PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > AFL Live
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-17-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
Mr Bungle
Banned User

Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements in this thread.
Mr Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
Soap of Death

Soap of Death's Gamercard
I'll just discuss the ones I've managed to complete as well as the more obvious ones.

Leather Poisoning
Playing 20 minute quarters would help a lot. I'm currently playing 5 minute quarters and the most I've racked up with one player in any game is about 12/13.

Fruity
If taking a set shot on goal from the boundary, holding will initiate a banana kick.

Talk to the Hand
When in possession of the ball holding will help you fend off opponents. The chances of this succeeding will depend on your players 'break tackle' ability and the opponents 'tackle' ability ratings.

Poster
This will happen eventually while playing the game.

First Use
Can only be obtained during ruck contests between two ruckmen. At the height of the bounce/throw (depending on weather conditions) move the in the direction of a teammate. They need to directly be on the receiving end 5 times for the achievement to pop up.

Even Spread
Have at least 9 separate players on your team kick a goal. I got this without trying, so I'd imagine just by playing the game and getting into the groove of outscoring your opposition will eventually net you this achievement.

Attacking Pressure
You need to tackle opposition players in your forward line, if they've held onto the ball for too long before being tackled, it is ruled "holding the ball" and you'll be awarded with a free kick. You must kick three goals. This is best done in your 50m arc to increase the chances of scoring a goal. Kick ins are a good opportunity to win the ball back. After scoring a behind, an opposition player will have to kick the ball back into play from your goal square. They can kick the ball to a teammate, or play on thereby running out of the square to gain a few metres before kicking. Put pressure on the opposition and tackle them whenever you get the chance by holding .

Road Trip
Beat an interstate team on their home ground.

Victorian Teams (10)
Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn
Melbourne
North Melbourne
Richmond
St. Kilda
Western Bulldogs

Western Australian Teams (2)
Fremantle
West Coast

South Australian Teams (2)
Adelaide
Port Adelaide

Queensland Teams (2)
Brisbane
Gold Coast

New South Wales Team (1)
Sydney

The easiest way would be to play as the Sydney Swans and win an away game. Otherwise just play as your preferred team and beat any opposition team on their home ground in a state different to yours.

The Beautiful Game
When the ball is loose or on the ground. You can kick the ball off the ground by pressing either or when next to it. Ideally you want to do this near the goal square, directly in front of the goal line to increase your chances of scoring a goal this way.

Hard Nut
Use the in the direction of an opposition player you want to bump while you are not in possession of the ball. It should only require you to do this 20 times overall and not 20 times in one match, I cannot confirm this however.

By Hand
When in possession of the ball you handball by pressing , you kick to teammates by pressing . Simple, handball more often than you kick. Might be worth bringing the difficulty down to Amateur level to make this easier. I do not know if achievements unlock in Amateur mode.

Spoil Sport
Spoiling the ball is to punch it away before an opponent can mark it. When in defense, you spoil the ball by holding down and pressing repeatedly to knock it away. It helps to be close to the player when attempting this, if they break away from you, there isn't much chance of you getting close enough to spoil. This achievement is a cumulative one, you don't need to perform 50 spoils in one match.

End-to-End
Fairly self explanitory. Just take your time passing the ball around, preferably kicking it so you can mark the ball and use as much time as possible to find open players.

Set for September
There are 24 rounds in the season. You will only play 22 matches due to each team having 2 byes. Every win earns you 4 premiership points, a draw earns you 2 and losing gets you nothing. The best way to ensure you finish top of the ladder is to win more games than anyone else and by the biggest margins possible. To separate teams who are equal on points, winning percentage comes into play. You can win 20 games by 1-5 points each time. But if another team wins 20 games by 20+ points on average, they'll be rated above you on the ladder.
Soap of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
my internet is shit city atm, so i wont be doing those for a while. hopefully i can get this tommorow though and see how the offline ones stack up.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
Mr Bungle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
my internet is shit city atm, so i wont be doing those for a while. hopefully i can get this tommorow though and see how the offline ones stack up.
Let us know what it's like online!

Might purchase this tomorrow...
Old 04-21-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bungle View Post
Let us know what it's like online!

Might purchase this tomorrow...
well if it doesnt lag/disconnect for me, it may be the best servers ever made
that being said most people playing will be within in the country
Old 04-21-2011, 02:02 AM   #6
Mr Bungle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
well if it doesnt lag/disconnect for me, it may be the best servers ever made
that being said most people playing will be within in the country
That is true...
Old 04-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #7
IckleRonnikens

IckleRonnikens's Gamercard
I'd make a chevo guide but really cbf. so busy with this and portal 2 and shit load other games...
Old 04-22-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
mayday_101

StrauNie's Gamercard
for the "Nabbed It" achievement when it says complete the comp in real time, does that mean not to sim any of your matches or 20 min quarters, cause theres no way im doing that more times than i have to
mayday_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:28 AM   #9
mickspawn

Feared aussie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
there is no way in hell anyone could be arsed doing the Legendary achievement lol
Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #10
ALF 133

Alf 133's Gamercard
Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble with getting in front of your man to go for the mark?? everytime its contested ball I loose
ALF 133 is offline   Reply With Quote