Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Darkness
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-09-2007, 07:52 PM   #61
WaltXXX

Send a message via MSN to WaltXXX Send a message via Skype™ to WaltXXX

WaltXXX's Gamercard
But if I restart the whole story, do I have to do all of the side quests again or the Charlie one only to get the achievement?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #62
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Ok, so I killed all the people at Whitefish earlier in the game when I wandered to the Pier. Now I've accepted his mission (Terrence Miller), but they are obviously not there to kill, and he won't talk to me again, even though they're all dead... do I have to do this all over?

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 07-09-2007 at 10:21 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #63
Exane22

Exane22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
WaltXXX: no you dont have to restart all of the side quest if you start a new game.

Pants: Are you sure you killed the gang behind the blue container outside of whitefish. I figured i would check with you just because i was under the impression that they didnt show up until after you accepted the mission.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #64
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Um.. the ones I killed were hanging around a truck with some boxes outside it, and there were a couple walking back and forth between the truck and the fence with the blue banner. Is that the gang, or is there another set of people?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #65
s3an_looi

s3anlooi's Gamercard
Oh no.. I killed the Trinity Cemetry hobo in Chapter 3.. because I thought the game was glitching and the quest wasn't triggering. Only now I know that the quest triggers in Part 5... darn

Gotta restart from 3 again because that's when I killed him.
s3an_looi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #66
Exane22

Exane22's Gamercard

I cant think of were your talking about. But i know that there is no truck by the gang, though there is one of them walking back and forth so im a lil confused. Just double check if you can, they are located outside Whitefish behind the container in the are that the cop car crashes through the gates in chapter 1. Again they are hidden from view by the only container in the area. I hope you find them so you dont have to restart.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #67
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exane22 View Post
I cant think of were your talking about. But i know that there is no truck by the gang, though there is one of them walking back and forth so im a lil confused. Just double check if you can, they are located outside Whitefish behind the container in the are that the cop car crashes through the gates in chapter 1. Again they are hidden from view by the only container in the area. I hope you find them so you dont have to restart.
Maybe I'm on the wrong side of the pool hall. I'm checking on the side that you can reach from Pier 19. Should I be on the other side? (I think it's Chinatown?)

Old 07-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #68
Exane22

Exane22's Gamercard

Na that is the right side, Lower Eastside i believe. Meh, I guess you did kill them then, you can always reload the chapter 3 checkpoint once you beat the game and redo it. You should be able to do it right of the bat so it wont take you long either.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #69
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exane22 View Post
Na that is the right side, Lower Eastside i believe. Meh, I guess you did kill them then, you can always reload the chapter 3 checkpoint once you beat the game and redo it. You should be able to do it right of the bat so it wont take you long either.
I killed them back in Chapter 1 though... this game has some funny achievements. I'm sick of games you have to get everything perfect on a single play through with no chance of going back to get what you missed.

So say I'm screwed on this one, I'll just have to reload chapter 1, play up until chapter 3 and redo that one quest (then the cups game after, too)? It will know I've done all the other quests even though they'll be available again?

Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #70
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks a lot for the help, took me a couple hour to do it. But its worth 50gs. Saved me some time to, gonna go trade in this game..Just getting some more achievements.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:09 PM   #71
ThrillKillBill

ThrillKillBill's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
So say I'm screwed on this one, I'll just have to reload chapter 1, play up until chapter 3 and redo that one quest (then the cups game after, too)? It will know I've done all the other quests even though they'll be available again?
if i'm understanding your question correctly then yes it will. for this achievement i was all over the place loading chap 4, then chap 1, then chap 3 , then chap 5 and it still kept track of what i've done.
ThrillKillBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #72
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKillBill View Post
if i'm understanding your question correctly then yes it will. for this achievement i was all over the place loading chap 4, then chap 1, then chap 3 , then chap 5 and it still kept track of what i've done.
Awesome, I wasn't sure if it would reset my stats back to where I was in Chapter 1 if I loaded it. Thanks.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #73
Cisumurug

Send a message via AIM to Cisumurug Send a message via Yahoo to Cisumurug

cisumurug's Gamercard
Am I going to have to do the side quests over? I started a new game on hard and when I got to the third chapter (without doing any side quests) That black guy that gives you that one quest where you can use the blackhole and get 5 people in it, isn't there. Is there previous side quests you need to do before him?
Cisumurug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #74
ThrillKillBill

if you started a new game instead of reloading chapters and don't have heart of gold achievement, then yes you do have to do them all again.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 AM   #75
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
So okay understood about completing the whole game again for the dead bum. Which was tricky because RIGHT when you have the demons, there is a guy just standing there looking like he's for practice. If I do the game over do I have to do all those missions again? Or is it saved in my game through bonuses that I have done those side quests? I loved the game but thought the side missions were long and boring except the hitman missions. Has anyone redone the game and gotten achievements for devouring 300 hearts? I did it already just curious...I am hoping that the game saves total...so you can lets say beat it once with 150 and beat it again with 150 and get an achievement. Same with kills! Can anyone verify this!
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:21 AM   #76
Cisumurug

cisumurug's Gamercard
Quote:
if you started a new game instead of reloading chapters and don't have heart of gold achievement, then yes you do have to do them all again.
Are you sure because I still have the percentage when I looked at the achievement??

EDIT: I still got the Hear of Gold achievement when I started over. I only needed the bum and the guy in the 4th chapter.
The black guy Terrence was in the 5th chapter, but wasn't in the 3rd chapter. Hmm go figure =P

Last edited by Cisumurug; 07-11-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #77
Exane22

Exane22's Gamercard

Wink

Wow it seems the glitches are coming out of the woodwork now, thank god im done with this game

First of all on the "Heart of Gold" achievement once you do a side quest you shouldnt have to do it again ever (unless if you need to do that one to open up another one), even if you restart. It will always keep your percent.

Second: Pants, i have no idea why those guys were there in chapter one but i dont think they should have been. Again another glitch but im sry that you have to restart bro, that really blows.

Third: Yes, if you fucked up back in chapter one then that is where you have to go back to. Same with all the other chapters.

Hope that clears things up and helps you all out
Old 07-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #78
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Well, turns out I was in the complete wrong place the whole time. I was actually in the Pier section, and killed a gang by a blue banner that said Whitefish Pool on it... but that's not the pool hall! Turns out the hall is in a section of Lower East Side that I had not gone to for some reason, stumbled across them later. Finally got that achievement.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #79
Exane22

Exane22's Gamercard

Hahaha Well im glad you able to complete the quest, you were making me second guess myself about all that i know about The Darkness, Ive been afraid to help people lately. Glad its cleared up
Old 07-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #80
justcallmeChill
Banned User

justcallmeChill's Gamercard
yea all i need now is the hobo at the end im playing through on the hard right now
justcallmeChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #81
ThrillKillBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisumurug View Post

EDIT: I still got the Hear of Gold achievement when I started over. I only needed the bum and the guy in the 4th chapter.
The black guy Terrence was in the 5th chapter, but wasn't in the 3rd chapter. Hmm go figure =P
did you start a new game or did you reload chapter 1? there is a difference

well con'grats pants party and cisumurug
Old 07-12-2007, 02:55 AM   #82
Cisumurug

cisumurug's Gamercard
Quote:
did you start a new game or did you reload chapter 1? there is a difference

well con'grats pants party and cisumurug
Yeah I started a new game, from my previous game I had all by two side quests.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #83
Kythe91

Deceptive Spoon's Gamercard
I Killed The Guy In Trinity Cemetery Toilets Will I Still Be Able To Get The Collective If I Reload The Chapter Before I Killed Him>?>>?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #84
ThrillKillBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kythe91 View Post
I Killed The Guy In Trinity Cemetery Toilets Will I Still Be Able To Get The Collective If I Reload The Chapter Before I Killed Him>?>>?
if you killed him in chap 3, you must reload chap 3 and play through it without killing , and play through chap 4 and then in chap 5 just go straight to the cemetery and he'll be there. if it was chap 1 that you killed him, well you'll have to play chap 1 through 5 again.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #85
Sixgun Samurai
Banned User

Wow. That totally helped. I went back to Paulie and got the mission reassigned and viola, the window is now open.
Sixgun Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:41 PM   #86
KindCandy

Send a message via Yahoo to KindCandy

KindCandy's Gamercard
i dint even knew about that window thing but just GOT the damn sleepy Guy after hours of searching
I killed all of them fine,, NOW WHERE TO GO N WHAT TO DO? where should i go now i am back from the hell sec time and Killed Vinnys hits now where should i go to get ma next mission ??????

Last edited by KindCandy; 07-15-2007 at 11:44 PM.
KindCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #87
Lumabizz

Lumabizz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan View Post
Find Rose for another collectible over in Fulton Street station (should be around the area Vinny is/was in). For the whole game she remains asleep there until you wake her.
Im 93% finish with the side missons, on chapter 5.
But i cant talk to this old lady... (Rosie Hazelgrove) why?
She wakes up, walking around a little, sits down again, and falling to sleep
It think this is my last side mission also if im not wrong?

My Website | Xbox | My GamerCard Website

Last edited by Lumabizz; 07-17-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Lumabizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:23 PM   #88
WarriorPriest13

Send a message via AIM to WarriorPriest13

WarriorPriest13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWebbmeister View Post
He's not in the cemetary. He's outside the gates and wants you to hop the wall with Creeping Dark
I just found out you can still get into the cemetary without using the creeping dark. If you go back to the wall near the stairs back to the subway there is a little building with a light and high voltage sticker. There isa box beside that you can jump on, then you jump on the building and then over the wall. You land near Jenny's grave. To get back out you have to (sorry Jenny) Jump on her tombstone then jump on the tomb next to it then back over the wall. Kinda kool if you don't want to use the creeping or if you just want to poke around the cemetary.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #89
Lumabizz

Lumabizz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumabizz View Post
Im 93% finish with the side missons, on chapter 5.
But i cant talk to this old lady... (Rosie Hazelgrove) why?
She wakes up, walking around a little, sits down again, and falling to sleep
It think this is my last side mission also if im not wrong?
Problem solved, i forgot to speak to her husband in hell. so i had to go back one chapter

My Website | Xbox | My GamerCard Website

Last edited by Lumabizz; 07-18-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Lumabizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #90
Sam Patz

Post What about chen

He was at the 1 chapter and was being harrased does he count. And what do I do about the trinket from the bum. I did everything on the list and still only have a 96%
Sam Patz is offline   Reply With Quote