Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #32
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody7x7 View Post
thats when I usually go "o, you wanna **** with me, then I smite you!" then no more switching for them
Tell that to the Eternity level. When I wrote the guide for the marks, I skipped every enemy. Absolutely every one. It's the one level I don't really want to play in arcade. I rue the day I sit and try to get a high score in that level. RUE IT.

Kay. Got a final to sleep for. I'll resume work on the enemy guide after that mess. If anyone has a capture card and Outland, would it be possible to get some enemy pictures? I'd gladly give credit; taking photos of the TV looks like butt, and I'm almost at the point of removing the existing pictures. This wouldn't be an issue if the game had names for the enemies that I could just reference, but not the case. :/

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:46 AM   #33
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
I keep having to correct myself because the game refers to the two different colors as "alignments", but polarity fish sounds better to me.
Bah, the game is pretty shameless about the other games it draws concepts from (not that that's a bad thing,) so I don't see the point in using different terminology when we've been using Polarity since what, 2003?

I mean hell, the bullet sprites are similar and the laser animations are near identical to projectiles in Ikaruga, and the colour schemes too!

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #34
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
You forgot the giant warrior, the one with the sword and shield. It has a health bar. Guess it like a mini boss, he blocks everything from the front and you can't jump over him. I have fought two so far, the first one I killed with a bomb and the second I had to use the slide move to go under his shield and kick him in the ankles. After you land the hit, he jams his shield into the ground for a moment. It sends out a slight shock wave, so jump over that. When the shield is in the ground his head is exposed, so jump and land a few hits with the sword. Rinse and Repeat.
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #35
Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajan Elite View Post
You forgot the giant warrior, the one with the sword and shield. It has a health bar. Guess it like a mini boss, he blocks everything from the front and you can't jump over him.
Yup, he's a miniboss and not a regular enemy, so I'm saving him for the "Boss" section when I write it tomorrow. Game's only been out a week, and I have finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajan Elite View Post
I have fought two so far, the first one I killed with a bomb and the second I had to use the slide move to go under his shield and kick him in the ankles. After you land the hit, he jams his shield into the ground for a moment. It sends out a slight shock wave, so jump over that. When the shield is in the ground his head is exposed, so jump and land a few hits with the sword. Rinse and Repeat.
He also uses a beam of his alignment that he'll wash over you, swap it to the other alignment to wash over again, and then finally one more wash with his alignment. Getting too close during that initiates his shield pound, but when he's shooting the beam of his opposite alignment, feel free to jump up and slap him in the face a bunch for free hits. Smite works on him for a little extra damage.

However, I want to detail the locations of all three in the guide (bombs are easier to use, but I think there's only one bomb dispenser near the first one), so I'm holding off on it for another day. I also need to write a guide for the large serpent mini boss, and all the regular bosses, so I'm a bit behind thanks to the Mark guide. :/

Old 05-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #36
FireEagleStorm

FireEagleStorm's Gamercard
Hello

A small movie to show you how to obtain the achievements Two Birds of Outland

Realizable at the beginning of the level Hells : Underground River

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4mOrOB368g
FireEagleStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #37
Chozo_Lord

Chozo Lord's Gamercard
This game looks fantastic. I really enjoyed the trial version on Xbox Live.

Thanks for the guide. I look forward to buying the full game and will definitely use it. I appreciate it!
Chozo_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #38
Tricky I Shadow

Anyone know how many hearts and energy circles you can get?
Tricky I Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #39
Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky I Shadow View Post
Anyone know how many hearts and energy circles you can get?
12 hearts, 8 energy. I'm going to add these to the marks guide, I think, since there's no achievement for getting all of them.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #40
Chozo_Lord

Chozo Lord's Gamercard
I uploaded some videos on YouTube for some of the more challenging Achievements. You may use them in the first post if you want. Again, thanks for this guide.

"Survivor" Achievement -

"Untouchable" Achievement -
Chozo_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #41
Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozo_Lord View Post
I uploaded some videos on YouTube for some of the more challenging Achievements. You may use them in the first post if you want. Again, thanks for this guide.

"Survivor" Achievement - YouTube - Outland "Survivor" Achievement Guide

"Untouchable" Achievement - YouTube - Outland "Untouchable" Achievement Guide
Cool, thanks! I'm going to rework the guide a bit, and I'll include the videos after I finish the boss guide and now apparently need to redo the maps for the Marks guide. Only been away a few days from home and things piled up.

I'll probably get to the guide itself tomorrow after my appointment; I'll credit you, of course.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #42
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

i made a quick video for the two birds achievement.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:07 AM   #43
quocviet0908

ArbiterVN's Gamercard
Quote:
MINI-BOSS GUIDE:

Warrior Mini Boss:
You first encounter these guys in the City. They are massive shield warriors with swords. They have a few basic attacks: a slash, a shield stomp, and a beam attack. Mostly this boss takes patience and reading his movements. When he throws his arms back wide, he is about to do an overhead sword slash. It's easy to dodge this. He'll do it when you're medium range from him. When you are closer, he will pound the ground with the edge of his shield, which does a small splash of damage. This is one of his vulnerable moments where you can slash at his face, as it's the only weak point he has. Give him three slaps and back off. Once you knock him down about 1/2 way, he'll begin to use his beam move. The "read" for this attack is a motion that looks like coughing. His move starts out as his alignment, then switches to the opposite alignment, then back sweeping up and down each time. Getting too close interrupts this and begins his shield pound, but if you can jump in when he's using his opposite polarity, you can score some extra hits and interrupt the beam attack

Smite does a small amount of extra damage, and I don't recommend charged attack as the close range of it can get dicey. Beam doesn't work too well, but it's possible to use it. Bombs will instantly kill him (only the first one of these is near a bomb dispenser). He's not very difficult, and just requires time to kill him without getting hit.
I have a quick way to deal with this (too bad i don't have any camera to record it):
-It is simple to reduce its heath to 1/2, just get close enough and slash his leg (low slash). When he begins to stomp to shield, get back and repeat.
-The last is easy as above, just slash his face with opposite polarity when he is attacking with a beam.
quocviet0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #44
Cyclobomber

Cyclobomber's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide, it helped me a lot against the giant shielded warriors.

I have a question. I just beat the game, and I wondered if I could fight the bosses without resarting a new game or having to do a whole area in arcade mode ?

The boss fights were really awesome, and I wish I could do them again.
Cyclobomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #45
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
only arcade mode, or in a new game.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:56 AM   #46
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
Found a good spot for "That's Teamwork". It's in "Jungle Highlands" way up at the top of the stage near the Crystal of Life. There's a red flower there spitting dark energy at you, and a Kamikazer up on the hill. Just jump the flower, get the Kamikazer's attention, jump it and it should kill the flower and give you the achievement.
CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #47
RobertWarner

RobertWarner's Gamercard
sorry but i think the best place for grinding the millionaire cheevo is in the sky proving grounds near the yellow power up charger and go killing all the blue and red fishes with the shield charger attack
RobertWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:36 AM   #48
echoedpulse23

echoedpulse23's Gamercard
Yeah, this looks really good, I am probably gonna put one together, just for practice, post it and hopefully get some input.

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim => 11/11/2011--> Everything Else is just Passing Time
echoedpulse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #49
Rab1d Rh1no

Rab1d Rh1no's Gamercard
Fantastic Guide! helped me get the 2 birds 1 stone thing, thanks man.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #50
I 7 I Sullivan

I 7 I Sullivan's Gamercard
Thank you very much
I 7 I Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #51
I 7 I Sullivan

I 7 I Sullivan's Gamercard
This was really helpful.
I 7 I Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote