PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Lips
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Mace1st

mace1st's Gamercard
Savegame Corruption

Ok, so heres the problem. I originally started with the No1 Hits disc and was progressing nicely, about 350+ medals/24k stars, when i decided to get Lips second hand for the "Get music" achievements. Well, after adding about 10 songs, something came up about a download completing and that i would needed to restart Lips to continue.

Following the sterling advice of the manufacturers, i restarted the game only to be told that my savegame was corrupt and that i needed to create a new one to continue. Fearing the worst, i did, and immediately went to my lips. I was shocked to see that the stars and medals weren't at 0 although about 2k stars lost and about 60 medals.

Well i proceeded with adding the 300 songs and deleting them, and decided to go back on No 1 Hits to make up the medals and stars the corruption lost for me.

After loading No 1 Hits, theres no stats in my lips, not one fucking lousy star. 0 for everything, no medals, ranking, songs played info, nothing. Yet when i put in Lips, the stats are there. What the fuck is happening? Why does the absolutely shit original have all the stats i accumulated, yet the game i actually want to play have sweet fuck all on it?

Does anyone know how to fix this so No 1 hits has the stats and not the original??

I mean, its not like the original had any stats without No1 hits, so why the fuck would it feel the need to amend the savefile so it can only be used with Lips.

Sorry for my frustration, its just that i dont want to restart my progress just so i can play the game that i prefer, no strike that, WANT to play because microsoft cant handle backwards compatability.
Mace1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'm really sorry to say you're screwed.

My gf and i both had this (Except we had the 80's one first), i decided not to play the original game (as i knew my file wasn't corrupt)and i kept my stats, she didn't and lost her whole file. Now her stats are different in the original game and the others but she can play both. I can't play the original game as it tries to say the file is corrupt.
Microsoft do know about this and don't care about it, even though there have been at least 5 updates since i've been playing.
What you can do to avoid it is always play through either NOH, 80's or Party classics and play the original songs through those discs - it's a pain switching discs for each song but means you can play the original disc songs at least.
I can't get the 'add x tunes from external sources' cheev's because of this, although i got the first somehow.

Also to save you're frustration the 'Party monster' and 'Thrashin' 80's' achievements are both glitched and don't work for most people. They certainly don't work for me!
Lava Tonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Mace1st

mace1st's Gamercard
Thanks for the reply mate. After alot of searching, i pretty came to the same conclusion. It's just a royal pain in the ass with the progress that i'd made; now i dont know which achievements to concentrate on and which disc to play on.

As i said, my stats are still there on the original, so i might play on that for a while to get the medal based achievements out of the way. But then im going to have to start from scratch with NOH to get the 20 medals out of the way.

Are the stats from each game cumulative? Say i have 22k stars on lips, and then get 28k on NOH, will it count as 50k stars? same for medals? or will it just count each separate?

I really cannot be bothered to do all that progress again because of a bug that microsoft know about. One thing is for certain, i highly doubt i will ever purchase a game published by microsoft studios ever again.
Mace1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
As far as i know the stats are cumulative, but only if your save is across both games.
As I can't play the original disc if i play the songs through the others (NOH/80's) the stats do still count.
And i agree about the microsoft studios thing, Fable 3 was a glitch ridden POS too, although the most frustrating thing about it is they're good games!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
pauly_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Tonsil View Post
I can't get the 'add x tunes from external sources' cheev's because of this, although i got the first somehow.
Was in exactly the same boat as you. To get those external songs achievements, I copied my save to an external memory stick, loaded up Lips original disk on the account you want the achievements on, started a new file from scratch, got the add tunes achievements then just went to the dashboard and deleted that save.

Then I put my original save back on to my hard drive and carried on as normal.

Just glad I didn't blindly select yes when the save corrupted: delete file to progress option popped up.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly_27 View Post
Was in exactly the same boat as you. To get those external songs achievements, I copied my save to an external memory stick, loaded up Lips original disk on the account you want the achievements on, started a new file from scratch, got the add tunes achievements then just went to the dashboard and deleted that save.

Then I put my original save back on to my hard drive and carried on as normal.

Just glad I didn't blindly select yes when the save corrupted: delete file to progress option popped up.
Thanks for the tip, i hadn't thought of that - very sneaky!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
Barklund

Fannicklas's Gamercard
I had 100 000 stars when the game went corrupt. Now I have to start all over again. :/
Barklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
dersuedwanderer

dersuedwanderer's Gamercard
Donīt know, whats the Probl with my Lips.
First played I love the 80, than Party Classics.
When I put the original Lips Disk in it says my savegame is corruptet. F***
Going back to 80 or Party Classics the savegame works fine....

Any ideas? Otherwise I finish all the achievements regarding medals and stars before i erase/copy it to my stick.
This sucks.
dersuedwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote