PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Puzzle Battle Guide

Know that by using this guide you are basically ruining the game. So try the puzzles out yourself first.

NOTE: Contrary to popular belief, your units being different colors from the ones you see in my guide will not affect the puzzle in anyway.

If you have had a required unit before, you do not need one with you to do the puzzle, but if you do a puzzle that requires a certain unit with 0/5 units or 0/10 units, then that unit will get no experience.

If you want a different approach to the puzzle solutions in the form of a number system, go to Worhammer's guide HERE. Thanks for the guide Worhammer.

I will list the region, exact location of puzzle giver, the puzzle number, then the solution.

Irollan

Nelir: Up a few steps from the 2nd bounty giver, to the left of where you defeat Varkas in battle. Required Units: Dragon and Treant

Puzzle 1: Delete the bear in the second column from the right, second from the back of the column to create a wall of 4 yellow archers. Then use the bears in the 1st and 2nd columns from the left to complete the dragon. Then move the remaining two bears to the behind the deer.

Puzzle 2: Move bear from column on far right to 2nd column from the left. Delete the yellow archer the 2nd column from the left to create a bear link. Delete the bear at the front of the first column on the right to create a double wall chain. Move the rest of the pixies behind the Treant.

Ranger: After you save the Druid Elder, from the bottom of the tree go back up the tree and to the right until you see this man. Required Units: Deer and Druid

Puzzle 1: Delete the wall second from the right. Move the bear from the second column from the right to behind the other bear. Delete the pixie in the left column to create a Druid attack formation. Then move the yellow archers behind the yellow Druid.

Puzzle 2: Delete the second yellow archer in the 4th column from the left (first big column on the left). Delete the blue bear from the 4th column from the right to create a yellow archer attack formation. Move the deer in the far right column to the second column from the left, then put 2 green pixies behind it. Lastly put the remaining pixie behind the other pixie in the second column from the right.

Holy Griffin Empire

1. Rolly the Barkeep: Inside the Inn. Required Units: 1. Priestess and Knight (both can be found within 5 steps of the Inn entrance) 2. Griffin (to the right of the inn you go into an area and the buying station is right there)

Puzzle 1: Move the white swordsman in the far right column 3 to the left so that he is behind the priestess. Move the yellow spearman in the far right column one to the left. Delete the yellow spearman in the second column, 2 behind the knight. Move the non-charging priestess to the left one column. Line up the remaining two yellow spearman behind said priestess.

Puzzle 2: Delete the blue archer in the 3rd column from the right at the front. Then delete the blue archer 3rd column from the left, 2nd from the front. Then move the two white soldiers behind the white dragon. Then move the remaining two blue archers behind the blue dragon.

2. Sir Roderick: Go out of the inn, take a left, then go up and you should see this soldier in the corner. Shows up after you talk to your Aunt and get the helmet. Required Units: 1. Griffin and Priestess 2. Angel

Puzzle 1: When I refer to the right hand side of the dragon column, or left hand side. I mean behind the dragon on the right or left side.

Move the white soldier from the far left column 3 columns over to the right half side of the dragon column. Move the yellow archer from the far right priestess column to the far left priestess column. Delete the white soldier in the far left column. Move the white soldier from the far right column over 3 rows to the left to the left half of the dragon’s column. Delete the yellow spearman in the right hand side of the dragon column (2nd column from the right). Move the yellow spearman that is behind the dragon to behind the right priestess.

Puzzle 2:

Delete the white wall, 4 columns from the right, 3 rows from the front. Delete a yellow archer from the second column from the left (either one). Move the white swordsman from the 3rd column from the left one column over to the left. Then delete the yellow archer in the 3rd column from the left, 4 rows back to create a blue spearman chain. Delete the yellow archer in the second column from the left to create a white angel chain. Then move the white swordsman from the 3rd and 4th rows from the right to the second column from the right to complete the white angel.

Last edited by Dcon6393; 05-03-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Dcon6393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Heresh:

Sir Reginald: From the bounty giver, go down and to the right and go in the catacomb (must have saved Markan first) Go up and to the right and you will hit this puzzle giver. Required Units: 1. Vampires 2. Bone Dragon

Puzzle 1: Delete the green zombie in the 4th column from the right. Move the purple ebon guard from the far left column to the far right column. Then move the green zombies from the 3rd and 4th rows from the left to the far left column. Delete the blue zombie in the far left column. Finally, move the purple ebon guard from the 3rd column from the right to the far right column, completing the purple zombie.

Puzzle 2: Move the purple ebon guard from the 2nd row from the right one row to the left. Move the blue zombie from the 2nd row from the right to the 3rd row from the left. Delete the blue zombie in the 3rd row from the right, right behind the purple vampire. Delete the purple ebon guard in the third row from the left, right behind the dragon. Delete the purple ebon guard in the second row from the left, 2nd from the back. Move the purple ebon guards from the far right and far left column to behind the vampire in the 2nd column from the right.

Sheogh:

Dillion: After you get your follower to follow you around you have to head to an inn with demon guards. Go down one and to the left of the Screaming Hag Inn is a cave. Dillion is right inside the cave. Required units: 1. Succubus 2. Nightmare

Puzzle 1: Move the grey hellhounds in the far right column to the 3rd column from the right and 4th column from the left. Then delete the grey hellhound in the 4th column from the right. Then move the red horned demon from the far right column to the far left column. Then move the grey hellhounds in the 2nd row from the left to the far left column.

Puzzle 2: Delete the red horned demon in the far left column, 3rd row from the back. Then delete the red horned demon in the 3rd column from the right, 3rd row from the front. Move the purple hellhound over from the 4th column from the right all the way to the far left column. Move the grey nightmare from the far left column to the 4th column from the right. Move the red horned demon from the far left column and the 4th column from the left to the far right column. Then move the grey imps from the far right column to the 4th column from the right.

Achievement should unlock after you get to being able to walk around the map again, not during the final attack sequence, dialouge, or artifact recieved screen.

Last edited by Dcon6393; 05-08-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:26 AM   #3
KnightOfTruth

Slye Knight's Gamercard
Feel free to use my solutions that I've put together for subsequent puzzles already in the other puzzle solutions thread. They're all accurate, and you can remove any of my rhetoric spewed throughout it if you'd like. I had wanted to do a thread like this in order to contribute, but looks like I'm a little late...happy solving!

Currently looking for Online Boosting help with:
Mortal Kombat vs. DC, SSFIV, BF:BC1, AC:Brotherhood
(if you see a game in my played list, I can probably still help you with it)
KnightOfTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:06 AM   #4
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

You also should not say Blue Bear or the like. The Core units are whatever the player is using. Your Blue Bear might be someone else's Green Pixie.

A video of the first Campaigns

Last edited by BillyBobTwo; 04-17-2011 at 04:28 PM.
BillyBobTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
Craie

Craie's Gamercard
Most of the Puzzles so far have been identical to those in the DS version, so just youtube the name of whoever has the puzzle you are trying to complete combined with "clash of heroes"
That's what I've been doing so far on those I haven't been able to do myself.
Craie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTruth View Post
Feel free to use my solutions that I've put together for subsequent puzzles already in the other puzzle solutions thread. They're all accurate, and you can remove any of my rhetoric spewed throughout it if you'd like. I had wanted to do a thread like this in order to contribute, but looks like I'm a little late...happy solving!
I am going to wait to put stuff in the guide until I actually can confirm the puzzle's solution. I will use your solutions if i get stuck (even though I am writing the guide I wanna challenge myself haha).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobTwo View Post
You also should not say Blue Bear or the like. The Core units are whatever the player is using. Your Blue Bear might be someone else's Green Pixie.
I will test this later by switching around my core units. I remember going in with 3 archers and the puzzle still had bears and pixies, but I will test more in depth later

Last edited by Dcon6393; 04-17-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
KnightOfTruth

Slye Knight's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcon6393 View Post
I am going to wait to put stuff in the guide until I actually can confirm the puzzle's solution. I will use your solutions if i get stuck (even though I am writing the guide I wanna challenge myself haha).
Haha no problem - I did the same thing, I like the challenge. I just meant that instead of writing your own out, you can use my solutions to post in your guide if you'd like. I'll take no offense if you use your own though haha.

