PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #121
AgEnT STARZz

AgEnT STARZz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSquid View Post
Hardest parts for me

2. Building F, silo. I couldnt go from A to B. it was too hard. So I went A to F and it was evil for far too long. The rest of the level was much easier. The sniping at the end was a doddle.

4. The ambush. Your truck gets crashed into and you end up in an ambush. HORRIBLE! and i had to do it twice cos of a glitched checkpoint at the end of the level.
I had a glitched check point as well, gave me about 6seconds to get to the gun before the 1st plane drops the bomb, figured out i could shoot the plane with my tompson so i droped a smoke, shot the plane and jumped on the gun 2 end the level!! Building A took me about an hour but the rest b-f was no problem!

Currently on 101'937 (03/09/13)
Working on: Mass Effect 3(1375/1550), GOW3(1825/2000)

GoW3: Rank 49(Blue) (Seriously 3.0 - 51/65 Onyx - 94.34%)

My Girlfriend takes up to much of my time these days
AgEnT STARZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #122
S1lent B Deadly

s1lent b deadly's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy ASSASSIN View Post
none of cod2 was really hard use plenty of cover and dont go rushing in all the time if u play G.R.A.W then it seems easier but if u play halo2 then u'll die alot
I hate to be mean
but you are a liar
Old 02-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #123
Cloud878

Cloud878's Gamercard
Not sure if this is a bump or not, but I didn't see a mention of the first part of Pointe Du Hoc. Which is insane. Infinite respawns + Idiotic teammates = CRAP.
Cloud878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #124
Baryonyx

Indigo Potato's Gamercard
I'm just up to the last mission in the British Africa campaign (the battle for Matmata) and so far, there has only been one really tough bit that has come to mind throughout the game, and that is the a tank battle on a Soviet mission. The one where the tank drives away from you when you come close to it and enemies respawn infinitely behind it. That one took a while to do, I eventually got it by using smoke a couple of smoke grenades, shooting as many Krauts as I could and then running through the square centerpiece of cover to the tank.

So far, there haven't been as many really hard parts as WAW had, and it's a lot more fun to play than WAW!

Call of Duty 4 - 1000/1000
Call of Duty 2 - 1000/1000

Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 AM   #125
The Globalizer

the globalizer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Silo made my head hurt. The mortar part wasn't too bad, but buildings A-C were a complete nightmare.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #126
Baryonyx

I have just completed the D-Day campaign now and so far, these parts stick out as being tough:

1) The soviet tank battle I described above.

2) The second mission of the D-Day campaign, where you are retreating from the Germans through the village. The part between where the guard kicks the door open and the part where you escape back onto no-man's land on the top of Point Du Hoc was tough, bolstered by the fact that the Germans attack from all sides and constantly respawn! It took some skill and a lot of luck to get through that!

3) The toughest mission so far has been the silo mission. Taking house A was tough, as I went in through the backdoor next to the half track. After that, I repeatedly attempted to take house F, to no avail. I could get inside if I was lucky, but the guards upstairs always killed me. I gave it a break and tried to take point B, which was ridiculous! But then I managed to capture house F and the rest of it came pretty easily.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #127
The Globalizer

Building B wasn't too terrible once you got the pattern down:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

The worst part for me was building A's upstairs. It was tough to bait all of those guys out of the side rooms.

Last edited by The Globalizer; 02-19-2009 at 05:05 PM.
The Globalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:32 AM   #128
Baryonyx

Why faff on with all the tripe for building B. Just leave it as the last objective, it's a lot easier to take when you can take the side entrance (instead of going over the broken wall and right past the front doors), and you have the added bonus of the fact that the enemies who would shoot you in the back from windows across the street have been killed!

I've just finished this on veteran tonight. I have to say, all the "hard" parts of the game (the first Pont Du Hoc mission, Matmata, the defense of Hill 400), I didn't find too hard! Not once did one of the mortar troops on Hill 400 kill me! Longest five minutes of my life though, the defence!

I'm glad to have finished blowing through "Crossing the Rhine". Just finished my favourite Call of Duty game on veteran. Great stuff!

Old 02-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #129
The Globalizer

You're welcome to your point of view. I was just noting that B was not particularly difficult if you know the pattern. There are a lot of safe zones in taking building B, and I didn't once get "shot in the back".
Old 02-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #130
Baryonyx

Of course, you can take building B by crossing the wall where the MG-42 is set up...and then of course, you can take out the window snipers and the rush of troops that storms forth for the barn...

