.

Archer: Stop. Shut up. I have to go, and If I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll... rub sand in your dead little eyes.
Woodhouse: Very good, Sir.
Archer: I also need you to go buy sand.
Woodhouse: Yes, Sir.
Archer: I don't know if they grade it, but... coarse.

-- When sending a friend request please include a message with the reason for the add. Thankyou. --

EngineerTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #14
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I stayed downstairs and shot the Terminator that stays further away from your friends with my shotgun, then I came to the forums to see a nice strategy and saw this thread. When I was going to try it, my friends had shot the two other Terminators, so I only had to shot the one from downstairs, and I stayed behind a pillar so it couldn't shoot at me. Unfortunately in the next room where there is about 4 Terminators coming from the wall, I thought you need to shoot them, but then the screen was saying "Don't leave the battle" and already the Terminators were on the door so I couldn't follow my mates and then Game Over "You left the battle."... After that, I changed for The Godfather...
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
Yea this part was absolutely a pain in the ass. When those damn T6s come by you and your hiding behind a wall or a desk, they'll just swing their arms from like 10 ft. away and you'll die. I guess I know what they meant when they all said this game was glitched. Pretty annoying.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:08 AM   #16
iruhlman

iruhlman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
nvm.

another tip is stay with the group of 3 soldiers as they take almost all damage for you (they can't die). You'll reach the top with full health

twitter

Last edited by iruhlman; 06-21-2009 at 04:37 AM.
iruhlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #17
ARNETT 4

dusty leg's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
woowwww

thank god for this thread! and thank god if there are no more levels like this one..

i just completed this level and daaaaammmmnnnn its hard as hell on hard

much easier with the strategy though!

thank you!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #18
ironpunisher200

ironpunisher200's Gamercard
Unfortunately, the hardest part is yet to come. Chapter 7 is the absolute worst, with Terminators and spiders pretty much popping up every few seconds
ironpunisher200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #19
kingofkings dfa

LegendKillerDFA's Gamercard
this worked like a charm with my first attempt so glad you guy put this up

Seriously 2.0 7/12/08. 1 month 100,000 kills

COD C, 2, 3, MW, WAW, MW2, BO, MW3 VETERAN
kingofkings dfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #20
Horrible Fate

Horrible Fate's Gamercard
Great stategy!!
Horrible Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #21
Shin Golly

Shin Golly's Gamercard
Nice strat
Shin Golly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
Grod Box

Grod Box's Gamercard
This is (was) the hardest part of the game I think aswell. Took me almost 45mins to get pass this.

Thanks for the strategy!
Grod Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #23
Undercover18

brokenxhearted's Gamercard
Quote:
ya this part gave me some problems too, seems like if i went out to grab pipe bombs then id get destroyed. I followed this strat, and it worked like a charm:

Credit goes to SEMP PI
Thanks for posting this and thanks SMP PI for sharing. Finally done it.

Undercover18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #24
FUNGALSHAMBLER

Send a message via AIM to FUNGALSHAMBLER

FUNGALSHAMBLER's Gamercard
I CAN'T BEAT THIS PART TO SAVE MY LIFE!!! No regenerating health, they take away 95% before I even get to the desired area...I heard there's a glitch out there to beat this game, and now I can see why people use it. Why would they program a part where u can't run, and you can't avoid their bullets. IT'S FLAT OUT JUST NOT FAIR!!!

If you win, you win

No reason to rub the facts in people's face

Gamertag: FUNGALSHAMBLER
AIM: FUNGALSHAMBLER

ALPHA KENNY ONE

It's Sofa King Modest Inny Tube E The 4 Tea Ye Rolled Verge In!!!
FUNGALSHAMBLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #25
Qwertygirl

ELxELxCOOLxJAY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I was stuck on this part for about 30 minutes, I used the L shape cover all the time. I found the strategy posted here a great help and did it first time. I didnt shoot the guy that came up second just the first and the one that came through the door. Thanks for posting

Qwertygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #26
xXJAILOFFICERXx

OFC ROBOCOP's Gamercard
Ok, Just wanted to thank you for the tips. So glad I gamefly'd this game.

Your move creep
xXJAILOFFICERXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #27
a7xjew

A7XJEW's Gamercard
Quote:

Credit goes to SEMP PI
YOU'RE A FUCKING LIFE SAVER!!! Jesus Christ the pissed me the fuck off.
a7xjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #28
Bcleal

QcK Dagger HeaT's Gamercard
Yea i have to say Thank You 1000X for this thread took cover where u said unloaded 4 clips of assualt rifle into the chest of the terminator across from u and he died he didnt even try and shoot me lol the rest was ezy from there.

Born March 2010
10k-June 29 2010
20k-Oct. 28th 2010
30k-Feb. 2 2011
40k-Mar. 24 2011
50K-June 18,2011
Gamerscore Completion: (85.02%)
Bcleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #29
Rasjr12

Send a message via AIM to Rasjr12

rasjr12's Gamercard
Thanks so much this was pissing me off

Rasjr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #30
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNGALSHAMBLER View Post
I CAN'T BEAT THIS PART TO SAVE MY LIFE!!! No regenerating health, they take away 95% before I even get to the desired area...I heard there's a glitch out there to beat this game, and now I can see why people use it. Why would they program a part where u can't run, and you can't avoid their bullets. IT'S FLAT OUT JUST NOT FAIR!!!
FYI for all those out there, after you die and see the hour long load screen, hold the left stick at the 1 o'clock position. This way John Connor will be 1/2 to the stairs before the screen even comes up. I was losing 1/2 of my health before I even got to the stairs before I did this.