PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-02-2006, 07:06 AM   #1
kormac

Top Ten Hardest Parts on Veteran

howd'y, Just thought i'd put up my Top Ten Hardest Parts on Veteran.

1. Final charge by the Germans across the square in the Russian campaign (did the first wave and nearly completed the second wave before chickening out and hiding in the staircase on the right side and blasting anyone who came in)

2. Ambush on British convoy (i was hopeless here, so i went prone between truck and barrels up front, then threw smoke to cover my escape through the gate)

3. Truck escape in Matumala, when you reverse and have a bunch of rpg soliders aiming at you from ground and roof (i was trying so hard here to mow down the men on the ground i didn't see the guy on the roof. would be handy for the allies to actually tell you he's on the roof instead of dead ahead!)

4. Shooting down planes (got grenaded so many times it made me panic and miss when i managed to survive the initial attack)

5. Figuring out how to get across the field on top of the cliff in D-Day. (i did as others suggested. smoke the craters and run across one by one. and a lot of prone and prayin')

6. Silo Building F (German Headquarters) Not only cause it's hardish, but because the enemies in this area keep respawning from different buildings. Ugly!

7. Mortar teams on Hill 400 (at first it was butchery, but once i realised the pattern of sneaking around the perimeter using the shelters for cover and getting into a rythmn, i was quickly on top of the situation. if i didn't figure this out, i would have continued to try and cut across the field thereby getting mowed down all the time!)

8. The final, final part when you destroy the two tiger tanks in the square, after taking all the flak guns. Everytime i return to fight the enemies i end up dead from a sneaky flank attack or a hail of grenades. (Odd i know!) i have other parts i thought were hard, but i can't think right now what really pissed me off so bad.

i'd like to see what other people have for their list. it's funny how one area is easier for one person but a hellhole for another. obviously it's a style thing, (some are natural snipers, others are better at run and gunning etc.) and also a checkpoint thing as there have been one or two bad checkpoints which can screw things up big time.

one thing i tried to avoid this, is turn the xbox off without saving and quitting. i got out of the silo sniping part when i got a checkpoint when a mortar was already about to hit me. i was really pissed off as you can imagine but when i turned the console off then back on, my last checkpoint was on the ground before you get up the silo. so WHEW! great game, with some problem areas of course, but still nowhere as unfair as Halo 2 ledgendary. that was bad programming on that one!

Last edited by BucklingLeader; 04-03-2006 at 06:14 AM.
kormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:42 AM   #2
Yankeez

Send a message via AIM to Yankeez

Skankeez's Gamercard
cliff notes???

use paragraphs my friend
Yankeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:34 AM   #3
kormac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeez
cliff notes???

use paragraphs my friend
yeah i know. i've noticed that all my posts are mushed together despite hitting the return key. and i can't do indentations for some reason.
kormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #4
BucklingLeader

Send a message via ICQ to BucklingLeader Send a message via AIM to BucklingLeader Send a message via MSN to BucklingLeader Send a message via Yahoo to BucklingLeader

Buckling's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kormac
yeah i know. i've noticed that all my posts are mushed together despite hitting the return key. and i can't do indentations for some reason.
fixed it for ya
BucklingLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:30 AM   #5
S1r DoOsHbAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeez
cliff notes???

use paragraphs my friend
For someone who can't write a sentence correctly, I don't see you as having much room to talk.
S1r DoOsHbAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #6
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
5. Figuring out how to get across the field on top of the cliff in D-Day. (i did as others suggested. smoke the craters and run across one by one. and a lot of prone and prayin')

6. Silo Building F (German Headquarters) Not only cause it's hardish, but because the enemies in this area keep respawning from different buildings. Ugly!
Agreed

Quote:
2. Ambush on British convoy (i was hopeless here, so i went prone between truck and barrels up front, then threw smoke to cover my escape through the gate)
Also agreed

I also found when you got to the top floor in the repairing the line level tough, kept getting nailed from all angles. Finally did it. Phew

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:05 PM   #7
DELTA FOX

iNFuSioN X's Gamercard
I think all those parts were quite hard but I think that securing the German headquaters on The Battle For Caen was by far the hardest part, I spent about 2 hours on it.

