PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Shmup > Asteroids Deluxe
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
Gizm0 The Great

Gizm0 The great's Gamercard
Out Today...

Noticed this pop up on marketplace this morning. The trial is a bit awkward, could take a while to get used to it.

No secret achievement info yet
But I'm sure by the end of the day they will be up.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
Magespower
I've Got The Power!

Magespower's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The secret ones are the same as centipede.

View credits, beat your own high score 3 times, and play with tilt controls.

Twitter TrueAchievementstumblr.
Magespower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Whoever play it with tilt and scores more than 1.000 points is either lucky or crazy.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I really can't imagine how this is going to control on the phone!!! I would assume that tilt is a no go, as it was on Centipede. Does it use a trackball type device again, with a separate button for thrust, and another for fire? Any initial reports on this? I found playing Centipede to be quite hard on my hand.

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
You got two arrows to turn the ship either left or right and a button for shield, boost and fire (can be hold for autofire). Tilt is almost impossible, because you have to spin your phone like a retard.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
You got two arrows to turn the ship either left or right and a button for shield, boost and fire (can be hold for autofire). Tilt is almost impossible, because you have to spin your phone like a retard.
I am not sure what is going on with the tilt controls on these phones. I have an HTC HD7, and Centipede was utterly unplayable with tilt (I tried different settings for it as well). Katamari also, and I really tried very hard to get used to it. I haven't had the heart to try Super Monkey Ball yet. Maybe it is just my phone... I find it hard to believe that Krome thought that it would be a good idea!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
The vertual buttons arnt to bad with some getting used to. Unless you fly your ship under your thumb then youre fucked.

If you could some how autofire and set your controls to tilt; then put it in the microwave.....
Arron114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

I don't get the microwave joke.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Microwaves spin around. tilt controls require you to move your phone in a 360 motion to turn around.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron114 View Post
Microwaves spin around. tilt controls require you to move your phone in a 360 motion to turn around.
Hey man, good to see you over here as well!

I am still very sad about the travel achievements not using the accelerometer. It won't be the same tonight, downloading this, if I know that jumping down the stairs doesn't work. Still, thanks to you, I have another reason to use the microwave! Yay!

Also, out of the ideas that we had on the Centipede forum, it occurs to me that the cat one would still work. And you could always try to hit 35 mph again on your way to work tomorrow...

Old 04-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Well im at a bit of a bind as im off for 2 weeks so no driving. Now I need to hit 35mph i was thinking there is a river near me I could sail down, (do boats do 35mph?)

I think we are single handedly keeping gameroom alive ooyah, though this one does seem a little better(easier) then cent.

Our quest continues.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Quote:
Well im at a bit of a bind as im off for 2 weeks so no driving. Now I need to hit 35mph i was thinking there is a river near me I could sail down, (do boats do 35mph?)
Please make a movie.

Quote:
though this one does seem a little better(easier) then cent.
The killer-triangles get me every time. Can't survive for six minutes and can't score gold. I beat the original Asteroids without any problem. But those triangles are a pain in the ass.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #13
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:

I think we are single handedly keeping gameroom alive ooyah, though this one does seem a little better(easier) then cent.

Our quest continues.
Ah... a challenge remains! How to hit 35 mph without a car or a train? Washing machine is of no use if the GPS is being used. Cat? I am sure that they can hit 35?

Skates? One could grab the back of a car?

Hmmmmm. What about... rolling down a hill in a barrel? I guess that the key thing here is... for what distance do you need to maintain 35 mph? I am not sure how often the game checks the GPS?

As for the boat idea... is there a waterfall near you? That should take you over 35 mph. Although the speed would be vertical, not sure if the GPS would count that, so it might be a bad idea.

I guess that you could harness some ducks to the boat? That might get you over 35 mph. You'd need a shit load of bread to catch them all, though.

You're dead right about it being easier... the controls are a lot better than with Centipede... the problem is that the goals are harder.

Yes, between us we will keep the fun alive with this one! It would be a laugh trying to get the travel achievements in the most unconventional way possible. I am hindered by work at the moment, but I have some time off coming up... damn, I wish I had a hill near me!!! That barrel idea would totally work...

Last edited by Ooyah; 04-21-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Boat idea! :)
Old 04-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #14
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
Please make a movie.

The killer-triangles get me every time. Can't survive for six minutes and can't score gold. I beat the original Asteroids without any problem. But those triangles are a pain in the ass.
I find that the real problem with the triangles is that bloody UFO. With the triangles you can just back away, turn around, have a blast, and then back off again. Their movement is always predictable. I am hardly ever killed by the triangles... always the UFO. The firing accuracy of it seems to increase when the triangles appear. Also, if the satellite is intact, the UFO will always hit it with a shot and break it up. So what I tend to do is to focus on the UFO as soon as it appears, and it usually takes me down with an expert shot.

So far I am at around 13,500 for the high score, and about 4:30 for survival... I wonder how everyone else is doing?

I must say though, that, unlike Centipede, the controls work just fine, so this is definitely achievable on the phone... it is just that the goals are harder than for Centipede.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
theEVOL1

theEVOL1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
Ah... a challenge remains! How to hit 35 mph without a car or a train? Washing machine is of no use if the GPS is being used. Cat? I am sure that they can hit 35?

Skates? One could grab the back of a car?

Hmmmmm. What about... rolling down a hill in a barrel? I guess that the key thing here is... for what distance do you need to maintain 35 mph? I am not sure how often the game checks the GPS?

As for the boat idea... is there a waterfall near you? That should take you over 35 mph. Although the speed would be vertical, not sure if the GPS would count that, so it might be a bad idea.

I guess that you could harness some ducks to the boat? That might get you over 35 mph. You'd need a shit load of bread to catch them all, though.

You're dead right about it being easier... the controls are a lot better than with Centipede... the problem is that the goals are harder.

Yes, between us we will keep the fun alive with this one! It would be a laugh trying to get the travel achievements in the most unconventional way possible. I am hindered by work at the moment, but I have some time off coming up... damn, I wish I had a hill near me!!! That barrel idea would totally work...
How about starting up a game and then shooting your phone out of a cannon? These controls are so frustrating, that I am not far from giving it a shot!

Completely unrelated to the travel conundrum, has anyone had trouble with the 10 UFO achievement? I have nearly an hour of play time and I would guess I have shot nearly 100 UFOs and no achievement.

To clarify, they were not hit by asteroids or killed in any other way. I mean that I have personally shot them down. I can guarantee more than 10. This should have been the fourth achievement I got after the 3rd time beating my score, the credits and the tilt.

I will eventually uninstall and reinstall the game if I find no resolution, but that will be after I get the 3 gold metals, so I don't waste the play time!

theEVOL1 is offline   Reply With Quote