PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2007, 04:08 AM   #61
daewezzy

Send a message via AIM to daewezzy

DAEWEZZY's Gamercard
i've been stuck on the silo mission for the longest. you really need dumb luck to pass it.

Looking to boost for GRAW 2 (Co-op DLC) & MoH: Airborne. Send me a FR with a message!
daewezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:06 AM   #62
Freakin

Panda Saurus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSEEKER View Post
w00t ive finally beaten this damn game 1000gp for me

My anger. I don't think I will ever beat this game. I went and beat the German HQ one and then started on the American Missions. I got stuck on the Silo mission. Tehn I noticed that for some reason it didn't give me points for the german HQ one.

I know have to beat it gain, and I am stuck on it.
Freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:27 AM   #63
Freakin

Panda Saurus's Gamercard
And it's always the stupidest crap. I had cleared all the germans from the field and I was walking around the bottom of the German Building looking for people that could sneak up on me. I then proceded to throw grenades into the top room. Right as the first grenade explodes, a bastard comes in and kills me. I never remember anything like that happening the first time through.
Freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #64
KindCandy

Send a message via Yahoo to KindCandy

KindCandy's Gamercard
i got 1000/1000
KindCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:29 PM   #65
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawad View Post
i got 1000/1000
Please dont spam

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #66
HOT FN CARL

Yes, I have 1000/1000, and now my list...

10. Silo (the whole level!)
9. Silo (Your "teammates" never ever cover your back... EVER!)
8. Silo (Krauts always get headshot no matter how far or bad of an angle)
7. Silo (Your dumb teammates running in to the line of fire/grenades from you!)
6. Silo (The lone Kraut to climb the tower and beat you down while you try to kill the attacking mortar crews!)
5. Silo (Throwing back you own grenade at you [thank you COD 3].)
4. Silo (Campin' Hun namely the one in the top level of buildings!)
3. Silo (Krauts still shooting and not just in the body, but in the HEAD through SMOKE!)
2. Silo (mortar crew attacks)
1. Silo (Krauts respawning in .3 seconds... After you throw a smoke grenade to cover your approach onto the porch, and then throwing a grenade threw the window and then jump on in only to get get butt of a rifle to the back from you guessed it the kraut you just heard scream and pain and die.. DIE!!!! I had nightmares about that for months. I screamed "Jesus Christ there's Kraut everywhere!" ask my girlfriend.)

I found the rest of the game to be a breeze other than Silo *CRIES SELF TO SLEEP WHILE SUCKING ON THUMB* even on Veteran most i got done in my first run through. D-Day was also a bit of a bitch... stupid Kraut and their damn guns! Well now I have COD 3 to beat.

Last edited by HOT FN CARL; 03-05-2007 at 07:38 PM.
HOT FN CARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:06 AM   #67
fatso1311

unforgiven91's Gamercard
I would say on the silo mission, the hardest part is taking any of the buildings past the first one. It was nearly impossible took me a weekend to get lucky enough to get through.

Another hard one was the actual Silo sniping, it was hard to pick off those mortars quickly enough.

Finally, I must say the HQ attack is hard, but not impossible, gonna try it tomorrow

luckily I beat COD 3 on veteran earlier, so this doesnt frustrate me nearly as badly
Fallout 3
Borderlands

Now Playing

Modern Warfare 2
L4d2
Force Unleashed
fatso1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #68
Bad Ham

Send a message via AIM to Bad Ham

Bad Ham's Gamercard
One of the hardest parts to me was that German HQ mission. I finally got smart and hid in a corner and M1 Garand-ed their ass after dieing about 50 times in less than 30 minutes.
Bad Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:05 PM   #69
Gold Rush NL

I am now on the last british tank level it is all very easy. It's not a big challenge.

い I just want to finish all my games 100% い
Gold Rush NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #70
machII

machiifighter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kormac View Post
howd'y, Just thought i'd put up my Top Ten Hardest Parts on Veteran.

1. Final charge by the Germans across the square in the Russian campaign (did the first wave and nearly completed the second wave before chickening out and hiding in the staircase on the right side and blasting anyone who came in)

2. Ambush on British convoy (i was hopeless here, so i went prone between truck and barrels up front, then threw smoke to cover my escape through the gate)

3. Truck escape in Matumala, when you reverse and have a bunch of rpg soliders aiming at you from ground and roof (i was trying so hard here to mow down the men on the ground i didn't see the guy on the roof. would be handy for the allies to actually tell you he's on the roof instead of dead ahead!)