DELTA FOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:07 PM   #8
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Oh yeah, if your talking about the one in the country where you have to repel the forces then run and take out the tank, i'd have to agree!

Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Old 04-18-2006, 04:12 AM   #9
Havoced

Send a message via MSN to Havoced

Havoced's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Battle For Caen when you have to take over the German HQ during "The Tiger" I still have yet to finish it.

Havoced's 360's Personal Blog

Retail 100%
| Avatar: TLA: TBE | Bully: Scholarship Edition | Cabela's Big Game Hunter | Call of Duty 2 | Condemned | Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires | Enchanted Arms | Fight Night Round 3 | Fuzion Frenzy 2 | GUN | Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix | Jumper | Lost: Via Domus |
Havoced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:31 AM   #10
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Good luck to you I actually remember this being an extremely tough bit of the game!!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #11
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Im on the last bit of the d-day mission where you have to take over buildings a-f and i cant f**king do it, ive secured the first building (a, i think) but then ive spent like 20 mins constantly mowing down germans and whenever i try and move to another building another load of nazis spew out and nail me. Making the last 20 mins a complete waste of time, do the enemys keep respawning or will they eventually stop appearing?
Old 04-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #12
Xtreme chaos o6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kormac

8. The final, final part when you destroy the two tiger tanks in the square, after taking all the flak guns. Everytime i return to fight the enemies i end up dead from a sneaky flank attack or a hail of grenades. (Odd i know!) i have other parts i thought were hard, but i can't think right now what really pissed me off so bad.

this part was quite easy to be honest

run round to the last flak , the first tank appears

so quickly run back to the corner where the second tank appears crouch on the corner as the tank comes round and activate the explosive,

then run to the flak gun and use the flak gun to bomb the first tank

Job Done
Xtreme chaos o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #13
WyldthingUK

Vvoxx's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSEEKER
Im on the last bit of the d-day mission where you have to take over buildings a-f and i cant f**king do it, ive secured the first building (a, i think) but then ive spent like 20 mins constantly mowing down germans and whenever i try and move to another building another load of nazis spew out and nail me. Making the last 20 mins a complete waste of time, do the enemys keep respawning or will they eventually stop appearing?
Hey dude, I know your pain cos this level took me about two hours, then during the sniping mission from the top of the silo I reached a checkpoint with a mortar just above my head, so I got caught in a loop of dying, respawning at the checkpoint and then dying one second later - I had to restart the level all over.

Some tips: I think the enemies just keep on coming, they never stop till the level is completed and your support rolls in. I found the best method was to smoke grenade the entrance to a building, lob a couple of frags, run in, take out the guys on the ground floor then hide in a corner, wait for your supporting men, then take out the upstairs. Also, I found it easier NOT to do the building in aphabetical order. Good luck!
WyldthingUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSEEKER
P1NSEEKER... Er, want the good news or the bad news? Errrrr...

They keep respawning! Oh, there is no good news either

Old 04-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #15
Retsep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTA FOX
I think all those parts were quite hard but I think that securing the German headquaters on The Battle For Caen was by far the hardest part, I spent about 2 hours on it.
Definitely this was the most difficult part of the game. If anyone is stuck here make sure you take the small house to the left before trying for the HQ (there is a checkpoint in there). Even still this was a tough one.
Retsep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:22 AM   #16
OnyxStorm

Easily the worst part was getting across the area after you climb the cliff. Luckily, after about 50+ attempts, I found that little bunker you can use to go underground most of the way

Onyx
OnyxStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #17
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Yeah, that'll be the D-Day section. The underground bunker is definitely the easiest way to go, can be a bit tough coming out the other side of it though.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:43 AM   #18
P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
w00t ive finally beaten this damn game 1000gp for me
Old 05-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #19
Twisted Shot