...but all I'm saying is, it's a lot easier to take B last when you can sneak in the side door and not have to worry about fire hitting you on two fronts. All that matters is that in the end, you get past it and complete the level.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #131
Kaizer Chiefs

IRAK Kaizer Bzh's Gamercard
I have passed through Matmatah with many difficulties but now I can't pass the last checkpoint of "The Tiger". This house is impossible to take!!!!
If someone has got some tips to help me...
Kaizer Chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #132
Baryonyx

Which house is it you are wanting to take?

The first one in the video? The second? Or the church?

If it's the houses, apply the standard techniques: Get inside and hide until your team mates clear the ground floor, then grenade the top floor for the stairs, using walls to bounce and redirect grenades. The using a sub machine gun, advance up the stairs, always keeping an eye on the corners.

If you're having trouble taking the church, let me know and I'll give you the solution (which is a little more in depth than a general house clearing tactic.)

Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #133
Kaizer Chiefs

IRAK Kaizer Bzh's Gamercard
I'm block at 3:50 in the video. It's not the most difficult part af the level but my checkpoint is quite bad and my weapon aren't good (a kar 98 and a sort of SAW). I come into the little ruins, and shoot every kraut who going out the house. But there are infinite waves of ennemies. When I see the ground floor clean, I get out of ruins to camp near of the entrance door but ennemies come from de top floor.... while I'm not in the house . I put frag grenades but they ever come. My mates don't do their job and stay watching me quite far of the HQ
Kaizer Chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #134
Baryonyx

I found this to be the toughest part of the level. But bear with me because the solution isn't too hard. Ideally you'd want a semi-auto rifle but the K-98 should do fine.

1) From the top of the hill, shoot the two krauts who come through the door of the roofless house ahead of you.

2) Equip the BAR or whatever it is you have an attack the germans who run towards you position from the dead-end road. If you can't see them shoot through the bush on your right and you should kill them.

3) proceed to the closest wall of the bombed out house. This will prompt your men to advance through it and start distracting the gunners in the big building at the back.

4) Don't go through the roofless house. Instead, proceed along the low wall to the left. Snipe the gunners from the windows in the large building and beware of two german's rushing you as you advance.

5) make it to the wire fence that blocks the street at the end. Proceed through the ground floor of this house. Your men will come through and you should checkpoint. You can clear the upstairs area if you want, but it's not neccessary.

6) from here, storming the last building should be a doddle.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #135
W00tbeer1

W00tbeer1's Gamercard
I would say one of the hardest parts was defeating that Tiger tank in the Russian mission that goes around in the rectangle and you have to plant the explosives on it while it is moving.

Pain...

Completed:
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: 2
Kung Fu Panda
King Kong

W00tbeer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #136
Baryonyx

Hardest part of the game, I thought!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #137
The Globalizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
5) make it to the wire fence that blocks the street at the end. Proceed through the ground floor of this house. Your men will come through and you should checkpoint. You can clear the upstairs area if you want, but it's not neccessary.
Pretty sure you only get the checkpoint if the upstairs is clear. You may have cleared it by killing all the guys coming down the stairs. (I was able to lure them all down, and got the checkpoint when I was upstairs confirming the clear, while my guys ran out to the back of the building.)
Old 02-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #138
Baryonyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Globalizer View Post
Pretty sure you only get the checkpoint if the upstairs is clear. You may have cleared it by killing all the guys coming down the stairs. (I was able to lure them all down, and got the checkpoint when I was upstairs confirming the clear, while my guys ran out to the back of the building.)
I probably did. If you have to clear the upstairs then, use the standard tactics of lobbing grenades and waiting with a submachine. If you have one spare you may also consider using a smoke grenade on the upstairs landing since you're near the end of the mission and probably won't need anymore.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #139
The Globalizer

OK, I think Hill 400 is harder. Most of the level was cake, but I can't get to that last bunker. I took out the mortars and the Panzerwafer, but either I'm getting spammed by the Nazis or there is 200 of them around that bunker. And no matter which approach I take, someone rolls up behind me to kill me.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #140
The Globalizer

Got it, and got my 1000. I didn't think smoke grenades would be useful, but I dumped one in front of the bunker door, ran through shooting the 2-3 guys in my way, then holed up in the doorway. Killed 10-15 guys who ran at me, then lured another 5-10 down; eventually, went out far enough that my AI teammates ran up and cleared the top of the hill. The bunker itself was cake.