4. Shooting down planes (got grenaded so many times it made me panic and miss when i managed to survive the initial attack)

5. Figuring out how to get across the field on top of the cliff in D-Day. (i did as others suggested. smoke the craters and run across one by one. and a lot of prone and prayin')

6. Silo Building F (German Headquarters) Not only cause it's hardish, but because the enemies in this area keep respawning from different buildings. Ugly!

7. Mortar teams on Hill 400 (at first it was butchery, but once i realised the pattern of sneaking around the perimeter using the shelters for cover and getting into a rythmn, i was quickly on top of the situation. if i didn't figure this out, i would have continued to try and cut across the field thereby getting mowed down all the time!)

8. The final, final part when you destroy the two tiger tanks in the square, after taking all the flak guns. Everytime i return to fight the enemies i end up dead from a sneaky flank attack or a hail of grenades. (Odd i know!) i have other parts i thought were hard, but i can't think right now what really pissed me off so bad.
Pretty much the same for me but the one that gave me the most grief is when your El alamein and your in the car and you get ambushed and you get past the bit when the gate opens and it must have taken me 5000 goes to get the next check point.

Another one was when your on the battle of hill 400 and you have to wait for reinforcements, pretty much everytime right near the end within the minute i die and when i was told to take cover from the planes and german bombers i was in the middle and couldnt run quick enough..need some new legs even though running with a gun and uniform im imagining isn't easy

Last edited by machII; 04-02-2007 at 09:12 PM.
machII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #71
machII

machiifighter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso1311 View Post

Another hard one was the actual Silo sniping, it was hard to pick off those mortars quickly enough.

luckily I beat COD 3 on veteran earlier, so this doesnt frustrate me nearly as badly
Hmm...it is a hard part but i managed to do it, mostly when you shoot one of the people in the head if you aim at both people you can take them both out in one shot, also i'm always on Team Snipers on halo 2

A tip i used in the sniping is when you hear a mortar coming move to the edge and go around.

And gratz for COD3
machII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #72
Gold Rush NL

I am now near Caen in the Tiger level. Damn I am in a fucked up place. I think it's point E. It's a big building wear the germans are camping. I have to find away through the bushes at the right. But then they still get respawning. I tried about 10 times, tommorow I will complete it and rush the building out. I don't like places where they respawn for ever.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:11 AM   #73
Fartmaster UEO
Banned User

Fartmaster UEO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
hardest part is holding hill 400 for 5 minutes...
Fartmaster UEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #74
Defcizion

DeFCiZiOn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
D-DAY IS A BITCH, THE WHOLE THING
I just need d-day and hill 400 to finsih of the game, but wow. Just wow
Old 04-14-2007, 06:34 PM   #75
angry

Send a message via AIM to angry Send a message via MSN to angry

Angry xBs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The silo mission i find to be the hardest, when u have cleared all the houses and the German HQ then ya go ontop of that damn Silo and have to take out the mortar teams and advancing troops, now i was playing that part for hours and hours eventually i gave up and played the last 4 missions on Hard difficulty which to me was easy. So now i am faced with the daunting task of doing the Silo mission again along with the other 3 missions which to me i think are ok hopefully. As at mo i have only them 4 missions to do to get my 1000/1000.

IF @ FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY HARDER AS CHEATING GET'S YOU KNOWHERE

Games Completed: 9

Arcade Games Completed:
angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:59 PM   #76
Walcherina

Walcherina's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
I'd say Hill 400 was the hardest, in particular the 2nd part of it

(Thanks to The Pants Party)
Walcherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:29 PM   #77
UNDERWALLY

UNDERWALLY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Toughest level

hey which level do u think is the thoughest?? i should say its d-day, but its also the coolest

/HP: Wally, we already have a thread for this (one of the first in the list for the COD2 forum)... Merged.

