PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Top Spin 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #1
RFC BARRY 88

Send a message via MSN to RFC BARRY 88 Send a message via Yahoo to RFC BARRY 88

RFC BARRY 88's Gamercard
Some Help Please

i am ranked 4th in the world rankings just behind 3rd by 200 points and im in my 4th season i am struggling to keep up with roddick even though i have beat federer in a semi final of a masters tournament roddick just over powers me every time i play him. anyone got any ideas what stats i should put up high for the next career i do after i finish this 1 im desperate to get the ranked 1st in career
Old 07-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Just slice the ball back with him, buys you more time t get back in position

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:07 AM   #3
Seandor

Seandor's Gamercard
Max out Speed, Power, Backhand and Forehand. This will make you a powerful baseline player. Don't bother with Volley or Focus. Volley is useless because you'll be playing from the baseline. Focus is useless because you don't need to use the power shots. 2 or 3 stars is all that you should need in stamina. 4 or 5 stars in Serve. 5 stars in precision, and balance the rest out.

You should be able to pretty easily beat all the pro players by the start of your third year. The best strategy is to use the red button (can't remember the name of the shot, been a while since I played) to get your opponent running side to side. Use the regular green shot to put points away. The only player I had problems with semi-regularly using this strategy was Coria, as he runs impossibly fast and tracks down ridiculous shots.
Seandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:10 AM   #4
Seandor

Seandor's Gamercard
Also, I refer you to this post that I made when I had just finished my second career.

Quote:
Well, with mostly bronze stars, and your first career, naturally you're going to have some difficulty beating the best players in the game.

My first time through, the first grand slam I won was the US Open in season 2, and that was with a lot of restarting. But you don't really have to worry about this. I assume you're going for 1000 career points to get that achievement, and to get that you really only need to start excelling by season 3.

If you want to get silver and gold stars faster, compete in the special events (ie. Bill Billions invite, Mixed Singles Tournament, challenge from a pro, challenge from your rival for 1,000,000). Winning these challenges gives you 10 silver stars and 5-7 gold stars, which is a nice boost.

Now, by the time I became really good at this game, I started a new career, and I started winning grand slams right from the beginning of season 2, beating players like Federer, Roddick, Henman and Coria without even having 60 stars.

My advice is to start playing big tournaments right in the second season, and to train during minor tournaments only.

Now, to beat the top players you're going to need to employ certain strategies. It's not like with the amateur players where you can win by only using the safe shot. You'll find that most of the better players will serve wide from the right side of the court (right from their perspective). If you just return the ball straight to them, they'll have a clean shot for the win. So what you want to do is use the top spin shot (red button) and hit the ball as far cross court as you can without shooting it out. As soon as you make the return start running for the opposite side of the court, and then hit your next shot cross court in the other direction. If you do it right you should start to get them running from side to side. Just keep doing this until they get so far out of position that they can't make a return.

Now, when they're serving from the left side, I find there's a strategy that works against almost every single player, on 90% of every rally. Doesn't really matter where they serve on this side, what you want to do is return with a slice shot (blue button), but instead of hitting it cross court you want to hit it to the open side of the court. Hit it as close to the line as possible. Most of the time your opponent will return the ball by hitting it cross court, but they won't have time to hit it with any kind of power. So all you have to do is get in position and hit the ball into the opposite corner of your opponent.

I use this strategy and I can beat any player in the game 3-0, 3-0, 3-0.

The thing about pro players is that they can sometimes be unpredictable, so think on your feet. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you're way too far to one side, or you need time to get back to the center of the court, use a top spin shot (red button) or a slice shot (blue button). These shots slow the ball way down, so you have time to get back into position.
Hopefully that helps a bit.
Seandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #5
RFC BARRY 88

Send a message via MSN to RFC BARRY 88 Send a message via Yahoo to RFC BARRY 88

RFC BARRY 88's Gamercard
cheers for the help guys i will try and max out forehand, backhand, power, precision and service next career i play a friend of mine said its easy when i max all those stats out