Holding the hill was pretty straightforward. Plenty of checkpoints to make the mortar sniping easy enough. The bunker doorway was useful here, too, but the Krauts were lobbing many grenades in, so I had to run around the corner (fast!) at times.

Crossing the Rhine was tedious but not altogether difficult, once you take out the first artillery battery. I grew to appreciate the Garand on this level, the one-shot kills were essential.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #141
monkeyhappy

Send a message via MSN to monkeyhappy

Zeroslav's Gamercard

Currently stuck on "Crossing the Rhine", the part I can't surpass is where you have to get up the hill towards the 3rd artillery battery, and you look out over some rubble with barbed wire crossing at it just before. I clear a few, then, some random German just pops his head out and gets me far too easily! Annoying..

.Zeroslav.

Last edited by monkeyhappy; 03-04-2009 at 12:04 AM.
monkeyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #142
Baryonyx

Really the only tough part of the "Crossing the Rhine" level was the graveyard section (which can be solved with a smoke grenade) and the section to cross the street around the back end of the church.

You've done the hardest parts of the game, but there is a tendency to want to rush this last mission to get it over with. It's not a really hard mission, but take it slow, because if you rush you'll get sloppy and make mistakes.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #143
monkeyhappy

Send a message via MSN to monkeyhappy

Zeroslav's Gamercard

Got it today, just kept it steady and worked my way up more slowly, thanks for the tip!

410 G in quick succession was pretty sweet, "Veteran of Crossing the Rhine" first, "Won the War" second and finished with "War Hardened" popping up.

.Zeroslav.

monkeyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #144
Dimekilled

DimebagTx's Gamercard
definitily SILO was the hardest mission for me. and i got the anoying glitch on silo tower, one mortar fall over me exactly at checkpoint mark and i had to start over again but yeah i finally beat the game

100% COMPLETED
:

Fight Night 3, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Call of duty 2, Resident Evil 5, TMNT, NBA 2k6

Last edited by Dimekilled; 03-07-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Dimekilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #145
Baryonyx

Getting from house A to F on the Silo mission, wow that was tough. Making it through was great though!

Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #146
ShadyChicano

Send a message via AIM to ShadyChicano

Shadychicano's Gamercard
Game becomes addicting after a while
Old 03-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #147
cheeky 315

cheeky 315's Gamercard
im on the last british mission and the only part i have really struggled with is that tank on the rusian mission, that is far too clever for itself

after around an hour of getting pwnd i noticed if i jumped out of the buliding and did a left over a mound and hid against the end building, if i then ran back the way i came up to the first broken wall before the main square and went prone, he would go round the corner and start firing through the hole in the wall. If ure quick you can run round the corner slap on the sticky bomb on whilst he is driving away, and just prone in the bunker, that way you do the tank and get a decent checkpoint afterwards. Do it right and you wont even need to use a smoke grenade

If i went straight to the first broken wall he would try to get round behind me making the above tactic unworkable

Last edited by cheeky 315; 03-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.
cheeky 315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #148
DONER KEBAB MANN

DONER KEBAB MAN's Gamercard
Well I don't know about bits being hard but they were certainly frustrating. My favourite- frustrating parts were:

The Silo: At first I couldn't even capture build ing 'A' without screaming, I walked away from the game and came back an hour later and breezed it. Memorable part on top of the tower sniping enemy Mortar teams, this was truly epic, took me a while to learn that every bullet counts.

Hill 400: Awsome, only took a few guys, sniping mortar teams was a bitch. I learned to just stay in cover and take my team. Covering up for 5 minutes was quite difficult NOT I just lay down next to the bunker with my Thompson mowing doen the enemy as they ran past, easy!
DONER KEBAB MANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #149
Baryonyx

The tough part of House A I thought was getting across the street and down the alley into the backdoor. There are so many threats that can take you out at that point. After getting into the house though, I didn't think it was that bad.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #150
Pashos

Pashos x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Gold   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Third Place   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Hill 400 wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I actually really liked that mission.

I spent a really long time trying to capture the German HQ in Caen (not the Silo one but that one was still hard). That was probably the hardest part for me.

152 100% Retail

22 100% Arcade
Pashos is offline   Reply With Quote