Last edited by highpass; 04-30-2007 at 08:44 AM.
UNDERWALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #78
Gold Rush NL

Oke completed the game (exept crossing the rhine). The game is very easy.
If you know wich way you have to take it is no problem. Oke I don't say I ve never been killed but it is is deffinitly not hard.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #79
Hoojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Rush NL View Post
Oke completed the game (exept crossing the rhine). The game is very easy.
If you know wich way you have to take it is no problem. Oke I don't say I ve never been killed but it is is deffinitly not hard.
I agree. I just recently beat it and I can only think of two missions which I would classify as hard, but beatable. 'The Tiger' and 'Pointe Du Hoc (D-Day)' were the only missions that I actually had to experiment with tactics and try several times to get through. Not that I didn't die a lot, just I knew what I had to do 95% of the time. GREAT 1000gps though; I recommend it to anyone.
Hoojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:58 AM   #80
icedtea

QicedteaQ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kormac View Post
6. Silo Building F (German Headquarters) Not only cause it's hardish, but because the enemies in this area keep respawning from different buildings. Ugly!
that whole level and the last part of D-Day other than that it was pretty easy

icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:17 AM   #81
Walcherina

Walcherina's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Well the hardest part for me was getting control of Hill 400 and defending it.

(Thanks to The Pants Party)
Walcherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #82
Tiamat66

Tiamat66's Gamercard
Rommel's Last Stand. Right after the jeep crash, you shoot all the guys on the roof, thats the easy part. Once you go under the archway, and have to hide behind those crates, thats where it all goes to hell. The Silo never even came close to giving me as much trouble as I had trying to do everything just right to advance through that area.
Tiamat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #83
MrEastSide

Colonel Weener's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I think my favorite part of holding the Hill at the very end of the game is when you think you're super clever and go run into the bunker hallway and think, ah look, I'll be safe here. Until about 10 potato mashers come flying into the hallway at you out of nowhere and you have to head straight back out and you catch a bullet in your skull upon leaving.
After completing COD: Grenades at War on Veteran, I went after Treyarch's previous masterpiece: COD3. I could tell you it was on par. Unevenly distributed checkpoints (many between cutscenes, but very scarce between the BS moments) and no running available. As a result, I had 4 white hairs grown yesterday when I beat it at last.

MrEastSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #84
Slane

Send a message via AIM to Slane

madslane's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
So far The Silo is the hardest. I haven't tryed Hill 400 or Crossing the Rhine yet. But everything up to this wasn't too hard, but The Silo straight kicked my ass everytime I got on to play it. Finally was able to sit back, take a few deep breaths and on first try in over a week went through it like it was nothing but damn. It kept kicking my ass all over the place.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #85
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
The game is tough until you figure how to prevent your enemies from respawning. I didn't know that the nazis were mastering the dark art of Das Respawningung, but hey, maybe they managed to steal the Lost Ark and the Holy Grail after all... So much for a "realistic WW2 experience".

Hardest part on Veteran: I'd say the sniping section on top of the Silo, because of the stuppidest checkpoint ever.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:02 AM   #86
Sweet666Kraven

Send a message via MSN to Sweet666Kraven

Krav3n xx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAE86 View Post
Russian Square where you have to blow up a tank
Werd. I died on that bit like 50 times. I ended up having to throw 4 smoke grenades and rushing in, putting the bomb on and then rushing out and I still got smoked so many times.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:13 PM   #87
Chao2

Lt Chao2's Gamercard
I did'nt find Veteran that tough, most of it was just learning where they spawned and where to make my runs from. Having said that the moments I remember:

1) The German HQ in 'The Silo', it took me atleast 40 minutes to capture it, got killed by the last German on the 2nd floor first time I got in...

2) At the beginning of 'The Tiger' level after you kill the first mortar team, took me a while to get through all the buildings to the next checkpoint.

3) The final builing in the Battle for Caen, think it was another German Hq. Eventually figured out I was using the wrong flank <.<

4) Just after the beach part in D-Day, when you first enter the housing area, it seemed like Germans were spawning on three sides and none of my allies came to help me.

Strangly I did'nt find Hill 400 and the majority of D-Day very hard, only a few specific buildings and spots stick out to me.

Chao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:24 AM   #88
BigShowB3

BigShowB3's Gamercard
Definitely taking the buildings for the Silo mission and the assault on the German HQ took the longest for me. I was also puzzled for a bit during the ambush during the British mission. After you get off the truck and get pelted by 50 bullets I was like "WTF, where am I supposed to go... they're everywhere"
Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #89
Spades12321

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
I dont know about the top ten hardest the whole game was hard on veteran mode, but the one that stands out for me is the last chapter on D-Day.
Spades12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:46 AM   #90
Ghost x360a

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
I personally think the whole thing was hard but I really agree with numbers 3 and 5, good thing I am already done with the game and got 1000/1000.
Ghost x360a is offline   Reply With Quote