PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Originality in Clash of Heroes

Ok just trying to get a conversation on this game started, but what do you guys think about the level of originality in this title. I find it a great mix of puzzle and RPG elements that I have never seen anything close to. Puzzle Quest had good RPG elements, but I found the battle system in that game to be frustrating. Clash of Heroes does a great job balancing this because you control your own board, reinforcements never create any links to mess up your plans, and the only reason you lose in single player is a lack of tactics or too low of a level.

The 2 vs. 2 gameplay is great fun and I have never seen a puzzle game where so much teamwork is required. From what I have played, the online seems well balanced, which is always tough to do no matter what the game. Every race has their strength and weakness, but never to strong or weak in certain categories. I can easily see myself playing online for months after I get 200.

What is everyone else's thoughts?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Black Barney

Black Barney's Gamercard
It's hard to say this game has any originality when it's so clearly modeled after Puzzle Quest. That being said, there is nothing wrong with improving greatly on an existing idea. It is FAR better than Puzzle Quest:

-it has better writing and dialogue
-Puzzle Quest's main problem is that one you find a build you like, you'll stick with it the rest of the game which makes PQ immensely repetitive. Might&Magic gets past this problem by forcing you to restart with a new faction every 15 quests or so. Love a particular unit and want to use it for the rest of the game? TOO BAD. I think that adds a ton of freshness
-the tactical choices of which units to use with which artifacts and which elites/champions is HUGE. Has a big impact on gameplay (more decisions to make compared to PQ where you only chose spells really)
-Actually having to balance offence with defence during the game is great (PQ was only about offence really).

Yeah, I love this game.
Black Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
KohrinSoulez

KohrinSoulez's Gamercard
Yeah im going be playing well after 200 also, good thing also is becoz the level doesnt effect the online play, nothing stopping you dropping back online to play 6months down the line.
KohrinSoulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Barney View Post
It's hard to say this game has any originality when it's so clearly modeled after Puzzle Quest. That being said, there is nothing wrong with improving greatly on an existing idea. It is FAR better than Puzzle Quest:

-it has better writing and dialogue
-Puzzle Quest's main problem is that one you find a build you like, you'll stick with it the rest of the game which makes PQ immensely repetitive. Might&Magic gets past this problem by forcing you to restart with a new faction every 15 quests or so. Love a particular unit and want to use it for the rest of the game? TOO BAD. I think that adds a ton of freshness
-the tactical choices of which units to use with which artifacts and which elites/champions is HUGE. Has a big impact on gameplay (more decisions to make compared to PQ where you only chose spells really)
-Actually having to balance offence with defence during the game is great (PQ was only about offence really).

Yeah, I love this game.
Yeah, I really don't see much comparison to Puzzle Quest other than moving puzzle pieces around, but that is in Bejeweled as well haha. The combat system is so unique to me, I just love how everything is balanced and flows.