PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Ninety-Nine Nights II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
Craphex

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
How to deal with flying monsters?

Just started this game and am up to Fort Seratem, there is so many flying creatures and they keep firing discs at me, I try to block, move, jump out of the way but they keep hitting me back. If i'm lucky I can get up to them, jump and attack, even use strike in the air to knock them back down but the others around still hit me. It is so frustrating! What am I doing wrong?

100,000G Reached: 25/04/12
Craphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
Kairi
Moderator / Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Try using the Blaze technique. I found that very effective against them in that level. Good luck!
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:47 AM   #3
Past Gen Hero

Triad Thunder's Gamercard
You don't want to fight the flying enemies up close at all if you can help it. Try to stay outside their attack range so that they will have to constantly close the distance between you. Then, while they are moving, quickly dash over to them and perform a jumping strong attack (Y). You can get 2 or 3 of these attacks in before they start firing again. Simply run out of range again and repeat the process.

The "Lightning Bolt" magic technique works great as well. It really shines when you have multiple attackers packed together in a smaller area.
Past Gen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
I just finally got this game and started playing it myself, and after a couple hours im extrememly frustrated.

I really hate these flying creatures. They keep getting me pinned down and it results in way too many cheap deaths. With enough of those darn flying creatures once your down your down for good. I can't believe that no one had this problem in testing and spoke up about it?

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
Anavryn

Anavryn's Gamercard
I don't find the flying enemies too bad. In medium groups just keep moving/dodging until you get a chance to jump and Y attack. They always light up right before they attack so do not jump then. Also, making them come to you works well as mentioned. There have been times where I have no issues using an orb spark if it takes a lot of the bastards down too heh.

Just wait until you get cornered by 5+ ogres. I think there's only one spot in the game that may happen, but it sucks because there's no room to dodge or make it by them and attacking does not stun them.

Anavryn is offline   Reply With Quote