Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Overlord
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-02-2007, 01:39 AM   #1
Veles

Veles's Gamercard
Equipment and Forging guide

Thought I’d write a little reference guide on equipment and forging. It goes into the most basic stuff just encase people don’t know it.

Your Equipment

You have three item slots, helmet, armour and weapon, and there are three different weapons, swords, axes and maces. There are also three materials which you can make your equipment out of, you start off with steel, then durium, then arcanium. All pieces of equipment can be imbued with minions to make them better, different colour minions give different benefits.

Armour

Basic armour gives you defence, so you take less damage from attacks, the better the material, the better the protection.

Bonuses

Browns: Adding 11 browns increases the defense of the armour by 1 point
Reds: Adding 11 reds increases your mana by 1 point
Greens: Adding 10 greens increases your health regeneration by 1%
Blues: Adding 11 blues increases your max health by 1 point

Steel armour

Price: 2000
Max imbue: 325
Max defense bonus: 29
Max mana bonus: 29
Max health regen: 32%
Max health bonus: 29

Durium armour

Price: 4000
Max imbue: 575
Max defense bonus: 52
Max mana bonus: 52
Max health regen: 57%
Max health bonus: 52

Arcanum armour

Price: 7000

Max imbue: 1000
Max defense bonus: 90
Max mana bonus: 90
Max health regen: 100%
Max health bonus: 90

Helmets

As far as I know, this serves no purpose unless you imbue it. When you imbue it however, it is very useful as it allows you to control more minions.

Bonuses

All minions: Adding 135 minions grants you the control over 1 extra minion.

Steel helmet

Price: 2500

Max imbue: 675
Max horde size: +5

Durium helmet

Price: 4500

Max imbue: 1150
Max horde size: +8

Arcanium Helmet

Price: 8000

Max imbue: 2000
Max horde size: +15

Weapons

Weapons, obviously, deal damage, the better the material, the more damage. Swords are the quickest of the three weapons, but deal the least damage. Maces deal the most damage, but are slow. Different weapon types appear to make no differences to the bonuses you can receive.

Bonuses

Browns: Adding 1 brown increases weapon damage by 0.3? points
Reds: Adding 1 reds adds 0.3? points of fire damage
Greens: Adding 1 green adds 0.8% to your critical hit damage
Blues: Adding 1 blue adds 0.8% to your knockback damage

Steel weapon

Price: 1500
Max imbue: 175
Max damage increase: 52?
Max fire damage: 52
Max critical: 140%
Max knockback: 140%

Durium weapon

Price: 3000

Max imbue: 300
Max damage increase: 90?
Max fire damage: 90?
Max critical: 240%
Max knockback: 240%

Arcanium weapon

Price: 5000

Max imbue: 500
Max damage increase: 150?
Max fire damage: 150?
Max critical: 400%
Max knockback: 400%

FAQ

When can I start forging weapons and armour?

To start forging, you'll need to find the forge (duh), this can be found in mellow hills in some fields to the left of the village (you can only access them through the village at first). The only problem is it's on fire, so you'll need red minions to put out the flames, you get these in the Melvin's Kitchen sub area of Mellow Hills.

Where can I get the other forges?

The Durium forge can be found in the Understreets (2) sub area of Heaven's Peak, the entrance to Understreets (2) is found inside Understreets by the exit to the city square.

The Arcanium forge can be found in the Arcanium Mines sub area in the Golden Hills. To get to them you have to go into The Brewery and exit through the back entance. You'll then be in a valley area, with Goldo's fort directly ahead, and the arcanium mines along a path to the left of the entance as you face Goldo's fort.

Whoa thats a lot of minions I need to fully max out the equipment for the achievements, how the hell do I get that many?

Yep, you'll need to sacrifice a total of 6700 minions to get all three achievements (thanks to Zef for adding that up for me), this is actually very easy, albiet time consuming. Once you have arcanium armour and an arcanium weapon, you can go to the arena area and fight against beetles, do this on your own, otherwise you'll lose lots of minions. Each beetle drops 3 lifeforce, and each fight, which takes about 2 minutes, gets you a total of 75 lifeforce.
Battler Beetles give brown lifeforce
Magma Beetles give red lifeforce
Puff Beetles give green lifeforce
Dazzler Beetles give blue lifeforce

Thanks to Rayge13 for this glitch that should make this achievement even easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayge13
if you're at the beginning of the game with only the first smelter, someone found a glitch that can help a lot if you don't mind using that kind of advantage. Set your number of minions to be sacrified to the smelter and choose Forge! Now the camera is supposed to move up to show your cute little minions jumping to their deaths. As soon as the camera starts to move, press Start and choose to save and quit before they jump in. The upgrades will be saved and you'll still have your minions.

I have now tested it and can now confirm it works, kind of. I've found if you put more than 101 of any minion type in at once, you will lose some minions, but if you put in 101 minions of the same type or less in then you shouldn't lose any. It also works with the achievements, use this glitch to get your equipment almost fully imbued (i.e. 1 slot left on each piece), put on all of that set then finish off the imbuing process off properly and it should work.

Whats the best weapon to use?

In my opinion, the mace is the best weapon, I've done a lot of beetle killing in the arena, and I've found the mace is by far the quickest at getting through the fight.

Whats the best bonus to use on armour?

I like to have health regen. I find that the health normally is plenty, and if I'm getting to below 50% health, usually all my minions have been killed anyway and I'm pretty screwed even if I have a few more bars of health. I very rarely use magic, so the base mana is more than enough for me. I suppose extra defense might be good, but I reccomend at least 25% regeneration to make you less dependant on health shrines, I have 100% regen on my arcanium armour and I've never needed to use a shrine since.

Whats the best bonus to use on a weapon?

Not sure about this one, since it's a bit obscure what some of the bonuses do. But out of extra damage and extra fire damage, I'd go for extra damage since some things are immune to fire. If critical % works the way I think it does, then thats probably a very good one to go for. Your minions do most of the damage anyway, so this isn't that important really.

Can I mix the types of minions I use to imbue my helmet? Or do I need to stick with one colour once I've put it in there?

You can have any ratio of minion colour you like, the types don't effect the boost you get, so you could put in 50% browns, 30% reds and 20% blues and it wouldn't make any difference to the outcome.

What do I need to get the full set of X achievements?

You'll need the armour, helmet and one weapon, you don't need to buy all three, but you can if you like

What do I need to get the '
Forge an Ultimately Imbued X Set' achievements?

Bit of a misdescription here, in the forge menu, you don't have to select forge to get this one, upgrading already forged equipment works too. All you need to do is fill the armour, helmet and one weapon with minions, it doesn't matter which type, you use, so long as the items are filled.

Help! 'Forge an Ultimately Imbued X Set' achievement didn't unlock!

This seems to be a common bug, try putting on all of the fully forged items, if that doesn't work, try adding 1 minion to another weapon of the set type (while wearing the fully imbued set), if you've imbued fully all the weapons, try buying another and doing the above trick. To prevent this bug happening in future, make sure when you come to imbuing the last piece of a set, you wear all of that set when you upgrade it.

Last edited by Veles; 07-23-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:53 AM   #2
Veles

Veles's Gamercard
As you can see, it's unfinished, when I first decided I'd write this, I'd only really known that the adding 10 greens to armour gives you 1% regeneration, so I thought all the rest would be the same. Unfortuneatly that seems to be the only nice round number.

So if you see an 'X' or a questionmark by a number, feel free to post the number/confirmation, I'd greatly appreciate it.

So far in my investigations; for weapons, the increase in damage is an obscure percentage. I completely filled my steel mace with red minions (175) and I got a fire damage bonus of 52, which means each red minion adds around 0.297 damage. It seems damage increase and fire damage increase follow the same rules, so if anyone can tell me what the maxiumum fire damage/normal damage is for arcanium and durium weapons that would be great since I could confirm the number.

For armour I think when adding browns/reds/blues, adding 11 will increase the related bonus by 1, since in my investigations, I added 10, no change, added 1 more, bonus increased to 1, added 22 more, bonus increased to 3.

Oh, and also, can anyone explain the critical percentage and knockback percentage?