Quote:
I will test this later by switching around my core units. I remember going in with 3 archers and the puzzle still had bears and pixies, but I will test more in depth later
I don't think it changes based on what you have equipped, but I could be wrong. For instance, I didn't even have the right champion equipped during the Sylvan campaign's puzzle quests and as long as I had the unit "purchased" it automatically used the appropriate units (and subsequently gave me the exp as well).

A good way to test this is in order to complete the 2nd barkeep puzzle of the 2nd campaign you'll need the Griffin unit. If you go and purchase other units in addition to the Griffin (almost at the same time you can purchase the Griffin) and equip them, then accept the quest, it'll be GRIFFINS and not Angels/etc. (don't want to spoil the secret unit) in the puzzle.

Currently looking for Online Boosting help with:
Mortal Kombat vs. DC, SSFIV, BF:BC1, AC:Brotherhood
(if you see a game in my played list, I can probably still help you with it)
KnightOfTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
ShortyTHEone

Send a message via ICQ to ShortyTHEone

ShortyTHEone's Gamercard
Heresh

1. Knight Reginald:
in the story related cave, before moving up to the Ghost miniboss

Puzzle 1
: Move the Purple Ghost in the 1st collum to the last one behind the vampire, destroy the lonely green ghoule in the 4th collum, you now have three moves. move the two green ghouls to the left and destroy the blue one on the left behind the vampire, with your last turn move the lonely purple ghost to the right.

Puzzle 2: ...

feel free to use and correct anything you want if i made translation issues, cuz im using the german version

ShortyTHEone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #9
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTruth View Post
I don't think it changes based on what you have equipped, but I could be wrong. For instance, I didn't even have the right champion equipped during the Sylvan campaign's puzzle quests and as long as I had the unit "purchased" it automatically used the appropriate units (and subsequently gave me the exp as well).

A good way to test this is in order to complete the 2nd barkeep puzzle of the 2nd campaign you'll need the Griffin unit. If you go and purchase other units in addition to the Griffin (almost at the same time you can purchase the Griffin) and equip them, then accept the quest, it'll be GRIFFINS and not Angels/etc. (don't want to spoil the secret unit) in the puzzle.
Yeah I just tested last night extensively, and your equipped units have ZERO affect on the puzzle. I think I am almost through the Holy Griffin Empire campaign. It take awhile if you are writing guides for it at the same time haha
Old 04-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #10
ShortyTHEone

ShortyTHEone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyTHEone View Post
Heresh

Knight Reginald:
in the story related cave, before moving up to the Ghost miniboss

Puzzle 1
: Move the Purple Ghost in the 1st collum to the last one behind the vampire, destroy the lonely green ghoule in the 4th collum, you now have three moves. move the two green ghouls to the left and destroy the blue one on the left behind the vampire, with your last turn move the lonely purple ghost to the right.

Puzzle 2: ...

feel free to use and correct anything you want if i made translation issues, cuz im using the german version
Puzzle 2: Destroy the Blue Ghoul on the right in the middle of the 4 Purple Ghosts, you have four moves now. move the blue ghould from the right to the 3rd collum, then the blue one in the 1st to the 2nd collum. now FIRST destroy the purple ghost in the 3rd collum THEN the one in the 2nd, you now should have two moves again to move the remaining purple ghosts behind the vampire

Sheogh

Dillon: you find him in a cave in the north west of the first map

Puzzle 1: Move the 2 white wolfs from the right in collum 4 and 6, then destroy the white wolf in the middle of the purple devils, move the red devils from the left to the right to complete the succubus then the last 2 white wolfes to the left to complete the other one

Puzzle 2: Destroy the red demon in the 1st collum near the purple wolfes, then the red demon in the 6th collum in the middle for a big chain. then move the purple wolf to the left to complete them. place the white horse in the 5th collum. complete the red horse on the right then the white in the middle

Achievement unlocked

Last edited by ShortyTHEone; 04-19-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Hey everyone this guide is now officially finished. So tell me if I need to be more clear with a certain solution, wrote down the wrong unit name, etc. I want to format this guide a little better as well.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #12
ShortyTHEone

ShortyTHEone's Gamercard
Quote:
Heresh:

Puzzle 1: Delete the green zombie in the 4th column from the right. Move the purple ebon guard from the far left column to the far left column. Then move the green zombies from the 3rd and 4th rows from the left to the far left column. Delete the blue zombie in the far left column. Finally, move the purple ebon guard from the 3rd column from the right to the far right column, completing the purple zombie.

i think you mean from the far left to the far right, at least thats the way i did it

Old 05-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #13
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Quote:
i think you mean from the far left to the far right, at least thats the way i did it
haha thanks man. Its good that someone is correcting my mistakes.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
ShortyTHEone

ShortyTHEone's Gamercard
Quote:
Sheogh:
Puzzle 1: Move the grey hellhounds in the far right column to the 3rd column from the right and 4th column from the left. Then delete the grey hellhound in the 4th column from the right. Then move the red horned demon from the far left column to the far right column. Then move the grey hellhounds in the 2nd row from the left to the far left column.

Puzzle 2: Delete the red horned demon in the far left column, 3rd row from the back. Then delete the red horned demon in the 3rd column from the right, 3rd row from the front. Move the purple hellhound over from the 4th column from the right all the way to the far left column. Move the grey nightmare from the far left column to the 4th column from the right. Move the red horned demon from the far left column and the 4th column from the left to the far right column. Then move the grey imps from the far right column to the 4th column from the right.
i think you confuse yourself a little bit on your own with all that direction changes, left right left right xD
marked the mistakes

Old 05-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #15
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Quote:
i think you confuse yourself a little bit on your own with all that direction changes, left right left right xD
marked the mistakes
Thanks haha, but the second mistake you marked looks right when compared to the rest of the paragraph, are you sure? I wish you could play through the puzzles at will anytime
Old 05-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
ShortyTHEone

ShortyTHEone's Gamercard
hmm im shure there was an left right error, to bad im over that puzzle my second time :-/
also i cant compare it to my solution cuz i wrote it different xD

//EDIT: ok i forgot to save last night, so i will replay that puzzle ones again and double check this

Last edited by ShortyTHEone; 05-08-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Quote:
hmm im shure there was an left right error, to bad im over that puzzle my second time :-/
also i cant compare it to my solution cuz i wrote it different xD

//EDIT: ok i forgot to save last night, so i will replay that puzzle ones again and double check this

Thanks man, that would be great. I know there are a few solutions to a few of the puzzles, so just follow mine exactly and see how it goes
Old 05-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #18
ShortyTHEone

ShortyTHEone's Gamercard
ok, checked it now, i changed it right, if you look closely, you wrote:
Quote:
...Move the red horned demon from the far right column and the 4th column from the left to the far right column...
the demon is on the far left (not right) site and the other one in in the 4th collum from the left, both need to be put far right

Old 05-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #19
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Quote:
ok, checked it now, i changed it right, if you look closely, you wrote:

the demon is on the far left (not right) site and the other one in in the 4th collum from the left, both need to be put far right
Ok, thanks for the corrections, I should have double checked these, but I didn't haha. That was just dumb on my part.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:24 AM   #20
The Albino Slug

BetterJester's Gamercard
Thanks a million. Although the ds walkthroughs sort of helped there are different puzzles on both.
The Albino Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #21
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino Slug View Post
Thanks a million. Although the ds walkthroughs sort of helped there are different puzzles on both.
Yeah thats what i figured. I didn't want to just say "refer to assorted ds guides". That is terrible guide writing haah
Old 04-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #22
chocobomastr

LASER KING006's Gamercard
great guide i was struggling with a good chunk of these puzzles and after a few tries by myself i was ready to give up. Without this guide i may have just given up doing the puzzles all together
chocobomastr is offline   Reply With Quote