NOX Logik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Halo 2
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i dunno. there was no real hard part for me. it would probly (this is where i dies the most) after capturing the silo getting the post office. i died there the most.
Twisted Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #20
Darth Odan

Darth Odan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Taking Hill 400. Clearing out the bunkers was easy, but after I destroyed the enemy vehicles, I decided to take out the motars. After that, it turned into hell, I threw like 10 smoke grenades and advanced into the last bunker, and all of my team mates were still in the mortars and I just got owned over and over....
Old 05-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #21
NitrousPeak

Send a message via AIM to NitrousPeak

KBI Nitrou5p34k's Gamercard
Hardest Battles/Missions For Me:

Hill 400

D-Day

The Battle For Caen

Tank Squadrons Pt. 2 (invisible glitching killing me after this certain checkpoint, my fellow tanks help = NOTHING)

The Tiger (I believe here it's when you get in the car and a soldier drives it, a tiger tank comes out of nowhere)
NitrousPeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:47 AM   #22
Wreckon Dracgon

Wreckon Dracgon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Maybe it's just me but Call of Duty 2 on Veteran wasn't that hard. It was exhilarating fun. All you really have to do is attack the point or target, stay on attack until your group gets to that point, and they will do most of the work. You just need to provide constant cover and protection basically. Kill the Jerry bastards down by the low wall, grab a Kar98k from the dead Kraut and take out those bastards. (Is the Kar98k not the perfect weapon).

God I love that game. I've ended it four times now on Veteran.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #23
Psycence
Red Room Member

Send a message via MSN to Psycence

psycence's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I agree, none of its difficult just time consuming if your a bit...lame :P enjoyable though!

The allied weapons are all shite, the germans have far better equipment, I play it through using the stuff I scavenge insted of what im given...Like an ungrateful child at xmas

***Pardon the sarcasm, but all of it is so painfully dull, unchallenging and therefore uninvolving that we can only imagine the tears of doom that the testers had to endure while playing through this repeatedly*** Eurogamer review of Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End.....how true their words are, sob sob
Psycence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #24
Wreckon Dracgon

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Submit - Bronze
Ohh I totally agree, on Crossing the Rhine how much easier would it have been if you had a Kar98k the damn M1 Garand is bullsheep. Thus my current gamer motto "Kar98k&MP40-Now U Die" You know it's a shame that I know the weaponary of each level.

I always take weapons from Kraut bastbards. MP44, MP40, and the Kar98k are all you need. Is anything finer than a Scoped Kar98K.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #25
Psycence
Red Room Member

psycence's Gamercard

Is anything finer than a Scoped Kar98K.

Never has there been a finer weapon *well so far as COD2 is concerned*

I keep one under my pillow at nights

***Pardon the sarcasm, but all of it is so painfully dull, unchallenging and therefore uninvolving that we can only imagine the tears of doom that the testers had to endure while playing through this repeatedly*** Eurogamer review of Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End.....how true their words are, sob sob
Old 06-14-2006, 12:39 PM   #26
Wreckon Dracgon

I use to keep one under my pillow as well but I kept breaking my bottle of Jack which I kept under my wife's pillow.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #27
Psycence
Red Room Member

psycence's Gamercard

Irresponsible place to keep your JD, the thought of all the lost Jack makes me sad in my pants

Old 06-14-2006, 01:15 PM   #28
P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Scoped Gewehr (sp) is better when i got it on hill 400
Old 06-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #29
Psycence
Red Room Member

psycence's Gamercard

I didnt find any weapon a massive advantage on that level because I found it stupidly easy. but the gewehr is a nice piece of kit

Old 06-18-2006, 04:18 AM   #30
Bugalugs213

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWebbmeister
Agreed

Also agreed

I also found when you got to the top floor in the repairing the line level tough, kept getting nailed from all angles. Finally did it. Phew
I'm with you on that one.Was a good feeling when i pulled it off though.After 30 odd deaths.
Bugalugs213 is offline   Reply With Quote