I'm guessing that in the attack sequence, you get a couple of normal swings, then a big attack (critical) and then a jabby attack (knockback). So I'm guessing critical % is the amount of damage the big attack does, and the knockback is how long your opponent is stunned for, or something like that. It's deffinitely not crit chance, because putting 100 minions in a durium weapon game me an 80% crit chance, so the bonus will go well over 100%.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Master Duke

Duke18's Gamercard
Wow man A+ work, great stuff. Im afraid i cant answer yur questions, im pretty new to the game. Just wanted to let you know that yur guide here helped me out BIG time. Thanks man, peace 2 u.
Master Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
Jackel2556

ILira ILira's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
Help! 'Forge an Ultimately Imbued X Set' achievement didn't unlock!

This seems to be a common bug, try putting on all of the fully forged items, if that doesn't work, try adding 1 minion to another weapon of the set type (while wearing the fully imbued set), if you've imbued fully all the weapons, try buying another and doing the above trick. To prevent this bug happening in future, make sure when you come to imbuing the last piece of a set, you wear all of that set when you upgrade it.
Thanks Man this wass happening to me but then i just put on the steel and durium set went to the forge and just added one minion to my extra steel armor and got the achievement for the ultimate steel and durium
Jackel2556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #5
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just to point out, you need a minimum of 6700 minions to fully upgrade all three sets of equipment (with only one weapon in each) which helps greatly towards the lifeforce harvesting achievements.

You also use 'essence' instead of 'lifeforce' which you should probably change to avoid any confusion =)
Zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:42 PM   #6
Rayge13

Rayge13's Gamercard
Or, if you're at the beginning of the game with only the first smelter, someone found a glitch that can help a lot if you don't mind using that kind of advantage. Set your number of minions to be sacrified to the smelter and choose Forge! Now the camera is supposed to move up to show your cute little minions jumping to their deaths. As soon as the camera starts to move, press Start and choose to save and quit before they jump in. The upgrades will be saved and you'll still have your minions.

I noticed that using more than 100 minions of the same type at a time will cause you to lose a certain percentage anyway. Still better than nothing.

Rayge13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
MrRedrum

xxLinoleumKnife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'd rather not even hassle with that and just sacrifice them all to fulfill my wishes. it is entirely too much work to save and quit and then reload dammit! lol. awesome little glitch if it does work.

MrRedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
Veles

Veles's Gamercard
Edited in the changes and additions, cheers guys If you can think of anything else keep it coming.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #9
colburn

Send a message via MSN to colburn

SystemErrored's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i have a question i upgtraded a steal weapon and then when i went to upgrade it again it went away and i can no longer upgrade it does that mean its maxed out?

Completed Retails: 12
Completed Arcade: 0

add me
colburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #10
Exane22

Exane22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yup, If you use the max numbers of minions on a given peice of equipment it no longer lets you to upgrade it.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #11
colburn

Send a message via MSN to colburn

SystemErrored's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
does that mean it will count towards a maxed out weapon and i can do the same for my helment and armor to get the achi?

Completed Retails: 12
Completed Arcade: 0

add me
colburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #12
Exane22

Exane22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yup, that is what the achievement is. There is one for each type of equipment.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:38 AM   #13
DutchHooligan

Dutch Saint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
arrrggghh.. I have max outed my steel armor, axe and helmet. Achievent did not unlock.. Purchased a steelsword, sacrificied a few minions,still nada....
anyone know whats going on?

UPDATE:.... weird.....it unlocked, but never gave me the pop up....
Old 07-15-2007, 08:48 PM   #14
w4rh34d

w4rh34d's Gamercard
I got all the armors with only 2000ish minions

upgrade / forge items till the achievement pops then shutdown the 360

reload game and repeat for each set

as it doesnt save.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #15
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rh34d View Post
I got all the armors with only 2000ish minions

upgrade / forge items till the achievement pops then shutdown the 360

reload game and repeat for each set

as it doesnt save.
Since you need to collect 10,000 lifeforce anyway what is the point in doing this other than melting your 360? It might save you a few minions early on, but you can wear a steel set until you fight Kahn, then switch to Arcanium if you feel it is necessary. You'll be getting a crap load of minions anyway so you might as well fry the bastards.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:05 PM   #16
Veles

Veles's Gamercard
Tested the glitch and have added to that section what I've found, also found the amount of minions you can put in a Durium helmet was wrong, so I put it to what it actually is.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:06 AM   #17
The Freakquency Theory

oh poop ): I misunderstood the upgrading thing ): so..I can only upgrade to the max imbue number? So I couldn't like..max out every stat on each item ._. ..?

:: Death's number one son ::
The Freakquency Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #18
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Not every stat, only one. And even then you can't upgrade any of the other stats with even a single minion. So you need to choose whether you want full regeneration or full defense on that armour, or split it in some way between the four attributes.

So you are limited to the maximum number of minions a piece of equipment can hold, which is cunningly the maximum number of minions needed to fully upgrade a single attribute.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 AM   #19
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
Just a heads up. When you're going for the 'Ultimately Imbued' Achievements, to get them to work properly with the glitch, the last minion you imbue must be done properly NOT with the glitch.

Imbue 2 of the 3 with the glitch completely, then the last one imbue with the glitch, but leave 1 space, then do that one alone, properly and your all done.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I haven't read through the thread, I just noticed that the op mentioned it being a bug in the FAQ part of his post, and htought I'd clarify how to avoid said bug.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:30 PM   #20
RRIKER

RRIKER's Gamercard
Wow, man this is an awesome guide! Thanks!
RRIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #21
Sin

SinsemillaJoe's Gamercard
Awesome guide, but you forgot one thing: achievements are separate from save games. This means that all you have to do is forge the lesser items items and quit without saving. Therefore, all you need to harvest is 3500, which is the amount to fill up the Arcanium. Too bad I still have to keep farming beetles anyways for that damn Minion Multitude achievement...

On a side note, I recommend making a new save slot before doing this. It's just in case you are like me and accidentally save. It's always good to have a backup.
Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:01 AM   #22
D1SC0NNECTED

Send a message via AIM to D1SC0NNECTED Send a message via MSN to D1SC0NNECTED

d1sc0nnected's Gamercard
Think glitch was fixed. I've tried multiple times, but no option to save if paused as the camera starts to move.
D1SC0NNECTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #23
Pauly31uk

Pauly31uk's Gamercard
glitch fixed. can anyone help me.

hi,

game updated when i was connected to xbox live is there anyway to take update off so i can get glitch to work again.

without having to start from scrath.

thx.

Paul
Pauly31uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:51 AM   #24
cheeze weazul

Cheeze Weazul's Gamercard
DLC Molds

Axe of confusion: Mold in Mellow Hills Abyss behind giant pumpkin #2
100 browns. 50 blues. $3000

Mace of doom: Mold behind stage right in Evernight Forest Abyss
100 Greens. 250 Blues. $3000

Harvesting Helmet: Behind sheep in Heavens Peak Abyss
300 browns. 50 reds. 300 greens 50 blues. $4500

Missing the Armor
Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 AM   #25
Shdwwrym

Shdwwrym's Gamercard
Sword of Life-Stealing: Behind exploding sheep in Golden Hills Abyss.
Requires: I forged mine already by accident...

Armor of Fire: Behind explodable wall in Golden Hills Abyss.
Requires: Forged this one too, sorry!

Looking For Elliott's Portrait in Fable 3!

Message me if you're organizing something in multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption!
Shdwwrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:12 AM   #26
Seankichu

Seankichu's Gamercard
Please confirm

Could I divert everyones attention to this thread for a sec to get some confirmation on whether there has been a glitch fix update or not:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...447#post760447
Old 03-31-2008, 11:46 PM   #27
Seankichu

Seankichu's Gamercard
sorted

ok I recieved a reply on the issue of the glitch being patched and it appears it has been fixed.
This guide should probably be updated to reflect this and maybe suggest playing offline if you want to avoid the patch and still use the armour upgrade glitch.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:02 AM   #28
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
What are the base stats (before forging) for the different items, if there are any differences at all?

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:03 AM   #29
Rabid

PilIow Pants's Gamercard
I realize that this is a bit late but i figured out a way to fix the glitch if the "Ultimate" achievements don't unlock. All you have to do is:

1. Go to the forge and choose to create an item out of the material that you're missing the achievement for.

2. You'll have to go through all of the items until you find the one with a negative number of minions attached to it.

3. The item will allow you to imbue 1 minion to it and then hit FORGE. Note: It will cost the gold because you can't use the glitch to create items.

Achievement should pop up. If you don't want to spend the gold, you could always start a new game...
Rabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #30
mark212

Bieser101's Gamercard
Well I wish I would have read this before I dropped 127 minions in my helm....

mark212 is offline   Reply With Quote